heavy metal plates adjustment
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-01-26 21:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I never said I'll leave the thread. It's just some of you guys hearing what you want to hear. Again.

Hey, what else is new?

I'm just done arguing with some of you, that is, unless anyone says anything new that's worth commenting on. If you wanna put away the memes and pretty pictures, be my guest.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Fupafighters 2012-01-26 21:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
If you guys had to choose between 150 rare/ex voidwatch dropped heavy metal plates or the system we have now, which would you prefer?

for all we know some guy would be unlucky and they'd never drop for him after months etc
Explain how pouches would work lol
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-01-26 21:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Somewhere along the line, MMOs stopped being about fun and more about "who is willing to dedicate more of their free time into being the best"
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-01-26 21:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm...even if they drop as much as riftsand, it'd probably take about as long to complete. You could get 2 riftsand back-to-back, or you can go 10 runs without seeing a riftsand.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-01-26 22:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just thinking about it, and maybe its because im older or in a different mind frame, but games for me were always about having fun and enjoying my self.

MMOs bring it out more, the mind frame of "im better then you because im better at this game", but then I think about all the other games that have leaderboards and such, FPS etc, and its not about having fun playing, its more about proving you are better then someone else.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-01-26 22:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Given that the entire purpose of the game is to further your character, that's not surprising.

So yeah, you can play baseball or basketball for pacman for fun if you want, but normally, people strive for that high score, or to score the most points, etc; and you most definitely shouldn't think you deserve to play in the NBA just because you play for fun *cough*
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-01-26 22:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Given that the entire purpose of the game is to further your character, that's not surprising.

So yeah, you can play baseball or basketball for pacman for fun if you want, but normally, people strive for that high score, or to score the most points, etc; and you most definitely shouldn't think you deserve to play in the NBA just because you play for fun *cough*

People don't pay to watch me play video games.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-01-26 22:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Not the point.

The point is, if you want the best items, you have to put in the most effort. If you want to be one of the best players, you have to act like one of the best players.

If it's made easy enough where everyone can easily get the best gear, then that trivializes the entire process as well as the entire game.

No one may be paying to watch you play this game, but competition still drives both games.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-01-26 22:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

No, the point is, when I play a video game, everything shouldn't be made to feel like work, it should actually be fun to do so.

But I guess for some people, working while playing is fun for them.

But the point I try to make is, people are just happy having something that is fun for them. It was loads of fun for me playing COR and having wildfire. It didnt make it less fun for me that a bunch of others could do the same. But for some people, having fun is them getting something, while ensuring others don't.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-01-26 23:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, thats the thing that makes me laugh the most about FFXI. Competition. This isn't a competitive game but people always try and work things into a way that it is. IE: HNMs.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2012-01-26 23:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

i plan to upgrade to 99 emp but im selling all my HMP for now and waiting for price to drop. doesnt anyone remember alexanderite selling for 200k each when salvage very first came out? this isnt that much different~
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-01-26 23:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

People weren't completing mythics back then, it's very different. If anything, prices will rise. They've already started to increase here.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-01-26 23:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
you aren't defining an MMO, you're defining a single player offline game Kimble
I have no idea how you came to that conclusion and I'm not sure I want to find out. I would have refined Kimble's statement to specifically encompass PvE MMOs though.

Ultimately and seemingly (but not really) counter-intuitively, your setup is more important the more you're forced to rely on other people. Well, it would be most accurate to say the perception thereof increases given that the actual need for a quality setup is dependent on skill and game difficulty.
 Cerberus.Chinita
Server: Cerberus
user: Mofongo
By Cerberus.Chinita 2012-01-26 23:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop crying, back in the old days relics were worth 300mil+ and even before the 75 was increased it was 200mil+...

What do you want? Everyone with empyrian got it free, they won't make it easy for you to have one of the best weapon of the game for free and it get compared to relics... nah **** that, pay the 100k a piece, and stick with the 1,500.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2012-01-26 23:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

emp 99 give the best afterglow and cost the most so actualy is sort of balanced if you want the best you gotta put in the work
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-01-26 23:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody gives a ***about afterglow.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-26 23:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

BUT MY EPEEN
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-01-26 23:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

What's even worse is it's a piss poor particle effect.

