[Voidwatch] Moving Loot To Treasure Pool -Denied

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » [Voidwatch] Moving Loot to Treasure Pool -Denied
[Voidwatch] Moving Loot to Treasure Pool -Denied
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Sylph.Deathknight
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Deathknight 2011-10-19 17:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dodu said: »
I've always blankstared a bit at the whole 'but this system is gearing my mule instead of me' shpeal. Its as if the majority of the anti-VW movement believe that their mules have an inherently higher chance of getting the gear they want for their main. Spoilers: its exactly the same. If it bothers you that much, stop bringing mules. Same drop rate, and your fallacious thought process is eased ever so slightly.

While probability remains the same to obtain the r/x item for each person, the probability for receiving the item is worse than a pooled (any previous end game event) reward system. This is because after each item dropped (and with the same group), your probability of receiving the item increased. Those who previously received the item were removed from the total amount of competition post-item drop. Unfortunately, our "Congrats friend, mine next time!" is invalid.
 Bismarck.Eburo
Server: Bismarck
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-10-19 17:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

So wait, instead of everyone having a small chance to obtain something each run, LS inner circles should go back to a high chance to get their ***and ditch the rest of the members?

GG whoever suggested that.
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-10-19 17:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Eburo said: »
So wait, instead of everyone having a small chance to obtain something each run, LS inner circles should go back to a high chance to get their ***and ditch the rest of the members?

Get a better linkshell
???
Profit
[+]
 Fenrir.Niniann
Server: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-10-19 17:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Something something it's hard to leave shitty shells.

Seriously, if you're in a ***shell, and you complain about it, and don't leave, please just aggro a bunch of mobs, delevel to whatever the lowest level is, toss your gear and storage slips, delete your character and quit XI.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dodu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-19 17:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm in favor of any system that doesn't facilitate your incessant whining over whatever item it as at <point in time> you couldn't get to drop.

And after all, if items could be pooled, you could just buy more gil to accomplish your goals.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-19 17:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The main change I'd make is to at least have the chest do a re-roll on your first item slot if it contains a unique item you already have.

It sucks when you do a 20 minute VW fight and get ganked out of your "first-slot" reward just because you already have the item.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-10-19 17:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Manque said: »
Lakshmi.Emanuelle said: »

We want the OPTION to add items from our personal chests to treasure pool.

Devil's advocate time!

Even with this option being available there still exists the 'power of coercion' possessed by leaders or linkshell 'elite'.

In that, your linkshell leader or officer could demand that you put that fancy rare/ex harness into the pool and let another member lot on it instead of just letting you have it based on the logic that the member they're letting lot has contributed more to the shell over time than you have. And, why wouldn't they? I find this logic to be sound. If you took it in defiance you may very well get the boot from the linkshell entirely.

I like voidwatch because it allows for more flexibility with events and participating in the game for those who are more casual than others.

The only way to avoid this would be to do voidwatch with shout groups. That is something I just don't want to do.

/end Devil's Advocate.

I see this to be the logic that a lot of people defend Voidwatch with.

Fenrir.Niniann said: »

Something something it's hard to leave shitty shells.

Seriously, if you're in a ***shell, and you complain about it, and don't leave, please just aggro a bunch of mobs, delevel to whatever the lowest level is, toss your gear and storage slips, delete your character and quit XI.

Carbuncle.Flionheart said: »

Get a better linkshell
???
Profit

And that's just on this page. I don't think you people can read.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-19 17:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said: »

We want the OPTION to add items from our personal chests to treasure pool.

Devil's advocate time!

Even with this option being available there still exists the 'power of coercion' possessed by leaders or linkshell 'elite'.

In that, your linkshell leader or officer could demand that you put that fancy rare/ex harness into the pool and let another member lot on it instead of just letting you have it based on the logic that the member they're letting lot has contributed more to the shell over time than you have. And, why wouldn't they? I find this logic to be sound. If you took it in defiance you may very well get the boot from the linkshell entirely.

I like voidwatch because it allows for more flexibility with events and participating in the game for those who are more casual than others.

