Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-01 17:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Did Pleebo hack you?
*run anti-pleebo scan*

*scanning*

*scanning*

*ERRORERRORERRORERRORMUSTSHUTDOWNDELETESYS32FOLDERERRORERRORERRORBLUESCREENOFDEATHTROJANHORSEERROR*
By Jetackuu 2015-02-01 17:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
I guess we should force all mothers to breastfeed their children then! ffs your a piece of work.
As much as I would like that, it's not a solution in 100% of cases, for many reasons that we should be able to avoid.

You know the big bad government also requires that you educate,feed, clothe, etc your children, there's no reason to not get them their vaccines unless they are medically unable to receive them, *** the health department will even give them for free.

If you don't want to take part in society, get out.
By Altimaomega 2015-02-01 17:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I'll talk to you since I know you are reasonable. Babies should have immunity from their vaccinated mother and breastfeeding so they should basically be covered. Very few vaccines need to be given til around 3yrs old. Are you reasonable enough to understand this or did I overestimate you.
Immunity do not pass like that.

For a species to be fully immune to a disease, it would take generations on generations of sickness and death for the human genetic makeup to change as a survival tool. That's countless deaths and diseases that we should not have to have.

With technology today, we can prevent such death and diseases right from the start. That's what we have been doing for a while now, and you should be glad that we have this ability to bypass time to create immunity for us today.

I will admit, medicine is not a strong subject for me, but I think that our scientists and doctors have a great grasp on what is good for us not only as an individual, but as a society.

I understand the skeptics (you, Lordgrim, charlo, and so on) who think that they don't have a clue, or there is some hidden agenda associated with whatever they are doing, but you know what? You have to trust people, otherwise you might as well remove yourself from society, as you will neither be happy, nor helpful, nor productive, nor able to coexist with people if you do not trust anyone but yourselves.

The only thing I don't trust people with is money, as it has been proven that people are greedy and would take other's money for themselves often. However, I do trust people with their idea of what is best for themselves.

Doctors are immunized all of the time, so are nurses. If vaccines are so bad for us, then why do our healthcare professionals do the very thing that you believe is bad for society?

Actually.. It does work like that.. http://www.cdc.gov/pertussis/pregnant/mom/get-vaccinated.html I guess the people that you are arguing for are wrong about that in your mind.. Or you just didn't know..

And no. Trust is earned not given.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-01 17:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Breastmilk antibodies aren't a substitute for vaccines. You're basically just hoping for the best with that strategy.

They both have their uses, but no they are not a substitute.

Quote:
Babies are born with protection against certain diseases because antibodies from their mothers were passed to them through the placenta. After birth, breastfed babies get the continued benefits of additional antibodies in breast milk. But in both cases, the protection is temporary.

Immunization (vaccination) is a way of creating immunity to certain diseases by using small amounts of a killed or weakened microorganism that causes the particular disease.

Microorganisms can be viruses (such as the measles virus) or they can be bacteria (such as pneumococcus). Vaccines stimulate the immune system to react as if there were a real infection — it fends off the "infection" and remembers the organism so that it can fight it quickly should it enter the body later.

http://kidshealth.org/parent/general/body/vaccine.html
By Jetackuu 2015-02-01 17:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Go home Zah, you're drunk.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-02-01 17:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

"What does the CDC know!?!!!"
-links recommendations from the CDC-
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-02-01 17:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Breastmilk antibodies aren't a substitute for vaccines. You're basically just hoping for the best with that strategy.

Surprised they havnt started trying to tax mothers breastfeeding...
By Altimaomega 2015-02-01 17:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »

Don't give them ideas.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-02-01 17:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't give them ideas.

was my first thought after posting that..
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-01 17:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll talk to you since I know you are reasonable. Babies should have immunity from their vaccinated mother and breastfeeding so they should basically be covered. Very few vaccines need to be given til around 3yrs old. Are you reasonable enough to understand this or did I overestimate you.

For a species to be fully immune to a disease, it would take generations on generations of sickness and death for the human genetic makeup to change as a survival tool. That's countless deaths and diseases that we should not have to have.

With technology today, we can prevent such death and diseases right from the start. That's what we have been doing for a while now, and you should be glad that we have this ability to bypass time to create immunity for us today.

