First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-11-02 16:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Avitori said: »
Because DRG SMN PUP are all pet jobs, and are somewhat related.

So maybe I should go to a DRK thread and start talking about WAR, MNK, THF, DNC, NIN etc, just because they can melee?

Edit: Nothing against pet jobs, personally I am beginning to love BST, but I won't start talking about BST here, this is about Cait Sith.
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2012-11-02 16:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Avitorii said: »
It's funny Esdain I still remember you from LunarCry from all these years and you havn't changed. Granted you won't remember me because I changed my name :)

Of course I didn't change. How I was back then is how I am these days.

You had better be a badass mothertrucker from KJ or... I remember everyone. Just give me one hint and I will knock it out of the block. Not only do you have the new-name modifier, but we had to merge servers. I'll know you if you were even medium epic.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-11-02 16:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

BST was brought up as an analog to the amount of *** that SE gives, DRG and PUP I have no idea
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2012-11-02 16:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Monday, Proth. Esdain has some scores to settle. They can't f'n keep doing this to us.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-11-02 16:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Esdain said: »
Monday, Proth. Esdain has some scores to settle. They can't f'n keep doing this to us.

SEs customer service is ridiculously bad, they ain't going to listen to you.
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2012-11-02 16:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

want to take some guesses?
By Avitori 2012-11-02 16:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Avitorii said: »
It's funny Esdain I still remember you from LunarCry from all these years and you havn't changed. Granted you won't remember me because I changed my name :)

Of course I didn't change. How I was back then is how I am these days.

You had better be a badass mothertrucker from KJ or... I remember everyone. Just give me one hint and I will knock it out of the block. Not only do you have the new-name modifier, but we had to merge servers. I'll know you if you were even medium epic.

I'll give you a hint. My name on Kujata was one of these:
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2012-11-02 16:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I know Pro. He's really hip on the BLU tip. As for Aviatori, you would have to bust out some time we hung out. Mew mew.
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2012-11-02 16:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Gosh darn. That is a very big list. I know a lot of them mofos.
 Lye
By Lye 2012-11-02 16:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
something to tide players over till they got Atomos / Cait Sith done but here I go assuming SE has the resources or goodwill to keep players satisfied.

At a young age, I was taught a fundamental truth in life:

"People do what they percieve they must."

SE hasnt worked on/implemented these avatars because the dont have to. We will continue to pay 11.99 each month regardless of their implementation. Good will and player satisfaction mean nothing if they are not causal in monthly subscription revenues.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-11-02 16:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

want to take some guesses?

Guesses on what? That SE won't listen to you? Well they won't

I ain't sure what your trying to "fix", but SE will keep doing what they want to do, whenever they want to do it. They already have the official forums if you want to leave them feedback on current content, or even join the test server and give feedback on content that is in development.
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2012-11-02 16:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Was not aimed at you Kalilla, but...

I say you have no right to complain because the Reps said they had no abilities to show as they were still working them out, and the consensus on the FFXI official forums was they wanted a video of Cait Sith simply meleeing just to see what it looked like. The rep said they could make it happen.

So we get a video of Cait Sith simply meleeing.

Exactly what they said they would show.

So no, you have no right to complain. Now if they said they were going to give us a taste of what they envisioned Cait Sith being capable of, then released this shitty video, fine, cry away, but they held up their end of the bargain to the letter.
[+]
By Avitori 2012-11-02 16:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Gosh darn. That is a very big list. I know a lot of them mofos.

I'm in this video. Does that help? lol
 Shiva.Keyera
Server: Shiva
user: Keyera
By Shiva.Keyera 2012-11-02 16:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

SC2 community just got done with an epic shitstorm over a similar thing (complaining about the lack of things that Blizz literally released in beta a week afterwards), can we please refrain from having one here? =(

They released what they said they would. No, they don't listen to everything(if anything) the community of a game that's on the downhill says...have they ever?

Hurr Durr, they've had years, blah blah. Such a stupid excuse for raging. Let SE do things at the pace they do things, and if they run the game into the ground then that's their problem. There's nothing we can do about it other than let them know that we still play this game.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-11-02 16:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So from the looks of it this is no where near implementation, wow. Its been what 2 years since Cait Sith the avatar was announced? And they wonder why the playerbase is in continuous decline.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-11-02 16:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lye said: »

SE hasnt worked on/implemented these avatars because the dont have to. We will continue to pay 11.99 each month regardless of their implementation. Good will and player satisfaction mean nothing if they are not causal in monthly subscription revenues.

Tell that to ArenaNet or even Blizzard who understand that shitty decisions made today in an MMO can and will affect your bottom line in the future.

