Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-02-12 16:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Zanno said:
Tbest said:
lol... Here's a few questions for those of you that seem to skip over things and assume a lot. How do you know his native language is anything but English? Where is your proof that his native language isn't English? How do you know he didn't know what the arrangement was and what was expected of him? (He could just be playing dumb. Though it'd take an Oscar performance to play that dumb imo.) How do you know he didn't/doesn't buy his account and/or gil? How do you know he's not HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and can actually play well? All these questions and more answered tonight on the 10 o'clock news! (Well... After we get the answers from the people in this thread that know everything.)

I'd like to know what proof you have that:

His native language IS english.

That he DID buy his account.

That he DOES buy gil.

You're just throwing out empty accusations in defense it seems.

QFT!
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-12 16:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

lol... I asked those questions to answer one way or the other. I could have posted the opposites as well, but if we get the answer to one, that makes the opposite of the question asked null and void. =)
 Hades.Dizzmal
Server: Hades
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-02-12 16:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Anye said:
Dizzmal said:
Quote:
Ignorance? I'd like to think so. White-red-neck type much? I wouldn't say no.
err i'm a White red-neck ... I take offence to that. can we take the racial joke out of it please?
@_@ Honestly, almost the entire thread is people stereotyping the OP to an offensive point, I don't see why any singular person should be offended by one "racial joke" if the majority of the thread is offensive, anyways XD I mean, I'm offended, but idgac about offending the OP? = /

forgive me I meant racial jokes and comments towards other players because they are from a different country.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-12 16:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
lol... I asked those questions to answer one way or the other. I could have posted the opposites as well, but if we get the answer to one, that makes the opposite of the question asked null and void. =)

Do you realise that your post made zero sense, or are you just trying to make the hole that your lack of linguistical ability has dug yourself even deeper?
 Bahamut.Mfive
Server: Bahamut
user: Mfive
By Bahamut.Mfive 2009-02-12 16:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cyr said:
Alyria said:
That is ignorant. Just cause he is from a different country doesnt mean he bought the account... So everyone who isn't from USA, Japan, and UK (where game was released) all bought accounts? That is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE...
No, just the UAEs on bahamut >_> Its true <_< Take a poll.

cyr .... how many uae people u know playing on bahamut server who bought account ? if the answer is >> " yes , these accounts been bought from people/website " then why u just don't call GM and tell him about this ? and if the answer is >> "No i don't know any 1 ,i just think they bought the accounts " .... i think you should keep that thought inside of yomy main server is shiva not bahamut . recently i changed to this server for my brother . and for your information theres a lot of people (like me) in this LS aren't form uae .
beside that some people wrote that i don't play well in rdm . fine why i wasn't noticed that in first place? i got other jobs at 75 well geared , i can participate . and i didn't chose to be rdm for the runs . he couldn't find a healer so he asked me to change my job to whm or rdm .
if u can't make it to the boss then u say the rdm was bad he can't play well ... wow . how do u define the rdm ? soloing all mobs ? and rest 5 member do what ? watch the rdm ?
and for " Tbest " is that really important to know what is my main language ? most of the countries got english as their 2nd language . may be ur lucky u born in usa or uk where english is main language , my bad luck i didn't . so that tells people what ?? i couldn't find any answer for you .

again I'm saying the same words >> I didn't open this tread to fight over me or my fault . i opened this 1 to warn other peoples about this man and this kind of problem .
thank you all .
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-12 16:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Dracondria said:
Proof? A lot of people from SisteForsok (LS before Thanatos) were banned for buying gil and botting. Some came back on new accounts.

Back in the day, on Fairy, there was a gilseller/botter named Numbertwo. I, of course, had no idea of this when I created my account, other than the fact that Numbertwo was taken (thank God, since that would have been my name if it would have been available). Because of the fact that people just assume that the gilseller Numbertwo and me are one and the same (strike 1), I've gotten some pretty nasty tells from people. Gotten harassed when shouting for Raises for party members. Gotten called out and accused in /shout through entire *** zones when lfg. Using the auto-translate function for speed purposes (really, who DOESN'T shout {Raise}{Can I have it?}<pos>?) is taken as evidence enough for people to treat me like ***from time to time for no *** reason, that's strike 2. I also fish from time to time...strike 3.

That being said, after talking to people (which I do, even though they generally treat me like ***before they even ask) they come to realize that I'm not a *** gilseller after all, and some apologize. But a couple months later the whole process repeats itself, and I'm forced into going through the *** hassle of explaining myself YET AGAIN in the middle of an exp party and holding up my party.

That's why we don't assume ***.

