Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-02 14:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

11-02-2012 02:31 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

I see you discovered the video before I could even tell you about it...

This is indeed the new Cait Sith video that we mentioned was in progress. Please keep in mind that this is still quite early in development and is rough footage, but we wanted to give you guys a first look! Enjoy.
Subscribe
[+]
By Althyk 2012-11-02 14:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like Caith Sith is gonna be like an non-2hr avatar.
[+]
 Odin.Hirokei
Server: Odin
user: Kaisuko
By Odin.Hirokei 2012-11-02 14:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

That's it?
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-02 14:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Hirokei said: »
That's it?
Players were demanding to see a video of Cait Sith on the official forums, so they told them that they would get one up as soon as possible though it won't have any abilities.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-02 14:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I must say though, anyone on the PC could have switched out their pet for the Cait Sith model and it would do exactly the same thing.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-02 14:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Althyk said: »
Looks like Caith Sith is gonna be like an non-2hr avatar.

They said it would be, like, originally and stuff. There was never any doubt.
 Valefor.Fmaxgluttony
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Fmaxgluttony 2012-11-02 14:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Another carbuncle.....whoopee?
[+]
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-11-02 14:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The...noises ._ .
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-11-02 14:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

They couldn't even show Level ? Holy or any of the other Cait Sith Ceithir TP moves they've no doubt recycled for the summon?

lol
 Carbuncle.Sanders
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sanders
By Carbuncle.Sanders 2012-11-02 14:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn nay-sayers. I just want another flippy-doodle in my SMN repertoire. /excite
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2012-11-02 14:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm so glad that they could finally add the battle dat file for cait sith that already was in the WotG Folder. Both of which have been around for years. I wasn't expecting much, but I'm glad that it can... fu**ing hit things. Obviously this is a game-changing avatar.

Devs. You're gonna need to start steppin' it up or you're gonna start losing your paychecks.

Oh oh oh. I hit you somewhere soft and I don't even speak Japanese. Wow. You must suck hard.

How I feel about SE right now.

Videos that make you cry.

I remember all of these people.

Sorry. I still don't know how to make new topics. It's for the best, I suppose.

Pics that make you lol needed a bump anyway. (^_^)

Edit: 2:03. How I feel about the franchise. Why do they not have a fan consultant group or something. It all seems like they're just going through the motions until their next pay day. There are people out there that remember every word on every instruction manual. Every botched line of text from their translations.

We're f'n good at what we know. A few paychecks a month could make millions in revenue generation. Dude, there are no GMs in their already established, for a decade, MMO. It's like they're fu**ing asleep at the wheel or something. Way to aquire...

http://shopping.yahoo.com/759752949-pony-friends-2-nintendo-ds/

Yeah. That has a SquareEnix logo on it.

THAT. Has... a...

Edit in progress. I'm gonna have to figure out how to make a new topic on this site one day.

Well if you can figure out how to make a new forum topic, please PM me. The above is what I see when I sign into this site. Yay for how active Valefor's RMT community is.

I just spoke the following words out loud: Why are you killing my Kujata. (^_^)

Well... it's gonna take us to fix this ***. They just keep *** it up and I'm a bit sick of it.
 Asura.Shimay
Server: Asura
user: Shimay
By Asura.Shimay 2012-11-02 14:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry but i have to say it. It's soooo cute!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-11-02 14:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

One such lovely, timeless mistranslation:

[+]
 Ifrit.Showmo
Server: Ifrit
user: showmo456
By Ifrit.Showmo 2012-11-02 15:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Was anyone else slightly disappointed that melee SMN kept hate the entire time?
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2012-11-02 15:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Gaw. Look at that sexy Time Mage standing next to Beowulf. SE couldn't even introduce a Time Mage job into their own expansion about time travel. Disgusting.

I'm not trying to be negative Nancy, but this series used to be the end-all-be-all of console entertainment. The graphics of SE used to be... /sigh.

Remember when you would look forward to the cutscenes of a summoned avatar? Now it's like: Oh good. Thanks for my 75th reincarnation of FF1 now for my ipod touch. Hope that nets the company 20k.

Final Fantasy VII MADE Playstation. Think about it. Would you have bought a PS1 if it didn't have Final Fantasy VII on it? It was originally going to be some add-on part to the N64 or something?

I can't be the only mofo that remembers that. That stuff happened.

That is not acceptable.

Edit 1: Can anyone just find me the phone number for SquareEnix? I'm gonna see what I can do.
[+]
 Valefor.Avitorii
user: Avitori
By Valefor.Avitorii 2012-11-02 15:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

858-790-7529
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2012-11-02 15:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

People complain way to much. Cry me a river.

They said no abilities were going to be shown long before this small video came out. Why are you illiterate *** crying so damn much?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-11-02 15:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

This video is about as phoned in as it gets so I get your frustration.

The devs acting out Cait Siths TP moves would be more entertaining. Bonus points if they made the mewing sounds.
[+]
By Mishaa 2012-11-02 15:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Showmo said: »
Was anyone else slightly disappointed that melee SMN kept hate the entire time?

You mean like the same way people were disappointed that merit weaponskills weren't killing trash mobs in the video they made for them? Yeah, resolution and shoha and so forth all turned out to really suck right?