SE's cultural excuses have grown tired and you can only hide behind the "we're Japanese!" barrier for so long. Get some new minds in the company who understand terms such as "brand equity", "customer service" and "efficient service". The Japanese car industry learned these terms 60 years ago so I'm sure some people in Japan can grasp the concepts.

I thought they learned from their failings in FFXIV but this company hasn't and it pains me to see a champion in the gaming field destroy itself with one poor decision after the other. They can't be arsed to hire some new hands for the development cycle so why should players continue to patronize their games? Maybe losing more market share will wake up the clueless leaders at the helm.
[+]
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2012-11-02 16:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
So from the looks of it this is no where near implementation, wow. Its been what 2 years since Cait Sith the avatar was announced? And they wonder why the playerbase is in continuous decline.

This post sums up my complaints nicely.

Hurr Durr this vieo means it's no where near implementation.

While SE has stated Cait Sith and Atomos are on the back burner, they did say they were working on the abilities to be used.

This video is just what was asked of them and in no way reflects the completion of the Avatar.

And lets be honest, people would be screaming bloody murder if they actually showed something and then it was altered or nixed.

I hate sounding like I'm white knighting SE, but I sincerely loathe the stupidity emanating from these whining people.
 Lye
By Lye 2012-11-02 16:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Tell that to ArenaNet or even Blizzard who understand that shitty decisions made today in an MMO can and will affect your bottom line in the future.

SE's cultural excuses have grown tired and you can only hide behind the "we're Japanese!" barrier for so long. Get some new minds in the company who understand terms such as "brand equity", "customer service" and "efficient service". The Japanese car industry learned these terms 60 years ago so I'm sure some people in Japan can grasp the concepts.

I thought they learned from their failings in FFXIV but this company hasn't and it pains me to see a champion in the gaming field destroy itself with one poor decision after the other. They can't be arsed to hire some new hands for the development cycle so why should players continue to patronize their games? Maybe losing more market share will wake up the clueless leaders at the helm.

Do you pay a subscription fee?
By dedrummer000 2012-11-02 16:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

haha cait sith didnt pull hate from the smn.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-11-02 16:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope.

Waiting to resub when SE takes running an MMO seriously again. So are many of my former LS mates.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-11-02 17:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
They probably just have a difficult time coming up with blood pacts for these summons. Notice also they're pretending the Atomos idea never existed!

Pretty much this.
If people look at everything all the other avatars can do, i'd love to see what they expect Cait Sith to do that is different or isnt overpowered and subject to potential abuse like Alexander PD is.

Personally i'd rather have the ability to call odin/alexander more often in a non 2hr capacity than get another avatar.
 Lye
By Lye 2012-11-02 17:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope.

Waiting to resub when SE takes running an MMO seriously again. So are all my former LS mates.

Please enjoy your wait.

The point stands. Instead of playing these wonderful Blizzard and ArenaNet titles you believe have better philosophies, you regularly keep hope that SE will bow to your expectations as evidenced by frequenting these boards.

I wouldnt hold my breath though.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-11-02 17:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lye said:
The point stands. Instead of playing these wonderful Blizzard and ArenaNet titles you believe have better philosophies, you regularly keep hope that SE will bow to your expectations as evidenced by frequenting these boards.

You're off base.

I'm aware my position rests on elements of 'hope' (more like SE making better business decisions) and I could go further and say that it's rooted in an emotional attachment to the brand. Chrono Trigger was my first RPG and likely the reason that I've been gaming for as long as I have and Squaresoft is to thank for that.

Also, why say 'instead'? I'm not limited to one game or brand.

I have other MMO interests precisely because SE has kicked me to the curb with their halfassed approach here in FFXI and in the larger gaming market. They've lost their way as a company and as a lifelong fan watching their beloved brand capsize of course you're going to get commentary.

It only burns more because many of the decisions are self-inflicted.

As for why I'm here on FFXIAH? Because I like the community and some of the threads can be fun. Watching SE make stupid decisions is one part painful and one part feeling like you're watching Tommy Wiseau run FFXI. Cmon, SE used the "everyone got sick" excuse recently!
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-11-02 17:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

People can play more than one video game at a time. Who would have thought that?
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-02 17:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

like you're watching Tommy Wiseau run FFXI.

Oh hi players, how's your sex life?
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-02 18:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Brain said: »
Was not aimed at you Kalilla, but...

I say you have no right to complain because the Reps said they had no abilities to show as they were still working them out, and the consensus on the FFXI official forums was they wanted a video of Cait Sith simply meleeing just to see what it looked like. The rep said they could make it happen.

