First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-01 15:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm surprised he even has a doctor. I mean, how can he trust him?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-02-01 16:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

MD, DVM... It's all the same ***, really.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-02-01 16:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Except vaccinated individuals can still be vulnerable to these diseases. Immunity may not always be lifelong, requiring boosters after prolonged periods of no exposure. So now these idiots have created an additional burden on the public because they can't comprehend basic immunology.
Asura.Ccl said: »
Just get your vaccine done and let them die from those diseases for their freedom.

Exactly, why is this so hard.
Because it doesn't work that way you morons.

Proliferation of previously eradicated diseases.... FOR FREEDOM!!!!

Wanna point out these previously eradicated diseases that are killing millions of Americans everyday because people don't wanna subject their infants to the barrage of vaccines?

Don't think I've seen anyone here say they are totally against vaccines. Just the timing they are given and number of them. Perhaps if people like you would stop acting like the world will end if someone doesn't vax and focus on a better way of spreading the vaccine's out, so children are not getting 6 shots in 1 day. Some common ground could get established. Doubt it will happen though, your kind seem to prefer forcing stuff on people.

Asura.Ccl said: »

If you keep your vaccination up to date you will be fine.

Well said Altimaomega, I'm not against all vaccines either, but these sheep keep saying i am. I am only against giving them to babies at 11 months old, because they are still developing and have not even learned how to speak words. Not all are bad, and like it is law today there is a choice, i gave all 50 states immunization laws for the United States in my topic, parents do have a choice. Think twice, know your rights people, god bless you all.
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2015-02-01 16:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

Maybe it's a "doctor" that don't need a degree and use plant and old stuff to heal people!
By Altimaomega 2015-02-01 16:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Wanna point out these previously eradicated diseases that are killing millions of Americans everyday because people don't wanna subject their infants to the barrage of vaccines?
Terrible. Not bothering.
Don't think I've seen anyone here say they are totally against vaccines. Just the timing they are given and number of them. Perhaps if people like you would stop acting like the world will end if someone doesn't vax and focus on a better way of spreading the vaccine's out, so children are not getting 6 shots in 1 day. Some common ground could get established. Doubt it will happen though, your kind seem to prefer forcing stuff on people.
So your argument for putting a susceptible child at risk is that your precious little snowflake is what? Too traumatized for an experience they'll never possibly remember?

No.. lol.. That is not the reason.. Put on your thinking cap.

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Did you happen to count how many shots a child gets before they even turn 1.. Damn, that is more than I even realized.. Surprisingly, my children's doctor only recommends not even half of those. No wonder people are pissed. "Some of those can be given in the same shot so it cuts it down a little" But still, that is a lot.
Why is your doctor going against the CDC's recommendations?

Maybe they know something you fools are too agenda driven to understand? Keep on saying the world is on fire and all the elderly and infants are gonna die because not everyone wants the same things you do.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2015-02-01 16:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

How can you trust anyone in this day and age?
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-02-01 16:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

How can you trust anyone in this day and age?

is that not the truth ? i would say they have done a fine job at dividing us all, and keeping us from uniting.

edit : They divide us by ethnicity, religion, wealth, and political parties, that's why i do not claim myself as a party affiliate because George Washington was not either.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-02-01 16:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »

Well said Altimaomega, I'm not against all vaccines either, but these sheep keep saying i am. I am only against giving them to babies at 11 months old, because they are still developing and have not even learned how to speak words. Not all are bad, and like it is law today there is a choice, i gave all 50 states immunization laws for the United States in my topic, parents do have a choice. Think twice, know your rights people, god bless you all.
Being able to speak has nothing to do with immunity.

The reason you start at 6 months for certain vaccinations is because of waning double immunity from the mother (if also breastfeeding).

There are many vaccines they can't handle or doses they can't until 12+ months. That doesn't mean we should not give them the ones they can handle.

Infants immune systems are undeveloped (besides leftover from the mothers body or from breastfeeding), by advocating not vaccinating them until your arbitrary 11 month age you are encouraging them to be more at risk.

Edit touch keyboard
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-02-01 16:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

No.. lol.. That is not the reason.. Put on your thinking cap.
Then what is the reason, dear?
Maybe they know something you fools are too agenda driven to understand?
Maybe they know something? Did you think to ask?
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2015-02-01 16:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep on saying the world is on fire and all the elderly and infants are gonna die because not everyone wants the same things you do.

