America's Most Prominant Muslim Scholar On ISIS

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » America's Most Prominant Muslim Scholar on ISIS
America's Most Prominant Muslim Scholar on ISIS
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 19 20 21
By Kooljack 2014-09-21 04:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

if evolution was proven without a shadow of a doubt it would be named a law. but its not so, it's a theory. A theory is not the king of science. theory's are always open to be disproved.
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-21 04:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Kooljack said: »
Bahamut.Milamber said: »
how HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE do you guys want me to make you look, trying to argue this
I'll take #5 for 1000, Alex! You know, the one you didn't seem to read.

But please, feel free to make us look more HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. It's working.

I just owned your *** with a quote out of the dictionary; try not to be so stupid next time ok

Edit:: and i owned ur *** with your own link; im pretty sure you're viewed like a giant rock head now just like you're avatar ROFL
For those of us that understand numbers, the fifth definition that you provided was:
Quote:
: a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena <the wave theory of light>
Yep, I'm absolutely certain I'm viewed like a giant rock head, just like my avatar. I'm pretty certain that if you have accomplished nothing else on these forums, it is that you have made me look uneducated, uninformed, illiterate, and stupid.

Congratulations!
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-21 04:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

if evolution was proven without a shadow of a doubt it would be named a law. but its not so, it's a theory. A theory is not the king of science. theory's are always open to be disproved.

EVERYTHING in science is open to be disproved.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-09-21 04:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Wikipedia said:
A scientific law is a statement based on repeated experimental observations that describes some aspect of the universe. A scientific law always applies under the same conditions, and implies that there is a causal relationship involving its elements. Factual and well-confirmed statements like "Mercury is liquid at standard temperature and pressure" are considered too specific to qualify as scientific laws. A central problem in the philosophy of science, going back to David Hume, is that of distinguishing causal relationships (such as those implied by laws) from principles that arise due to constant conjunction.[1]

Laws differ from scientific theories in that they do not posit a mechanism or explanation of phenomena: they are merely distillations of the results of repeated observation. As such, a law is limited in applicability to circumstances resembling those already observed, and may be found false when extrapolated. Ohm's law only applies to linear networks, Newton's law of universal gravitation only applies in weak gravitational fields, the early laws of aerodynamics such as Bernoulli's principle do not apply in case of compressible flow such as occurs in transonic and supersonic flight, Hooke's law only applies to strain below the elastic limit, etc. These laws remain useful, but only under the conditions where they apply.
Since you can't be assed to look it up yourself.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-09-21 04:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not how it works. Theories don't "graduate" into laws.

I really can't tell if you're just dicking around with us at this point, but, you know, Poe's Law and all...
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-09-21 04:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

What.....king in science?
Laws are not absolute.
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-09-21 04:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is horrible. Now I'm getting adds for Muslim dating sites.
 Cerberus.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2014-09-21 04:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
This thread is horrible. Now I'm getting adds for Muslim dating sites.

More Hentai ads. :<
By Kooljack 2014-09-21 04:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

i think we can all agree that we are now in the realm of real controversial topic that is debated on the highest of all high levels; as far as debating something goes. And thus, brings me back to the fallacy of dunk bender saying that believers are more illogical then non-believers. You can't say for certain you know without a doubt that we are a product of evolution. You have to admit for your own future credibility that calling people out as being illogical based on creationism or evolution-ism is unsound logic in itself. The premise that you can be so egotistical to call someone illogical based on creationists viewpoint is bewildering. I would bet most moderate atheists(2% of the world) would even agree with me about this.

In a bigger perspective consider this:

setting evolution aside, mo one has the answer of where life came from. So with that in mind, can you really still call the believer illogical; and think down upon their viewpoint?

You are saying your viewpoint is above mine. which is fine. but then to say I'm illogical because of my original 'life' viewpoint is further perpetuating your irrational argument.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-09-21 04:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

i think we can all agree that we are now in the realm of real controversial topic that is debated on the highest of all high levels
No, we can't, despite you trying to bludgeon your way through. You're outclassed in so many ways man, it's honestly pathetic. The worst part is that you can't even see it.

I'm done. Night folks.
By Kooljack 2014-09-21 04:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
i think we can all agree that we are now in the realm of real controversial topic that is debated on the highest of all high levels
No, we can't, despite you trying to bludgeon your way through. You're outclassed in so many ways man, it's honestly pathetic. The worst part is that you can't even see it.

I'm done. Night folks.