The only way to avoid this would be to do voidwatch with shout groups. That is something I just don't want to do.

/end Devil's Advocate.

I see this to be the logic that a lot of people defend Voidwatch with.
I feel like the solution to this "problem" has already been expounded at least half a dozen times in this thread.

Suck. Less.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-10-19 17:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I trust my shell with both my own and my mules log in. I've consistently given this information to them. I'd suggest trying to form a friendship with your shell and then you'll have no problems.

VOIP is a great way to do this.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-10-19 17:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

VW is shout-group friendly really. You just need to know which leaders know their ***and which yell and scream and don't even understand the basic parameters. A few names come to mind from my server, on both ends.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-10-19 17:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Whatever. lol

One more voice saying the same thing is fine by me. I really don't care.

K, ------->

There's the door.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dodu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-19 17:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Whatever. lol

One more voice saying the same thing is fine by me. I really don't care.

Repetition without a strengthening of your rational is not helpful. If you're without the means to add anything new to the (illogical) position that's been regurgitated several times in this very thread, you're nothing but clutter.

Post deleted by User.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-10-19 17:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if people really wanted a treasure pool, but the ability to keep all their items, the system could be kept as is, so if you don't have it you get it. However, should another pop in your chest when you already have one, dialogue box with the option to put it into the treasure pool. It gives way to both sides of current system vs. treasure pool.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-10-19 17:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Systematicchaos said: »
Well if people really wanted a treasure pool, but the ability to keep all their items, the system could be kept as is, so if you don't have it you get it. However, should another pop in your chest when you already have one, dialogue box with the option to put it into the treasure pool. It gives way to both sides of current system vs. treasure pool.

That's exactly what everyone is talking about wanting >_< Well, the bright people.
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-10-19 18:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said: »

That's exactly what everyone is talking about wanting >_< Well, the bright people.

That's actually different than what we've been talking about. We were talking about -always- having the option to share your chest, he's saying you can only share the item if you already have it.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-10-19 18:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann said: »
Bahamut.Serj said: »

That's actually different than what we've been talking about. We were talking about -always- having the option to share your chest, he's saying you can only share the item if you already have it.

Oh, I didn't really read it admittedly =X just glanced over and saw some of the same points. Ty for catching that haha.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-19 18:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

They're not going to add loot to treasure pools, so there's no point in discussing it.

They'll split waltz timers first.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-10-19 18:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Asymptotic said: »
They're not going to add loot to treasure pools, so there's no point in discussing it.

They'll split waltz timers first.

;_; so mean
 Ragnarok.Loughry
Server: Ragnarok
user: Loughry
By Ragnarok.Loughry 2011-10-19 18:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Something something if players could put their spoils from their own chest into the alliance treasure pool, then ev1 would complain about logs auto dropping into their inventory since the pool can only hold 10 things. 18 people, 3~4 logs per person into the alliance treasure pool...lol
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-10-19 18:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Chill.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-19 18:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just injecting a harsh dose of reality into this thread.

1.) This is like the third time they've said "no" to adding to the treasure pool for Voidwatch. People keep asking for it, they keep saying no - whether it's the right choice or not, they're sticking to their guns.

2.) Both the people on the "Voidwatch is detrimental to linkshells" and the "Linkshells are evil!" side of the discussion are inherently flawed in their logic.

a.) Yes, in the past linkshell leaders abusing linkshell members for major upgrades (Relics, mythics, whatever) while leaving a "trail of minor goodies" to keep people happy not only happened, but I'd say it was actually a quite common occurence back in the "Kings, Dyna, and Sea! Oh my!" days. The people who engaged in such linkshell abuse were often highly manipulative and underhanded and were able to get away with it by recruiting very trusting people and then turning them against each other when necessary to make themselves look better. Over time however, these practices have waned due to the strengthening of the online FFXI community causing reputation to extend way past individual servers. Still, when you break the spirits of trusting people, you end up with paranoid people, so it's understandable that people would have concerns about linkshell-oriented content, especially after Abyssean content made high-end gear so easily obtainable by small mutually-supportive groups.

