America's Most Prominant Muslim Scholar On ISIS

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » America's Most Prominant Muslim Scholar on ISIS
America's Most Prominant Muslim Scholar on ISIS
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 19 20 21
 Asura.Triffle
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Triffle
By Asura.Triffle 2014-09-21 03:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dubai said: »
Asura.Triffle said: »
Just to correct you, Islam itself does not promote violence nor killing in any sort of way that the ISIS does. More in fact, what ISIS is doing is NOT religious in any sort of way.

And that's coming from a person who is a Muslim and who actually studies/studied the holy scripture.

Qu'ran (4:89) - "They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks."

Unless I'm reading things wrong, it says to not befriend anyone who is not a Muslim and to kill anyone who leaves Islam. Now I could be wrong, but if Islam didn't promote violence I'm pretty sure this passage and many like it wouldn't be part of the Qu'ran. Unless of course you're telling me Islam doesn't believe in every part of the Qu'ran and only cherry picks the peaceful parts out of it.

A true Muslim believer has to believe in EVERY word that the Quranic scripture says, similar to Christians and Jews to each respected holy text.

And I'm sorry to say but you misunderstood it wrong. May I ask from which Surah/Name of Chapter you took that quote from. So I can know from where you are quoting. Because seeing as how you are quoting things out of text, shows that you are the one who is Cherry picking texts. So I am asking to give me the name of the Surah/Name of Chapter.

Don't get me wrong, but this happens more time than you think, that's why I'm asking for you to give me the name of the chapter.

I'm curious how you've studied religious texts, but don't know how to find quotes by verse number... Also if Christians believed every word in their holy text and followed every word, then they would all be into slavery, murder and what not. People seem to forget that the punishment for disobeying pretty much any of the 10 commandments was death. If they really and truly believed in every word, every non-Christian should be stoned to death by now. If you don't believe in that, then you are cherry picking out of the supposedly perfect holy text and if you are cherry picking for only the parts that you think are good then that means the text is flawed and not perfect.
By Kooljack 2014-09-21 03:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
Kooljack said: »
Lets be real for a second. You're the one being the A hole here. all i said was that, I love that the scholar, who has more credibility then murders, is awesome for showing them(isis) up with documentation and joint credibility from his peers. yet your antagonizing the whole situation. yes you don't believe in religion and it has nothing on you and your life. great. but guess what the people fighting over there, both sides, have their life entwined with their religion. So it does matter, what the differences are between the radicals and the norms. So I'm siding with the guy over there that is most logically sound and siding with them. your just arguing me for the sake of spite.

That is what Jet does. Welcome to FFXIAH.com/Forum
Jetackuu said: »
Lets be real for a second. You're the one being the A hole here. all i said was that, I love that the scholar, who has more credibility then murders, is awesome for showing them(isis) up with documentation and joint credibility from his peers. yet your antagonizing the whole situation. yes you don't believe in religion and it has nothing on you and your life. great. but guess what the people fighting over there, both sides, have their life entwined with their religion. So it does matter, what the differences are between the radicals and the norms. So I'm siding with the guy over there that is most logically sound and siding with them. your just arguing me for the sake of spite.
Yet he doesn't have more credibility, his interpretation is just as equal as theirs, they both claim to be followers of Islam, yet only the radicals are the only ones following the text to the letter.

I'm not antagonizing anything, that conflict will continue until thee end of time or until one side is wiped out, with or without me.

I'm arguing because I'm sick and tired of religious apologists trying to say that the religion is free from blame, when it very much indeed is not, it's not entirely to blame as some would have it, but it plays a very key role in the situation.

The guy isn't logically sound at all, no person who utilizes blind faith for anything is a logically sound person, they can have logical moments, but they are not logical people.

Altimaomega said: »

That is what Jet does. Welcome to FFXIAH.com/Forum
again with being completely oblivious as to what goes on around you.

May i remind you that evolution has not been proven.... So believing in a higher power versus evolution can neither be logical either way because there is no sound scientific proof one way or the other. this is the fallacy in your logic. Just because someone is a believer in a higher power does NOT make them illogical. Your the weirdo for believing that creationists are illogical based on your evolutionists theory.

Your also a *** in the eyes of normal people for holding this belief. shut down robot. you need to rethink the whole premise on which you base logicality. Because until you can prove that we ARE without a hint of scientific doubt that we are all evolutionists then you can go back to holding the *** viewpoint without being the radical weirdo.

