America's Most Prominant Muslim Scholar On ISIS

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » America's Most Prominant Muslim Scholar on ISIS
America's Most Prominant Muslim Scholar on ISIS
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 19 20 21
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-09-21 04:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

In all scientific articulation, the word theory is assumed to mean scientific theory. Is it really that hard to comprehend?
By Kooljack 2014-09-21 04:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Kooljack said: »
I clicked the link:

"The theory of evolution is broadly accepted by scientists — and for good reason! Learn about the diverse and numerous lines of evidence that support the theory of evolution."

LOL... keep in mind their using the word theory in the same manner i originally meant it.

AGAIN WHAT ELSE DO YOU HAVE TO SHOW ME
He read as far as the first link, you guys. What more do you want? The jig is up. No one's pulling the wool over this guy's eyes.

AGAIN it is accepted by the community as a *** theory period. not a scientific theory. stop phantoming(yes its not a word i know, woooo.) in scientific every time you see me write theory now
By Kooljack 2014-09-21 04:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
In all scientific articulation, the word theory is assumed to mean scientific theory. Is it really that hard to comprehend?

fail
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-21 04:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You provided a fint example.

Here's a question: can you explain what/how/why your "fint" example works?

More, what is undeniable proof that evolution exists in your eyes? How would you know what crystal clear evidence even is, with your flagrant lack of comprehension of science, and evolutionary biology?
You forgot english.
Bismarck.Dubai said: »
Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Possibly Surat An-Nisā' (The Women) - سورة النساء ? (http://quran.com/4/89)

It's not that chapter.

People need to keep in mind, "google" does not simply comply to religion, you can't just simply quote something and find it through google.
The translated text at the link roughly approximates:
Quote:
Sahih International
They wish you would disbelieve as they disbelieved so you would be alike. So do not take from among them allies until they emigrate for the cause of Allah . But if they turn away, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them and take not from among them any ally or helper.
But I'm sure as hell not an expert.
 Asura.Triffle
Server: Asura
user: Triffle
By Asura.Triffle 2014-09-21 04:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Triffle said: »
Evolution can be seen easily in such things as mutations. For example, humans are not naturally able to drink milk. Lactose intolerance is actually how we used to be. Most humans would only drink milk in their youth and then wouldn't be able to drink it. Over centuries we became accustomed to drinking milk and eating milk products and thus over time lactose tolerance became a norm.

This is a small example of a step in evolution. We adapted to our surroundings. Some steps in evolution can take a long, long time while others much less so. Another small example of something that is happening fast is antibiotic resistance. Micro-organisms, in this case bacteria, evolved over time to be able to survive exposure to antibiotics.

These are just small examples and they illustrate a part of evolution. You can research more on your own via Google or through books. However if you keep spouting nonsense without doing some research before hand, there isn't much else I can do apart from having confirmed that you are an imbecile.

what the *** are you going on about this for, the first link shown states blatantly that it is still just a theory.

SHOW ME A LINK THAT IS SCIENTIFICALLY APPLAUDING EVOLUTION WITHOUT SAYING its still a THEORY. Cells and viruses adapt, that is not proof of evolution in the way you believe the world came to be

I'll do you one last kindness. If you can't grasp it after this, there is no helping you and there is really no point in me writing anymore on this thread.

This is the definition of a regular theory: An idea used to account for a situation or justify a course of action.

This is the definition of a scientific theory: A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation.

Please read both and if you can differentiate between the two, kudos to you, you've learned something. If not please return to night school and retake your English courses, because it seems you fail terribly at reading comprehension.

Here's the next tidbit. I found a quote someone wrote that is a nice definition of adaptation and evolution.

Adaptations are what individual organisms have, like longer beaks, darker fur, lighter skin, better oxygen carrying capacity, etc. Evolution is the change in a population over time. Many adaptations are necessary for evolution to work. That is, if the environment allows for longer beaks to be beneficial, those birds with the adaptations for longer beaks will have an easier time getting food for survival and will be more likely to pass their genes for long beaks to their offspring. After many generations of selection, all the birds will have longer beaks than the first set of birds and evolution will have occurred.
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-21 04:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I will hail you for being a good writer of argument and things of persuasion however; you forte is not religion
Oh, how I laughed.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-09-21 04:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

fail
A theory as opposed to what? What is larger than a theory in Science?
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-09-21 04:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

what the *** are you going on about this for, the first link shown states blatantly that it is still just a theory.

