users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » heavy metal plates adjustment
heavy metal plates adjustment
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Zeyphr 2012-01-26 18:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Then either don't play or don't do it.

All I'm hearing is, "Why do I have to go out of my way and do something I don't usually do to obtain one of the strongest weapons in this game?"

The improvement from 90 to 95 isn't an improvement that needs a pricetag of 150mil, its minimal at most. The weapon is still powerful at 90, 95 won't make no difference its 99 that probobly will, that is why people whine. Why should people spend there time doing the same thing 2 months straight for a minimal upgrade that probobly isn't even noticeably different until 99.

You keep QQing about how abyssea killed this game, yet your plans contradict your statements so much. I'd much rather redo abyssea than go dynamis everyday for 2months dualboxing mind you, to get a MINIMAL upgrage. Dynamis everyday is boring
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-01-26 18:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

All I'm hearing is, "Why do I have to go out of my way and do something I don't usually do to obtain one of the strongest weapons in this game?"

its not the final stage though...it's a minor upgrade to get to the final stage trial -.-;

also, if you don't like people QQing then why you posting in a QQ thread? (idonteven)
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-01-26 19:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it does sound like you'd want to go through another Abyssea.

Hopefully, this game won't ever go through something like that again.

You know what else gives minimal upgrades? Doing relic WS kill shots a thousand times. Why did everyone with a relic do it? Because it opens up a path to an even stronger upgrade.

That's the point you'll come to realize once you get rid of your tunnel vision.
By Zeyphr 2012-01-26 19:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

What the flip are you on about lol. Read what i said, i said i'd rather redo abyssea than do dynamis everyday. If someone does dynamis everyday and plan to for the rest of their XI career, I'd think they need to go outside and see the sun.

But honestly, how can u defend this trial, if dyna limited the amount of currency u could gain per run to 50, would you be happy? Would you think it's a good idea to stop everyone having relics?

The WS killshots were a simple trial due to the extreme lengths people went to, to gain a relic back when they were difficult. They didn't change when dyna did. They were a simple trial.

And your telling me not to play because the trial is tedious? Why didnt u quit then abyssea came out if you HATE is so much? Seriously, stop QQing and take your own advice.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-01-26 19:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what else gives minimal upgrades? Doing relic WS kill shots a thousand times. Why did everyone with a relic do it? Because it opens up a path to an even stronger upgrade.

and i'd rather do relic ws killshots, than 1500 heavy metal plates. there isn't enough to go around because demand is too high >.>

maybe you'll see what i'm talking about if you actually attempt to collect 1500 plates and you'll come to realize what we are talking about once you get rid of your tunnel vision.
[+]
 Bismarck.Markas
user: Markas83
By Bismarck.Markas 2012-01-26 19:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

and im sure that the entire time you were supposedly making the millions that you have these thoughts never crossed your mind at all? nope, too elite for that right?
By Nevill 2012-01-26 19:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »

and i'd rather do relic ws killshots, than 1500 heavy metal plates. there isn't enough to go around because demand is too high >.>

maybe you'll see what i'm talking about if you actually attempt to collect 1500 plates and you'll come to realize what we are talking about once you get rid of your tunnel vision.

This is the problem I have...

The real issue is Emps were too easy to obtain to start with to follow up with a trial like this. 3 billion people have a level 90 and all want the plates...
[+]
 Bismarck.Markas
user: Markas83
By Bismarck.Markas 2012-01-26 19:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

what nevill said
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-01-26 19:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone needs to calm down.

And what is this 50 currency thing? Just a random number you pulled out of thin air. How does that relate to Heavy Metals?

Do a set of Qilins. As a group, you're going to come out with anywhere from 70-100 Heavy Metals. It's not like there's a shortage of them around.

And I can defend this trial because it stops people from having easy access to some of the most powerful weapons in this game. Simple as that. People who don't put lots, I repeat: a lot, of effort into something doesn't deserve to have the item.

All I see here are a group of people, coming off of easy mode, still wishing they were still in easy mode. Boo-hoo.

PS. I don't hate abyssea. I hate the gimme-gimme mentality that abyssea created.

PPS. I'm 940/1500, and it's been a bit under a month.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-26 19:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's all just accept SE *** up, planned out empyrean weapons completely wrong, and threw in a time sink randomly where it didn't fit at all.

At the moment it currently is:

We get a taste of what the WS can do, but to progress further we must complete a huge trial for very little increase in performance.

What it should of been (sorry):

We get the weapon we got at 80, but as it progressed further we got the attributes but not the WS. At 95 we would of got the WS (I said sorry...) and the trial would actually make sense.

What would I have voted for if SE gave me the option? #1 of course, cause I don't want to do 1500 plates to get what I want. I'm not sure why the trials are suddenly harder honestly... actually I do. It was the relic owners crying about SE introducing a weapon that could be made in a day that out performed their relics, so they wanted something to slow the empyrean owners down so relic owners could once again reclaim the lead as the most damaging damage dealers in the land. Your performance at 90 isn't going to be much lower than it would be at 99 with the aura.