I will hail you for being a good writer of argument and things of persuasion however; you forte is not religion
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-09-21 03:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Microevolution and Macroevolution have both been observed with repeatable processes. So, you're wrong. Evolution, in both ways, has been proven to exist.
[+]
By Kooljack 2014-09-21 03:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Tickle tickle blue face woo woo, wha wha dumb dumb goo goo ga ga i think so.

has it really tho? Technically speaking scientifically im pretty sure their both still considered theory's. anyone else wanna chime in on this one?

micro..macro...reapeatable...process... u sound like you are guessing at something based off what you heard or something.. let me see some links
 Asura.Triffle
By Asura.Triffle 2014-09-21 03:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Evolution was proven. As Neil deGrasse Tyson so eloquently puts it, “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”

has it really tho? Technically speaking scientifically im pretty sure their both still considered theory's. anyone else wanna chime in on this one?

You also seem to be confused a bit. A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation.

A scientific law on the other hand is a statement based on repeated experimental observations that describes some aspect of the universe. A scientific law always applies under the same conditions, and implies that there is a causal relationship involving its elements.

As for seeing links, there is a wonderful thing called Google or your local library.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-09-21 03:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact that you use the word theory in such a way explains exactly why you're not qualified to be saying either here or there. The word you're confusing "theory" with is "hypothesis." A theory has evidence, a hypothesis does not. If your reasoning is "If it's true, then it should be a Scientific Law!", well, that just means you, again, don't understand scientific terminology.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-09-21 03:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry if the words are too big for you. It seems I've already given you enough terms to google, so I won't add to the burden.
[+]
By Kooljack 2014-09-21 03:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

ok w.e. on scientific theory, im not above admitting i screwed that one up. either way the word theory, is what i was after. and no evolution is not proven based on fint beaks because that's refuted by the variations in dogs. what else are you talking about as proof. let me see some real links
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-09-21 03:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to correct you, Islam itself does not promote violence nor killing in any sort of way that the ISIS does. More in fact, what ISIS is doing is NOT religious in any sort of way.

And that's coming from a person who is a Muslim and who actually studies/studied the holy scripture.

Qu'ran (4:89) - "They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks."

Unless I'm reading things wrong, it says to not befriend anyone who is not a Muslim and to kill anyone who leaves Islam. Now I could be wrong, but if Islam didn't promote violence I'm pretty sure this passage and many like it wouldn't be part of the Qu'ran. Unless of course you're telling me Islam doesn't believe in every part of the Qu'ran and only cherry picks the peaceful parts out of it.

All three of the Abrahamic religions have chapters like that. Religion is used as a form of societal control, it's how the central leader can get everyone else to do what they say without having to constantly dominate them all physically. To prevent people from abandoning you or questioning you, which could be very bad for you, you have to ensure there is a rule that says they can't. Over centuries the other two major religions came to understand that those parts were no longer necessary though some extremely elements took awhile. Islam is a bit tougher because while structurally the religion is no different then the others, it was spread by force and was adopted / interpreted to suite the needs of a conqueror. Modern day interpretations by the majority of the Muslim world are very extreme by contrast to the majority of the Christ / Jewish world. In time this may change as those Muslim nations stop using it as a method to control their own populations.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-09-21 03:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Evolution as a process through which biological diversity is created is as much a scientific fact as gravity or plate tectonics. The processes through which evolution is generated, most notably evolution through natural selection, are "theories" in the sense that they're extremely well-substantiated.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-21 03:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

micro..macro...reapeatable...process... u sound like you are guessing at something based off what you heard or something.. let me see some links
As we've had to point out previously to other people, what you consider a "theory", and what a "scientific theory" is, are two different things.
[+]
By Kooljack 2014-09-21 03:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

tikal and trifffal... lol you guys?))) where do you come up with these self preserving awesome aura's you give yourselfs >_>

Ok lets see you really want to start blabbering about how evolution has been proven.?? are you kidding me right now. you guys are the one that needs to learn how to google rofl
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-09-21 03:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

ok w.e. on scientific theory, im not above admitting i screwed that one up. either way the word theory, is what i was after. and no evolution is not proven based on fint beaks because that's refuted by the variations in dogs. what else are you talking about as proof. let me see some real links
Dogs are not speciated (See: Speciation). They can still breed, meaning they have not been divergent for long enough to where they cannot breed. An example of speciation is a horse and a donkey. They can mate, yes, but produce an offspring that is sterile because of how genetically dissimilar they are, despite the fact that they come from the same family. Dolphins and Killer Whales are, in fact, the same species and able to breed productively, as an opposite example.