Why does it need to be all of the elderly or all of the infants? Why should it be acceptable to allow one of either to die for absolutely no reason?
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-02-01 16:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Odin.Godofgods said: »
If you're anti-vax, I mean, there's really not too much hope for you. :(

i wouldn't go as far to say anti-vax, but i do have issues with ppl/groups that force it on ppl. And there are plenty of them out there. Some have legitimate reasons, but many are just *** about it.
So other people should be put at risk just because some people are morons?

just to clarify, i was thinking vaccine more along the line of things like flu shots, not the kinds infants are supposed to get as they grow and what not. - Which lead to my comment about finding ways of forcing it on ppl. For example two parents i know; the public school refused to let there kids sign up because they did not have flu shots. Of course if you don't put them in school and f*** ups like dyfus get involved... well anyone that's dealt with them already knows that point'
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-02-01 16:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you happen to count how many shots a child gets before they even turn 1.. Damn, that is more than I even realized.. Surprisingly, my children's doctor only recommends not even half of those. No wonder people are pissed. "Some of those can be given in the same shot so it cuts it down a little" But still, that is a lot.

You know some of those are combined to combat more than one disease, right? It's not as many shots as you think. :/ That's why your child's doc recommends less.

You're probably not the one who takes your children to the pediatrician. From the looks of it, you're not.

Why in the hell am I reading this?
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-02-01 16:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
I am only against giving them to babies at 11 months old, because they are still developing
Do you know what happens when you don't subject infant and child immune systems to challenges, including those posed by vaccines?

They develop auto-immune disorders. Because their immune system is so under-developed that it can't recognize the difference between a real threat and tulip pollen.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-01 16:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Awww, I missed the credit card debate. I guess people are being forced to get credit cards, right?

Never mind that if you get a credit card without the means to pay for it back, that shows how mature and intelligent you really are.

As for the immunizations for babies: so, one of the most risky times of a person's life to die from a disease, and people are against preventing them from being immune to it?

Hey, if you want to have kids die of measles and rubella, by all means, have your kid die from it. Don't blame us for your own stupidity.
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-02-01 16:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

just to clarify, i was thinking vaccine more along the line of things like flu shots, not the kinds infants are supposed to get as they grow and what not. - Which lead to my comment about finding ways of forcing it on ppl. For example two parents i know; the public school refused to let there kids sign up because they did not have flu shots. Of course if you don't put them in school and f*** ups like dyfus get involved... well anyone that's dealt with them already knows that point'
While I've personally never gotten a flu shot (why do you think of those when you see the word "vaccine"? the marketing department worked really hard to avoid using the V-word for an annual immunization) and am dubious about mandating it because a flu shot is a best-guess cocktail formulated months ahead of the current crop, I can see the logic in wanting kids to get one. Influenza is really dangerous to kids and the elderly. When Spanish flu wiped out millions of people, most of them were kids.

Have you ever even had influenza? I've had it once. I literally could not stand up for a day and, since I live alone, that basically meant I had to crawl to the toilet and the fridge lest I piss myself and dehydrate. That went on for about 10 days. I'm going to assume you've gotten really drunk at least once and/or had a hangover, now imagine that lasting for a week and a half. Also, you're 6 years old.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-02-01 16:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Hey, if you want to have kids die of measles and rubella, by all means, have your kid die from it. Don't blame us for your own stupidity.
Please don't say this. You're basically advocating letting a blameless infant die because his/her parent is an idiot.

If you're going to ask for something to happen, ask for mom and dad to get measles. They're old enough that it probably won't even kill them.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-01 16:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Please don't say this. You're basically advocating letting a blameless infant die because his/her parent is an idiot.

If you're going to ask for something to happen, ask for mom and dad to get measles. They're old enough that it probably won't even kill them.
Odds are, their parents loved them enough to get the shots for them without their consent.

If they don't love their child enough to get them protected from an easily immunizable disease....

I know my words are very harsh, but it's also the truth. And not "Truth and Justice" truth either.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2015-02-01 16:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

You know some of those are combined to combat more than one disease, right? It's not as many shots as you think. :/ That's why your child's doc recommends less.

You're probably not the one who takes your children to the pediatrician. From the looks of it, you're not.

I know reading is hard.

You should really try and suffer through. From the looks of it, you're probably here just to make rude comments no matter what was said previously.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-01 16:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry Altima, but seriously. Do you think that there's only one vaccine in each shot or something?

Not every virus can be in one shot, but those that can be in the same shot generally are in the same shot....
By Jetackuu 2015-02-01 16:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're anti-vax, I mean, there's really not too much hope for you. :(

i wouldn't go as far to say anti-vax, but i do have issues with ppl/groups that force it on ppl. And there are plenty of them out there. Some have legitimate reasons, but many are just *** about it.
So other people should be put at risk just because some people are morons?

So again: the school should allow the student to attend and put the entire student body at risk because a parent is a complete and total moron?
By Altimaomega 2015-02-01 16:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Awww, I missed the credit card debate. I guess people are being forced to get credit cards, right?

Never mind that if you get a credit card without the means to pay for it back, that shows how mature and intelligent you really are.

