users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » heavy metal plates adjustment
heavy metal plates adjustment
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By afterdarkk 2012-01-26 20:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Zeyphr said: »
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
I fail to understand the difference between killing something with a WS ~1000 times and buying 1500 heavy metals.

Sure.

I've already completed one and 2/3 towards completing the other.

How far are you?

You save 150mil? Seriously, would you spend 150mil on a onion dagger? Thats kinda what the trial is rewarding u with, an upgrade to that stature. Yeah yeah you can then do the trial for 99, heard you say it like 20 times, how bout we focus on the 95 requirements and wether or not the cost justifies it.

Why do you keep saying this thicko! Im pretty sure relics cost around 130-150 mil gil depending on which you do lol, Sure some of there trials were ws after they had already spent that huge chunk of gil getting the 75 version.

Lets not forget the 95-99 relic stage is looking to be around 200-400 mil.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-01-26 20:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, well, when you feel like arguing against a point I'm arguing for, and you're through setting up a strawman so even someone like you can knock it down, let me know.
By afterdarkk 2012-01-26 20:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
My point is that tedium aside, WS killshots are laughable in comparison to HMPs, and as such your comparison was bad.

People didn't do the relic WS killshots simply because it opened the gates to another trial, people did the relic WS killshots because they were easy and could be soloed and opened the gates to other trials (also previous investment was a lot higher, something Empyreans don't have going for themselves)

Another tool bag the empy weapons were jokes to make 80-90 version and it jsut happens they got there ws and the amazing aftermath at level 85.

Relics had already paid 150 mil for there 75 stage and then they got the ws killshot trials, empy are jsut paying the price at a later stage.

Again lets not forget the final stage of relics is going to be hugely expensive you have nothing to complain about gil wise making a empy.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-01-26 20:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, well, when you feel like arguing against a point I'm arguing for, and you're through setting up a strawman so even someone like you can knock it down, let me know.

When you're done trying to squeeze 6 years of relic entitlement into 1, let me know.
[+]
 Shiva.Squally
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Squally 2012-01-26 20:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The most annoying part of this thread is people whining about getting great weapons. Yes 1500 Heavy Metal Plates take time to get, yes there is a lot of competition for them because everyone decided to go for empyreals when they were easy. You're in the market for a high demand good. Is it expensive? Of course it is. There are probably 1000 people on your server with an average of 2 empyreals if not more.

Why complain about it? It serves the purpose it is meant to. Relics/Empyreals/Mythics were meant to be a luxury once upon a time. Have you seen the Mythic trials? Anyone who argues that an empyreal trial is worse than a Mythic trial hasnt looked it up and hasnt cared to look. Empyreals were the easy route, that is why people took them if you're not happy with the level 90 version work for the level 95 version. If you dont wanna do that then stop your whining and enjoy the game with your 90 version. You argue that it only gives a few petty points of damage and stat boost; well its obvious that you want said damage and stat boost so it must not be worthless. It has value, as it does to many many people who want the same thing. A very real fact is that once you get to 95 and 99 you are probably (in most cases) going to still slaughter the corresponding relic in raw damage since most were meant to be utility weapons.

The point is there is no reason to complain. Mythic and relic holders have to front 99% of the effort to be able to use it at all in any manner. Even once they get it, its worthless compared to any other weapon until you finish some meager trials. So you basically have a 100m doorstop. That is why relic trials are so much easier to complete; same with Mythic. If anyone has it rough its mythic trials just because of the tedious quests and requirements.

Moral of the story: deal with it. These are meant to be a reward for those who put the effort into them and it should not be easier.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-01-26 20:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

People seem to forget that for how easy it is to get a working emp, it's pretty understandable SE had no choice but to put a trial such as this one to try and halt everyone from achieving multiple finished weapons too soon.

At least this way people who finished multiple emps will have to take a step back and think which they want to keep upgrading and which aren't worth putting as much time into.

Abyssea got everyone and their mules too many capped jobs, too many Maat caps, in a game where EXPing a job to its max was as time taking as the old days endgame events. It seems pretty obvious that SE forced the latest updates on itself. We are just too used to the Abyssean bliss.

Want to get one awesome weapon with lvl 99 inscribed on it? Get to work.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-01-26 20:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Squally said: »
empyreals

[+]
By afterdarkk 2012-01-26 20:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Relic final stage alone is going to be more than empy 90-99 if they stay the numbers need now, relics paid 130-150 mil sometimes more for the 75 versions.