So, as you see, LS affiliation isn't proof. NAME isn't proof. Unless you know for sure, then it's best to treat someone as innocent until proven guilty. In the long run, it's the people that accuse with no evidence that look like the retards...
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-12 16:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn I think he buried you in your hole Tbest.

lol
 Bahamut.Rienea
user: Riee
By Bahamut.Rienea 2009-02-12 16:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanatos bots? Really? Who woulda known.

I thought Cyberlord and Theprince just really really like it in the Aery and in Behemoth's Dominion.

You learn something new every day.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-02-12 16:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
people just assume that the gilseller Numbertwo and me are one

Wouldn't they think you're.... 4? XD Sorry, couldn't help it.

But the rest,
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
LS affiliation isn't proof. NAME isn't proof. Unless you know for sure, then it's best to treat someone as innocent until proven guilty. In the long run, it's the people that accuse with no evidence that look like the retards...

TOTALLY. THANK YOU. YOU SO ROCK!
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-12 17:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

O.oa I dunno what you guys are talking about with this 'hole' thing... I'm digging a moat! *Resumes his digging.* Anyway... We can talk about this more tomorrow b/c I'm heading home for the day. See ya'll around 10am EST or so. =)

Edit: Ooh.. One last thought. Here's an idea... To see if they're a gil-buyer or not, someone should just track what Mfive buys and sells for six+ months or so. Malekith!! We have a job that's right up your alley!
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-12 17:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Anye said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
people just assume that the gilseller Numbertwo and me are one

Wouldn't they think you're.... 4? XD Sorry, couldn't help it.

lol ^^

I like my name, it's easily abbreviated, as in "GG #2 WTF R U DOIN?!?!"

It's just a damn shame that some gilseller had it before me...
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-02-12 17:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Dracondria said:
Proof? A lot of people from SisteForsok (LS before Thanatos) were banned for buying gil and botting. Some came back on new accounts.

This logic proves jack all and everyone knows it. Stop clutching at straws.

I'm sorry I have to comment I have friends in thantos, I was told by them 80% of thantos is ***.. and the rest or nice decent people.

Deathmetalsquaz was in thantos and another buddy of mine and they do indeed buy accounts..one account theey purchaced i know and it is not the same guy just one no life loser playing on several accounts and botting.. this guy has to spend like 3k on acocunts or more it is kind of tragic really. One of the accounts was alim.. a pld i knew few yrs back in crystalline knights.

there more too.. but death they bot and death had issues with them and left... after that we were camping nq behemoth and a char named clumsy used some other char to bott and make it appear purple then logged it out. Thantos does buy accounts and bots I was told this the ls is a disaster area.. not everyone in there is like this but there are a lot of bought accounts they buy a lot of them. so it would not surprise me if they buy gil..

I mean the ones that do of course...
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-02-12 17:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

the op in a shady ls as it is =/.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-12 17:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't commenting on whether or not the botting and account buying accusations were true or not. All assumptions aside, I don't know anything about these rumours and, to be particularly honest, nor do I care. I was commenting on the logic behind Dracondria's statement. Just because somebody is in a linkshell, does not mean they automatically conform to every stereotype associated with that linkshell. To instantly judge somebody just because of their linkshell is, in the long run, naive, and proves nothing.

When discussing proof, such as we were, heresay and discrimination just isn't good enough. It's especially useless when the accusations being made are as serious as gil or account buying.
 Bahamut.Kelia
user: Kelia
By Bahamut.Kelia 2009-02-12 17:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

no, Death didn't leave Thanatos, he got kicked, then got banned for pos hacking about 2 weeks after the behemoth incident. '~'

Thanatos is well known for their account buying, botting etc, all these people from other servers chiming in about people making assumptions need to come over here and see how it is~
 Bahamut.Dracondria
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-02-12 18:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
I wasn't commenting on whether or not the botting and account buying accusations were true or not. All assumptions aside, I don't know anything about these rumours and, to be particularly honest, nor do I care. I was commenting on the logic behind Dracondria's statement. Just because somebody is in a linkshell, does not mean they automatically conform to every stereotype associated with that linkshell. To instantly judge somebody just because of their linkshell is, in the long run, naive, and proves nothing.

When discussing proof, such as we were, heresay and discrimination just isn't good enough. It's especially useless when the accusations being made are as serious as gil or account buying.

I know people in Thanatos and I don't assume everyone is a gilbuyer/account buyer but it's a possibility.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-02-12 18:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Kelia said:
no, Death didn't leave Thanatos, he got kicked, then got banned for pos hacking about 2 weeks after the behemoth incident. '~'

Thanatos is well known for their account buying, botting etc, all these people from other servers chiming in about people making assumptions need to come over here and see how it is~

yeah i assume he was kicked.. and ya he botted for real i noticed. it made no sense. to keep botting and botting like that.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-12 18:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Dracondria said:
I know people in Thanatos and I don't assume everyone is a gilbuyer/account buyer but it's a possibility.