I will admit, medicine is not a strong subject for me, but I think that our scientists and doctors have a great grasp on what is good for us not only as an individual, but as a society.

I understand the skeptics (you, Lordgrim, charlo, and so on) who think that they don't have a clue, or there is some hidden agenda associated with whatever they are doing, but you know what? You have to trust people, otherwise you might as well remove yourself from society, as you will neither be happy, nor helpful, nor productive, nor able to coexist with people if you do not trust anyone but yourselves.

The only thing I don't trust people with is money, as it has been proven that people are greedy and would take other's money for themselves often. However, I do trust people with their idea of what is best for themselves.

Doctors are immunized all of the time, so are nurses. If vaccines are so bad for us, then why do our healthcare professionals do the very thing that you believe is bad for society?

Actually.. It does work like that.. http://www.cdc.gov/pertussis/pregnant/mom/get-vaccinated.html I guess the people that you are arguing for are wrong about that in your mind.. Or you just didn't know..

Well, I did say immunity, not vaccinations.

But anyway, I don't think our talk will be any productive anymore. I don't think you understand the importance of vaccinations, especially towards the health and survival of infants.
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-02-01 17:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what, you are the third person in less than 4 days to compare me with Pleebo....
Like I said, now that the liberal loonies have come out of the woodwork, you have a proper target. I swear you were beating yourself unconscious trying to find some way to hate people whose point-of-view differed from yours because no one had thrown something completely batshit at you.

It's a calibration error that has suddenly corrected itself, so now that you're exercising your intelligence in the name of reason, everyone is slightly shocked.

You can choose whether or not to be offended. I kinda think it goes both ways, so I wouldn't criticize you on either count.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-02-01 17:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

We're a country obsessed with *** that simultaneously tries to legislate against breast-feeding. Let's just assume that we're clinically insane, yes?

Seriously, *** are for kids. Well, teats, technically, but that's such a saggy word.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2015-02-01 17:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I did say immunity, not vaccinations.

But anyway, I don't think our talk will be any productive anymore. I don't think you understand the importance of vaccinations, especially towards the health and survival of infants.

You see this is why people are comparing you to pleebo, and honestly I though you was above it. You automatically go to "you're ignorant and don't understand" When actually the case is quite the opposite and you're failing to understand the point I am trying to knock into your head. IMO MOST Vaccines are not bad! When I take this stance these people think they win because I gave an inch and they take a mile. I thought you was aware of this simple fact here on ffxiah.com It seems I was wrong.. Trying to get people to see past agendas is a difficult thing, as you well know.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-02-01 17:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry, this is still a thing?

If people don't want vaccines, don't let them, the stupid will die off and the rest won't. As quickly, from this.........

I mean Nuclear war is more likely to happen than us dieing from some obscure disease (chemical and germ warfare not included)
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-02-01 18:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
If people don't want vaccines, don't let them, the stupid will die off and the rest won't.
Bolded the problem: lots of people cannot be vaccinated and/or have a weakened immune system. And vaccines fail in healthy people. And immunity can even fade over time now that we're all living past the age of 45.

If not getting vaccinated only affected the people who choose not to get vaccinated (important point-of-order: these kids aren't able to choose, so their mommies and daddies are basically complicit in manslaughter if their kid dies of a communicable illness like measles), everyone would agree with you.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-02-02 14:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, what? Did you even read your link?
Quote:
Whooping cough vaccination during pregnancy is ideal so your baby will have short-term protection as soon as he is born. This early protection is important because your baby will not start getting his whooping cough vaccines until he is 2 months old. These first few months of life are when your baby is at greatest risk for catching whooping cough and having severe, potentially life-threating complications from the infection. To avoid that gap in protection, it is best to get a whooping cough vaccine during pregnancy so you pass protection to your baby before he is born. To continue protecting your baby, he should get whooping cough vaccines starting at 2 months old.

Your protective antibodies are at their highest about 2 weeks after getting the vaccine. So you should get the vaccine late in your pregnancy, preferably during your 27th through 36th week, to give your baby the most protection when she is born.