So we get a video of Cait Sith simply meleeing.

Exactly what they said they would show.

So no, you have no right to complain. Now if they said they were going to give us a taste of what they envisioned Cait Sith being capable of, then released this shitty video, fine, cry away, but they held up their end of the bargain to the letter.
You have a great point, but it's still is no excuse to have gone on for 1.25+ years.

I feel like I can complain based on that fact alone. I am not disappointed with their video, I'm glad they responded.

I'm not even a summoner though, my complaint is the amount of time this is taking, and we don't even know if these two avatars will be any good or not. If all of this time turns out to be well worth the effort then great job SE, you did good. If they aren't worth the effort, and players don't end up using them, then I'm right back to complaining, even though I'm not a summoner.

It's not about complaining just to complain, because I'm not a summoner, but because SE would have let down the Summoners who did cared about these two avatars and waited 1.25+ years for them to come out. Those are who I care about in this situation, and SE should be as well.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-11-02 18:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

oh hi mark
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2012-11-02 20:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lye said:

You're off base.

I'm aware my position rests on elements of 'hope' (more like SE making better business decisions) and I could go further and say that it's rooted in an emotional attachment to the brand. Chrono Trigger was my first RPG and likely the reason that I've been gaming for as long as I have and Squaresoft is to thank for that.

Also, why say 'instead'? I'm not limited to one game or brand.

I have other MMO interests precisely because SE has kicked me to the curb with their halfassed approach here in FFXI and in the larger gaming market. They've lost their way as a company and as a lifelong fan watching their beloved brand capsize of course you're going to get commentary.

It only burns more because many of the decisions are self-inflicted.

As for why I'm here on FFXIAH? Because I like the community and some of the threads can be fun. Watching SE make stupid decisions is one part painful and one part feeling like you're watching Tommy Wiseau run FFXI. Cmon, SE used the "everyone got sick" excuse recently!

I didn't say you can't play more than one game. Buy by extension of this:

Than SE clearly hasn't done a poor enough job to lose your interest entirely. You haven't written the game off entirely based on what you exaggerate:

They've lost their way as a company and as a lifelong fan watching their beloved brand capsize of course you're going to get commentary.

Stop exaggerating.

If your opinion were to approach objectivity, you wouldn't acknowledge the possibility of re-subscription.

tldr; SE can w/e the *** they want and your "disappointment" won't mean ***. Get over it.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-11-02 20:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't say you can't play more than one game. Buy by extension of this:

Than SE clearly hasn't done a poor enough job to lose your interest entirely. You haven't written the game off entirely based on what you exaggerate as being.

Dude, the company has lost my *** subscription. Whatever else comes after that is just commentary on my part because the bottom line (to SE) is that I am no longer a customer patronizing their services and this is self-inflicted from their own shitty decisions regarding this game.

Last I checked, businesses want to retain customers and they certainly don't want to push customers to competition but lo and behold that is exactly what SE has done. Their behavior is indicative of a company that feels entitled to profits because the game has the title 'Final Fantasy' and that's the same move that *** them royally with Tanaka's Folly - FFXIV.

Of course SE isn't going to lose my interest entirely, I want to see the company succeed as a fan but others however aren't so forgiving and the customers lost from SE due to shitty customer service in FFXI and FFXIV will affect their bottom line in the future.

Brand equity amongst Final Fantasy titles has been on the slide and even Wada knows it.

Quote:
If this were accurate, you wouldn't acknowledge the possibility of re-subscription.

If their services ever approach adequate again then I'll resubscribe as I said before. Currently, the services are inadequate and so they don't get a monthly sub. Clap on, clap off. Money on, money off.

Quote:
SE can w/e the *** they want and your "disappointment" won't mean ***. Get over it.

You're right, SE can do whatever and so long as they continue halfassing it they won't be seeing my money here. 2 years for a .datswapped avatar that isn't even near functional tells me all the resources are being poured into FFXIV again rather than upkeeping the game I paid for.
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2012-11-02 20:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

l tells me all the resources are being poured into FFXIV again rather than upkeeping the game I paid for.

A) You don't get to choose where your subscription money goes to. If you think you should, you're out of touch with reality.

B) Quit anthropomorphizing SE. They do what's profitable. To expect anything else is simply naive. Furthermore, to speculate as to what you think is profitable (long-term VS short term) is an attempt to rationalize with INFINITELY less information at your fingertips (up-keep costs, personnel costs, etc.)

Feel free to lament what you feel SE has become. Please remember that your opinion =/= fact.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7