[Voidwatch] Moving Loot To Treasure Pool -Denied

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » [Voidwatch] Moving Loot to Treasure Pool -Denied
[Voidwatch] Moving Loot to Treasure Pool -Denied
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-10-19 19:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

i thought that hypocrite was leaving?
By Inuyasha 2011-10-19 19:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Inuyasha said: »
Siren.Kalilla said: »
10-19-2011 12:58 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep
I didn't forget about you guys! I’ve been discussing all of your concerns and comments with the team regarding the Voidwatch drop system, and it has taken some time to reach a final conclusion. It was decided that there will not be any fundamental changes to the drop system to make it possible to add item drops to the treasure pool, as the team does not believe this is not where the main crux of the problem lies. However! The development team will be making adjustments in the future to reduce the overall length of each battle. In addition, when they add more chapters to the Voidwatch system, and introduce even stronger monsters, the drop rates for these tougher challenges will be increased beyond what is currently in place.
yes, because allowing one person to add items to a pool was the bestest thing ever....didnt we learn something in Abyssea?
Quote:
However! The development team will be making adjustments in the future to reduce the overall length of each battle. In addition, when they add more chapters to the Voidwatch system, and introduce even stronger monsters, the drop rates for these tougher challenges will be increased beyond what is currently in place.
content become harder? want to make fight shorter? How bout 15 mins to fight it ;}
Have you ever done voidwatch before? Allowing someone to put their mule's 5th mextli harness into the pool isn't even close to abyssea chests. Admittedly the biggest problem with Voidwatch aside from the asinine drop system is the ridiculous proc system that shouldn't even exist.
I have, didnt get anything of value at all in my chests :|

In that context yes, theres nothing wrong with it.

The proc system IS *** :|
By Inuyasha 2011-10-19 19:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
I only say one thing about a theoretical idea and look who joins in...funny

btw: what does that word mean? cant possibly mean what you think it does....
 Bahamut.Vagrua
Server: Bahamut
user: Vagrua
By Bahamut.Vagrua 2011-10-19 19:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Egh, you can have full procs and it still will take 15-30+ fights to get what you want depending on your luck.
By Inuyasha 2011-10-19 19:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vagrua said: »
Egh, you can have full procs and it still will take 15-30+ fights to get what you want depending on your luck.
yea, we totally capped once or twice during a run and got absoloutely nothing one time :|

its fun...havent gotten to play around with VW much cause whenever theres T1-4 shouts im either too busy or they happen when i need to go to bed for classes the next day :|

also: i remember the procs cycling from one element to the next...ive only done that one VWt1-4 run but is that normal?
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-19 19:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the proc system is nicely implemented, especially the addition of synchronic blitzes, and "vulnerable" periods during which alignment increases are ridiculous. Zilart NMs have additional depth to the system with alignment increases depending on how many pets are dead.

I really don't see why people have so much of a problem with it. It's more interesting than everyone afk while the THFs crit Nidhogg to death to try to get TH10 to proc.
[+]
 Bahamut.Vagrua
By Bahamut.Vagrua 2011-10-19 19:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

also: i remember the procs cycling from one element to the next...ive only done that one VWt1-4 run but is that normal?

Yes, there can be as many as 4+ proc spells at one time possible.
By Inuyasha 2011-10-19 19:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, there can be as many as 4+ proc spells at one time possible.

Quote:
I really don't see why people have so much of a problem with it.

thats kind of the only problem i have :|

otherwise, i like bieng able to proc with other jobs that i have

i mean: 1 spell proc->1 WS proc ->1 JA proc ->1 whatever proc wouldve been just fine not proc all 8 elements of random spells-> proc every WS type-> proc every JA -> proc every whatever.
 Bahamut.Vagrua
By Bahamut.Vagrua 2011-10-19 20:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Asymptotic said: »
I think the proc system is nicely implemented, especially the addition of synchronic blitzes, and "vulnerable" periods during which alignment increases are ridiculous. Zilart NMs have additional depth to the system with alignment increases depending on how many pets are dead.

