[Dev] Cait Sith Video
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-11-04 19:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like an explanation on why it's taken them well over a year to look at a rather massive bug, let alone fix it.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-11-04 19:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Since everyone tossed in GW2 into this conversation I'd just like to out on a limb and say how much better the FFXI story arc has been over the main arc in GW2 and many other MMOs.

SE may be completely pants on head HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE at doing many things but on a story that immerses the player? A+ Localization team? A+ Sound crew? A+

I thought Lion was a weak protagonist for RotZ but apparently Arenanet wanted to top that with Trahearne. It made me seriously appreciate WoW in terms of how to deliver a story.
 Carbuncle.Veteran
Server: Carbuncle
user: veteran
By Carbuncle.Veteran 2012-11-04 19:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

GW2 failed completely in terms of delivering a story. The lore and world of GW is absolutely amazing, probably my favorite. I obsessed over the story in GW1 and spoke to every NPC I could, read all the novels and frequently debated the lore with friends.

Then GW2 completely screwed the pooch with the delivery, which disappointed me immensely.

The Elder Dragons have huge potential in terms of storyline devices, so I really hope they sort it out by the next one.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-11-04 19:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I was done with Trahearne and the story when he got my sword.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-11-04 19:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah the story so far is pretty ***. Music is phenomenal, some of the VAs are great, but a majority of the VAs and writing... yeah.

Charging up the stairs to defeat Zhaitan's gatekeeper... a giant airship flies passed and unleashes a barrage of cannon fire...
 Carbuncle.Veteran
By Carbuncle.Veteran 2012-11-04 19:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It's saddening, because the lore is so rich and has such potential... but they really *** up the delivery.

I'd suggest that anyone who wants to become more immersed in the GW lore should watch this:

And his other videos. The world, lore and atmosphere of GW is absolutely phenomenal.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-11-04 19:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sort of holding onto hope that they flesh it out more as we go. I want to see what's going on with Palawah Joko and the Canthan Emperor with my own eyes. I wanna see what's going on with the remaining Seers that were alluded to in the most recent GW1 addon. All kinds of stuff... lots of potential. Let's hope they use it all.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-11-04 19:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

Took you that long? I saw him read one line and wanted him gone. Destiny's Edge is a whole other can of worms I try to drown out with good thoughts. Things like Charr and Asura being themselves.

The events of Claw Island were so ridiculously telegraphed especially after my partner started dropping some lines. I was waiting for someone to drop a line about being 'two weeks away from retirement' it was so obvious what was about to go down.

I was too busy laughing at the whole ordeal to realize that this was supposed to be evoking another emotion.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-11-04 19:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't hate on Tybalt, he's the best NPC in the game.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-11-04 20:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Don't hate on Tybalt, he's the best NPC in the game.

Tybalt wasn't bad but the Norn guy with the Vigil? He basically said "I'm going to die" in the mission before Claw Island.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-11-04 20:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Double.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-11-04 20:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

apples
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-11-04 20:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It also didn't help that once your story arc ends and the main story begins your character morphs into another person entirely. Was it by design your character takes a backseat to the most boring protagonist? Seems so.

With the introduction of the last Elder Dragon (least thats what I think it'll be) with the Lost Shores perhaps they'll get into detail with your place in the world and why the dragons are doing their best impression of Mass Effect Reapers.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-11-04 20:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
English-speaking players almost never have their queries responded to, very likely because the devs arn't looking at them. Take a look at this thread, it's a response to a JP player outright telling him what the Enhances Third Eye trait on the Kogarasumaru does.

I'd like an occasional FAQ post by the devs answering questions like, what the hell does this gear/trait/ja/spell do and get real answers that look in to how the game works.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-11-04 20:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
I'd like an occasional FAQ post by the devs answering questions like, what the hell does this gear/trait/ja/spell do and get real answers that look in to how the game works.

Taking some of the mystery out of some food effects would be nice.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-11-04 20:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »

Took you that long? I saw him read one line and wanted him gone. Destiny's Edge is a whole other can of worms I try to drown out with good thoughts. Things like Charr and Asura being themselves.

The events of Claw Island were so ridiculously telegraphed especially after my partner started dropping some lines. I was waiting for someone to drop a line about being 'two weeks away from retirement' it was so obvious what was about to go down.