The amount of whooping cough antibodies in your body decreases over time. When you get the vaccine during one pregnancy, your antibody levels will not stay high enough to provide enough protection for future pregnancies. It is important for you to get a whooping cough vaccine during each pregnancy so that each of your babies gets the greatest number of protective antibodies from you and the best protection possible against this disease.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-02-02 22:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

And now its getting political....

Vaccination debate flares in GOP presidential race, alarming medical experts
The Washington Post.

Quote:
CAMBRIDGE, England — Medical experts reacted with alarm Monday as two top contenders for the Republican presidential nomination appeared to question whether child vaccinations should be mandatory — injecting politics into an emotional issue that has taken on new resonance with a recent outbreak of measles in the United States.

First, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, while visiting a vaccine laboratory here, called for “some measure of choice” on whether shots guarding against measles and other diseases should be required for children.

Then, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), an ophthalmologist who is also readying a 2016 campaign, said in two U.S. television interviews that he thinks most vaccines should be voluntary, citing “many tragic cases of walking, talking, normal children who wound up with profound mental disorders after vaccines.”

“The state doesn’t own your children,” Paul said on CNBC, praising vaccines for their health benefits but insisting that the government should not mandate their use in most cases. “Parents own the children. And it is an issue of freedom and public health.”

The vigorous outcry in response to the remarks underscored the sensitivity surrounding the vaccination debate, particularly given a widening multistate measles outbreak linked to a California theme park. Both Christie and Paul are leading GOP candidates who are likely to exercise significant influence over the direction of the 2016 primary race.

The comments also illustrated persistent strains of skepticism within both parties over vaccination requirements, fueled in part by discredited claims of a connection between childhood shots and autism. Scientists have blamed a small but influential anti-vaccine movement for helping spark a new epidemic of measles, which was once virtually eliminated.

On Monday, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said that more than 100 cases of the highly infectious disease were diagnosed in January. Most of the cases appear linked to victims who became ill after visiting Disneyland in Anaheim, Calif., in mid-December.

“When you see educated people or elected officials giving credence to things that have been completely debunked, an idea that’s been shown to be responsible for multiple measles and pertussis outbreaks in recent years, it’s very concerning,” said Amesh Adalja, an infectious-disease physician at the Center for Health Security at the University of Pittsburgh. He called the comments from Paul particularly troubling because Paul is a doctor.

Christie’s aides quickly tried to clarify his remarks, insisting in a statement that the Republican governor believes vaccines are “an important public health protection.”

After visiting a MedImmune vaccine laboratory in Cambridge, Christie was asked to weigh in on the debate in the United States over the measles outbreak. President Obama told NBC News anchor Savannah Guthrie on Sunday, “You should get your kids vaccinated.”

“The science is, you know, pretty indisputable,” Obama said. “We’ve looked at this again and again. There is every reason to get vaccinated, but there aren’t reasons to not.”

Christie, however, said Monday that “there has to be a balance, and it depends on what the vaccine is, what the disease type is, and all the rest.” He added: “Not every vaccine is created equal, and not every disease type is as great a public health threat as others.
To keep your kids away from measles, move here(1:24)
With the latest measles outbreak spreading fast, you may be surprised by the state with the best child vaccination rate in the country.

“I also understand that parents need to have some measure of choice in things as well, so that’s the balance that the government has to decide,” he said.

As for Paul, he told talk show host Laura Ingraham that he had chosen to hold off on vaccinating his children for some diseases.

“I didn’t like them getting 10 vaccines at once, so I actually delayed my kids’ vaccines and had them staggered over time,” he said.

Both men’s remarks drew immediate rebuke from experts on the issue.

Seth Mnookin, a professor at MIT who has written a book on the vaccination debate called “The Panic Virus,” called the comments from Christie and Paul “incredibly, in­cred­ibly irresponsible.”

Such remarks, he said, “basically fail at the first duty of a politician, which is to calm his constituents in moments of irrational crisis.”

The criticism came too from some political strategists, who wondered whether Christie in particular might have been attempting to appeal to Republicans suspicious of government mandates.

“There’s only one of two options,” said Rick Wilson, a Republican operative from Florida. “Either he’s so tone-deaf that he doesn’t understand why saying this is bad for him, or this is a considered political strategy. And that would be even more troubling.”

