9 Year Old Girl Kills Gun Range Instructor

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » 9 year old girl kills gun range instructor
9 year old girl kills gun range instructor
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 11 12 13
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-08-27 14:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Terrible joke.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-27 14:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
No, it's a false equivalence because a nuclear device isn't comparable to a regular bomb.

But considering of those who are allowed to use them, let's just say sure.

They year 3014: 9 year old blows up earth by misfiring a nuclear bomb.

But an automatic weapon is the same as a bolt-action rifle? Richard J. Gatling would handily disagree with you.

Anyway as much as I want to stick with my "The Jews are responsible." stance, I actually think the only person at fault here is the range instructor. You can backpedal as much as you want, but at the end of the day he was responsible for conduct and safety on his range, and he was(Or a portion of him was) in front of the shooter on a live range.

It's on him and nobody else.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-27 14:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The reasoning is lost on you.

I'm not the one backpedaling here, but nice strawman senior.

again: accidents happen.

as for where he was standing: it was to help her stance, he probably should have been about 6 inches further back though, ***happens.
By fonewear 2014-08-27 14:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

He could have just refused to show her how to shoot an Uzi. He must have thought she could handle it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-27 14:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Nine Pages!!!!!
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-27 14:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Nine Pages!!!!!

Am I a gun expert yet or is that page 10 ?
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-27 14:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The reasoning is lost on you.

I'm not the one backpedaling here, but nice strawman senior.

again: accidents happen.

I actually didn't mean to imply you were backpedaling. After the Gatling reference it's my own conclusion outside of ongoing discussions.

And it's not strawman, it's creative embellishment!
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-27 14:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

We need a gun expert here we go:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-27 14:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
Know what that problem is? The borderline ignorance and arrogance of the gun culture in the United States. It's ignorance to place a loaded Uzi set to full auto in the hands of a small child. It's arrogance to think that the stupidity of the instructor as well as the girl's parents in allowing that to happen is somehow a good idea.

Not to be picky, but it's pretty arrogant to think you can eliminate ignorance within the human condition. Seriously where do you get that this is rational? I mean it looks like you use tobacco products, are you ignorant of their potential hazards? It's pretty arrogant if you think you can use them without risk. Lets just take them away from you.

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
One more thing should happen. Namely, the girl's parents should lose custody of her. She should be made a ward of the state and placed in a home with a more responsible upbringing.

The poor girl has just had her young life turned upside down by an accident outside of her control. Now you want to screw up her life more?
Her parents already jolly well screwed up her life by mentally scarring her forever. Why give them more chances to compound it further than they already have?

Also do you really think foster parents love kids more than their real parents?
 Bismarck.Leneth
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2014-08-27 14:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Terrible joke.
If this is directed at me, yes it is a terrible joke. But it's an old one. This argumentation line was used at other occasions by NRA. Starting training earlier and arming caretakers of children. This argumentation has been a terrible joke for years for the relatives of victims.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-27 14:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll agree on the part of if they wanted her to shoot a rapid fire weapon, it probably should have been mounted, mostly due to her size.

But every gun carries with it the possibility of death (bullet). It's a lot of force in a tool.
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-08-27 14:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Leneth said: »
To answer the question: weapons don't belong in the hands of kids.

Responses by NRA:
-the girl's training shoukd have started earlier at the age of 5 so she is well trained at 9
-the killing of the man could have been prevented if the parents had pointed their guns at the daughter in case she messes up

(Probably)
I can't say that I agree. Children should certainly be taught to safely use a projectile weapon, in the same manner that they should be safely taught how to use knives and tools, and how to practice chemistry. Doing these things is both useful, and somewhat immunizes them to the fearmongering surrounding these topics.

But there is safe and responsible teaching, and then there is simple jackassishness. This is a case of the latter, and certainly not of the former.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-27 14:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

There was nothing "jackassishness" about what happened...
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-27 14:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are the parents at fault? The instructor decides who can use what.
By fonewear 2014-08-27 14:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Look at how irresponsible this guy is !!

YouTube Video Placeholder

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-08-27 14:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Why are the parents at fault? The instructor decides who can use what.