I was too busy laughing at the whole ordeal to realize that this was supposed to be evoking another emotion.

I was hoping he was just gonna be a random side character that would hang around for a few missions ala Apatia. But after that whole mission to the Grove I knew he was in it for the long haul and was just disgusted to the point I dont even do the story on my other characters.
 Carbuncle.Veteran
By Carbuncle.Veteran 2012-11-04 20:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm intrigued about the sixth dragon, Palawah Joko, Glint's baby, Seers, Nightmare Court and Asuran world domination. I'm pretty sure they'll do the next major storyline addition better. They're aware that Zhaitan's story wasn't perfect.
 Carbuncle.Veteran
By Carbuncle.Veteran 2012-11-04 20:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
It also didn't help that once your story arc ends and the main story begins your character morphs into another person entirely. Was it by design your character takes a backseat to the most boring protagonist? Seems so.

With the introduction of the last Elder Dragon (least thats what I think it'll be) with the Lost Shores perhaps they'll get into detail with your place in the world and why the dragons are doing their best impression of Mass Effect Reapers.

Well we don't really know what the dragons are doing. We know that Kralkatorrik is in the Crystal Desert warring with Palawa Joko and that Primordius is warring with the dwarves underground.

Other than that, the dragons are a bit mysterious. I'm assuming that the deep sea dragon is effecting Cantha a lot, and that Jormag is messing with the Charr in the Blood Legion homelands maybe?

I don't think the Lost Shores will have a dragon, more likely a champion of the DSD.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-11-04 20:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I suspect that, if there's any dragon for Lost Shores, it'll be the water one that forced the Quaggan and Krait from the endless sea.

Tbh though I personally expect to fight Primordius or Jormag next, maybe Khalkatorrik
 Carbuncle.Veteran
By Carbuncle.Veteran 2012-11-04 20:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It wouldn't surprise me if the one time only event was the DSD rising out of the water. Zhaitan raising out, rose Orr, so maybe something similar will happen with the lost shores.

My favourite dragon is Primordius, he's the one i'm mostly interested in, followed by Kralkatorrik.
 Carbuncle.Veteran
By Carbuncle.Veteran 2012-11-04 20:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Jormag and Kralkatorric have the biggest visible presence thus far. (other than Zhaitan obv)

You see some destroyers, but far more icebrood and branded.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-11-04 20:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm interested in Primordius just 'cause dwarves and the fact that it'd be some continuity from GW1, The Great Destroyer only being one of his Lieutenants despite being one of the most powerful foes we faced, and we killed a damn God.

Most likely we'll be seeing Jormag next tbh. I don't expect Kralkatorrik to make an appearance until we're ready to go to Elona since he'd serve as a pretty good gateway.

Wondering about the Tengu too. Probably be able to get into the Dominion of Winds around the same time we get to go to Cantha and overthrow the biggot emperor.
 Carbuncle.Veteran
By Carbuncle.Veteran 2012-11-04 20:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

There will probably be some plot device about bringing the Tengu back to Cantha, so it wouldn't surprise me if we get into the dominion of winds around the time we sail to Cantha.

Cantha would make a logical next expansion, seeing as Zhaitan was pretty much the only thing stopping any of us getting there. I initially thought that they'd keep the DSD as the last dragon we fought, but I'm starting to suspect that it'll be a major force in Cantha. I somehow feel like it may have even had a hand in the fact that Cantha became so bigoted, due to the fact that I'm pretty heavily under the belief that each dragon is essentially an anti god, with the DSD being the manifestation of Lyssa (and therefore illusion and tricking the emperor into doing something he did not intend).

If the DSD turns out to be in fact, two smaller dragons then I feel like my gods = dragons hypothesis will be correct.

Though we could quite as easily head north, past Frostgorge Sound to head to the northern shiverpeaks and the Blood legion homelands, and face Jormag.

You are right though, Elona is pretty much doing its own thing atm.

I'm also curious about the Jade Sea in Cantha too, seeing as it should have reverted back to the sea when we killed Shiro Tagachi. I'm more intrigued on the fact that Shing Jea monastery is now connected to the mainland.
 Fenrir.Kuzuryu
Server: Fenrir
user: demendred
By Fenrir.Kuzuryu 2012-11-04 22:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Anesthesia said: »
Fenrir.Kuzuryu said: »

:) :(
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7