9 Year Old Girl Kills Gun Range Instructor

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » 9 year old girl kills gun range instructor
9 year old girl kills gun range instructor
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-08-27 15:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
/sigh

It was a joke sir. (and it's in bold)

As for the ignorance part: I wasn't talking specifically about this case, but in general. Accidents happen that aren't caused by ignorance, that's a fact.
that's fair, and I can admit I was a bit harsh in reacting.

the latter is true to a point, though the vast majority of accidents, are well within someone's control, and are invariably caused by someone's ignorance.

Is the ignorance always caused by the victim? Usually not. Accidents that happen outside the victim's control do happen, but keep in mind, over 90% of all accidents that do occur, are in some way, shape or form, related to ignorance and/or negligence (in the varied definition of the term)
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-27 15:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Could always send them all to the Vatican.
We are trying to help them, not brainwash them!
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-08-27 15:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Could always send them all to the Vatican.
"this one time... at Catholic Church camp... the priest didn't molest me"
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-27 15:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still confused as to why people think having kids fire and learn about guns is a good idea.

That's some 3rd world mindset right there. Who are we at war with? Oh right ourselves.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-08-27 15:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

America has always been at war with itself.

"War on Diabeetus"

"War on Obesity"

name anything, and America is at war with it.

Figuratively speaking of course.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-08-27 15:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Learning about guns, and gun safety, is actually a responsible thing to do, should you keep or store guns anywhere on your property. Teaching them to respect the weight (both mentally and physically) of the tool, should come with anything they show an interest in.

I do believe (emotional chatter) that some very serious discretion and caution be used when teaching a child to fire a gun. Teaching responsibility to the next generation.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-08-27 16:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

There's something like 300,000,000 legal guns in circulation in the United States. Having people comfortable and knowledgable about them is a good idea.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-27 16:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
I'm still confused as to why people think having kids fire and learn about guns is a good idea.

That's some 3rd world mindset right there. Who are we at war with? Oh right ourselves.
They should just use flamethrowers instead::

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-27 16:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
There's something like 300,000,000 legal guns in circulation in the United States. Having people comfortable and knowledgable about them is a good idea.
I would say somewhere around 12-14 would be a more appropriate age to be introduced to being around them if necessary.

Going out to AZ to fire an Uzi at age 9 on a vacation gives the wrong impression to the child.

I remember in boy scouts you had to read about knives and take a test before you could even be allowed to hold one. That was somewhere around age 12 I believe.

BB guns were age 13 and in a very strict manner with protocols that had to be followed at all times with people monitoring everyone.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-08-27 16:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say somewhere around 12-14 would be a more appropriate age to be introduced to being around them if necessary.

Going out to AZ to fire an Uzi at age 9 on a vacation gives the wrong impression to the child.

I remember in boy scouts you had to read about knives and take a test before you could even be allowed to hold one. That was somewhere around age 12 I believe.

BB guns were age 13 and in a very strict manner with protocols that had to be followed at all times with people monitoring everyone.
I took that knife test for the multi-purpose pocket knife when I was 6 years old.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-27 16:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of pansy *** troup were you in where you needed to take a test for a knife? ***we were whittling ***years before that. Got to use my BB gun whenever I wanted, yeah we had to wear safety goggles, but whenever I wanted, supervision or no.

Although I believe technically there were municipal laws against firing it in town, never got caught.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-27 16:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of pansy *** troup were you in where you needed to take a test for a knife? ***we were whittling ***years before that. Got to use my BB gun whenever I wanted, yeah we had to wear safety goggles, but whenever I wanted, supervision or no.
Heck, I didn't even need to join the scouts to use a knife when I was young >.>
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-08-27 16:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't tell you what the right age is... all I know is that some people spend their life around guns whether it be because they were in the military, police force, hunting traditions or whatever while their are others that have never even touched a gun in their life.

For some people/families they are comfortable enough and smart enough to be able to introduce their children at younger ages and to them it's just how it is and they're responsible with gun safety and education. For those people it hasn't been an issue with kids firing them at an even younger age than 9.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-27 16:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

By the time my kid is 9, she should be able to field strip an AK!

edit: joking of course, I won't let her touch a gun if I don't think she's ready.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-08-27 16:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

My dad had two pellet guns I got to fire in my backyard when I was roughly the same age, but under strict supervision.

Though he taught us about the parts first before ever letting me and my brother (and step brothers) use it.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-27 16:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You're kid will learn well after a trip to the Congo.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-27 16:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Study trip to a warzone!
By Jetackuu 2014-08-27 16:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

You're kid will learn well after a trip to the Congo.

I'm not taking my fat *** anywhere near that place, so nope.

In fact, I'll just keep my happy *** north of the equator.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-27 16:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

There are many beautiful places to see below the equator(granted enough money for traveling).
By volkom 2014-08-27 16:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

sexual inneundo?

Lot of cool places above the equator too. Like Puerto Rico or japan
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-27 16:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell I used to start fires in the woods when I was 8, but that doesn't mean I should have been doing it.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-27 16:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

New Zealand alone justifies at least one trip in your lifetime. The Plane Ride from North America/Europe is one of the worst experiences in life though. I think maybe that's why NZ is so powerful, the dramatic contrast in experience between having to battle a sedentary-induced embolism, and seeing Middle Earth IRL amplifies the positive moments that much more.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-27 16:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
There are many beautiful places to see below the equator.
Something Brazilian I'd imagine.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-27 16:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell I used to start fires in the woods when I was 8, but that doesn't mean I should have been doing it.

You aren't starting fires correctly unless you use a flamethrower!
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-27 16:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

There are many beautiful places to see below the equator.
Something Brazilian I'd imagine.
Only if you want to be kidnapped.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-27 16:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

When I think of being kidnapped, Israel and the middle east always comes to mind. Never South America.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-27 16:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

When I think of kidnapping I usually think of Slovenia for some reason. Anywhere that was colloquially referred to as part of the "Powder Keg" of Pre-WWI Europe generally seems like some Tarantino ***happens there.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-27 16:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

When I think of being kidnapped, Israel and the middle east always comes to mind. Never South America.
Believe it or not:

List of top 7 countries where you are more likely to get kidnapped for ransom

Brazil is #4.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-27 16:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

There are many beautiful places to see below the equator(granted enough money for traveling).
I'm more of an inside person.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-27 16:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm more of an inside person.
wimp.

You have to travel at least once in your lifetime. Travel in this case is defined as more than 1,000 miles away from your rabbit hole.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13