[Voidwatch] Moving Loot To Treasure Pool -Denied

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » [Voidwatch] Moving Loot to Treasure Pool -Denied
[Voidwatch] Moving Loot to Treasure Pool -Denied
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Asura.Wyattdoc
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: wyattdoc1
By Asura.Wyattdoc 2011-10-19 14:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok sorry i misunderstood the idea.
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-10-19 14:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea still has a ton of content left in it.

If it's 99cap and Voidwatch is the only event they're actively updating then I don't want to play any more.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2011-10-19 14:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't mind Rare/E drops going only to pool at the end, with the chance for multiple to be in there (eg Omega/Ultima) or an option to add to the pool, or a system where you could choose prior to fighting.

Right now, there's no real way to manage Voidwatch as an LS which is somewhat of a problem in making sure your members are actually rewarded and getting something from the event. If I can make a treasure pool fight prior to initiating, that would be nice.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-10-19 14:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

They're going to add that new mysterious stuff "The last stand" and "Dungeon crawling", so there's more endgame to come in the future other than the stuff already mentioned.
 Leviathan.Dodu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-19 14:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always blankstared a bit at the whole 'but this system is gearing my mule instead of me' shpeal. Its as if the majority of the anti-VW movement believe that their mules have an inherently higher chance of getting the gear they want for their main. Spoilers: its exactly the same. If it bothers you that much, stop bringing mules. Same drop rate, and your fallacious thought process is eased ever so slightly.
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-10-19 14:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dodu said: »
I've always blankstared a bit at the whole 'but this system is gearing my mule instead of me' shpeal. Its as if the majority of the anti-VW movement believe that their mules have an inherently higher chance of getting the gear they want for their main. Spoilers: its exactly the same. If it bothers you that much, stop bringing mules. Same drop rate, and your fallacious thought process is eased ever so slightly.

I just think it's a boring event.

That relies on procs way too much. Incidentally proccing was one of the few things I disliked about Abyssea.
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-10-19 14:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Zilart is too bot-dominated. Give us something you actually work for.

CoP is too hard. Give us something that's easy to keep us occupied forever.

ToAU is too much busywork. Give us something new.

WoTG is too stagnant. Give us something new.

Abyssea is too easy. Give us something harder.

Voidwatch is too hard. Give us something easier.

What?! More Voidwatch?! Its like you guys don't know what we want!!! Why aren't you listening to us?!
I've enjoyed most content so far, but seriously not implementing "Add to Treasure Pool" is truly *** outrageous.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-10-19 14:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So, going 4/30 on Toci's on your whm mule and 0/30 on your main, when all other drops in the game are determined by treasure pool lotting so people who want certain things and not other can get it, and not having the ability to give it to others, is a good idea?

Random luck is random, and this just screws with it even more.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-10-19 14:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It just shows us how ruthless the system is, how it's always been, that's all. This always happened with loot, we just never saw it because the treasure pool accounted for the rare tag.
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-10-19 14:53:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Mules getting ra/ex drops doesn't bother me half as much as when the same person gets the same damn drop multiple times. Then it's just a complete and utter waste and a slap in the face to those that participated hoping for that specific drop, only to end up with logs, ethers and ingots.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-19 14:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The rate of obtaining these items is still inherently higher than Zilart-age trophy drops ever were, and that is what a lot of people asked for as Abyssea began to lose its luster. You're only frustrated about it now because with this system, you have zero control over who has to wait in the year-long line for a Ridill, and who gets it right off the bat.

I understand that this isn't the kind of balancing act that a lot of players wanted, but you all have to understand that a timewarp back to the Aery days is exactly what a fairly large portion of the upper echelon of the playerbase asked for in the decline of Heroes. They wanted to go back to the days where having the best gear actually meant something. Unfortunately for those who were looking for high-end equipment to once again be a matter of who had the better bot, the meaning went in an entirely different direction.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-10-19 14:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The rate of obtaining these items is still inherently higher than Zilart-age trophy drops ever were, and that is what a lot of people asked for as Abyssea began to lose its luster. You're only frustrated about it now because with this system, you have zero control over who has to wait in the year-long line for a Ridill, and who gets it right off the bat.