I really don't see why people have so much of a problem with it. It's more interesting than everyone afk while the THFs crit Nidhogg to death to try to get TH10 to proc.

I think the system is great also. It allows many jobs to be used over most events that they aren't so useful. PUP for an example is great on some Voidwatch NMs since it can throw 2 hate free nukes every minute (if not damaged by an aoe/poison). That's about 1,800-2.5k a minute making it do 54,000-75k dmg alone in a one fight.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-10-19 20:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally disagree with the artificial injection of requiring certain jobs just for their procs. I am in the minority, however.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-19 20:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Procs do not make a job useful for anything but procing. Temps and sheer numbers disguise this by making everyone relatively sturdy and overwhelming the mob by brute force rather than skill, but it's a bandaid on the gaping wound that is FFXI's idea of balance. BLU gets insult added to injury with their additional procing woes.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-19 20:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Blue Magic procs are a little ridiculous due to the spell reset system, it's really the only complaint I have.

Otherwise, you tend to do just fine as long as you have about half of available procs, especially if you save your "easy" ones for TP moves.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-19 20:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, and Wyvern abilities. Screw that.
By Inuyasha 2011-10-19 20:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, and Wyvern abilities. Screw that.
lolwut?

no seriously: huh?what is that?
 Bahamut.Vagrua
By Bahamut.Vagrua 2011-10-19 20:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I was put on BLU once for procing. It was a nightmare!

*Earth magic susceptible*
set spells
*Earth magic proc by someone else in alliance*
reset spells
*Fire magic susceptible*
set spells
*Fire done by someone again in alliance*
reset spells
etc.

x_x
By Inuyasha 2011-10-19 20:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I was put on BLU once for procing. It was a nightmare! *Earth magic susceptible* set spells *Earth magic proc by someone else in alliance* reset spells *Fire magic susceptible* set spells *Fire done by someone again in alliance* reset spells etc. x_x
this was why when i was in the party for the sole purpouse of proc *** i set proc spells first :X

then again...im prolly misunderstanding that our only proc spells for VW are the usual abyssea ones :X
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-10-19 20:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I only say one thing about a theoretical idea and look who joins in...funny

btw: what does that word mean? cant possibly mean what you think it does....

lets see. troll says "*** all of you i'm leaving this site" and yet, here he is. thats what the word means.
 Bahamut.Vagrua
By Bahamut.Vagrua 2011-10-19 20:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

then again...im prolly misunderstanding that our only proc spells for VW are the usual abyssea ones :X
By Inuyasha 2011-10-19 20:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

i misunderstood BIGTIME D:

sorry D:
By Inuyasha 2011-10-19 21:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I only say one thing about a theoretical idea and look who joins in...funny btw: what does that word mean? cant possibly mean what you think it does....
lets see. troll says "*** all of you i'm leaving this site" and yet, here he is. thats what the word means.
I didnt say *** this site~ I said *** the forums you can have them.

Quote:
Hypocrite (N.):
1: a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
2: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings
^(oh and btw this is the word)
"*** all of you~ you can keep your forums~"

doesnt sound like im leaving these forums. Just saying you can keep them...and you can *** off...which you surely can. No Hypocrisy there. Also: i originally stated in the context of that particular thread in which i said i was leaving THAT THREAD. So, please learn to understand context before you call someone a hypocrite,especially when you are what you call me.

Now, before Viciousss turns this into a thread about me again...i'll leave you guys alone...i wanted to learn more from you guys though :| My friends and I really want to get into voidwatch but none of us really know much about it :|
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-19 21:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shut the *** up.

Blue Magic procs are a little ridiculous due to the spell reset system, it's really the only complaint I have.