b.) While Voidwatch doesn't allow us to filter items to those who might need them the most, there are a lot of drops from these NMs, including a lot of money-makers. Additionally, despite being "do-able" in a PUG, experienced linkshells of players who are used to playing together, in my opinion anyway, do it much more effectively and efficiently because everyone has the appropriate atmacites, periapts etc, and people know what roles they should fill as well as communicate more efficiently. But this is really the same thing as Abyssea, where you could theoretically do your Ukonvasara with PUGs, but you're going to have a lot more success with a dedicated group. As such, despite the somewhat convoluted loot distribution system, I'd rather do it with a linkshell that knows what the *** is going on than a PUG any day.

I feel like if they just didn't make ***appear in your chest in the case of a drop you already have, or re-rolled for a different "high-tier" item if you got a rare item you already have in your first slot, there'd be a lot less whining.
[+]
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2011-10-19 18:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like if they just didn't make ***appear in your chest in the case of a drop you already have, or re-rolled for a different "high-tier" item if you got a rare item you already have in your first slot, there'd be a lot less whining.

Yeah I've not seen any response on the SE forum where they replied to this request. Not sure what it would entail programming-wise, but it seems if they are so anti "add a drop to a general pool" this would be the next logical step.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-19 19:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

lol @ linkshells are evil XD
 Bahamut.Vagrua
user: Vagrua
By Bahamut.Vagrua 2011-10-19 19:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Loughry said: »
Something something if players could put their spoils from their own chest into the alliance treasure pool, then ev1 would complain about logs auto dropping into their inventory since the pool can only hold 10 things. 18 people, 3~4 logs per person into the alliance treasure pool...lol

I'd be happy with just one person in the alliance being able to add one item to the treasure pool.
By Inuyasha 2011-10-19 19:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
10-19-2011 12:58 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep
I didn't forget about you guys! I’ve been discussing all of your concerns and comments with the team regarding the Voidwatch drop system, and it has taken some time to reach a final conclusion. It was decided that there will not be any fundamental changes to the drop system to make it possible to add item drops to the treasure pool, as the team does not believe this is not where the main crux of the problem lies. However! The development team will be making adjustments in the future to reduce the overall length of each battle. In addition, when they add more chapters to the Voidwatch system, and introduce even stronger monsters, the drop rates for these tougher challenges will be increased beyond what is currently in place.
yes, because allowing one person to add items to a pool was the bestest thing ever....didnt we learn something in Abyssea?

Quote:
However! The development team will be making adjustments in the future to reduce the overall length of each battle. In addition, when they add more chapters to the Voidwatch system, and introduce even stronger monsters, the drop rates for these tougher challenges will be increased beyond what is currently in place.

content become harder? want to make fight shorter? How bout 15 mins to fight it ;}
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-10-19 19:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Inuyasha said: »
Siren.Kalilla said: »
10-19-2011 12:58 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep
I didn't forget about you guys! I’ve been discussing all of your concerns and comments with the team regarding the Voidwatch drop system, and it has taken some time to reach a final conclusion. It was decided that there will not be any fundamental changes to the drop system to make it possible to add item drops to the treasure pool, as the team does not believe this is not where the main crux of the problem lies. However! The development team will be making adjustments in the future to reduce the overall length of each battle. In addition, when they add more chapters to the Voidwatch system, and introduce even stronger monsters, the drop rates for these tougher challenges will be increased beyond what is currently in place.
yes, because allowing one person to add items to a pool was the bestest thing ever....didnt we learn something in Abyssea?

Quote:
However! The development team will be making adjustments in the future to reduce the overall length of each battle. In addition, when they add more chapters to the Voidwatch system, and introduce even stronger monsters, the drop rates for these tougher challenges will be increased beyond what is currently in place.

content become harder? want to make fight shorter? How bout 15 mins to fight it ;}

Have you ever done voidwatch before? Allowing someone to put their mule's 5th mextli harness into the pool isn't even close to abyssea chests.

Admittedly the biggest problem with Voidwatch aside from the asinine drop system is the ridiculous proc system that shouldn't even exist.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8