First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 11 12 13
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-01 13:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
He's almost as credible as that crazy old guy who makes vids on youtube about the coming of Nibiru(forgot his name).
Bob Dean?

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-02-01 13:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I wouldn't place Lordgrim anywhere on the political scale to be honest.

While I may have my disagreements with liberals, I never would insult them so as to place Lordgrim near them.

On the political scale, Lordgrim is out in space.
That's the thing, though: he is on that spectrum. What you consider liberal is just a lot closer to centrist compared to him.

This twerp is certainly well off the deep end, to be sure, but he's representative of a very small but vocal minority that's been getting louder again, same as some of the extreme far-right whackos have done. More importantly, disregarding his politics means that all it takes is a few far-left idiots who can imitate a more reasonable position and we could conceivably see the Democratic party hijacked and dragged into hell the way the Republican party has been over the past 30 years.

I do find it fascinating that both the far-right and far-left are anti-scientific braying morons clinging to fear and baseless emotions, though.
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-02-01 13:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
Lordgrim are you anti education too, since it's made by government too there must be an hidden agenda ?
There's a not-hidden-at-all agenda in public education.

But he's definitely anti-education. He randomly capitalizes words, can't spell things that most 7-year-olds can, and supports his arguments with all the attentiveness and aptitude of cat in a laser pointer factory.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-01 13:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
If she's faking it, she did a really good job, probably should work for Hollywood.

Even if she did have dystonia, it's way more likely it was hereditary, and it was triggered by her infection.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Then there's this delightful quote I found when looking stuff up:

Quote:
Please show a little sensitivity. My daughter was also an attention ***, and let me assure you, it’s no laughing matter.

Yeah, it was an elaborate hoax, I'm going to assume to get the attention/money.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-02-01 14:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lordgrim are you anti education too, since it's made by government too there must be an hidden agenda ?

I am all for education , but not by the government, it should be run by the states because clearly the money we spend on taxes that goes to education is not reaching our children. With record drop out rates, and folks not finishing collage and our world wide average dropping to #25 when we use to be #1. Yeah i would say there is a agenda and its not in the peoples best interest in the United States. We are set up to fail in our schools. They push kids through grades even if there failing in subjects just to keep them with there age groups. They give everyone trophies as if they were first place when they were last. They teach kids compound interest is OK, and that credit cards are OK, and we should build our credit up. When children turn 18 they receive credit cards in the mail to start them down the road to debt slavery. Another tool to get you hooked the guise of easy credit you fools.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-01 14:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

When was our education #1?

That's interesting as I didn't have a credit card until after I was 21...

So the nation shouldn't take interest in it's education levels of it's future? Seems like a good way to be self destructive.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2015-02-01 14:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You really get a credit card by mail once you hit 18 in the US ? That sounds crazy lol
By Jetackuu 2015-02-01 14:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You really get a credit card by mail once you hit 18 in the US ? That sounds crazy lol
no.

At best you get offers (which basically amount to nothing, see next), and most don't or can't get their own when they have zero credit, they would need a cosign (usually a parent).

Hell bad credit is better than zero credit.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-02-01 14:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Predatory lending, basically, which our country refuses to make illegal.

But, yeah, on this particular count, I suspect he's more right than wrong. Although, I don't know that it's tied to being 18 so much as being enrolled in university or something of that nature. I'd like to hope banks don't get a list of who reached age of majority, but university enrollment can be data-mined multiple different ways, not least of which is just buying the list from the administration.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-02-01 14:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

i had a credit card at 18 or maybe early 19~. Was my first form of credit as well.
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2015-02-01 14:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Predatory lending, basically, which our country refuses to make illegal.

But, yeah, on this particular count, I suspect he's more right than wrong. Although, I don't know that it's tied to being 18 so much as being enrolled in university or something of that nature. I'd like to hope banks don't get a list of who reached age of majority, but university enrollment can be data-mined multiple different ways, not least of which is just buying the list from the administration.

