Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » heavy metal plates adjustment
heavy metal plates adjustment
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Gimpness 2012-01-27 00:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought ryunohige still raped it... :x but i guess OAT would be okay to use, would just think on anything that mattered the damage would be too low. But then again.. not really gonna be doing anything that matters on drg if you have other jobs.
By Gimpness 2012-01-27 00:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Lolserj said: »
Gimpness said: »
whats wrong with cheating

nothing, it just gets you (mostly me) banned ;_;

you deserved it though

I love you too.
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-01-27 00:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought ryunohige still raped it... :x but i guess OAT would be okay to use, would just think on anything that mattered the damage would be too low. But then again.. not really gonna be doing anything that matters on drg if you have other jobs.

Base damage matters less with a high %mod WS. Yeah, Ryunohige should still win, but is it really worth the 450 mil? XD

Kogarasumaru on the other hand...
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-27 00:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

you deserved it though

I love you too.
What did you do? <.<
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-01-27 00:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »

you deserved it though

I love you too.
What did you do? <.<

Moving while resting to out pop VNMs over people
By Gimpness 2012-01-27 00:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »

Base damage matters less with a high %mod WS. Yeah, Ryunohige should still win, but is it really worth the 450 mil? XD

okay.... i was talking to my friend about that...

wouldn't koga be *** amazing with shoha?

he said it still sucks monkey penis... :x I disagree! but I haven't really been playing for a while, just started a new char last week -_- and i'm in full perle on bst so i feel i'm in no spot to comment on other people's gear for the moment lol.
By Gimpness 2012-01-27 00:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said: »
Siren.Kalilla said: »

you deserved it though

I love you too.
What did you do? <.<

Moving while resting to out pop VNMs over people

jesus, you answered that faster than I did. Stalker!

edit: I should get gimps back if they're restore thing ever comes back online or whatever it is (at least that's what the dude said when i talked to them a bit ago...) but I'm not really counting on it actually happening -_- Should really be able to catch up to what I had in about a month or two. Been a week... gimme another and I'll have a couple usable (by my standards...) jobs.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-27 00:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

okay.... i was talking to my friend about that...

wouldn't koga be *** amazing with shoha?

he said it still sucks monkey penis... :x I disagree! but I haven't really been playing for a while, just started a new char last week -_- and i'm in full perle on bst so i feel i'm in no spot to comment on other people's gear for the moment lol.

Koga would be absolutely amazing for Shoha.
By Gimpness 2012-01-27 00:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

assumed so -_- Lakey, if you be readin this... go back to whm :p
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-01-27 00:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Shoha-rasumaru makes me want to level SAM.

But, SAM is wayyyy to mainstream.
By Gimpness 2012-01-27 00:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

dnc's gimp.

wut now sucka

but no, it is.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-01-27 01:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

dnc's gimp.

wut now sucka

but no, it is.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-01-27 01:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Gimpness 2012-01-27 01:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gaspee said: »

By Gimpness 2012-01-27 01:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-01-27 01:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

i guess it's a good thing i have water absorb
[+]
By Gimpness 2012-01-27 01:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

mrfish.jpg

BRBwinning
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-01-27 01:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I spent about 200mil on the 90->95 trial. Don't even care.

At the moment there are three things for me to do in game right now:
1) Farm gil in some way.
2) Do Voidwatch.
3) Do Einherjar.

Gil doesn't have a purpose unless I have something to buy with it.
Voidwatch is limited by my tolerance for horrible fights and the rate at which shout groups happen.
Ein is limited to once every three days (or just twice per week).

I am looking forward to seeing "Farm Gil" fall off my list, but it isn't like it'll leave me with a wealth of things to do in the game.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-01-27 02:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So, if I get this right, people use to talk about how Drakesbane was one of the best WS in the game and it make Mythic DRG one of the strongest DD in the game.

Then someone figured out Drakesbane had an attack penalty and it made Drakesbane from awesome to crap?

Now, is this because people were mathing it out without the penalty, and now that its known, they remathed it and its just not as good, or are people just seeing attack penalty and going "loldrg"?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-27 02:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It's mostly them not knowing fully what they're talking about.
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-01-27 02:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So it was them mathing it out without knowing of the attack penalty?

Seems weird it went so long without knowing about it.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-01-27 03:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I was always impressed with Drakesbane on paper and couldn't understand why it underperformed my expectations in game. I was attributing it to the lack of Berserk, which was apparently only half correct.