The pets damage is probably a placeholder, wait til they put it on the test server or something to see what they want it capable of and I think you'll be less disappointed. (or more, depending on its abilities)
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2012-11-02 15:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Brain said: »

They said no abilities were going to be shown long before this small video came out. Why are you illiterate *** crying so damn much?

The problem is they've had years to get this out and they've done next to nothing. They added some animations to a character they'd already designed and implemented as an NPC. Shouldn't we expect a bit more from Square-Enix than that?
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2012-11-02 15:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, FF7 was orinigally going to be on N64, but the cartridge wasn't big enough, so they had to move to PS1 since they could use multiple disks. And OMG at that FF6 video... to virtual console I go...
 Lye
By Lye 2012-11-02 15:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Esdain said: »
Gaw. Look at that sexy Time Mage standing next to Beowulf. SE couldn't even introduce a Time Mage job into their own expansion about time travel. Disgusting.

I'm not trying to be negative Nancy, but this series used to be the end-all-be-all of console entertainment. The graphics of SE used to be... /sigh.

Remember when you would look forward to the cutscenes of a summoned avatar? Now it's like: Oh good. Thanks for my 75th reincarnation of FF1 now for my ipod touch. Hope that nets the company 20k.

Final Fantasy VII MADE Playstation. Think about it. Would you have bought a PS1 if it didn't have Final Fantasy VII on it? It was originally going to be some add-on part to the N64 or something?

I can't be the only mofo that remembers that. That stuff happened.

That is not acceptable.

Edit 1: Can anyone just find me the phone number for SquareEnix? I'm gonna see what I can do.

Grow up. It wasnt actually as great as you recall it being.
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2012-11-02 15:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to need a translator. That phone rep didn't sound like he was able to handle a call of this magnitude. e gave me the: fill out the online form bs that we're so sick of. If anyone can translate as an interpreter well for me, PM me a with your number and we'll try to work this out.
(Obviously I knew I couldn't just up and ask to talk with the prez of SE, but that's who I asked for).
Mathmeticialns, I need to know what time it is in Japan right now. Obviously I don't wanna bother the president of SE On his saturday.
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2012-11-02 15:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Translators. Do any of you just randomly wait around to talk with the President of SE? If so... get your game face on.
By Enuyasha 2012-11-02 15:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

As if Time Mage wouldn't be Red Mage with one or two new spells anyway. Would you like to complain after they give you what you wanted some more? Hey, lets *** about how they dont have Time Mage!

<Dev>>> We introduced Time Mage
<<<Dev> But you only gave it Stop,(insert whatever "unique" spells Time Mage has)
<Dev>>> But this is what you wanted!
<<<Dev> Nuhuh! I wanted a supar dupar job that could brew with a spell and freeze enemies in time and stuff!
<Dev>>>...
<<<Dev> FFXISUCKSGAMEISDEADQ_Q_Q_Q_Q_Q_Q_Q

I can only imagine what will unfold when Atomos,Cait Sith,Rune Knight,and Geomancer actually do hit the test servers or even the live servers. I mean, people complained that it wasn't Mystic Knight even though it clearly has the same elements...not that anyone is going to use Rune Knight anyway seeing as how its just magic PLD (and tanking is obviously dead because you know, people spam WS's at 100% with no regard to hate management).
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2012-11-02 15:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems my boy is Yoichi Wada. I am still gonna need a translator.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-11-02 15:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Esdain, you can make a new topic by clicking "New Topic" at the top of a sub-forum.

Onto the subject itself, I think it is excellent that they are finally introducing the FF7 character Cait Sith into the game. Just recently cleared the WOTG storyline, and it was pretty neat, so it will be interesting to see what Cait Sith can give us.

I am not a Summoner myself, but I know my dad will love this addition. People try not to be disappointed by this video, its obviously early on in it's development, and they were just showing us the basics to prove they are actually working on it.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-02 15:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Brain said: »

Here is how I see it.

My expectations were not let down.
For the past 1.25 years my expectations have not been crushed, they have stayed up to date with us more or less on their progress (or lack of) on the subject since day one. I don't think anyone's expectations are hurt here.

I am disappointed however.
I am disappointment with SE because of their lack of dedication on the subject. So far the only thing they have managed to do is create a DAT file for a new avatar. Any noobie PC player could make a summon Cait Sith, in 3-15 min depending on their experience with DATs.

If you think we have no right to complain, please share why.
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2012-11-02 15:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I still would like to speak with Mr. Wada. As your linkshells or shout say. Ya get to bitchin', but nobody grabs the reigns. We can translate some English into Japanense and vice-verca.

All we gotta do is fix this game. Remind 'em that we care.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-02 15:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Esdain, you can make a new topic by clicking "New Topic" at the top of a sub-forum.

Onto the subject itself, I think it is excellent that they are finally introducing the FF7 character Cait Sith into the game. Just recently cleared the WOTG storyline, and it was pretty neat, so it will be interesting to see what Cait Sith can give us.

I am not a Summoner myself, but I know my dad will love this addition. People try not to be disappointed by this video, its obviously early on in it's development, and they were just showing us the basics to prove they are actually working on it.
Actually, Cait Sith first appeared as a summon in FF6 :)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7