That's an issue with a majority of anti-conformist people, they are so against everything no one will believe them about anything even if they COULD be right on some subject.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-02-01 14:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Does anyone actually click this idiot's video links? We know it won't contain real data and it'd just be contributing to the viewership of whatever rampant insanity is contained therein, so why would you? I don't find blind ignorance funny, either, so that argument won't sway me.
I did, once. It was one he posted regarding alternative cancer treatments, which I was picking apart when I was topic banned.

Given his
proficiency
with picking that particular source material, and general idiocy on attempting to make points where there is ample credible evidence to refute them...
Watch more hours of videos contributing no credible, documented evidence or arguments?
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-02-01 14:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
If you're anti-vax, I mean, there's really not too much hope for you. :(

i wouldn't go as far to say anti-vax, but i do have issues with ppl/groups that force it on ppl. And there are plenty of them out there. Some have legitimate reasons, but many are just *** about it.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-01 14:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »

i wouldn't go as far to say anti-vax, but i do have issues with ppl/groups that force it on ppl. And there are plenty of them out there. Some have legitimate reasons, but many are just *** about it.
So other people should be put at risk just because some people are morons?
By Altimaomega 2015-02-01 14:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Credit cards are a means to an end. I had 2 when I was 18. One from my Bank had low interest, no fees, and 15 dollar missed payment. One from Capital one, it was an evil can with membership fees, high interest, 30 dollar missed payment, yadda yadda. Both helped me build my credit, all you have to do is pay what you have on them every month don't just pay the minimum monthly. I ditched the capital one card after a year because it was the devil. The one from my Bank got taken over by a different credit card company when I was 27. Ditched that and have not found a decent one since.

So yea, You use too.

Jetackuu said: »
no.

At best you get offers (which basically amount to nothing, see next), and most don't or can't get their own when they have zero credit, they would need a cosign (usually a parent).

Hell bad credit is better than zero credit.

Sadly, bad credit is better than zero credit. Unless you plan on never dealing with banks, building credit is the best way accomplish getting a loan for anything.
By Altimaomega 2015-02-01 14:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

So other people should be put at risk just because some people are morons?

So forcing people to do things is the right thing to do?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-02-01 14:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Proliferation of previously eradicated diseases.... FOR FREEDOM!!!!
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2015-02-01 14:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Just get your vaccine done and let them die from those diseases for their freedom.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2015-02-01 14:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Just get your vaccine done and let them die from those diseases for their freedom.

Exactly, why is this so hard.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-02-01 14:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Why should I be nice to someone who wants to put my friends and family at risk?

I have a 1-year-old niece and two newborn nephews. They were all born premature, too. They were all forced to spend a month in a disease incubator because they were born too early and they were inherently vulnerable simply because they shouldn't have been born yet. The boys are still far too young to be immunized, too, so except for remnant immunity from their mom's immune system (which she has because, go figure, she was vaccinated after she lost her mother's immune protection, who was also vaccinated), they could die any time. Infant mortality was a fact of life a mere century ago rather than an unfortunate circumstance today.

Moreover, I have a lot of friends who are HIV-positive. All of them are undetectable, so their immune systems are working just fine, but that was not always the case and may not always be the case. They don't need exposure to a particularly virulent disease just because some dumb *** doesn't know what science is and refuses to let her doctor vaccinate her precious little petri dish.

Why should I be nice to people who are willfully risking the lives of every child with leukemia, every premature baby, every older person with diminished immunity, every person with an auto-immune disease? If you don't want to feed your kid gluten on the basis of bad science and hypochondria convincing you he has Crohn's, that's your decision, but if you don't feed your kid enough to keep him healthy, he can and will be removed from your care. If we're doing that for individual kids being put at risk by their parent, why on earth does anyone imagine that causing widespread danger to multiple kids and families is ever acceptable?
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-02-01 14:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
I am all for education , but not by the government, it should be run by the states because clearly the money we spend on taxes that goes to education is not reaching our children.
State governments...are...still...governments.
They push kids through grades even if there failing in subjects
This is an actual pertinent point. Anecdotal evidence from tutoring students in maths: the concepts in the current subject matter of their course was not necessarily what they were having issues with (e.g. algebra, geometry, etc); they simply did not have proficiency with basic arithmetic to solve the problems.
They give everyone trophies as if they were first place when they were last.
What does that have to do with the price of butter?
They teach kids compound interest is OK, and that credit cards are OK, and we should build our credit up.
Where do they teach that compound interest is OK? They usually teach it when you learn exponential functions, because...it is an exponential function.
That's not giving right or wrong, that is simply describing what it is, and how it is used.

