[Voidwatch] Moving Loot To Treasure Pool -Denied

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » [Voidwatch] Moving Loot to Treasure Pool -Denied
[Voidwatch] Moving Loot to Treasure Pool -Denied
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-10-19 15:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said: »
just talking in general tamoa, i do like the randomness of voidwatch, just saying, according to the first post there is ppl qqing about the voidwatch loot system and they want the normal pool system .

Wrong.

Even if you ONLY read the first post, you apparently didn't understand what you read.

We want the OPTION to add items from our personal chests to treasure pool.
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-10-19 15:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, it seems the best solution would to just make all VW drops non-R/E. Then people would be happy to trade whatever they needed to whomever they wanted to (or keep the drop.)

Most all the lower-tier (T1/T2) stuff is trade-able or sellable on AH.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-10-19 15:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Is your avatar the feeling you want your posts to evoke from others?
 Leviathan.Dodu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-19 15:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Schutz said: »
Yes, it seems the best solution would to just make all VW drops non-R/E. Then people would be happy to trade whatever they needed to whomever they wanted to (or keep the drop.)

Enjoy your trip back to the dark ages. I'm not interested in paying absurdly inflated prices for any of these things.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-19 15:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm genuinely curious what they think the real problem with the current loot system is. Seems like they think it's droprate, which is true to an extent... but still, the current design just seems like it goes out of its way to arbitraily bone people beyond the normal system. Occasionally getting lucky with a drop loading in your pool is nice, seeing drops rot unnecessarily is not.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-10-19 15:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tamoa said: »
just talking in general tamoa, i do like the randomness of voidwatch, just saying, according to the first post there is ppl qqing about the voidwatch loot system and they want the normal pool system .

Wrong.

Even if you ONLY read the first post, you apparently didn't understand what you read.

You will be obligated by linkshell leadership/members to put that on the pool anyways, and you wont be able to lot the item, it's the same as the normal pool, just like the abyssea treasure coffers
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-19 15:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Wrong.

You will be obligated by linkshell leadership/members to put that on the pool anyways, and you wont be able to lot the item, it's the same as the normal pool, just like the abyssea treasure coffers
Right, because no LS leader ever would give their members the option to keep drops and only put them in pool if they genuinely wish to do so.
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-10-19 15:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Wrong.

What can I say other than sorry you have such a shitty linkshell.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-10-19 15:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

well... the only good thing is that nobody can see what items you actually won, i do not use linkshells, but it used to be like that before abyssea, just like Dodu mentioned before
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-10-19 15:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

well... the only good thing is that nobody can see what items you actually won, i do not use linkshells, but it used to be like that before abyssea, just like Dodu mentioned before

You know, not every shellholder is a greedy selfish *** who runs their linkshell like a dictatorship.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-10-19 15:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

i understand that kin37ix. just saying that the system should not be touched even if you have that item already
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-10-19 15:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, not every shellholder is a greedy selfish *** who runs their linkshell like a dictatorship.

while that is true, I think by this point in time the majority of the populace on this site has experienced this type of linkshell.
 Asura.Wyattdoc
user: wyattdoc1
By Asura.Wyattdoc 2011-10-19 15:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

What a Nazi LS leader no way does that really happen come one now you pulling my feathers :p
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-10-19 15:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
while that is true, I think by this point in time the majority of the populace on this site has experienced this type of linkshell.

If you're in this type of linkshell... leave. It's very simple.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-10-19 15:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann said: »

i guess its not that simple for some people, even at this stage of the game. /shrug
 Leviathan.Dodu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-19 15:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-19 15:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

i guess its not that simple for some people, even at this stage of the game. /shrug
Tossing a pearl is very simple, takes less than 10 seconds to do. I have no sympathy for anybody who finds themselves in that situation, dislikes it, and doesn't do something about it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Wojo
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-10-19 15:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

i wish voidwatch had xp mobs to slaughter, true i havent done zilart, but i do enjoy slaughting VT xp mobs...
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-10-19 15:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're in a linkshell where the leaders get everything and the others only get the scraps, you have nothing to lose by tossing your pearl.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cobblers
user: Ntfc
By Fenrir.Cobblers 2011-10-19 15:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Whole drop system aside, I really enjoy VW. But I guess if like many I had been spamming it for every hour of everyday for the past 3-4 weeks I would be pretty mad right now also.
 Cerberus.Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-10-19 15:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

My linkshell gives every new member 50 or so +2 upgrade items of their choosing immediately upon joining. Old members don't mind generally as they already have everything they want and we play the game simply out of enjoyment of spending time with friends.
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-10-19 15:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cobblers said: »
Whole drop system aside, I really enjoy VW. But I guess if like many I had been spamming it for every hour of everyday for the past 3-4 weeks I would be pretty mad right now also.

My shell's Ochain PLD got the only Anhur Robe.

AN OCHAIN PLD

/emo

/wrists
 Cerberus.Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-10-19 15:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I want that robe for my mule, so i can get the sphere on the main.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-19 16:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno guys. It looks like my mannequin is really enjoying the Mekira Mekiogai that I got from Kaggen last night. Seems like everything is working as intended.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-10-19 16:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Inb4 "Please post your treasure drop pool screenshots for attendance today"?

Seriously though, after reading their stance on Voidwatch, I canceled FFXI, the only reason they'd ever keep such a stupid setup with such an obvious and already mechanically possible fix (Hi Abyssea boxes) just means they want to keep painful grind alive in lieu of decent game design.
 Cerberus.Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-10-19 16:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The trick is to have someone who does NOT want the item to be public about it, and those who actually want it be silent. Then, the NM will be like *** you guys i'm going to give drops to those who don't want.

It all works out perfectly.
[+]
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-10-19 16:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Asymptotic said: »

I dunno guys. It looks like my mannequin is really enjoying the Mekira Mekiogai that I got from Kaggen last night. Seems like everything is working as intended.

Srsly - it really clashes with that rdm hat. Have you no fashion sense? :P

Oh and I'm jelly. :(
By Quiznor 2011-10-19 16:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
I'd like to see Neo ZNMs(It's sort of the system Abyssea had for NMs but bleh) I had so much fun doing those back in the day.

They said they have a full revamp for ZNM planned at a later date
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8