Christie aides said he was not questioning science, and they acknowledged that his initial comments could be misconstrued.

“The Governor believes vaccines are an important public health protection and with a disease like measles there is no question kids should be vaccinated,” said a statement issued from Christie’s office in Trenton, N.J., after the uproar. “At the same time different states require different degrees of vaccination, which is why he was calling for balance in which ones government should mandate.”

In substance, Christie’s overseas comments did not differ dramatically from remarks he has made previously in New Jersey, which faces higher than average childhood autism rates and an active community of parents who have questioned vaccinations.

In 2009, Christie met with parents concerned about autism rates and listened to some who expressed fears that the disease might be linked to vaccinations, said Louise Kuo Habakus, who co-edited a book called “Vaccine Epidemic” and is active with the group New Jersey Coalition for Vaccination Choice. She said not everyone at the meeting held that view.

Habakus said she gave Christie a copy of her book just before a 2011 town-hall meeting. During the public event that followed, Christie chose to call on her to ask a question, which she said she took as a sign that he wanted to allow her a forum to express her concerns.

She praised Christie for supporting “greater dialogue” about parental rights but said she had never heard him link autism and vaccination or discourage parents from getting shots for their children.

“I think he’s been very brave on this issue,” she said. “He’s been constant and courageous on this issue, saying parents should be more involved in the discussion.”

The link between vaccinations and autism was alleged in a small 1998 study that has since been widely discredited in the scientific community. The journal that published the study retracted it in 2010, and its author lost his medical license.

But many doctors had cast doubt on the study even before those actions, insisting that the measles, mumps and rubella vaccine was safe and effective at combating once-deadly but now preventable diseases.

Both Obama and Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) drew fire in 2008 for seeming to give credence to the link. At one campaign appearance, Obama noted that “some people are suspicious” that skyrocketing rates of autism might be linked to vaccines.

“The science right now is inconclusive, but we have to research it,” he said.

McCain said at a town hall meeting in 2008 that there was “strong evidence that indicates it’s got to do with a preservative in vaccines.”

Obama has said recently that the science is now settled and has urged vaccination.

Nick Gillespie, editor in chief of the libertarian magazine Reason, said there is a vigorous debate over vaccines, particularly whether government should mandate their use. He said Christie may have been trying to curry favor with libertarian-leaning Republicans with his emphasis on parental choice.

“There is a broadly ascending libertarian sentiment in the Republican Party,” he said. “Even mainstream establishment Republicans understand they need to speak to the libertarian wing.”

Former Hewlett-Packard chief executive Carly Fiorina, who is considering a long-shot 2016 run, also appeared to endorse parental choice for vaccines in a BuzzFeed interview last week.

“I think vaccinating for measles makes a lot of sense. But that’s me. I do think parents have to make those choices. I mean, I got measles as a kid. We used to all get measles,” she said. “I got chicken pox, I got measles, I got mumps.”

Fiorina also drew a distinction between the measles vaccine and one intended to combat human papillomavirus (HPV), a common sexual infection that can lead to cervical cancer. The vaccine sparked controversy in the 2012 campaign when then-Rep. ­Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) blasted then-Texas Gov. Rick ­Perry for helping to institute a mandate requiring most girls in Texas to get the vaccine.

Some social conservatives object to a mandate because they argue it would suggest to young girls that having sex is acceptable. Bachmann later falsely suggested that the HPV vaccine might cause mental retardation.

Mnookin said various studies have tried to examine the political leanings of those who oppose vaccination, finding that they are drawn from both parties.

“It’s not a homogenous group,” he said. “People who don’t vaccinate are not more likely to congregate politically one side of the aisle or the other.”
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-02-02 22:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, good. Not nearly enough people have become sick from easily preventable illnesses so far.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2015-02-03 10:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Babies should have immunity from their vaccinated mother and breastfeeding

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
This early protection

Looks like you cannot.
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-02-03 11:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

This early protection

Looks like you cannot.
Lets try this again.
YourOwnDamnLink said:
This early protection
YourOwnDamnLink said:
This early protection is important because
YourOwnDamnLink said:
This early protection is important because your baby will not start getting his whooping cough vaccines
YourOwnDamnLink said:
This early protection is important because your baby will not start getting his whooping cough vaccines until he is 2 months old.
Why is that early protection important?
YourOwnDamnLink said:
because your baby will not start getting his whooping cough vaccines until he is 2 months old.

