9 Year Old Girl Kills Gun Range Instructor

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » 9 year old girl kills gun range instructor
9 year old girl kills gun range instructor
First Page 2 ... 11 12 13

| Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-27 08:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

That's just stupid... the gun weighs more than a 9 y/o girl. (obviously an exaggeration).

In this one case, he deserved to die. That's *** stupid. I know people do dumb ***but come on.

One less dumbfuck. I won't take any other stance pro or con, cause I don't care ether way, I say let all humans carry, so they'll all kill each other off and reduce the population.
[+]
 Leviathan.Mckeag
Server: Leviathan
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2014-08-27 08:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't there age limits at shooting ranges regardless if guardian is present or not.
By volkom 2014-08-27 08:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

She was firing the weapon in semi automatic fine before they decided to go full auto~

Quote:
Do children and guns mix well? Should children be kept away from all firearms until age 18? Would you allow your underaged child to touch a weapon of any variety?
I think if a household is to have guns in the house then the children should know about gun safety. As to allow an underaged child to touch a weapon of 'any' variety....almost everything can be considered a weapon. /shrug
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By volkom 2014-08-27 08:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
Leviathan.Mckeag said: »
Isn't there age limits at shooting ranges regardless if guardian is present or not.
In Bullets and Burgers' case, the stated age limit on their website is as follows:
"Any child between 8 and 17 can fire a weapon as long as a parent or guardian is present". The girl's parents stood by, watching the whole shitstorm unfold. Their daughter nailed Vacca with a headshot while he stood right beside her. Now, he's dead and the girl is pretty much scarred for life in terms of her mental health.

theres the problem. should've stood behind her
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-08-27 09:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I read about this earlier this morning, and I can't understand why any parent would think letting their 9 year old kid play with a sub-machine gun would be a good idea, instructor or no.

I feel bad for the girl, because now she has to grow up knowing she killed someone.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-27 09:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Prepping for zombie apocalypse.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-27 09:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
In this one case, he deserved to die.
Why?

It was obviously an accident and the instructor was trying to teach the girl about gun safety.

Her parents are partly to blame also, because not only did they allow her to shoot the gun in the first place, but allowed her to shoot an Uzi, which is a gun with considerable kick to it. Obviously too much for her to handle.

There is a possibility that the gun was never intended to be used, and the instructor was showing her different guns and their features. In that case, it was the instructors fault for not making sure the gun was unloaded and the safety was on before handing her the gun.

Too many variables, most of which we will never know.

But nobody deserved to die. It was an accident, plain and simple.
[+]
 Leviathan.Jackieolivas
Server: Leviathan
user: Rahziela
By Leviathan.Jackieolivas 2014-08-27 09:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The age minimum is actually 5 in a lot of places. However, weapons requiring a Class III license (fully automatic) are locked to 18 I believe, depending of course on location.

Tragic as it may be, this guy was in the wrong. I can't say he deserved what he got, but it certainly was somewhat karmic for him to get it like that. Kind of a twist of the knife that I'm saying that since I am a marksmanship instructor and firearms enthusiast.
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-08-27 09:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
In Bullets and Burgers' case, the stated age limit on their website is as follows:
"Any child between 8 and 17 can fire a weapon as long as a parent or guardian is present". The girl's parents stood by, watching the whole shitstorm unfold. Their daughter nailed Vacca with a headshot while he stood right beside her. Now, he's dead and the girl is pretty much scarred for life in terms of her mental health.

theres the problem. should've stood behind her

Doesn't really matter where he was standing - the problem is, a 9 year old kid who hasn't handled a weapon like that before has no sense of how great the recoil will be. Once the gun starts firing and they lose control of it, the shots could go in any direction.

The article I read this morning mentioned that there was a similar accident back in 2008 where an 8 year old boy was firing an Uzi at a gun expo in Massachusetts, and the recoil caused the gun to tilt backward and fatally shoot the kid in the head.
By volkom 2014-08-27 09:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It was probably one of the scenarios where she was firing the gun and the family and the instructor were just trying to have a fun/safe time at the range. The child was doing well firing the weapon and the guy probably thought it would be cool to show her what else it does. It just ended tragically though.