I'm guessing that was one of the parents filming the incident. If they were even the least bit responsible with guns themselves, they would have known that a nine-year-old wouldn't be able to handle that.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-27 14:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Know what that problem is? The borderline ignorance and arrogance of the gun culture in the United States. It's ignorance to place a loaded Uzi set to full auto in the hands of a small child. It's arrogance to think that the stupidity of the instructor as well as the girl's parents in allowing that to happen is somehow a good idea.

Not to be picky, but it's pretty arrogant to think you can eliminate ignorance within the human condition. Seriously where do you get that this is rational? I mean it looks like you use tobacco products, are you ignorant of their potential hazards? It's pretty arrogant if you think you can use them without risk. Lets just take them away from you.

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
One more thing should happen. Namely, the girl's parents should lose custody of her. She should be made a ward of the state and placed in a home with a more responsible upbringing.

The poor girl has just had her young life turned upside down by an accident outside of her control. Now you want to screw up her life more?
Her parents already jolly well screwed up her life by mentally scarring her forever. Why give them more chances to compound it further than they already have?

Also do you really think foster parents love kids more than their real parents?

While I resent the belief that foster parents cannot be every bit as loving as birth parents -- more so in many cases, hence the reason the children need foster parents -- this really isn't a situation to screw up the poor kid more by taking the parents' custody away.

They entrusted their child with someone who was purported to be a trained professional in firearm handling.

Sadly, he was not as knowledgeable as he should have been.

End of story as far as the public is concerned.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-27 14:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Nikia said: »
I'll agree on the part of if they wanted her to shoot a rapid fire weapon, it probably should have been mounted, mostly due to her size.

But every gun carries with it the possibility of death (bullet). It's a lot of force in a tool.

So does a hammer, nail-gun, chain saw, drill.
Those are made to fit a purpose and if in the wrong hands can be deadly.
Yes I know a gun has a single purpose but people think bullets magically fire or triggers just pull themselves.
Guns are extremely safe, even a chambered one, it isnt the firearm that is unsafe it is the people around it.

I'm not going to argue with you over it, as you missed the point of my statement, and am pretty sure we agree, so it's a semantics argument, and well I don't have the energy right now for that.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-27 14:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

He's supposed to know better than them. If he doesn't...well, he shouldn't be there then should he?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-27 14:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

more emotional nonsense, yay!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-27 14:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing emotional there, don't be dense.
By fonewear 2014-08-27 14:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

more emotional nonsense, yay!

Emotional nonsense makes the world go round !
 Bismarck.Leneth
By Bismarck.Leneth 2014-08-27 14:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
To answer the question: weapons don't belong in the hands of kids.

Responses by NRA:
-the girl's training shoukd have started earlier at the age of 5 so she is well trained at 9
-the killing of the man could have been prevented if the parents had pointed their guns at the daughter in case she messes up

(Probably)
I can't say that I agree. Children should certainly be taught to safely use a projectile weapon, in the same manner that they should be safely taught how to use knives and tools, and how to practice chemistry. Doing these things is both useful, and somewhat immunizes them to the fearmongering surrounding these topics.

But there is safe and responsible teaching, and then there is simple jackassishness. This is a case of the latter, and certainly not of the former.
You don't have to agree. If you think your child has to learn it I just hope nothing goes wrong during the process.

I Like shooting, learned it at the army when every man had to serve for a while.
But I will still never let a child put their hands on a gun.
There is no reason not to wait till they are adults.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-08-27 14:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't want America to toughen it's law with guns, the more rednecks killed the better the world becomes.

Thankfully, American never learns.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-27 14:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Nothing emotional there, don't be dense.
There's a lot of emotional arguments there, not rational ones.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-08-27 14:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Terrible joke.
If this is directed at me, yes it is a terrible joke. But it's an old one. This argumentation line was used at other occasions by NRA. Starting training earlier and arming caretakers of children. This argumentation has been a terrible joke for years for the relatives of victims.
It was not directed at you... it was directed at King's planet of the apes reference...
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 11 12 13