9 Year Old Girl Kills Gun Range Instructor

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » 9 year old girl kills gun range instructor
9 year old girl kills gun range instructor
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-28 10:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I would've preferred you let one of the Benders say kill all humans...

But yes, absolutely, can we, please? No seriously. I'll push the button...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-28 10:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
I would've preferred you let one of the Benders say kill all humans...

But yes, absolutely, can we, please? No seriously. I'll push the button...
Because not everyone is as sadistic as you are?

If you hate the world, there is a 9 mm solution for you. Why don't you leave the rest of the world to those who wishes to stay here?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-28 10:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If you kill yourself, you become a civil servant in the afterlife. A terrifying fate. (If you believe in that sorta thing). Scary enough thought though, if you wanted to get away from all humans, to be stuck with them forever in eternity. That'd be much worse.

But if you kill them all, problem solved~
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-28 10:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If you kill yourself, you become a civil servant in the afterlife. A terrifying fate. (If you believe in that sorta thing). Scary enough thought though, if you wanted to get away from all humans, to be stuck with them forever in eternity. That'd be much worse.

So, you rather kill everyone because you dislike life and people instead of removing yourself from the equation?

I seriously hope that you are:

A) not serious or

B) if serious, never in a position in power.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-08-28 10:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
Or... if you're ultra adventurous... visit Atlantic Canada.
I was in Ontario a few weeks back. Got me sick -.-
That's hardly Atlantic Canada.

Blood, I associate Atlantic Canada with Newfies, storms, and clubbing baby seals.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-28 10:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have the ambition to be in a position of power. People are stupid enough to brainwash if I ever gained such ambition though. I mean look at the people we have in charge of the whitehouse. You tell americans what they want to hear and they will let you lead the hoard.

But you're safe.

LOL bitmusic, you entertain so. It's literally impossible to Gm someone exping. Fishing, sure. nothing in the terms of service say I need reply to a GM that tells me while I exp. (no admission here btw). I've always been on quetz, I just never registered.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-28 10:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
Or... if you're ultra adventurous... visit Atlantic Canada.
I was in Ontario a few weeks back. Got me sick -.-
That's hardly Atlantic Canada.

Blood, I associate Atlantic Canada with Newfies, storms, and clubbing baby seals.
Correct, still Canada though.
By fonewear 2014-08-28 10:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-08-28 11:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 12:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

[whisper]Except one.[/whisper]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2014-08-28 12:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
[whisper]Except one.[/whisper]

OH MY GOD IT'S HAPPENING
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 13:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

That is also an acceptable interpretation ^.^
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-28 17:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
As news spread that a 9-year-old New Jersey girl was involved in an Arizona gun range accident that killed a firearms instructor Dan Roberts’s phone started ringing.

“Everybody thought it was her,” says Roberts whose 9-year-old daughter Shyanne is a well known competitive shooter and gun rights advocate.

Last year Shyanne placed second in a statewide shooting competition helping her gather sponsors and giving her a platform to weigh in on New Jersey gun control legislation.

In March she testified before a committee in opposition to the bill reducing magazine limits from 15 to 10 rounds which Governor Chris Christie ultimately vetoed.

Shyanne and Dan Roberts say they were not in Arizona this week and not involved in the gun range accident but they were willing to weigh in on the topic Wednesday night.

“It’s a tragedy it really is, but it’s not in any way in my opinion an indictment on firearms in general, on children with firearms,” says Dan Roberts.

He pointed out several mistakes he thinks the victim made including where he stood.

Shyanne who is well versed in the use of pistols, shotguns and rifles says she’s never shot a fully automatic submachine gun like the Uzi that was fired in the Arizona accident, but she’s always wanted to try.

She and her dad had a talk after seeing the video and while she’s saddened by what happened it doesn’t scare her or make her change her goals.

“I’d like to get a national title and be a role model to kids,” says Shyanne who turns 10 on Thursday and can’t wait to get a New Jersey hunting license.
Source
 Asura.Emoneaone
user: Oldsarge
By Asura.Emoneaone 2014-08-28 18:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely a tragedy, but brought on by lack of training of the child by the instructor. She should have, after firing single shots, had a magazine with perhaps three rounds in it, so she could learn the recoil.

I was taught gun safety and marksmanship when I was 6, by my father.

I take my 7 year old grandson shooting often. He uses an Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22. This is a .22 caliber rifle that looks like an AR-15. It is of course semi-automatic rather than selective fire. I'd trust him to use a selective fire weapon AFTER proper training as I described above.

There is nothing wrong with teaching children about firearms, in fact it reduces the "Johnny shot his sister" accidents you hear about. If they know what a firearm is all about and know the 4 rules they're less likely to have an accidental discharge ending in tragedy.

1. All guns are always loaded.
2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13