Do yourself a favor and take an anthropology or biology class.
By Kooljack 2014-09-21 03:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »

As we've had to point out previously to other people, what you consider a "theory", and what a "scientific theory" is, are two different things.

Asura.Triffle
By Asura.Triffle 2014-09-21 03:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »

All three of the Abrahamic religions have chapters like that. Religion is used as a form of societal control, it's how the central leader can get everyone else to do what they say without having to constantly dominate them all physically. To prevent people from abandoning you or questioning you, which could be very bad for you, you have to ensure there is a rule that says they can't. Over centuries the other two major religions came to understand that those parts were no longer necessary though some extremely elements took awhile. Islam is a bit tougher because while structurally the religion is no different then the others, it was spread by force and was adopted / interpreted to suite the needs of a conqueror. Modern day interpretations by the majority of the Muslim world are very extreme by contrast to the majority of the Christ / Jewish world. In time this may change as those Muslim nations stop using it as a method to control their own populations.

If they are no longer necessary, that means the parts are discarded. If these texts are supposedly holy perfection and you start discarding parts of them, you are cherry picking. If you have to cherry pick from a perfect text, then the text is not perfect.
[+]
By Kooljack 2014-09-21 03:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

you cant even substantiate your claim with one link to anything
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-21 03:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

We'll just leave you with this.
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/search/topicbrowse2.php?topic_id=46
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-09-21 03:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

A true Muslim believer has to believe in EVERY word that the Quranic scripture says, similar to Christians and Jews to each respected holy text.

And I'm sorry to say but you misunderstood it wrong. May I ask from which Surah/Name of Chapter you took that quote from. So I can know from where you are quoting. Because seeing as how you are quoting things out of text, shows that you are the one who is Cherry picking texts. So I am asking to give me the name of the Surah/Name of Chapter.

Don't get me wrong, but this happens more time than you think, that's why I'm asking for you to give me the name of the chapter.

I'm curious how you've studied religious texts, but don't know how to find quotes by verse number... Also if Christians believed every word in their holy text and followed every word, then they would all be into slavery, murder and what not. People seem to forget that the punishment for disobeying pretty much any of the 10 commandments was death. If they really and truly believed in every word, every non-Christian should be stoned to death by now. If you don't believe in that, then you are cherry picking out of the supposedly perfect holy text and if you are cherry picking for only the parts that you think are good then that means the text is flawed and not perfect.

I'm asking you whats the name of the chapter since there are 114 chapter and I know you would not know from where you got it from, but prefer to quote out of text. This alone, proofs that you personally do not know what your talking about and choose to quote things out of the blue cause you read it somewhere and assumed it means something negative.

And the word "Christian" means following the commandment of Jesus. Jesus did not write the Holy Bible, his disciple did, saying that they are quoting from Jesus.

Lastly, my argument is not about the Holy Bible, my argument was straight forward to you quoting from the Qu'ran. So do not derail and get me the Name of the chapter.
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-21 03:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm asking you whats the name of the chapter since there are 114 chapter and I know you would not know from where you got it from, but prefer to quote out of text. This alone, proofs that you personally do not know what your talking about and choose to quote things out of the blue cause you read it somewhere and assumed it means something negative.

And the word "Christian" means following the commandment of Jesus. Jesus did not write the Holy Bible, his disciple did, saying that they are quoting from Jesus.

Lastly, my argument is not about the Holy Bible, my argument was straight forward to you quoting from the Qu'ran. So do not derail and get me the Name of the chapter.
Possibly Surat An-Nisā' (The Women) - سورة النساء ? (http://quran.com/4/89)
By Kooljack 2014-09-21 03:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Dogs are not speciated (See: Speciation). They can still breed, meaning they have not been divergent for long enough to where they cannot breed. An example of speciation is a horse and a donkey. They can mate, yes, but produce an offspring that is sterile because of how genetically dissimilar they are, despite the fact that they come from the same family. Dolphins and Killer Whales are, in fact, the same species and able to breed productively, as an opposite example.

Do yourself a favor and take an anthropology or biology class.

I'm fairly certain there is no confounding evidence that is crystal clear that evolution exists among the scientific community. everything about you're species examples have no meaning, because you need to have proof of it physically undeniably happening. these are all theories.