SHOW ME A LINK THAT IS SCIENTIFICALLY APPLAUDING EVOLUTION WITHOUT SAYING its still a THEORY. Cells and viruses adapt, that is not proof of evolution in the way you believe the world came to be

Tim Minchin
Quote:
“But evolution is only a theory!”, which is true, it is a theory, it’s good that they say that, I think, it gives you hope, doesn’t it, that - that maybe they feel the same way about the theory of gravity… and they might just float the *** away.

Oldie, but for Thor's sake it's all I can think of when people don't understand what theory means.
[+]
By Kooljack 2014-09-21 04:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Evolution can be seen easily in such things as mutations. For example, humans are not naturally able to drink milk. Lactose intolerance is actually how we used to be. Most humans would only drink milk in their youth and then wouldn't be able to drink it. Over centuries we became accustomed to drinking milk and eating milk products of other animals and thus over time lactose tolerance became a norm.

This is a small example of a step in evolution. We adapted to our surroundings. Some steps in evolution can take a long, long time while others much less so. Another small example of something that is happening fast is antibiotic resistance. Micro-organisms, in this case bacteria, evolved over time to be able to survive exposure to antibiotics. If they cannot evolve, they go extinct. Evolution is the process that lets a certain species survive in their current surroundings. This is what Darwin meant by survival of the fittest.

These are just small examples and they illustrate a part of evolution. You can research more on your own via Google or through books. However if you keep spouting nonsense without doing some research before hand, there isn't much else I can do apart from having confirmed that you are an imbecile. I'm going to head out now before my IQ takes a hit from debating with a wall.

what your seem to be referencing is,

"recombination and genetic drift are evolutionary mechanisms"

uhhhhuhhhhhh. there is so much controversy around this topic that its HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE of you to even try arguing it now
By Blazed1979 2014-09-21 04:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

She was talking about radicals who slaughtered millions of people as being evil and people on here posted that it is hate speech...

If there are 180-350 million radicals who are slaughtering people, the death toll would be in the billions. There is nowhere on earth at the moment that is suffering "tens of millions" of deaths let alone hundreds.
By Kooljack 2014-09-21 04:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »

Tim Minchin
Quote:
“But evolution is only a theory!”, which is true, it is a theory, it’s good that they say that, I think, it gives you hope, doesn’t it, that - that maybe they feel the same way about the theory of gravity… and they might just float the *** away.

Oldie, but for Thor's sake it's all I can think of when people don't understand what theory means.

YOU GUYS LOL

Full Definition of THEORY

: the analysis of a set of facts in their relation to one another
: abstract thought : speculation
: the general or abstract principles of a body of fact, a science, or an art <music theory>
a : a belief, policy, or procedure proposed or followed as the basis of action <her method is based on the theory that all children want to learn>
b : an ideal or hypothetical set of facts, principles, or circumstances —often used in the phrase in theory <in theory, we have always advocated freedom for all>
: a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena <the wave theory of light>
a : a hypothesis assumed for the sake of argument or investigation

how HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE do you guys want me to make you look
 Asura.Triffle
user: Triffle
By Asura.Triffle 2014-09-21 04:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Evolution can be seen easily in such things as mutations. For example, humans are not naturally able to drink milk. Lactose intolerance is actually how we used to be. Most humans would only drink milk in their youth and then wouldn't be able to drink it. Over centuries we became accustomed to drinking milk and eating milk products of other animals and thus over time lactose tolerance became a norm.

This is a small example of a step in evolution. We adapted to our surroundings. Some steps in evolution can take a long, long time while others much less so. Another small example of something that is happening fast is antibiotic resistance. Micro-organisms, in this case bacteria, evolved over time to be able to survive exposure to antibiotics. If they cannot evolve, they go extinct. Evolution is the process that lets a certain species survive in their current surroundings. This is what Darwin meant by survival of the fittest.