SE just didn't think this process out at all and are acting like they are on drugs, seriously. I don't know how else to explain it but they all sit in a circle and smoke weed while discussing the amazing ways to make us furious.

Just my thoughts on the whole topic.
[+]
By Zeyphr 2012-01-26 19:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

And I can defend this trial because it stops people from having easy access to some of the most powerful weapons in this game. Simple as thing. People who don't put lots, I repeat: a lot, of effort into something doesn't deserve to have the item.

I am calm lol, but your missing the point. This trial doesn;t reward you with the strongest weapon. Its a minimal upgrade and the trial should represent that.

Just because your coping with it doesn't mean others are. Everyone has an emp weapon that they want to upgrade.

Also the game is still easy, just as easy as it was before. The only difference is the droprates.
[+]
 Bahamut.Atoreis
Server: Bahamut
user: Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-01-26 19:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how ppl whine that avg player cant get 95 because cant play 6h everyday.

Thats the whole point guys, 95-99 Empy are not for avg players.
SE is generally stupid but they made oother options like WoE and ToM for a reason - You are casual? Cant do 95-99? Do WoE or ToM.

Best stuff in mmorpgs are not for casual players.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Zeyphr 2012-01-26 19:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Atoreis said: »

SE is generally stupid but they made oother options like WoE and ToM for a reason - You are casual? Cant do 95-99? Do WoE or ToM.

Why allow them to make the weapon in the first place if they can;t finish it?
[+]
By Nevill 2012-01-26 19:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

But that's not the point.

First off, not whining, just stating my opinion. Like I said, Emps were initially too easy to get. So, you know what you have now? You have a lot of casual players competing with not casual players for items making it harder on everyone.

Honestly, only reason I have an emp is because how easily obtainable they are. Had they not been easy, I would never had started it.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-01-26 19:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

More appropriately, they should have scaled the difficult of the trials properly.

I believe they overlooked the fact that NMs like Glavoid would be reduced to a complete joke after, oh I don't know, another 15-19 levels. Everyone feels entitled to be able to complete the next trial as easily as they did the previous trial.

Far as I'm concerned, getting a relic to 95, before neo-dynamis, is just as "hard" as getting an emp to 95.

Also:
Quote:
This trial doesn;t reward you with the strongest weapon. Its a minimal upgrade and the trial should represent that.

See:

Quote:

You're asking questions I already answered. The actual upgrade doesn't matter. Do you think it was worth killing #00 for +1dmg on a mage staff? Of course not. The point is, it'll open up to the path to an even stronger upgrade.
 Fenrir.Kelyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Yummee
By Fenrir.Kelyn 2012-01-26 19:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The game needs a place for the elite full time gamers to set themselves apart from the masses.

Getting their weapon capped allows them to strut out around Jueno like a peacock, and feel superior and special. They need that feeling to continue playing, so let them have it.

As a part time gamer, level 90 weapons are just fine for now.
(I will never have the time to get 1500 plates, I would rather use what time I have to go build a relic. lol
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-01-26 19:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Dynamis is 2 hours/day.

If I was elite, I'd have multiple mules on the same account so I could do dynamis multiple times a day. Like some people I know.

It's simply effort vs reward, and if you don't want to put in enough effort, there's no reason for you to obtain the reward.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-01-26 19:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't really see a problem with the HMP trial, but I do think it's dumb to compare WS killshots to HMPs, because WS killshots can be done for free, solo.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-01-26 19:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything in this game takes up time.

There's little difference between using time to farm gil and using time to WS kill stuff.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-01-26 19:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Zeyphr said: »
And I can defend this trial because it stops people from having easy access to some of the most powerful weapons in this game. Simple as thing. People who don't put lots, I repeat: a lot, of effort into something doesn't deserve to have the item.

I am calm lol, but your missing the point. This trial doesn;t reward you with the strongest weapon. Its a minimal upgrade and the trial should represent that.

Just because your coping with it doesn't mean others are. Everyone has an emp weapon that they want to upgrade.

Also the game is still easy, just as easy as it was before. The only difference is the droprates.

It doesn't give you strongest weapon but let you do another trial that gives you strongest weapon (or close to strongest). Since you cant go 90 -> 99 w/o 95 then it should be obvious that being able to do 99 is part of reward from getting 95 (especially that 99 trial is actually easier now).

It's kinda similar to relics when you need to invest 100+M to get 75lv weapon that is not strongest in game but reward you with opportunity to upg it to 99 (by doing much easier trials then initial quest to get 75 vesrion. Obviously beside 95->99 which is now HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE) and actually end up with one of the strongest weapon in game. Only difference is that with relic you meet with this on the start by doing 75 version and for relic you meet that checkpoint at lvl 90->95.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-26 19:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
I don't really see a problem with the HMP trial, but I do think it's dumb to compare WS killshots to HMPs, because WS killshots can be done for free, solo.
OMG

Do any other mages go crazy when someone says HMP and you think Healing MP but they are really talking about heavy metal plates?