I provided the finch example to cut you off; If you actually research that topic it is quite controversial. so there is no proof. your mentioning with the other animals doesn't mean much. what else do you have as proof
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-09-21 03:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Possibly Surat An-Nisā' (The Women) - سورة النساء ? (http://quran.com/4/89)

It's not that chapter.

People need to keep in mind, "google" does not simply comply to religion, you can't just simply quote something and find it through google.
By Kooljack 2014-09-21 03:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

We'll just leave you with this.
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/search/topicbrowse2.php?topic_id=46

I clicked the link:

"The theory of evolution is broadly accepted by scientists — and for good reason! Learn about the diverse and numerous lines of evidence that support the theory of evolution."

LOL... keep in mind their using the word theory in the same manner i originally meant it.

AGAIN WHAT ELSE DO YOU HAVE TO SHOW ME
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-09-21 03:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh my god a living, breathing creationist. I've never actually encountered one. WHERE'S MY MASTER BALL I CAN'T RISK IT GETTING AWAY
[+]
 Asura.Triffle
By Asura.Triffle 2014-09-21 03:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Evolution can be seen easily in such things as mutations. For example, humans are not naturally able to drink milk. Lactose intolerance is actually how we used to be. Most humans would only drink milk in their youth and then wouldn't be able to drink it. Over centuries we became accustomed to drinking milk and eating milk products of other animals and thus over time lactose tolerance became a norm.

This is a small example of a step in evolution. We adapted to our surroundings. Some steps in evolution can take a long, long time while others much less so. Another small example of something that is happening fast is antibiotic resistance. Micro-organisms, in this case bacteria, evolved over time to be able to survive exposure to antibiotics. If they cannot evolve, they go extinct. Evolution is the process that lets a certain species survive in their current surroundings. This is what Darwin meant by survival of the fittest.

These are just small examples and they illustrate a part of evolution. You can research more on your own via Google or through books. However if you keep spouting nonsense without doing some research before hand, there isn't much else I can do apart from having confirmed that you are an imbecile. I'm going to head out now before my IQ takes a hit from debating with a wall.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-09-21 03:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You provided a fint example.

Here's a question: can you explain what/how/why your "fint" example works?

More, what is undeniable proof that evolution exists in your eyes? How would you know what crystal clear evidence even is, with your flagrant lack of comprehension of science, and evolutionary biology?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-09-21 03:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I clicked the link:

"The theory of evolution is broadly accepted by scientists — and for good reason! Learn about the diverse and numerous lines of evidence that support the theory of evolution."

LOL... keep in mind their using the word theory in the same manner i originally meant it.

AGAIN WHAT ELSE DO YOU HAVE TO SHOW ME
He read as far as the first link, you guys. What more do you want? The jig is up. No one's pulling the wool over this guy's eyes.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-09-21 03:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder: if we set him up to an electrode, and every time he used the term scientific theory incorrectly, it tased him, and every time he used it correctly, it gave him a cookie, would he ever stop getting zapped?
[+]
By Kooljack 2014-09-21 03:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Evolution can be seen easily in such things as mutations. For example, humans are not naturally able to drink milk. Lactose intolerance is actually how we used to be. Most humans would only drink milk in their youth and then wouldn't be able to drink it. Over centuries we became accustomed to drinking milk and eating milk products and thus over time lactose tolerance became a norm.

This is a small example of a step in evolution. We adapted to our surroundings. Some steps in evolution can take a long, long time while others much less so. Another small example of something that is happening fast is antibiotic resistance. Micro-organisms, in this case bacteria, evolved over time to be able to survive exposure to antibiotics.

These are just small examples and they illustrate a part of evolution. You can research more on your own via Google or through books. However if you keep spouting nonsense without doing some research before hand, there isn't much else I can do apart from having confirmed that you are an imbecile.

what the *** are you going on about this for, the first link shown states blatantly that it is still just a theory.

SHOW ME A LINK THAT IS SCIENTIFICALLY APPLAUDING EVOLUTION WITHOUT SAYING its still a THEORY. Cells and viruses adapt, that is not proof of evolution in the way you believe the world came to be
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-09-21 04:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If you stop believing in the theory of gravity, do you float away? Is that the rapture?
By Kooljack 2014-09-21 04:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
I wonder: if we set him up to an electrode, and every time he used the term scientific theory incorrectly, it tased him, and every time he used it correctly, it gave him a cookie, would he ever stop getting zapped?

RETARD listen. i admitted 'scientific-theory' was used wrong...

SENSE then however the term theory by itself does mean how I am now intending its use for. stop being stupid
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 19 20 21