And yes, the one set of comparisons I worked out between a 95 Ukon and 95 Ryunohige did not include the attack penalty.
By afterdarkk 2012-01-27 03:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Very curious as to how it would stand up against ukon now asuming both 99
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-01-27 03:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, they would approximately tie, I think. It won by about 10% at 95 (iirc) without the 20% attack penalty and assuming a lower crit rate boost on Ukon. Now it gains +15% Drakes damage but loses 20% attack.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-01-27 04:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing I have to ask is of SE: was the attack penalty on Drakes really necessary? :/
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-01-27 04:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

At the time, Drakes would have been a majorly "unbalanced" WS without the attack penalty. Now the attack penalty isn't really necessary.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-01-27 04:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-01-27 06:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
Asura.Malekith said: »
Hate to break it to the complainers but there are people who have completed the trial, we've all seen the screen shots. Fact is, if you really want it you'll find a way. If you'd rather spend time wishing the requirements were easier, I guess you don't want it as bad as you think you do.

i have enough gil right now to buy 1500 plates outright @ 100k piece. but i'm not stupid enough to shell out 150m (and literally spend EVERYTHING i have) on 1 trial upgrade.

the fact is its a little too overboard for 1 trial, i like the fact that they made it harder, making only the people serious about their weapon able to continue with upgrades. but really? 150m? i can make a relic and still have 50m left over for that price :/, also what about all the people that want to upgrade 2 or 3 weapons to 99? pretty much out of the question lol.

granted prices will probably drop eventually but more than likely not by much. since so many people are "eligible" for upgrade to that trial there will be many people still trying to collect 1500 plates. there's just not enough generated to go around atm which is why the 100k price tag. i think a year from now they might drop to 60k if we are lucky... that's still 90m for a trial upgrade.

so i honestly see why people are complaining.

For 150 million, i'd make a relic instead of getting one upgrade.
The number of plates to have is decent, but the drop rate sucks too bad. I won't buy any plate, i'll wait for Legion or any new content to see if they drop more.
If not, i'll just be patient and spend money on relics.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-01-27 07:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said: »
The number of plates to have is decent, but the drop rate sucks too bad. I won't buy any plate, i'll wait for Legion or any new content to see if they drop more.

I never understand why people make this argument, so perhaps you can enlighten me.

Who is better, the SAM with a 95 Amano and 90 Masamune, or the SAM with the 99 Masamune?

Who is better, the WAR with 95 Amano and 90 Ukon, or the WAR with the 99 Ukon?

Who is better, the DNC with a 75 Mandau and 90 Twashtar, or the DNC with a 99 Twashtar?

Why collect a lot of good weapons instead of going for the best weapon? It is a substantial time investment to make any of these options. Why invest the time so you can be "good" on multiple jobs instead of "great" on one job?
 Gilgamesh.Hunewearl
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Yuffy
By Gilgamesh.Hunewearl 2012-01-27 07:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said: »
Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
Asura.Malekith said: »
Hate to break it to the complainers but there are people who have completed the trial, we've all seen the screen shots. Fact is, if you really want it you'll find a way. If you'd rather spend time wishing the requirements were easier, I guess you don't want it as bad as you think you do.

i have enough gil right now to buy 1500 plates outright @ 100k piece. but i'm not stupid enough to shell out 150m (and literally spend EVERYTHING i have) on 1 trial upgrade.

the fact is its a little too overboard for 1 trial, i like the fact that they made it harder, making only the people serious about their weapon able to continue with upgrades. but really? 150m? i can make a relic and still have 50m left over for that price :/, also what about all the people that want to upgrade 2 or 3 weapons to 99? pretty much out of the question lol.

granted prices will probably drop eventually but more than likely not by much. since so many people are "eligible" for upgrade to that trial there will be many people still trying to collect 1500 plates. there's just not enough generated to go around atm which is why the 100k price tag. i think a year from now they might drop to 60k if we are lucky... that's still 90m for a trial upgrade.

so i honestly see why people are complaining.

What if you have no relic/mythic left to obtain and you have all the buyable gear possible?

Exactly, that's where your money go. Doesn't change the fact that it's a seriously big number, I agree, but we are not all in the same boat.

Quote:
Why collect a lot of good weapons instead of going for the best weapon? It is a substantial time investment to make any of these options. Why invest the time so you can be "good" on multiple jobs instead of "great" on one job?
You can also just get both to 99 and be awesome on one job.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8