9 Year Old Girl Kills Gun Range Instructor

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » 9 year old girl kills gun range instructor
9 year old girl kills gun range instructor
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 13
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-27 10:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

This is the most profound gif about 'Murica ever. There are just layers upon layers to dissect and analyze.

I love how much disgust you have for your fellow countrymen. Does hating so hard ever keep you up at night?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-27 10:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

This is the most profound gif about 'Murica ever. There are just layers upon layers to dissect and analyze.
Can you even prove that he's American or in America?

Or are you just being a ***?

edit: no I won't pull the birther card.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-08-27 10:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
You appear to be tad confused. (@Nokolce)

really? you've been in the UK so long you can't even insult people correctly anymore?... ima slap yo momma

although I did LOL at "Nokolce"
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-08-27 10:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

homeboy weighs in at 600 lbs, he's american.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-27 10:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »

homeboy weighs in at 600 lbs, he's american.
Conjecture.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-27 10:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta be honest.

I get *** sick of the food snobs.

There is great food in every country on Earth. There is terrible food everywhere too. There's professional chef quality. There's fast food.

This also goes for regional food stuff. For instance, the Chicago vs. NYC vs. Boston vs. LA pizza crap.

Get the *** over it and either find something good to eat where you are or make it yourself and stop bitching.

"Oh, pizza in Italy is better. Mexican from a street vendor in Tijuana is better." Etc.

***. Just eat your food and get on with your day.

Also, obviously people worldwide love American fast food too, or our fast food chains wouldn't be thriving in foreign countries.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-08-27 10:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Conjecture.

jest.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-27 10:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Single shot, and full-auto may as well be a completely different gun.

At least with single shot 100% chance every bullet goes where you point it. Full auto she freaked out and waved it around.

Using an uzi wasn't the dumbfuck move, putting it on full-auto was.
You obviously never fired a gun before, or at least a semi-automatic.

When you fire one, even if you freak out, you don't wave the gun around as you fire.

It is very likely that the gun was not at the range when it went off, the instructor was showing the girl what to do when the gun goes off in fully automatic mode, and the girl squeezed the trigger by mistake.

But I do like how you are changing your stance on this though. First it was "that girl should not have handled the gun in the first place" and now it's "that girl should not have fired the gun in full automatic mode in the first place"
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-27 10:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as the topic, there's not much left to discuss.

Tragic accident that could have been avoided. Live and learn. Probably deal with a law suit or two.

Life goes on.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-27 10:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
Conjecture.

jest.

Buzzkill.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-27 10:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, I'm just glad that the girl isn't facing manslaughter charges.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-27 10:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Buzzkill.

^
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-08-27 10:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sigh. The American goes in sharp at a little spelling mistake, of a name not even spelled correctly in the first place.

Grasping at straws broface.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-27 11:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
Ok, so it seems we have an even mixed-bag here. We have people saying it was irresponsible for the range instructor to give the weapon to the girl, the parents being irresponsible for allowing her to handle such a weapon, pro-gun rights nimrods saying the best way to learn safety is to use, and the standard type of derailing all going on at once.

You forgot to include anti-gun rights nimrods saying that we should ban all guns from citizens, because criminals will
never
break the law.

Quote:
Yet, one thing being overlooked in all of this: The firing range itself. Bullets and Burgers. Should they change their operation procedures in light of this event? Maybe restrict the handling of firearms on their premises to 15 years or older only? Should they lose their license to operate their business and be forced to close?
Should they foot the bill for the girl's now needed psychiatric care, since essentially it happened on their property, with their provided firearms and instructor's mishap?

Should they change their operation procedures? They will more than likely institute a stronger policy about where to instruct people in the use of guns, and to make sure the gun is fully unloaded prior to said instruction.

Restrict the guns to 15+ years old? No, that is the right of the parents to determine if their child is old enough or not.

Lose the license? Did they do anything illegal?

Foot the bill for the girl's mental care? Not their fault.

Quote:
This is what gets to me about the idiots that thump their chest and scream "shall not be infringed". When one of their own does something outright stupid, they don't take a step back, take a look at their own behavior, and attempt to reevaluate how they do things to avoid it happening again. Too much "but muh freedoms", not enough sense of personal responsibility going on there.

You are projecting too much there bub. This was an accident, plain and simple, and if you are so blinded by your irrational hatred to see that, then you are the one who needs to take a step back and look at your own behavior.

Quote:
As for myself, my own grandfather fought for our country during WWII. He made damn sure I never touched a weapon, even lightly as a joke with a plastic Halloween prop, without understanding the full consequences of what carrying or using a weapon meant. "Never draw a sword, or aim a gun, at something you don't intend to kill", were his exact words. He was also thoroughly against civilians owning full-auto weapons such as Uzis.

Good for him. Does that give you the right to enforce your ideas on the rest of the country?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-27 11:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

Tragic accident that could have been avoided. Live and learn. Probably deal with a law suit or two.

Life goes on.
There will not be a lawsuit, as the parents signed a waiver beforehand not to hold the company and owners liable for any mistakes.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-08-27 11:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

At least with single shot 100% chance every bullet goes where you point it. Full auto she freaked out and waved it around.

When you fire one, even if you freak out, you don't wave the gun around as you fire.

It is very likely that the gun was not at the range when it went off, the instructor was showing the girl what to do when the gun goes off in fully automatic mode, and the girl squeezed the trigger by mistake.