The link you gave, to support this argument:
Babies should have immunity from their vaccinated mother and breastfeeding so they should basically be covered. Very few vaccines need to be given til around 3yrs old.
Tells you this:
YourOwnDamnLink said:
This early protection is important because your baby will not start getting his whooping cough vaccines until he is 2 months old.
2 months old << 36 months old
To give an idea of the difference in scale:

How does that protection for the first couple of months established? The mother needs to be vaccinated, ideally in the last couple of weeks of the pregnancy.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-02-03 12:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Illegal immigrants are flooding into the country bringing in disease after disease, and all the liberals insist the conversation be about how they should be able to force medical treatments on other citizens.

Liberalism is a mental disorder!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-03 12:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Illegal immigrants are flooding into the country bringing in disease after disease, and all the liberals insist the conversation be about how they should be able to force medical treatments on other citizens.

Trying the "say the lie enough and people will think it's true" approach eh?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-03 12:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Was that a serious post? Cause if so may gods have mercy of this guy's brain.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-03 12:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Was that a serious post? Cause if not may gods have mercy of this guy's brain.
Don't you mean "if so" ?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-03 13:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-02-03 13:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Can Obama come out in favor of breathing oxygen? Because then this conflict would just resolve itself.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2015-02-03 13:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

This early protection

Looks like you cannot.
Lets try this again.
YourOwnDamnLink said:
This early protection
YourOwnDamnLink said:
This early protection is important because
YourOwnDamnLink said:
This early protection is important because your baby will not start getting his whooping cough vaccines
YourOwnDamnLink said:
Why is that early protection important?
YourOwnDamnLink said:
because your baby will not start getting his whooping cough vaccines until he is 2 months old.

The link you gave, to support this argument:
Babies should have immunity from their vaccinated mother and breastfeeding so they should basically be covered. Very few vaccines need to be given til around 3yrs old.
Tells you this:
YourOwnDamnLink said:
To give an idea of the difference in scale:

How does that protection for the first couple of months established? The mother needs to be vaccinated, ideally in the last couple of weeks of the pregnancy.

Nice temper tantrum.. /clap You ready to look like a complete fool again? Too bad, here it comes.
I shown it actually does happen with a one second google search. Proving KN wrong "which he let go, since he is a better person than you" and you still won't accept it.

Notice the use of my words, look closely, I know since you have trouble with the English language its hard for you to spot. Here I'll bold it for you.

Since you seem to not have use of the internet, or your own mind for that matter here is some more info for you to pick apart.
Passive immunity to measles, mumps and rubella usually lasts for about a year, which is why the MMR vaccine is given just after your baby's first birthday. Depending on the mother vaccinations and how long she has breastfeed that time frame can be extended farther. Hell, based on the time of year and the illness going around your area it could be stretched even farther. My entire point is baby's and even small children should be given the least amount of medication-vaccines as possible, putting all this stuff into them at such young developmental times cannot be good. Be rational and use your own judgement if you have any of those two ability's left.

Keep using those big letters to get the point across that you cannot read and take things out of context you are really good at it.

P.s. My first child was vaccinated for whooping cough, that winter he "surprise" got a really bad case of whooping cough. My second child has never been vaccinated for whooping cough and "surprise" has never gotten it. Every thing is not always black and white and you need to learn to read between the lines. Hell, just learn how to read ktxbye... Oh.. btw you even have kids..
[+]
By Altimaomega 2015-02-03 13:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

Trying the "say the lie enough and people will think it's true" approach eh?

Seems to be working for this administration.

Can Obama come out in favor of breathing oxygen? Because then this conflict would just resolve itself.

(Plays the liberal card)
Good luck breathing 100% oxygen..
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-03 13:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we get some Phytophthora up in here?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-03 13:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Need to repost dis.

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I dedicate this to Lordgrim, Charlo, etc.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13