Credit cards are not an issue, as long as you pay it off every month. I don't recall a lecture on how credit cards are OK is part of a school curriculum, but maybe it's simply been too long.

Hell, one of the takeaways from learning about compound interest is that carrying a balance on a credit card is stupidly expensive.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-02-01 14:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Except vaccinated individuals can still be vulnerable to these diseases. Immunity may not always be lifelong, requiring boosters after prolonged periods of no exposure. So now these idiots have created an additional burden on the public because they can't comprehend basic immunology.
Altimaomega said: »

Because it doesn't work that way you morons.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-02-01 15:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Not everyone can be vaccinated, that's why. If only kids whose parents were HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE got measles, I would still think that's unacceptable (the kids didn't do anything wrong, their parents did), but there's a fairly long list of reasons why someone may be unable to be vaccinate.

And there's still a failure rate. Why encourage a greater failure rate by allowing the microbe to persist?
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2015-02-01 15:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Except vaccinated individuals can still be vulnerable to these diseases. Immunity may not always be lifelong, requiring boosters after prolonged periods of no exposure. So now these idiots have created an additional burden on the public because they can't comprehend basic immunology.

If you keep your vaccination up to date you will be fine.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2015-02-01 15:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Wanna point out these previously eradicated diseases that are killing millions of Americans everyday because people don't wanna subject their infants to the barrage of vaccines?

Don't think I've seen anyone here say they are totally against vaccines. Just the timing they are given and number of them. Perhaps if people like you would stop acting like the world will end if someone doesn't vax and focus on a better way of spreading the vaccine's out, so children are not getting 6 shots in 1 day. Some common ground could get established. Doubt it will happen though, your kind seem to prefer forcing stuff on people.

Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-02-01 15:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Wanna point out these previously eradicated diseases that are killing millions of Americans everyday because people don't wanna subject their infants to the barrage of vaccines?

Don't think I've seen anyone here say they are totally against vaccines. Just the timing they are given and number of them. Perhaps if people like you would stop acting like the world will end if someone doesn't vax and focus on a better way of spreading the vaccine's out, so children are not getting 6 shots in 1 day.

Some common ground could get established. Doubt it will happen though, your kind seem to prefer forcing stuff on people.
Why exactly should the vaccinations be spread out any differently than they are today?
http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/hcp/imz/child-adolescent.html
By Altimaomega 2015-02-01 15:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you happen to count how many shots a child gets before they even turn 1.. Damn, that is more than I even realized.. Surprisingly, my children's doctor only recommends not even half of those. No wonder people are pissed. "Some of those can be given in the same shot so it cuts it down a little" But still, that is a lot.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-02-01 15:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Terrible. Not bothering.
Don't think I've seen anyone here say they are totally against vaccines. Just the timing they are given and number of them. Perhaps if people like you would stop acting like the world will end if someone doesn't vax and focus on a better way of spreading the vaccine's out, so children are not getting 6 shots in 1 day. Some common ground could get established. Doubt it will happen though, your kind seem to prefer forcing stuff on people.
So your argument for putting a susceptible child at risk is that your precious little snowflake is what? Too traumatized for an experience they'll never possibly remember?
Point missed.
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-02-01 15:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

But still, that is a lot.
I know, it sucks, doesn't it? I mean, who wants to take their newborn to see the doctor on a regular basis and make sure the kid is doing ok? What am I, a loving parent? *** that noise, man, I've got another game of Madden to play.

All the physicians I know, and I know a lot, sort of roll their eyes at how obsessive new parents can be with their infants' health, but I guess there's always going to be an outlier population.
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-02-01 15:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you happen to count how many shots a child gets before they even turn 1.. Damn, that is more than I even realized.. Surprisingly, my children's doctor only recommends not even half of those. No wonder people are pissed. "Some of those can be given in the same shot so it cuts it down a little" But still, that is a lot.
Why is your doctor going against the CDC's recommendations?
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 11 12 13