Otherwise, you tend to do just fine as long as you have about half of available procs, especially if you save your "easy" ones for TP moves.
I try and keep a few spells set for downtime (mostly traits + Regurgitation) so that I can do ***while other people proc instead of constantly tearing my hair out, even if it means getting BLU procs a little slower. Means I can't set but ~2 elements worth of spells though.
[+]
 Sylph.Anariodin
Server: Sylph
user: anariodin
By Sylph.Anariodin 2011-10-20 01:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shortening times is a bad idea, unless procing is made easier.
Some mobs are just too easy to kill with a full set of proc jobs.
I.E. Bastok T1 Sallow Seymour is super easy, but if you want to get procs, you have to be really careful not to kill him before you get good lights.

Denying people the ability to move a R/EX item they already have or have 0 use of is a bad idea. And the rest of the good drops specific to the VWNMs are R, which sometimes means a person who keeps the item gets a double and has to either lose the second item, quickly sell the item to another person, or trust someone to hold it for them until they can sell/DB themselves the item.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-10-20 02:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

How would you suggest they go about balancing jobs Nightfyre? I really enjoy VW and I felt giving each job an equal importance was more than a guise to cover up imbalance but an attempt to make more jobs relevant. I hope they continue with that, I enjoy coming different jobs instead of the same 6.
 Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-10-20 02:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I don't have a problem with the proc system (although I really feel sorry for whoever is on blu), and I find voidwatch fun. I generally don't have a problem with low drop rates either, although something something heavy metal plates something something.

The only thing I have a problem with, is the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE reward system.
 Sylph.Anariodin
By Sylph.Anariodin 2011-10-20 02:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a problem with the proc system for VW.
Prior to the WS/JA upgrade, it was difficult for SMN and BST to proc.
BST still has a bad time until the Family type is found. Most times I see the BST proc as HIGH. The problem here is that BST have to carry around every type of jug pet they can possibly use.
SMN has a problem when trying to proc unless a specific element is found.
The use of a Magic Enhancing Periapt would remedy this problem.
Specifying the job that the magic comes from, i.e. BLU Fire Elemental Spell. This narrows it down just like BST Leech Family.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-20 02:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I think people tend to just not bring a BST. Blue isn't all that important anyway. Equipment/Scrolls/HMP share the first slot, as far as I've seen.
 Sylph.Anariodin
By Sylph.Anariodin 2011-10-20 03:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I think people tend to just not bring a BST. Blue isn't all that important anyway. Equipment/Scrolls/HMP share the first slot, as far as I've seen.
If you have SCH, WHM, BLM, NIN, BRD, and DRK you have a good chance to cap red light despite some of the magic procs eventually being BLU.
We know that blue light gives you more drops/100%. However, what is the relation between red and drops? If only the first item on the list can be the "good drops", then what is it with the other 1-5 items you get. Even if the R/EX item is able to be added to lotting pool, you get rid of the only good item you could have gotten from your set of items.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-20 03:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

You're bringing SCH and DRK, both of which have fewer unique procs than BLU. SCH has 10 (soon 2, both JA), DRK has 3 (1 spell, 2 WS). Logic where?
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-10-20 03:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Generally like to bring a DRK and a WAR since DRK and WAR cover alot of blue procs on their own.

SCH is mostly useless imo.

Blue is fine to bring. I tend to prefer to bring more DD so you can zerg during stagger to increase lights faster.
 Sylph.Anariodin
By Sylph.Anariodin 2011-10-20 03:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
You're bringing SCH and DRK, both of which have fewer unique procs than BLU. SCH has 10 (soon 2, both JA), DRK has 3 (1 spell, 2 WS). Logic where?
SCH can give your party TP instead of your party TPing on the VWNM. Also can cast T4 black magic spells, so you can assign SCH with T4 and their own Helix. while you have the RDM do enfeebles/T3s. DRK has a lot of absorbs and can use a lot of the WSs that the WAR can do.
DRK has 5 WSs
2 GS unless the PLD wants to drop shield
3 Scythe
DRK has 2 spell as main (Drain II and Absorb-ACC
If you dont have a /DRK it has 10 spells
Has Stun without /BLM, Aspir, Aspir II, and Drain to lessen the spells BLM needs to cover.

BLU has to reset spells for elements it does not have, so the down time is a lot more.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8