[Voidwatch] Moving Loot To Treasure Pool -Denied

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » [Voidwatch] Moving Loot to Treasure Pool -Denied
[Voidwatch] Moving Loot to Treasure Pool -Denied
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-10-20 03:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

SCHs regain is weak as monarchs drink gives more. As long as you proc well, should be able to keep it up full time.
 Sylph.Anariodin
user: anariodin
By Sylph.Anariodin 2011-10-20 03:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If you add the two together, 4/tic instead of 3/tic or 1/tic. that changes the time from 34 tics to 25 tics.
And as you pointed out, if you proc well.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-10-20 03:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

They dont stack.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-10-20 04:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a comprehensive list of VW procs? My LS doesn't quite know it yet and we just go down the line of WS when it says that type...
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-10-20 04:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Think every WS can proc. Only thing i heard that doesnt proc is T1 and T5 nukes.
 Sylph.Anariodin
By Sylph.Anariodin 2011-10-20 04:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Is there a comprehensive list of VW procs? My LS doesn't quite know it yet and we just go down the line of WS when it says that type...
Here ya go

Edit: This was on page 6 of this thread in a spoiler area
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-10-20 04:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

ok duh me... thx lol
 Sylph.Anariodin
By Sylph.Anariodin 2011-10-20 04:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said: »
They dont stack.
I have not gotten the Dusky Periapt of Adaptability yet, so I do not have Monarch's. Hence me being unaware the two do not stack. Sorry.
 Sylph.Anariodin
By Sylph.Anariodin 2011-10-20 04:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
ok duh me... thx lol
np. As the chart lists and from Kimble, Tier 1 of most spells are not procs, except Tier 1 -ga spells, drain, aspir, enfeebles, and ninjitsu. And Tier 5 are not procs either. WS procs are all except relic, mythic, and empyrean. Which include PUP WSs. and SCH's Libra and MV.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [66 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Alkimi
Server: Asura
user: Alkimi
By Asura.Alkimi 2011-12-25 10:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps SE thinks that pooling drops will cause linkshell leaders to demand their members put rare/ex into pool or encourage selling of rare/ex gear.

Here's an idea, why not let the playerbase decide instead of treating us like a bunch of corrupt criminals. Selling rare/ex or 'mercing' drops has been in the game since the start and it's never been a problem. If you LS leader is then demanding that you put rare/ex in pool then just leave that linkshell.

The new Voidwatch has rare/ex on nearly every mob from T4-T6.

Edit: bit of a necro, didn't realise thread was this old.
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-25 10:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll take your logs, and you'll like it. That's balance.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-12-25 10:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
If you LS leader is then demanding that you put rare/ex in pool then just leave that linkshell.
Lol not like they'd even know if you got the thing or not.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-12-25 10:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Quote:
If you LS leader is then demanding that you put rare/ex in pool then just leave that linkshell.
Lol not like they'd even know if you got the thing or not.

Prob will get an idea that you did once they see you with said item.

I mean, its always possible to say you got it in a pick up, but at that point, prob wont see many pick up groups anymore.
By Latifah 2011-12-25 10:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

i don't have any problems with the option of adding rare/ex items to the alliance pool, however.. it can bring lots of drama, like linkshell leaders taking the items first than anyone else, selling the item or items being granted to people with more ls attendance .etc is good that nobody can see your personal pool
 Bahamut.Zangada
Server: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-12-25 10:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Theres absolutely no reason not add the option to pool items u dont want, abyssea has the same option just make it so only u see ur drops. Se just wants ppl to spend more time getting items u want while counltess r/ex gear gets wasted due to se laziness.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2011-12-25 10:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Not allowing item distribution via loot pool is just another gimmick made to extend the life of this slowly dying game. This game has relied heavily on time sink inducing gimmicks. I highly doubt this game would still be around if there was quick leveling back when the game first came out.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2011-12-25 11:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