I'm willing to bet that a lot of gun ranges have allowed children in the past to fire fully automatic weapons
[+]
 Bahamut.Ascadia
Server: Bahamut
user: Ascadia
By Bahamut.Ascadia 2014-08-27 09:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Tonight on Fox News, a child brutally murders her firearms instructor. Could this have been prevented had her parents not allowed her to play Battleduty 4: Call of Halo? More at eleven.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2014-08-27 09:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ascadia said: »
Tonight on Fox News, a child brutally murders her firearms instructor. Could this have been prevented had her parents not allowed her to play Battleduty 4: Call of Halo? More at eleven.

[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-08-27 09:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Do children and guns mix well?

It's like everything else you teach your children. Be careful with the knives. Don't run with scissors. Keep the blades down when walking and don't pass them blade first to another person.

Children have been using guns since they were first created. They are able to learn gun safety, the responsiblity is on the parents/guardians to teach it.

Quote:
Should children be kept away from all firearms until age 18?
No.

Quote:
Would you allow your underaged child to touch a weapon of any variety?
Yes. Long bows, crossbows, and guns are in my daughters future when we feel she is ready.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-27 09:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

No one accidentally put the *** MACHINE GUN (Uzi) in the CHILDS hands.

He knew what he was doing, it was an incredibly stupid thing to do. And stupid people ALWAYS deserve to die. Really have an intolerance for blatant stupidity. (Not being unintelligent, or ignorance.)
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
Server: Cerberus
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-08-27 09:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Instructors fault or bad policy for range. Tragic event, but nothing "must be done!" here. Shooting guns at 9 are fine but common sense approach should be used. IE perhaps full auto a caliber of gun should be considered by the range after looking at who is shooting the weapon. For example , it also might not be wise to let an 80 lbs 75 year old lady who has never shot a gun shoot a 12 gauge shotgun (she could damage her shoulder?).
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-27 09:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

No one accidentally put the *** MACHINE GUN (Uzi) in the CHILDS hands.

He knew what he was doing, it was an incredibly stupid thing to do. And stupid people ALWAYS deserve to die. Really have an intolerance for blatant stupidity. (Not being unintelligent, or ignorance.)

I blame patriarchy.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2014-08-27 09:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I blame the Democrats also. They did this !

Can't blame the girl. Can't blame the instructor so next logical step is Democrats.
 Bahamut.Shirai
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2014-08-27 09:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone is to blame, it's the shooting range.
Aside from my personal opinion that a 9 year old should not even touch a firearm, if they permit children that young to practice shooting under parental supervision, considering the recoil of such weapons is usually too much for a child that size (and usually weight) to handle, the gun should have been securely mounted to something.

Especially if you let a kid play with a *** Uzi.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-27 09:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Nominee for the 2014 Darwin awards: Charles Vacca of Arizona, who will be accepting his award posthumously.

Reads like a redundant statement, since you can't not accept a Darwin Award posthumously.

Anyway, silver lining in all this is the girl has a solid K:D at the tender age of 9, and a headshot medal. That's like +50 points extra.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-27 09:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ascadia said: »

Amusing, but really not the path this story is likely to take. :p

Quote:
Spoonfed discussion:
Do children and guns mix well? Should children be kept away from all firearms until age 18? Would you allow your underaged child to touch a weapon of any variety?

I've been handling firearms since I was seven, starting with BB guns, and was always taught to treat any firearm, real, non-lethal, or fake as a real, loaded weapon. I was taught how to store, support, clean, and carry a firearm safely before I ever fired a live round of ammunition.

It's a matter of following proper education, safety, and procedure. In this case it was not done and the consquences are tragic for both the instructor and the girl.

That said, I also see little sense in giving a fully automatic -- or even semi-automatic -- firearm of any stripe to a child. Especially one designed solely as an assault weapon.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-27 09:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Shirai said: »
If anyone is to blame, it's the shooting range.
Aside from my personal opinion that a 9 year old should not even touch a firearm, if they permit children that young to practice shooting under parental supervision, considering the recoil of such weapons is usually too much for a child that size (and usually weight) to handle, the gun should have been securely mounted to something.

Especially if you let a kid play with a *** Uzi.

NRA is somehow responsible for this right ?

NRA has murdered more people than George W Bush.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-27 09:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Children should be brought up on Muzzle-loaded firearms first. Because Mel Gibson had that movie once where he tomahawked the *** out of a bunch of Redcoats.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 ... 11 12 13