New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » [Dev] Cait Sith Video
[Dev] Cait Sith Video
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Lye
By Lye 2012-11-02 15:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Im inclined to believe that if SE listened to every player suggestion/complaint, (legitimate or otherwise), there'd be nothing but cheese sandwiches and tuxedos on the AH!!!!!!!
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-02 15:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lye said: »
Valefor.Esdain said: »
Gaw. Look at that sexy Time Mage standing next to Beowulf. SE couldn't even introduce a Time Mage job into their own expansion about time travel. Disgusting.

I'm not trying to be negative Nancy, but this series used to be the end-all-be-all of console entertainment. The graphics of SE used to be... /sigh.

Remember when you would look forward to the cutscenes of a summoned avatar? Now it's like: Oh good. Thanks for my 75th reincarnation of FF1 now for my ipod touch. Hope that nets the company 20k.

Final Fantasy VII MADE Playstation. Think about it. Would you have bought a PS1 if it didn't have Final Fantasy VII on it? It was originally going to be some add-on part to the N64 or something?

I can't be the only mofo that remembers that. That stuff happened.

That is not acceptable.

Edit 1: Can anyone just find me the phone number for SquareEnix? I'm gonna see what I can do.

Grow up. It wasnt actually as great as you recall it being.

Yeaaaah, I really don't get the universal nerdgasm over FF7 <_>.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-11-02 15:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm inclined to believe that if FFXI's Dev staff was as competent and/or attentive to their players as they could be, it wouldn't take them multiple years to create a single pet. BST has gotten, what, 7 new pets in the time that SMN has been waiting for 2?
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2012-11-02 15:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Kali, I like you. You're an awesome mofo. Can you hook the aces up with some of those translators? You have same sense I have in my bones that you have deep down in your bones.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2012-11-02 15:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

What would Caitsith's SP be?

Weak to water, no doubt.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-11-02 15:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It brought the Final Fantasy brand to a wider audience in a big way (omg 3 discs) and had cutting-edge (lol) graphics for its time.
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2012-11-02 15:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

As a BST and BLU of valefor, I can't agrue with Proth. That mofo knows his ***.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-11-02 15:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aelius said: »

Weak to water, no doubt.

Level ? Holy or something
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-11-02 15:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Weak to water, no doubt.

Roulette.

You rolled a 6, everyone dies.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2012-11-02 15:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I'm inclined to believe that if FFXI's Dev staff was as competent and/or attentive to their players as they could be, it wouldn't take them multiple years to create a single pet. BST has gotten, what, 7 new pets in the time that SMN has been waiting for 2?

It's easy to apply the rules of mob types and copy and paste code for BST pets. Even then, they seem to work on things like BST pets in one sitting and get them out at relatively the same time. I for one believe they are busily prepping for SoA and wouldn't want to *** at them for frivolous ***and get a shitty expansion as a result.
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2012-11-02 15:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not going to stop. Esdain has to speak with dumb-***-mofo-that-runs-his-company-into-the-ground.

Now. Who has that mofo-'n number? You can PM me if you want, but I am still gonna need a translator.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-11-02 15:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »

It's easy to apply the rules of mob types and copy and paste code for BST pets. Even then, they seem to work on things like BST pets in one sitting and get them out at relatively the same time. I for one believe they are busily prepping for SoA and wouldn't want to *** at them for frivolous ***and get a shitty expansion as a result.

Can't be terribly difficult to convert an avatar, either. All of the assets for Atomos and Cait Sith already exist from missions and cutscenes.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-02 15:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

And how many of them get used? Maybe they're actually trying to make Cait Sith something, I dunno, actually good or something.
 Valefor.Avitorii
user: Avitori
By Valefor.Avitorii 2012-11-02 15:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It's funny Esdain I still remember you from LunarCry from all these years and you havn't changed. Granted you won't remember me because I changed my name :)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2012-11-02 15:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't always call the people that will finally *** fix everything for you so you can quit cryin', but when I do... ***gets real.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-11-02 15:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »

And how many of them get used? Maybe they're actually trying to make Cait Sith something, I dunno, actually good or something.

The slug, the hippogryph, the turtle, and the tiger are all used in some capacity.
By Enuyasha 2012-11-02 15:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

They would have to redo a lot of their stats if they are non-2hr avatars right? Odin and Alexander took a while too but they became 2hr avatars and wouldn't be fighting so they only had to redo two or three things.