But I do like how you are changing your stance on this though. First it was "that girl should not have handled the gun in the first place" and now it's "that girl should not have fired the gun in full automatic mode in the first place"

I'd be willing to bet that they were on the range, and that she wasn't waving the gun around, at least not intentionally.

The instructor probably let her fire a few single shots to "give her a feel" for the gun, and then switched it to automatic, thinking she was ready. She squeezed the trigger expecting the same feel, but the recoil from continuous shooting was greater than she had experienced, the gun propelled itself away from the target in a direction consistent with the way she was holding it, and we all know the rest.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-08-27 11:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

That's just stupid... the gun weighs more than a 9 y/o girl. (obviously an exaggeration).

In this one case, he deserved to die. That's *** stupid. I know people do dumb ***but come on.

volkom said: »
Quote:
Do children and guns mix well? Should children be kept away from all firearms until age 18? Would you allow your underaged child to touch a weapon of any variety?
I think if a household is to have guns in the house then the children should know about gun safety. As to allow an underaged child to touch a weapon of 'any' variety....almost everything can be considered a weapon. /shrug

This story is outragously stupid.

Teaching a child to fire a gun: smart
Teaching a child about firearm safety: smart
Letting a 9yo fire a full auto uzi.... beyond f***ing stupid.

There is no logic in doing that. Anyone that hasn't fired a weapon doesn't rly understand the force and kickback from one. As parents giving that to there kid, they should have. And they still let a kid that wouldn't be able to handle it, use it anyway. Thats on the parents.

Also on the parents is the decision to let a child use a full auto. That is not an introductory weapon to teach a child with. That would be like taking a kid who just got his learners permit and had never actually driven before, and putting him behind the wheel of a tank on the street. Its asinine. Overly outrageous, overly incompetent.

Now i myself new how/learned how to fire at that young of an age. But my dad, had being military and a cop, new his safety protocols. I sure as hell never got a full auto weapon (or a semi auto for that matter.) I was given a little BB rifle to train with. And i wasn't allowed to touch anything else until i was both physically and mentally ready/capable of using them correctly.

I feel sry for the kid for having such f*** ups for parents.

And as a 27 year resident of NJ... i can say im not surprised at the stupidity. NJ breeds that like rabbits. NJ treats gun education like many religious ppl treat sex education. Never mention it, never discus it, never acknowledge its existence, and act shocked when someone wines up pregnant. 0.0
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-27 11:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget to let your kids try out bazookas too, you know for safety knowledge in case they have to take down a helicopter.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-27 11:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Life goes on.
There will not be a lawsuit, as the parents signed a waiver beforehand not to hold the company and owners liable for any mistakes.

What about the family of the instructor?

Or the family of the girl filing against the estate of the instructor?

But really. I think we all know how much liability clauses hold up.

I'm not saying they'd be successful suits or that they should be filed, but I think they're in the realm of possibility. We live in a litigious society.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-08-27 11:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-27 11:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Don't forget to let your kids try out bazookas too, you know for safety knowledge in case they have to take down a helicopter.

I wish my dad had let me fire an RPG. ;;
By Jetackuu 2014-08-27 11:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
This is what gets to me about the idiots that thump their chest and scream "shall not be infringed". When one of their own does something outright stupid, they don't take a step back, take a look at their own behavior, and attempt to reevaluate how they do things to avoid it happening again. Too much "but muh freedoms", not enough sense of personal responsibility going on there.

So much stupidity and ignorance in this post.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-27 11:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »

I'd be willing to bet that they were on the range, and that she wasn't waving the gun around, at least not intentionally.

The instructor probably let her fire a few single shots to "give her a feel" for the gun, and then switched it to automatic, thinking she was ready. She squeezed the trigger expecting the same feel, but the recoil from continuous shooting was greater than she had experienced, the gun propelled itself away from the target in a direction consistent with the way she was holding it, and we all know the rest.
We will never know.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-08-27 11:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta be honest.
I get *** sick of the food snobs.

you get sick of everything ramy, sick of altima global warming, sick of food snobs... I j'accuse you of being french!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-27 11:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 somebody says "I wish I had a dad"

also: I'm not so sure I'd use a RPG to do that, but as long as the range has room, no reason why not to.
By volkom 2014-08-27 11:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

also: I'm not so sure I'd use a RPG to do that, but as long as the range has room, no reason why not to.

see kids in africa/parts of the middle east running around with ak's
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-27 11:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Life goes on.

What about the family of the instructor?

Or the family of the girl filing against the estate of the instructor?

But really. I think we all know how much liability clauses hold up.

I'm not saying they'd be successful suits or that they should be filed, but I think they're in the realm of possibility. We live in a litigious society.
The instructor would have more than likely signed the same waiver prior or during employment.

The girl's family would have no real basis on said lawsuit, unless they can prove that the instructor was being irresponsible and, against the wishes of the parents, still instructed and allowed the girl to fire the gun in automatic mode.

If they do file a suit, it would be highly unlikely they would win. Unless they have a jury of 7+ anti-gun nuts on a jury, in which case the defendant lawyer is incompetent to say the least.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-27 11:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

see kids in africa/parts of the middle east running around with ak's

Yeah: it sucks when radical leaders take power and oppress a people, including children, even more when they use them to fight.
By volkom 2014-08-27 11:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So moral of the story is don't let individuals with little gun experience handle full automatic weapons?
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-08-27 11:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So moral of the story is don't let individuals with little gun experience handle full automatic weapons?

very carefully supervise them, if you do.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 13