isn't it obvious. SE clearly wants people to skill-up Woodworking, and they are giving us all the free logs we want
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-25 11:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys stop talking about how all we get is logs! Soon se will claim manifest balancy and stop anything at all in the chests! They will say it's gonna bring down the WW economy
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Server: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2011-12-25 11:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Really, I don't see see anything changing in the drop system for VW. Although the ideas shared in this thread are a good idea, you are forgetting the fact that VW needs to be spammed to keep the market supplied with heavy metal plates. 1400 plates is not at all much if you are doing VW and you are willing to spend the gil to buy as well (relic and mythic owners say hello). How willing are people going to be to do VW if they can spam VW for a couple of weeks and get all the body armor they want? Probably slim.

VW is a fun thing to do, its a neat side event to do. Hope more things pop up soon though.
[+]
 Odin.Liela
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-12-25 11:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, I like it as-is. I may just be jaded and cynical, but it seems like a large part of many linkshells is getting gear for the leaders and the leaders' favorite members, without much thought or care for less-favorite members. Forcing each person to get individual drops restricts that aspect of linkshells nicely.

If they wanted to make it better, they could reduce the amount of ores and logs possible, and allow those drops to be something more useful. If they wanted to make it horribly, terribly worse, they could adjust drops to give more or better drops to people who did more during the fight. In other words, whoever the ls says to come pld will get everything, and whoever the ls says to come assorted stagger jobs will get fewer and poorer drops.

(That became a problem in the old WoE when a group set me to come thf every time to sack so the group could get the boss. This benefited the group, but did not allow me to ever get one of the chests of the top 5 people or whatever. Had it been rotated who sacked, tanked, etc, that would have been one thing. But having one person do it several times in a row so that favorites could benefit and less-favorites had no chance to benefit was not so ok with me.) The same would happen if SE adjusted the drops in VW to whoever did the most, as the leaders and favorites would come pld and other such important jobs every time, while less-favorites were restricted to less useful jobs every time.

Honestly, long boring story short, I think it's fine and fair as-is. Everyone has an equal chance at drops, and everyone gets their own personal drops. It's not a linkshell working to get things for just one or two people.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2011-12-25 12:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I would be fine with voidwatch, if not for the realization that you can do hundreds of runs and never end up with an item you want. A friend of mine who is a main cor has come out with plenty of drops including bodies, yet the only drop he really wanted was the cor bullet from akvan. It's not even a rare drop, yet he's probably 0/300 by now. It's quite *** really.
[+]
 Bismarck.Eburo
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-12-25 12:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't even see this until now.

Regardless, thanks very much to Square-Enix for not *** up Voidwatch too. :3
 Shiva.Xellith
Server: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2011-12-25 12:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Eburo said: »

Sarcasm font shoulda been used?
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-12-25 12:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I've burned through 50~ stones going after Toci's harness, yet went 1/1 on Akvan's body. I don't like spamming Pil, but I will. Only because the alternatives presented in this thread seem alot less desireable.
 Asura.Dtroyy
Server: Asura
By Asura.Dtroyy 2011-12-25 12:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xellith said: »
Bismarck.Eburo said: »

Sarcasm font shoulda been used?
Maybe he is cereal... VW friendly IP most likely.
[+]
 Bismarck.Soranika
user: Soranika
By Bismarck.Soranika 2011-12-25 12:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I stop supporting this idea when a LS leader once stated that rare drops that could be traded goes to the LS instead of staying to the individual who obtained it. Rubbed me the wrong way since I've never heard something like that in two other LS's I've done VW with.

However, that being said, there should be at least a slight increase unique rare/ex base drop, at least 1-2%. Especially with consumable items like the cor bullets. Or increase chance of getting two unique drops from one. Cause nothing gets under my skin more than getting getting an ore or log as my top drop. Heavy metals, riftsands, silver mirrors should at least take priority over getting junk crafting items in that top drop spot if not.