I know your going to come back and say well you can solo dyna now which is true but not everyone does this and most the relics were made long before this.

However you do know you can go do dynamis sell the currecny then buy heavy metal plates so if you want to get technical about relics you can do the exact same for your 95 empy.

The only gripe you have which is legtimate is the ammouint of plates for sale but gil wise not a chance.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-01-26 20:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, probably the best solution to this problem is simply allowing the player to dip down to the WoE trials at any time if they can't handle the real emp trials. That way, they can further their weapon to their own level and ability.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-01-26 21:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, probably the best solution to this problem is simply allowing the player to dip down to the WoE trials at any time if they can't handle the real emp trials. That way, they can further their weapon to their own level and ability.

I couldn't come up with a better response to this other than this:

Seriously.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-01-26 21:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

1500 doesn't bother me at all. Just wish they dropped from somewhere other than voidwatch.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-01-26 21:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

They'll probably increase the supply in the future chapters of Voidwatch, but not the amount required.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-26 21:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
They'll probably increase the supply in the future chapters of Voidwatch, but not the amount required.
I wouldn't expect it... >.>;
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-01-26 21:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said: »

I couldn't come up with a better response to this other than this:

Seriously.

Well there you go. The current way of doing things is too hard, so you don't want to do it.

Lowering the difficult and rewarding you with a weapon that matches the effort you put into it doesn't work either.

What else is left? You want more reward for less effort, which happens to be what abyssea life is like. You've just proven my point, I rest my case.
By Fupafighters 2012-01-26 21:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I was referring to farming them alone. A person can solo farm dyna and build a relic in 3 months and get all trials done in weeks after, for a comparison.
Because everyone loves playing one of the 3 jobs that can farm dynamis with ease.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-01-26 21:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh Ihina.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By afterdarkk 2012-01-26 21:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone serious about building a 95 emp would farm dyna and sell the currecny to fund it if they didnt have the gil, not to mention you could probably buy the plates daily doing it that way i always see a few everyday in bazaars.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-01-26 21:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fupafighters said: »
Also, I was referring to farming them alone. A person can solo farm dyna and build a relic in 3 months and get all trials done in weeks after, for a comparison.
Because everyone loves playing one of the 3 jobs that can farm dynamis with ease.

At some point, one has to decide whether an action is worth taking or not. Want to make a couple mil in 2h? Do it. Don't want to? Don't do it. It's your freedom.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-01-26 21:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Well there you go. The current way of doing things is too hard, so you don't want to do it.

Lowering the difficult and rewarding you with a weapon that matches the effort you put into it doesn't work either.

What else is left? You want more reward for less effort, which happens to be what abyssea life is like. You've just proven my point, I rest my case.

How are people still thinking HMP trials are hard and challenging? I don't think spending weeks scouting out bazaars and getting items before other players is riveting in any way, shape, or form.

If you do, you might want to start shopping at walmart on black friday and other holiday sales. At least then there's kicking, screaming, and possibly blood.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-01-26 21:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So you don't think it's hard, but you don't want to do it anyways.

Clearly, this is a good use of my time. Does anyone have anything to say that doesn't involve a meme? Words aren't hard, don't let them scare you.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-01-26 21:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly, this is a good use of my time. Does anyone have anything to say that doesn't involve a meme? Words aren't hard, don't let them scare you.

[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-01-26 21:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

sƃuıɥʇ puɐʇsɹəpun ʇ,uop noʎ ʎɥʍ əq ʇsnɯ sıɥʇ ¿uʍop-əpısdn noʎ əɹɐ ʎɥʍ
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-01-26 21:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, I'm done here then.

I swear, I only see this much childishness on this forum.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-01-26 21:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Good, now this topic can continue along thoughtfully.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-01-26 21:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-01-26 21:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Nevermind that it was pointed out by both sides that this is simply a QQ thread.

Sorry, did reality come knocking at the door again?
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-01-26 21:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

----------------------->
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-01-26 21:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Nevermind that it was pointed out by both sides that this is simply a QQ thread.

Sorry, did reality come knocking at the door again?

Thought you left? A liar and a hussy, shame on you!
 Sylph.Zohnax
Server: Sylph
user: Baelfael
By Sylph.Zohnax 2012-01-26 21:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Derail much? :x
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8