As for the immunizations for babies: so, one of the most risky times of a person's life to die from a disease, and people are against preventing them from being immune to it?

I'll talk to you since I know you are reasonable. Babies should have immunity from their vaccinated mother and breastfeeding so they should basically be covered. Very few vaccines need to be given til around 3yrs old. Are you reasonable enough to understand this or did I overestimate you.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2015-02-01 17:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry Altima, but seriously. Do you think that there's only one vaccine in each shot or something?

Not every virus can be in one shot, but those that can be in the same shot generally are in the same shot....

I hope you didn't read the comment above yours or I'm gonna have to start calling you Pleebo..
By Jetackuu 2015-02-01 17:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll talk to you since I know you are reasonable. Babies should have immunity from their vaccinated mother and breastfeeding so they should basically be covered. Very few vaccines need to be given til around 3yrs old. Are you reasonable enough to understand this or did I overestimate you.

You forget that not all children breastfeed, not all children get those antibodies from their mother (if their mother didn't have them to give), and your age is entirely wrong.

Aside from that, kudos on actually trying to not be a moron, it's rare.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-01 17:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Immunity do not pass like that.

For a species to be fully immune to a disease, it would take generations on generations of sickness and death for the human genetic makeup to change as a survival tool. That's countless deaths and diseases that we should not have to have.

With technology today, we can prevent such death and diseases right from the start. That's what we have been doing for a while now, and you should be glad that we have this ability to bypass time to create immunity for us today.

I will admit, medicine is not a strong subject for me, but I think that our scientists and doctors have a great grasp on what is good for us not only as an individual, but as a society.

I understand the skeptics (you, Lordgrim, charlo, and so on) who think that they don't have a clue, or there is some hidden agenda associated with whatever they are doing, but you know what? You have to trust people, otherwise you might as well remove yourself from society, as you will neither be happy, nor helpful, nor productive, nor able to coexist with people if you do not trust anyone but yourselves.

The only thing I don't trust people with is money, as it has been proven that people are greedy and would take other's money for themselves often. However, I do trust people with their idea of what is best for themselves.

Doctors are immunized all of the time, so are nurses. If vaccines are so bad for us, then why do our healthcare professionals do the very thing that you believe is bad for society?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-01 17:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope you didn't read the comment above yours or I'm gonna have to start calling you Pleebo..
You know what, you are the third person in less than 4 days to compare me with Pleebo....

By Jetackuu 2015-02-01 17:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Did Pleebo hack you?
By Altimaomega 2015-02-01 17:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You forget that not all children breastfeed, not all children get those antibodies from their mother (if their mother didn't have them to give), and your age is entirely wrong.

Aside from that, kudos on actually trying to not be a moron, it's rare.

I guess we should force all mothers to breastfeed their children then! ffs your a piece of work.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-02-01 17:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
While I've personally never gotten a flu shot (why do you think of those when you see the word "vaccine"? the marketing department worked really hard to avoid using the V-word for an annual immunization) and am dubious about mandating it because a flu shot is a best-guess cocktail formulated months ahead of the current crop, I can see the logic in wanting kids to get one. Influenza is really dangerous to kids and the elderly. When Spanish flu wiped out millions of people, most of them were kids.

Have you ever even had influenza? I've had it once. I literally could not stand up for a day and, since I live alone, that basically meant I had to crawl to the toilet and the fridge lest I piss myself and dehydrate. That went on for about 10 days. I'm going to assume you've gotten really drunk at least once and/or had a hangover, now imagine that lasting for a week and a half. Also, you're 6 years old.

I thought of the flu shot when i read vaccine for two reasons. One, they have been advertising it as that lately. And two, ive been sleep deprived as hell this week'

As for having influenza and not being able to stand up for a day... That almost sounds good' Try having even a regular flu on top of my permanent injury that landed me on ssd. I had actually started getting used to the pain of my injury. A hundred different kinds of pain. Collapsing on to the floor out of no where. Even became unable to walk right for a good while; had to spend months in physical therapy. I was also a sickly child. I had bought with some severe flu's very very often. None of it even comes close to the level of pain of having even a basic flu on top of that. Im literally unable to do anything. I cant stay in the current position because it hurts to much yet at the same time it hurt to much to be able to move. Im well aware of how serious they can be.
Point being, atm i dont think things like flu shots should be mandatory on all kids. Thats still a parents call. - Infant Vaccines i understand. But not something like flu shots.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-02-01 17:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't you complain incessantly about this type of behavior and mod favoritism when these threads don't go your way?

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

I know reading is hard

I know, being actively involved and knowlegable of your child(ren)'s healthcare and one-on-ones with their physician is hard.

FTFY!

(Superbowl brew induced!)
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-02-01 17:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Breastmilk antibodies aren't a substitute for vaccines. You're basically just hoping for the best with that strategy.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13