These are just small examples and they illustrate a part of evolution. You can research more on your own via Google or through books. However if you keep spouting nonsense without doing some research before hand, there isn't much else I can do apart from having confirmed that you are an imbecile. I'm going to head out now before my IQ takes a hit from debating with a wall.

uhhhhuhhhhhh. there is so much controversy around this topic that its HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE of you to even try arguing it now

Okay, so I guess there is no point in going anymore. This will be my last post on this thread. I just want to add one more thing. Drax the Destroyer definitely got it right.

Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-21 04:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Tim Minchin
Quote:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-09-21 04:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

There isn't controversy is the great irony. There is speculation as to the specific processes, but there is no doubt that evolution is a process that occurs in nature.

There are, however, people like yourself who fail to understand the most base of scientific concepts, latch on to words like theory, and then parade them around like a badge of honor. All it takes is ONE piece of data that contradicts evolution and it falls apart. Better men than you have tried and failed.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-09-21 04:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Tim Minchin
Quote:

YOU GUYS LOL

Full Definition of THEORY

: the analysis of a set of facts in their relation to one another
: abstract thought : speculation
: the general or abstract principles of a body of fact, a science, or an art <music theory>
a : a belief, policy, or procedure proposed or followed as the basis of action <her method is based on the theory that all children want to learn>
b : an ideal or hypothetical set of facts, principles, or circumstances —often used in the phrase in theory <in theory, we have always advocated freedom for all>
: a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena <the wave theory of light>
a : a hypothesis assumed for the sake of argument or investigation

how HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE do you guys want me to make you look, trying to argue this

Oh dear.

Is this really Altima?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-09-21 04:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Um, those aren't mutually exclusive ideas.
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-21 04:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

how HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE do you guys want me to make you look, trying to argue this
I'll take #5 for 1000, Alex! You know, the one you didn't seem to read.

But please, feel free to make us look more HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. It's working.
By Kooljack 2014-09-21 04:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The word theory, by definition used with no relation to scientific theory does by definition state, "an assumed hypothesis assumed for sake of argument."

suck on that

Tingle, tranfflee, pluuuple; what kind crap you guys are contorted by? i feel bad for you.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-09-21 04:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Pluuple, that's your new name Pleebs. And I guess I'm Tingle?
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-21 04:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The word theory, by definition used with no relation to scientific theory does by definition state, "an assumed hypothesis assumed for sake of argument."

suck on that

Tingle, tranfflee, pluuuple; what kind crap you guys are contorted by? i feel bad for you.
Sanity. Education. Literacy.
[+]
By Kooljack 2014-09-21 04:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

But please, feel free to make us look more HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. It's working.

I just owned your *** with a quote out of the dictionary; try not to be so stupid next time ok

Edit:: and i owned ur *** with your own link; im pretty sure you're viewed like a giant rock head now just like you're avatar ROFL
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-21 04:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Listen to Bender and Tikal and the likes, or listen to the source.

Quote:
Sheikh Hamza Yusuf
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Not to be confused with Humza Yousaf.

Born Mark Hanson
1960 (age 53–54)[1]
Walla Walla, Washington, United States
Residence Northern California, United States
Alma mater San Jose State University[2][3][4]
Occupation Public speaker, spiritual preacher, educator, author
Religion Islam[5]

Hamza Yusuf is an American Muslim preacher, public speaker, educator, and author,[5] and is co-founder of Zaytuna College.[6][7] He is a proponent of classical learning in Islam and has promoted Islamic sciences and classical teaching methodologies throughout the world.[8]

He is an advisor to the Center for Islamic Studies at the Graduate Theological Union in Berkeley (not at the University of California, Berkeley).[9] He also serves as a member of the board of advisors of George Russell's One Nation, a national philanthropic initiative that promotes pluralism and inclusion in America. In addition, he serves as vice-president for the Global Center for Guidance and Renewal, which was founded and is currently presided over by Abdallah bin Bayyah.[10][11]

He is one of the signatories[12] of A Common Word Between Us and You, an open letter by Islamic scholars to Christian leaders, calling for peace and understanding. The Guardian newspaper in the United Kingdom reported that "Hamza Yusuf is arguably the west's most influential Islamic scholar.