There's really nothing worse than a having a full alliance of 18 people blowing 4-8 runs on a single VWNM 4+ times a week and only 2 people possibly getting something remotely useful, if they can even use it or not get duplicates through out those whole runs. There's more of a reason to keep doing VW for yourself and to help others if it weren't a mass feeling that it was all pointless after a few hundred runs. Buying cells to increase quality of drops when it seems mostly useless to begin with.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-12-25 12:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said: »
Honestly, long boring story short, I think it's fine and fair as-is. Everyone has an equal chance at drops, and everyone gets their own personal drops. It's not a linkshell working to get things for just one or two people.

While I understand where you're coming from, I think your POV misses the fact that very-uncommon R/Ex Voidwatch loot can "drop" to someone who already has that item, and/or to someone who has absolutely no use for it.

I think S-E needs to change the Voidwatch loot system. Not because I support mercenary linkshell work, nor to benefit the stereotypical greedy Linkshell leader ... but rather to avoid completely wasting uncommon R/Ex loot.

I don't see any reason to eliminate the "personal treasure chest". However, not being to disseminate unwanted (but highly desirable!) loot to others in your alliance is an obvious design flaw that needs to be rectified.

If the developers or the players are worried about "being forced" to pool their Voidwatch loot ... a simple alternative solution would be to remove the "Ex" tag off of all Voidwatch loot.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2011-12-25 13:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I love seeing mules get bodies I need and people getting their second and third body(Of the same kind) before seeing my first. If you are against the idea of loot pooled drops due to terrible ls policies or leaders, why don't you just leave?
 Odin.Liela
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-12-25 13:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said: »
Odin.Liela said: »

While I understand where you're coming from, I think your POV misses the fact that very-uncommon R/Ex Voidwatch loot can "drop" to someone who already has that item, and/or to someone who has absolutely no use for it.

I think S-E needs to change the Voidwatch loot system. Not because I support mercenary linkshell work, nor to benefit the stereotypical greedy Linkshell leader ... but rather to avoid completely wasting uncommon R/Ex loot.

I don't see any reason to eliminate the "personal treasure chest". However, not being to disseminate unwanted (but highly desirable!) loot to others in your alliance is an obvious design flaw that needs to be rectified.

If the developers or the players are worried about "being forced" to pool their Voidwatch loot ... a simple alternative solution would be to remove the "Ex" tag off of all Voidwatch loot.

This is true, there are definite problems with it. But I've heard the same sort of things be said that Soranika explained in her post, and it really rubs me the wrong way. I know that my ls would likely be one of the ones to demand that everything be pooled so a select few could obtain drops. I mean, I hate to be rude about my own ls, but even now they make members pay for drops. I recently asked about the prospect of getting a novio earring, and was told by my leaders that after I helped farm the pop sets and fight the boss, I could spend the vast majority of my points on it and be charged 7 million gil, which is the market value for novios currently on Odin. I said thank you and went out and bought my own novio for 6, spending one mil less and no points at all. Their justification is that the money is redistributed to the members when the bank is split monthly, but I really don't agree with this rule. (I don't agree with it on any basis, but especially not since I'd be the only one buying a drop and therefor I wouldn't be repaid by other members also buying drops.) If I can't trust my ls or agree with them on rules for old items like that, then I sure as all hell am not going to trust them with new items. :-(

It's like "Here, open this chest, which is YOURS, and put all items into the community chest. Now if you want this drop which you got, you may pay me a market value that I decide, since it's r/e and has a 'fluid' market value, if you will. Ok, 10 mil for this cute white and blue mage body? Sure. Cough it up and I'll let you lot this thing out of YOUR chest." No thanks. Honestly, no, I'm good. If it came to that, I would leave the linkshell (which is kinda crummy because at this point I don't know of a better linkshell on Odin that is recruiting.) And trust me, if SE allowed it, on my ls it would come to that.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8