Atheists are like 2% of the world bro; your the weirdo
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-09-21 04:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You're*

And I'm an agnostic, like I already said before.
By Kooljack 2014-09-21 04:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

You're*

Im still giggling about owning your *** with my dictionary definition hehe

ok then your 12% of the world, still a minority

I got my double mage mythics. im here to party. get used to it
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-21 04:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

i think we can all agree that we are now in the realm of real controversial topic that is debated on the highest of all high levels; as far as debating something goes. And thus, brings me back to the fallacy of dunk bender saying that believers are more illogical then non-believers. You can't say for certain you know without a doubt that we are a product of evolution. You have to admit for your own future credibility that calling people out as being illogical based on creationism or evolution-ism is unsound logic in itself. The premise that you can be so egotistical to call someone illogical based on creationists viewpoint is bewildering. I would bet most moderate atheists(2% of the world) would even agree with me about this.

Evolution has the highest probability of all known options. It also is something that can be observed.
We don't know that we aren't all vaginal mucus from Ishar, either, and that the world was created instantaneously right before the current moment. That has the same exact feasibility as creationism.

Those that believe in religion may not necessarily be any more illogical than those that do not, but religiosity has little to do with creationism versus evolution. But if you were to take someone's stance on creationism versus evolution as the sole factor, then there is no question whatsoever that those espousing creationism as a mechanism are illogical in comparison to those promoting evolution.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-09-21 04:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So with that in mind, can you really still call the believer illogical; and think down upon their viewpoint?
Yes. Rather than accept the rational explanation that we cannot know something 100%, as with abiogenesis, you've chosen to fill those knowledge gaps with the supernatural.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-09-21 04:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

No, evolution is not controversial.

Evolution has been tested, re-tested, modified, analyzed, scrutinized, critiqued. Over and over again.

Creationism cannot be tested. It is not a scientific theory. It is not in the same ballpark as evolution and should never be discussed as a parallel theory, since it is not.

Cerberus.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2014-09-21 04:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh ***son double mage mythics.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-21 04:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You're*

Im still giggling about owning your *** with my dictionary definition hehe

ok then your 12% of the world, still a minority

I got my double mage mythics. im here to party. get used to it
For the love of all things good, please tell me that you were raised and educated somewhere other than the US or Denmark.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-09-21 04:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

setting evolution aside, mo one has the answer of where life came from. So with that in mind, can you really still call the believer illogical; and think down upon their viewpoint?
Are you one of those the world is 6,000 years old people?

Because, you know, evolution doesn't explain how life came to be on this planet.

[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-21 05:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

What happens when a hypothetical Paradox manifests itself, like an Athiest scientists claims Athiesm is impossible?

Not directed at you Milamber but who was it that said people are born Athiests?

"This shouldn’t come as a surprise, since we are born believers, not atheists, scientists say. "
Science would argue differently.
By Kooljack 2014-09-21 05:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

you encountered a normal 85% person in the population. A believer's viewpoint , my dictionary definitions have you guys spieling your brains out over theory, Im giggling with 5 of you guys trying to stump me.

And you wanna know what a normal 85% of the population looks like? check my ***, I'm rocking a way smarter setup then what im sure any of you guys have. Iono i represent the majority's thought, and I think I've came out ontop in every way possible. your avatars suck, your chars suck, your posts suck.

this here out of nowhere believer has you smoked by even your own fantasy standards (pun? i think so))

step your game up if you gonna tango
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-09-21 05:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bleh. It's not as much fun when you try so hard.
By Kooljack 2014-09-21 05:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

tbh i smoke and am actually not in my view religious. i dont go to church. i dont practice much of anything. i just believe in a higher power with some understanding about the world around me. I am a creationist. which is the majority's viewpoint. keep that in mind as you go around calling believers illogical eh? just maybe you wont get trumped by dictionary definitions next time
 Quetzalcoatl.Maldini
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: maldini
By Quetzalcoatl.Maldini 2014-09-21 05:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

tbh i smoke and am actually not in my view religious. i dont go to church. i dont practice much of anything. i just believe in a higher power with some understanding about the world around me. I am a creationist. which is the majority's viewpoint. keep that in mind as you go around calling believers illogical eh? just maybe you wont get trumped by dictionary definitions next time

Athiests find the belief in a higher power less plausible than everything coming into existence out of nothing, which is at odds with the very foundations and fundamentals of science.
While the belief in God does not contradict anything in science.

By the way, I believe in Evolution, as a tool for creation.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-09-21 05:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Maldini said: »
everything coming into existence out of nothing, which is at odds at the very foundations and fundamentals of science.
How so? Keep in mind that "out of nothing" is a very vague phrase.

The belief in God doesn't contradict science because science and the supernatural do not intersect. This doesn't elevate it above scientific reasoning because there is no fundamental conflict between the two unless you treat the supernatural as something within the realm of science, which it is not.
 Quetzalcoatl.Maldini
By Quetzalcoatl.Maldini 2014-09-21 05:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I found this Gem as a suggested video after clicking that link.

Jet might actually be Hannity? I love how he tells the Expert he is wrong about his own expertise lol and then quickly ends the debate when its obvious the dude is about school him.
YouTube Video Placeholder

wowow I found more: (she really is bat sh!t crazy!)