Except people aren't getting 10 Ridills before everyone else. And comparing drop rates to Zilart HNMs is rather absurd. Better than the worst system you can ever think of can still be worthless etc.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rearden
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2011-10-19 14:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Except in this system you could never get the item you want.

Fine if you think that's good game design, no so much if you don't.
[+]
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-10-19 15:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Somewhat correct, but it's more like being frustrated because one person is being forced to lot their 4th Ridill over people that still don't have one.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-10-19 15:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

You're only frustrated about it now because with this system, you have zero control over who has to wait in the year-long line for a Ridill, and who gets it right off the bat.
this

I like the voidwatch treasure loot system, it avoids linkshell leadership to take items first than others, people leaving shell as soon they get items, drama, linkshell members preference, epeens.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-10-19 15:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said: »
I like the voidwatch treasure loot system, it avoids linkshell leadership to take items first than others, people leaving shell as soon they get items, drama, r linkshell members preference, epeens.

Did you read anything in the thread? Seriously dude.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-19 15:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

@Tamoa

Entirely correct, because you're highlighting my point. You loath this system because what you want is being dangled in front of your face while you still haven't gotten it, not because the rate of obtaining it is any worse than the drops of old used to be.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-19 15:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said: »
I like the voidwatch treasure loot system, it avoids linkshell leadership to take items first than others, people leaving shell as soon they get items, drama, r linkshell members preference, epeens.

Serious question?
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-10-19 15:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Entirely correct, because you're highlighting my point. You loath this system because what you want is being dangled in front of your face while you still haven't gotten it, not because the rate of obtaining it is any worse than the drops of old used to be.

So, you just admitted it's ***.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-10-19 15:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Serious question?

No one is asking for the treasure system to be entirely changed to how it normally is?
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-19 15:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm impartially painting the system for what it is- the answer to the anti-Abyssea movement's pleas.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-19 15:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Serious question?

No one is asking for the treasure system to be entirely changed to how it normally is?

My sarcasm ---------------------------------------> what you read

Its Emanuelle. How much of the thread do you think he actually read?
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-10-19 15:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

just my opinion, i only read the first post on this thread
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-10-19 15:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm impartially painting the system for what it is- the answer to the anti-Abyssea movement's pleas.

Gotcha. I think people mainly wanted harder content, not more time sinks which SE seems to think makes things harder. We got the harder content, I guess.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2011-10-19 15:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Well he said the first post, but I'd venture more like maybe just the title.
[+]
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-10-19 15:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny you should say that, the shellholder in my ls has gotten 4 ra/ex bodies from voidwatch in the same amount of fights as I've gotten zero. I did get a pair of +18% movement speed boots though - but so did he.

But all that you're bringing up in your post, wouldn't be an issue in my linkshell, and I'm certain that's the same in a lot of shells that do voidwatch regularly. Generally, the good shells are much smaller now than back @75 cap and people know each other better. There's nowhere near as much coming and going of new members and all that crap.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-10-19 15:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Serious question?

I always have a hard time reading your sarcasm.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-10-19 15:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

just talking in general tamoa, i do like the randomness of voidwatch, just saying, according to the first post there is ppl qqing about the voidwatch loot system and they want the normal pool system .
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-19 15:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Serious question?

I've genuinely considered making a string of gif avatars. One of me screaming in blind rage, one of me laughing hysterically, one of me staring blankly with a single twitching eye, and one of me beating my head into a desk. The plan is to swap them out for each post I make, so the reader understands my tone without my having to type emoticons.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-10-19 15:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Serious question?

I've genuinely considered making a string of gif avatars. One of me screaming in blind rage, one of me laughing hysterically, one of me staring blankly with a single twitching eye, and one of me beating my head into a desk. The plan is to swap them out for each post I make, so the reader understands my tone without my having to type emoticons.

I think that would be amazing. Get to it!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8