But i do agree, it couldn't be TERRIBLY difficult to do it. In theory.
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2012-11-02 15:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone came up with a Japanese translator yet?

I am not going to stop. Every time I see a boring post, it just makes me wanna grab that fool by the ear and ask him why us is in charge and screwing the pooch so hard.

Final Fantasy is the end-all-be-all game and well now I have to come over there and point your *** in the correct direction.

Ponies?

Man there is a whole franchise for that.

*grabs your by the head of hair*

Now look at all the ***you have to go from. You constructed one of the best franchises in history. You may wanna take a moment and quit buying up tomb raider and remember that ***that saved your ***.

Oh, did I stutter. Final Fantasy saved your collective ***.

Oh wait. You... oh. Yep. Once you get slapped in the face with the giant elephant in the room, you start to remember why you're doing this. =P
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2012-11-02 15:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I move for DRG to have pet abilities to attack and heel. Maybe multiple wyverns for various occasions.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-11-02 15:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Esdain, you can make a new topic by clicking "New Topic" at the top of a sub-forum.

Onto the subject itself, I think it is excellent that they are finally introducing the FF7 character Cait Sith into the game. Just recently cleared the WOTG storyline, and it was pretty neat, so it will be interesting to see what Cait Sith can give us.

I am not a Summoner myself, but I know my dad will love this addition. People try not to be disappointed by this video, its obviously early on in it's development, and they were just showing us the basics to prove they are actually working on it.
Actually, Cait Sith first appeared as a summon in FF6 :)

This is true, and I played 6 and 7, but 7 was my first game, and I loved his character in that one a whole lot more, that I usually forget he was also in 6 :P
[+]
By Enuyasha 2012-11-02 15:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I move for DRG to have pet abilities to attack and heel. Maybe multiple wyverns for various occasions.

PUP with a job trait to call multiple puppets (up to 3 with not 1 being the same frame/head combo)and being able to command the puppet with what WS or spell to use and when to use it.

The DRG thing would be nice~
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-02 15:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

They probably just have a difficult time coming up with blood pacts for these summons. Notice also they're pretending the Atomos idea never existed!
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-11-02 15:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

They would have to redo a lot of their stats if they are non-2hr avatars right? Odin and Alexander took a while too but they became 2hr avatars and wouldn't be fighting so they only had to redo two or three things.

But i do agree, it couldn't be TERRIBLY difficult to do it. In theory.

I imagine that the most dissimilar part of it all would be an Avatar's more diverse spread of animations, and the fact that they'd have to port over each of the animations to an NPC model. The rest couldn't be much different with the balancing of pet stats and TP moves, assigning costs, summoning requirements, etc.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-11-02 16:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

They will probably want to bring in Cait Sith around the same time that Seekers of Adoulin comes out. They are introducing so many other things to the game too, I guess they want to ensure that Cait Sith is relevant to the content that they are bringing to the table, instead of rushing him out there and have everyone complain that Cait Sith is useless.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-11-02 16:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It's funny because Odin and Alexander already have working full-time animations that could have been used to give Summoners access to both avatars in a functional state. Both avatars already have complete blood pact lists that could have used as well.

This could have been thrown out as something to tide players over till they got Atomos / Cait Sith done but here I go assuming SE has the resources or goodwill to keep players satisfied.
By Avitori 2012-11-02 16:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

PUP with a job trait to call multiple puppets (up to 3 with not 1 being the same frame/head combo)and being able to command the puppet with what WS or spell to use and when to use it.

The DRG thing would be nice~

No one cares about PUP though.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-11-02 16:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand why people are talking about any other job but SMN and Cait Sith in this thread.
By Avitori 2012-11-02 16:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Because DRG SMN PUP are all pet jobs, and are somewhat related.

oh and BST
By Enuyasha 2012-11-02 16:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
It's funny because Odin and Alexander already have working full-time animations that could have been used to give Summoners access to both avatars in a functional state. Both avatars already have complete blood pact lists that could have used as well.

This could have been thrown out as something to tide players over till they got Atomos / Cait Sith done but here I go assuming SE has the resources or goodwill to keep players satisfied.
Wasn't the reasoning for them being two hours the fact that they are ungodly huge? I would've liked to play with Zantetsuken while having a galloping horse or a giant machine like castle floating along behind me any day to be honest.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7