IT DRIVES ME CRAZY...
[+]
By Zeyphr 2012-01-26 19:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

You're asking questions I already answered. The actual upgrade doesn't matter. Do you think it was worth killing x00 for +1dmg on a mage staff? Of course not. The point is, it'll open up to the path to an even stronger upgrade.[/quote]

Ws killshots comparison? Really? That was a very simple trial that actually justified the trial due to the rewards it gained.

However, doing dynamis 2months everyday for the same minimal upgrade is ludacris. How can you not see that?

The relics x kills trials offer a similar upgrade as the 90-95 emp trial does and is 100 times easier, how does that make sense?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Zeyphr 2012-01-26 19:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Zeyphr said: »

It doesn't give you strongest weapon but let you do another trial that gives you strongest weapon (or close to strongest). Since you cant go 90 -> 99 w/o 95 then it should be obvious that being able to do 99 is part of reward from getting 95 (especially that 99 trial is actually easier now).

It's kinda similar to relics when you need to invest 100+M to get 75lv weapon that is not strongest in game but reward you with opportunity to upg it to 99 (by doing much easier trials then initial quest to get 75 vesrion. Obviously beside 95->99 which is now HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE) and actually end up with one of the strongest weapon in game. Only difference is that with relic you meet with this on the start by doing 75 version and for relic you meet that checkpoint at lvl 90->95.

As i said earlier, if only veteran players are going to be able to complete these trials why did SE allow casual players to obtain these weapons?

You said it yourself, the relic's 99 will be the strongest. SE tried to reflect the trial requirements to the reward but went overboard with it.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-01-26 19:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything in this game takes up time.

There's little difference between using time to farm gil and using time to WS kill stuff.

There really is.
HMP requires you to sacrifice your main gil-farming methods to complete effectively, WS killshots are free so are only a time-sink and you can still spend the gil on something else.

On top of this, HMPs vs. WS killshots, in terms of man-hours-to-generate, suffer from a coefficient ratio of 18:1.

There's really no reasonable way to compare the two trials. Completely different animals, etc.

Still, HMP is pretty reasonable, especially considering how easy the 99 empyrean trial is slated to be.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-01-26 19:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Do a set of Qilins. As a group, you're going to come out with anywhere from 70-100 Heavy Metals. It's not like there's a shortage of them around.

PPS. I'm 940/1500, and it's been a bit under a month.

You must be incredibly lucky (and your group) did Qilin for over 4hrs yesterday and didn't get squat (unless logs count QQ) and the group only got 3-4 pouches total from those runs.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-01-26 19:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

None ever said Empyrean are made to be easy to get. SE never said that and if you got 85-90 thinking that you will get it to 99 that easy its your own fault.

You should be rather happy that SE allowed to get such powerful weapons(90) so easily instead of whining its not that easy to make those weapons a little stronger(99).

Also I never said 99 relic are better then Empyreans. Its different for many types of weapons and very often they are very close and situationally better.
By Zeyphr 2012-01-26 19:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody said there easy but they are, you can make a empyrean in 2days np.

As for the trials, i'm not saying make it soo easy i can do it in a day. I'm saying if the trials going to be ridiculously difficult that only veterans will obtain it, make the reward justify the work ethic. They should never have let these weps be made in 2days by casuals if they planned to slap them in the face.

I'm happy they let us have powerful weapons, but then again, why did the easiest weapons become the most powerful?
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-01-26 19:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Then you're asking questions to questions that I've already answered, which are questions you already answered.

Ignore the fact that who actually came out on top at the end, why did you feel like starting all over again at the bottom of the chain again?

Do you want to know why? Because you just feel like arguing, even if what you're arguing for isn't something of substance. If you're looking for an outlet to vent some steam, I suggest you go step outside. I'm done wasting my time with you unless you have something new to say.

Anyways, I've used the relic kill example. I've used the mage staff example. I'll finish up by using this example.

A lot of players aren't too interested obtaining the afterglow effect of relic. It's a lot of hard work for a minimal upgrade. Since there is no trial past that, a lot people aren't going to go out of their way to obtain that upgrade. In fact, none of the players I've talked to are looking forward to doing that trial.

However, if there was a trial after the afterglow trial that would turn your weapon into an even stronger one, then people would do it, since it allows them that further upgrade.

If you still don't get it, then oh well.

And of course, I don't have 6 separate character accounts. Even if I did, there's also the hassle of either spending hours scrolling through menus to NPC things, or having to pay attention to the cells market on the AH. It's easier just to bazaar things and go to bed.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8