She might as well be screaming "Illuminati!!"
 Quetzalcoatl.Maldini
By Quetzalcoatl.Maldini 2014-09-21 05:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Maldini said: »
everything coming into existence out of nothing, which is at odds at the very foundations and fundamentals of science.
How so? Keep in mind that "out of nothing" is a very vague phrase.

The belief in God doesn't contradict science because science and the supernatural do not intersect. This doesn't elevate it above scientific reasoning because there is no fundamental conflict between the two unless you treat the supernatural as something within the realm of science, which it is not.

The theory is pretty clear on what "nothing" means. and it just that, "the void". Dawkins for example, asserts in his support of the multiverse that our universe was "fine tuned" for stars and galaxies to come into existence. Nothing tunes itself.

Having said that, I do agree with you that the belief in God is a philosophical debate and has not been proved or disproved by science.

Maybe what we refer to as science will be the hocus pocus pseudo science of our descendants. Perhaps new paradigms and schools of thought will emerge that consolidate philosophy, the physical sciences, social sciences and God.

I believe science to be the greatest testimony to God. Our practice of science is simply the observation, appreciation and decryption of the creator's code. I believe he intended us to be able to appreciate that. His first word to Mohammed was "Read".

To me, Evolution is a mechanism the creator put in place.

"then He turned to the heaven when it was smoke...” (Quran 41:11)

"Have not those who disbelieved known that the heavens and the earth were one connected entity, then We separated them?...” (Quran 21:30)"

Dr. Alfred Kroner is one of the world’s renowned geologists. He is Professor of Geology and the Chairman of the Department of Geology at the Institute of Geosciences, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany.
Quote:
Thinking where Muhammad came from . . . I think it is almost impossible that he could have known about things like the common origin of the universe, because scientists have only found out within the last few years, with very complicated and advanced technological methods, that this is the case.Somebody who did not know something about nuclear physics fourteen hundred years ago could not, I think, be in a position to find out from his own mind, for instance, that the earth and the heavens had the same origin.
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-21 05:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »

What happens when a hypothetical Paradox manifests itself, like an Athiest scientists claims Athiesm is impossible?

Not directed at you Milamber but who was it that said people are born Athiests?

"This shouldn’t come as a surprise, since we are born believers, not atheists, scientists say. "
Science would argue differently.
Um. Yeah, that page quotes an article in a non-peer-reviewed magazine.
Wikipedia said:
New Scientist is a weekly non-peer-reviewed English-language international science magazine,[3] founded by Tom Margerison in 1956.[2] Since 1996 it has also run a website.
Sold in retail outlets and on subscription, the magazine covers current developments, news, reviews and commentary on science and technology. It also prints speculative articles, ranging from the technical to the philosophical.
It also quotes an essay in Nature (not any study). Unfortunately, I don't currently have access to it, but the Editor's summary is:
EdNote said:
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v455/n7216/edsumm/e081023-03.html
A new Essay series starts this week, introduced in an Editorial, on the theme of what makes us human. How, in the two-and-a-half million years that separate us from stone-tool wielding hominids, have 'human' behaviours and attitudes emerged from pre-human behaviour patterns. In week one of the series, Pascal Boyer places religion in a context of the human neurocognitive systems that evolved to allow us to survive as social animals. Religious thinking of some type seems to be the path of least resistance for our cognitive systems; disbelief requires a conscious effort to counter our natural cognitive dispositions.
Which doesn't say the same thing as the article would lead you to believe.
One poll was performed by Pew (fair), however the other poll referenced in the NS article was done by Theos
Wikipedia said:
Theos is a think tank which believes you can't understand the modern world without understanding religion. We seek to inform the debate about the place of religion in society, challenging ill-informed thinking through our research, events and media comment.
"Doing God": A Future for Faith in the Public Square was published to coincide with the think tank's launch in 2006. Since then Theos has published thirteen major reports authored by theologians and social commentators, two major books and a number of other publications and research papers.
To make a long story short, "This shouldn’t come as a surprise, since we are born believers, not atheists, scientists say.", is an extremely skewed and biased version. It tries to use the position of being a scientist to imbue their opinion with greater authority than what was actually done. Nor is it really even accurate.
you encountered a normal 85% person in the population. A believer's viewpoint , my dictionary definitions have you guys spieling your brains out over theory, Im giggling with 5 of you guys trying to stump me.
And you wanna know what a normal 85% of the population looks like? check my ***, I'm rocking a way smarter setup then what im sure any of you guys have. Iono i represent the majority's thought, and I think I've came out ontop in every way possible. your avatars suck, your chars suck, your posts suck.
this here out of nowhere believer has you smoked by your own fantasy standards
step your game up if you gonna tango
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-21 05:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

tbh i smoke
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-21 06:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

*takes a look*

You know, the saddest part in all this is that this guy actually thinks he's smart and that he 'owned' you all. It just makes me so sad.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 19 20 21