I mean look at this *** ><
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2012-01-26 23:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

if afterglow for emp is crits like im hearing it will be then thats kind of like a unnerfing for my soon to be nerfed ukon, then i very much care about afterglow
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-01-26 23:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Afterglow is pretty worthless because at this point in the game, everyone but like .. SAM and DRG will be benefiting from their own aftermath.
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-01-26 23:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
if afterglow for emp is crits like im hearing it will be then thats kind of like a unnerfing for my soon to be nerfed ukon, then i very much care about afterglow
You're clearly hearing wrong.

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Nobody gives a ***about afterglow.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-26 23:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

No they're hearing right, what they aren't hearing is how it doesn't work for the wielder and is sub-5% crit rate boost.
 Shiva.Keyera
Server: Shiva
user: Keyera
By Shiva.Keyera 2012-01-26 23:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Brief summary of this thread:

1) People attempting to prove points by asking questions, only to be countered by other questions.

2) The crux of the 1500 plate trial was the fact that the v90s are easily obtainable, as opposed to the v95s. This was poor planning on SE's part.

3) HMP = healing MP

4) the v99s are all turning out to be situationally equivalent (staff/club aside) for the same price/time sink.

5) Elitist people are annoying, no one gives a *** about how far along you are in the trial until you post a screeny.

6) No one cares about afterglow.

7) No planned adjustments to the trial, as it evens the playing field for emp/relic/mythic trials to a certain extent. strong effort = strong weapons

8) You're welcome.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-01-26 23:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
No they're hearing right, what they aren't hearing is how it doesn't work for the wielder and is sub-5% crit rate boost.

Don't forget not stacking with Aftermath!
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2012-01-26 23:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

emp 99 give the best afterglow and cost the most so actualy is sort of balanced if you want the best you gotta put in the work

so actualy is sort of balanced if you want the best you gotta put in the work

sort of balanced

balance

You are one of them!!
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2012-01-26 23:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

wait so this afterglow is like sphere? that blows. ok yeah then this metal plate stuff is crap, they should atleast make more of them drop or add metal pouches to all the higher tier VW
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-01-26 23:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Chinita said: »
Stop crying, back in the old days relics were worth 300mil+ and even before the 75 was increased it was 200mil+...

What do you want? Everyone with empyrian got it free, they won't make it easy for you to have one of the best weapon of the game for free and it get compared to relics... nah **** that, pay the 100k a piece, and stick with the 1,500.

It's bogus going from 75 items from one trial to 1500 plates. 750 maybe I'd understand but the fact that some how they multiplied 75 by 20 is kinda weird. At first I thought plates would drop like say Alexandrite since 1500 is needed. But nope, some how they figured abysmal drop rates on pouches would be more appropriate.

The relic price tag back then was pretty damn HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE since some weapons didn't even boost a jobs effectiveness compared to other weapons. Only a few opened up a new play style and utility. (Aegis/Apoc/Ghorn?/Gun/Bow)

-Rag was so-so at the time, most DRKs went for Apoc though.
-Gungnir was a waste at the time, base DMG aside.
-Guttler was good but people thought LOLBST anyways.
-Amano was less effective on HNMs then hagun and on fodder mobs and tomoe was just as good if not better.
-Bravura was arguable as well. Though the utility was pretty nice, Perdu was great for pure DD and an easy 6 hit.

I honestly don't see that as a valid reason to stop people from complaining about Empyreans. Time is money, and at say 85 cap Farming anything from Glavoid/Chloris/Itza/Ulh kind of sucked *** before the KI update. Factor in your time+ a groups time at say 85.

Sure getting an Empyrean post 90~99 Cap was made much easier. But so is getting a relic now. Mythic is still tough to get compared to the later. If anything it was made more difficult due to Salvage/Ein getting outdated. Updates may change that though.

30,000 Alexandrite for a mythic, but at least it dropped like currency(and pouches seemed common). While plates are as tedious as killing an Emp Trial NM without having a 100% drop rate on 1 item. As a reward you can get crap, crap, and more crap before seeing one plate.

It honestly sucks you are forced to buy them for say 100k a pop.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8