The implication of your post was you considered Mfive fell into your gil and account buying bracket. Why you would mention that his linkshell had this reputation if you didn't consider him to be in this category, I don't know. I apologise for any misconceptions, my problem is I can't fathom how such a point would be of any relevance to any part of this thread if you did not consider that.
 Bahamut.Dracondria
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-02-12 18:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Dracondria said:

The implication of your post was you considered Mfive fell into your gil and account buying bracket. Why you would mention that his linkshell had this reputation if you didn't consider him to be in this category, I don't know. I apologise for any misconceptions, my problem is I can't fathom how such a point would be of any relevance to any part of this thread if you did not consider that.

Read page 5 and 6 again and it should be clear.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-12 18:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Dracondria said:
Read page 5 and 6 again and it should be clear.

I just did this and I'm afraid to say I am no clearer on the subject. Did you or did you not imply that Mfive is a gil or account buyer because he belongs to this linkshell? A straight answer will save so much time rather than another hedging response. As I said in a previous post, I can not understand the relevance. Even if you think he is guilty because he is in that linkshell, your argument is still based off of heresay and provides zero proof or evidence to confirm your accusations.

As myself and others have said in previous posts, linkshell affiliation just isn't proof that somebody buys gil or accounts. You can tell me you know this linkshell as much as you like, you do not know for sure what people like Tbest are accusing Mfive of is true. To accuse somebody of gilbuying or account buying without any proof is... well, it's not bright, and I don't think you'd ever meet anyone in Final Fantasy XI who would approve of RMT witch hunts on zero proof. Only drama mongers would get kicks out of such a thing.

Until there is sufficient evidence to suggest Mfive is a gilbuyer or account buyer, people need to stop throwing around random accusations. It seems to me like a very poor attempt to shift the focus of this debate from the original perpitrators.

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
it's the people that accuse with no evidence that look like the retards...

A very fitting quote to close my post with.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-02-12 19:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bottom line is: Mfive paid 2.5m and didn't get what he paid for. Dimitriaz's crew failed to provide a service they were paid for no matter who was to blame. For any of their members to attack him when he pretty much paid them 100k each per failed run is pathetic.

His nationality, primary language, skill and whether he bought the account or gil is irrelevant. They took his money over and over so saying he shouldn't get his armor b/c of those factors is pointless.

I don't think many of these "business people" even paid attention to the fact that he never even asked for his gil back or made demands for it. Dimitriaz and his crew obviously don't care that they have a dis-satisfied customer, they got their gil and didn't even have to get him the gear. Yeah he sucked as RDM but hey if you can't get a RDM/WHM as part of your static that's making 100k per member then you don't deserve to sell the gear. You bend to the customer's needs not the other way around. Dimitriaz only has BLU so maybe he should lvl a more beneficial job for his static instead of relying on his customers.

I know some brilliant "business" person is going to come back with a "He's a rmt/botters/bought account so it's ok to take his gil". Which brings us to the question of why if you know beyond a reasonable doubt he is one of those things, then why haven't you submitted this evidence to the STF?
 Bahamut.Kelia
user: Kelia
By Bahamut.Kelia 2009-02-12 22:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

who pays 2.5M for askar body, i mean really
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-02-12 22:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yakutatazu said:
Dimitriaz only has BLU so maybe he should lvl a more beneficial job for his static instead of relying on his customers.

Versatility ftw!
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-12 22:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Kelia said:

Well Mfive did because Dimitriaz charged him that before he supposedly changed the price to 1.5 mil on his bazaar
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-02-12 22:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
Kelia said:

Well Mfive did because Dimitriaz charged him that before he supposedly changed the price to 1.5 mil on his bazaar

Which made me doubt he did it to anyone else.. meaning towards nyzul.
 Bahamut.Cyr
user: Cyr
By Bahamut.Cyr 2009-02-12 23:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Kelia said:

UAE account buyers
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-02-12 23:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cyr said:
Kelia said:

UAE account buyers

Wooooodum said:
Anye said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-02-12 23:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Dizzmal said:
forgive me I meant racial jokes and comments towards other players because they are from a different country.

^^ It's cool, Dizzmal, thanks for clarifying~
 Bahamut.Cyr
user: Cyr
By Bahamut.Cyr 2009-02-13 02:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Anye said:
Cyr said:
Kelia said:

UAE account buyers

Wooooodum said:
Anye said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

or maybe its the retards that are the ones buying askar body for 2.5mil+
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-13 02:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cyr said:
or maybe its the retards that are the ones buying askar body for 2.5mil+

Two retards don't make a right.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8