Yusuf was born as Mark Hanson to two academics[13] in Washington State and raised in Northern California.[6] He grew up a practicing Greek Orthodox Christian and attended prep schools on both the east and west coasts. In 1977, after a near-death experience and reading the Qur'an, he converted to Islam from Christianity[6] (he seemed destined for the Greek Orthodox priesthood at his early age)

Soon after converting, Yusuf moved to England, Spain, and eventually Al Ain in the United Arab Emirates to pursue the study of Islam.[15] There he primarily studied Arabic and also served as a muezzin of a local mosque. There he was introduced to Mauritanian scholars and began the study of various Islamic disciplines including Maliki fiqh. This eventually led him to travel to Mauritania itself in order to study directly with the scholar, Sidi Muhammad ould Fahfu al-Massumi, also known as Murabit al-Hajj.[16] During his intermittent stays there, Yusuf both lived and studied directly with Murabit al-Hajj.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-09-21 04:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

IF WE EVOLVD FROM MONEKYS Y R THERE STIL MONKYES
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-09-21 04:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

My housemate used that line on me. Goose! You remember him. I about punched him in the throat.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-09-21 04:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I just owned your *** with a quote out of the dictionary; try not to be so stupid next time ok

[+]
By Kooljack 2014-09-21 04:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

ya more hashtag pics instead of real sustenance. sucks when you get owned by dictionary meanings. stop contorting that i mean the scientific theory.

you guys are too easy, specially with your aura's you give yourselfs with your avatars, damn. i could pound on you guys all day

we got mole head poppin in for duh nuts, watch out
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-09-21 04:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-09-21 04:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

ya more hashtag pics instead of real sustenance. sucks when you get owned by dictionary meanings. stop contorting that i mean the scientific theory.

you guys are too easy, specially with your aura's you give yourselfs with your avatars, damn. i could pound on you guys all day

we got mole head poppin in for duh nuts, watch out
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-21 04:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

People are bitching about misinterpreting "holy" texts, that's a classic. You all seem to be confused that if you read something that is not written by you, you are interpreting it. No one in this day and age, scholar or regular average Joe who reads them can know what the writers were trying to mean or say.

I'm curious as to how you guys would interpret a passage from the Qu'ran and from the Bible.

Qu'ran (4:89) - "They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks."

Deuteronomy (2:32-34) - "Then Sihon came out against us, he and all his people, unto battle at Jahaz. And Jehovah our God delivered him up before us; and we smote him, and his sons, and all his people. And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed every inhabited city, with the women and the little ones; we left none remaining."

I personally find both these little passages to be quite evil and to me it seems like both are something that the legions of Mordor would follow if Sauron ever wrote a book. A lot more like these where they come from too. So again, what are your interpretations?

The verse you quoted is dealing with a specific incident where the muslims had a treaty with the polythiests. They broke the treaty.

Now I don't know why you single this verse out, but even in modern times if you have a treaty with a country, and they break and then attack you, you retaliate.

You see Islam doesn't shy away from using violence when violence is necessary. It reserves it as entirely accepted as a last resort. The religion wasn't sent to Angels who do not dispute with each other and some imaginary rainbow bright land. It dictates the terms of war. Having said that, it overwhelmingly is a message of peace. You took one verse out of a 500+ page book that dealt with a specific incident and want it to be the overall tone of the book when it is in fact a specific exception where God is telling the prophet how he should deal with those who broke their treaty and are now bent on killing them.

That is how something can be taken out of context and misinterpreted.

So again, perhaps you should read more of the Quran and look into history before cherry picking verses out of context and passing it on as definitive proof.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-09-21 04:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

How exactly did you own someone when what you quoted validates what we've been saying?
Re-read number 5 if you can't remember
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 19 20 21