Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-02-12 11:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cyr said:
Mfive said:
we didn't kill the boss in those 5 runs . everytime we got timed out
Yes, but according to the accounts of multiple people, it was your fault. Morons who don't know the type of agreement they are getting into, nor how to play their jobs even mildly well shouldn't be allowed to complain. *'-'

He was buying the item. The seller was supposed to provide the item. Failure on the sellers part resulted in loss of gil + time of the buyer. Again if you are selling an Item like that for 2.5M you should have the ability to be able to clear the required item with out the help of the buyer. Mfive isn't complaing that ppl are saying he can't do his job or not. he is posting that he was swindled out of 2.5M for nothing. the service was not delivered therefor the gil should be returned. If you don't want to keep this endless post going give him the gil back and don't do any business with him. case closed
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-02-12 11:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cyr said:
Mfive said:
we didn't kill the boss in those 5 runs . everytime we got timed out

Yes, but according to the accounts of multiple people, it was your fault. Morons who don't know the type of agreement they are getting into, nor how to play their jobs even mildly well shouldn't be allowed to complain. *'-'

People that take advantage of others shouldn't be allowed to have the opportunity, but hey they do. Really the agreement said 2 things, 1) 500k every run 2) 500k came out of the total price. If you reach the total price required and are still trying to milk the guy then you are scum who's only virtue (or lack there of) is greed.

It's pretty easy, if he sucks at life then don't have him come RDM. I don't see how it's his fault for having responsibility put onto him that they never should have. Hell the guy running this could at least have a mage job himself instead of only BLU.

I'd like to know how 100k per person per run no matter win or lose, drop or no drop.

Dizzmal said:
He was buying the item. The seller was supposed to provide the item. Failure on the sellers part resulted in loss of gil + time of the buyer. Again if you are selling an Item like that for 2.5M you should have the ability to be able to clear the required item with out the help of the buyer. Mfive isn't complaing that ppl are saying he can't do his job or not. he is posting that he was swindled out of 2.5M for nothing. the service was not delivered therefor the gil should be returned. If you don't want to keep this endless post going give him the gil back and don't do any business with him. case closed

I agree for the most part. And this post isn't so much about this case as it is more of an ethics issue.
 Bahamut.Cyr
Server: Bahamut
user: Cyr
By Bahamut.Cyr 2009-02-12 12:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yakutatazu said:
I don't see how it's his fault for having responsibility put onto him that they never should have.

I'm sorry for thinking that getting a job to 75 would be enough experience to let others think they can rely on you to play the job.

Dizzmal said:

Maybe if he wasn't such a dumbass, he would have agreed to a different set of terms. Or maybe if he had just played his job competently and not [speculation, though I'm probably right] bought his account like every other UAE on the server ;o
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-12 12:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I think there was miscommunication between them cause like before he hardly speaks english and he is believing that he was paying 2.5 mil for the item but then seller saying 500k a run.

If the item is being sold for 2.5 mil, the seller does 5 runs which equals 2.5 mil, he should be able to get the item, not paying for a run since he is buying the item.

I agree that he should have put some effort into the run also but if a group cannot finish a run is also on them too.

The OP is buying the "ITEM" not to pay for clearing a run.
I agree with the last few posters of return the gil and not deal with the buyer again.
 Hades.Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-02-12 12:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

the group didn't deliver the item. the buyer has paided 2.5M+ for nothing .. bottem line.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-02-12 12:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see how you can defend the sellers other than their sense of greed in that statement. You say he is a dumbass for continuing to pay, but then don't think they are dumbasses for letting him come RDM over and over. Does it really take 5 runs (ironically when the full price had been reached already) for them to realize his English and skills as a RDM were lacking?

And again, the buyers aren't paying you to help them get it. They are paying you to get it for them.
 Bahamut.Cyr
By Bahamut.Cyr 2009-02-12 12:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:

Keep the gil and not deal with the buyer again.

Fixed. These were the terms.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-12 12:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cyr what if it happened to you? you were paying 2.5 mil for the "item" and the group instead says 500k a run, but you don't ever get the item after a few runs?

Wouldn't you be upset you just lost 2.5 mil to a group that didn't get your item that you were buying? and they tell ppl it was all your fault saying you sucked at doing your job.

Its considered stealing/ripping off the buyer no matter how bad of english or job they said you did.

People buy items not buy runs.
 Bahamut.Cyr
By Bahamut.Cyr 2009-02-12 12:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yakutatazu said:
I don't see how you can defend the sellers other than their sense of greed in that statement. You say he is a dumbass for continuing to pay, but then don't think they are dumbasses for letting him come RDM over and over. Does it really take 5 runs (ironically when the full price had been reached already) for them to realize his English and skills as a RDM were lacking?

And again, the buyers aren't paying you to help them get it. They are paying you to get it for them.

Who cares if they let him come rdm repeatedly? They got their money and that is what counts. The bargain was carried out in full, whether or not they failed the runs due to letting him be their healer.

If you are opposed to the deal they made, be my guest to take your little time machine, and go back to tell the buyer to agree to a stricter set of terms and conditions.

Alyria said:
Cyr what if it happened to you? you were paying 2.5 mil for the "item" and the group instead says 500k a run, but you don't ever get the item after a few runs?

Wouldn't you be upset you just lost 2.5 mil to a group that didn't get your item that you were buying? and they tell ppl it was all your fault saying you sucked at doing your job.

It wouldn't happen to me, because I'd either:

A: get them myself

or B: Find another seller.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-02-12 12:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Since I did get sleep, everyone here understands what the problem was. No communication and both sides did not understand. Best thing to do is avoid the guy in game after the incident. I got tells from a mule @@... scary.

I think cyr got tells by the same person or something who knows I was passed out. Good day everyone! Ignore my stupid post earlier before people >.> nothing to see there. =D
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-12 12:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cyr said:
Alyria said:

Keep the gil and not deal with the buyer again.

Fixed. These were the terms.

True, but irregardless of the terms that doesn't eliminate the fact that the guy was a shady piece of ***. They knew after the first run what the OP's skill level was, and knew at least by the second run that it wasn't going to work out. Yet they continued to take the guys money, knowing that, in all likelihood, they weren't gonna get the drop. A decent person wouldn't have done that...unfortunately, being an opportunistic *** isn't against the ToS, so the OP has no recourse obviously, it's pretty much a given that the OP ain't getting any of his money back...but karma is a ***.
 Cerberus.Cecilharvey
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Cecilharvey 2009-02-12 12:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cyr said:
I'm sorry for thinking that getting a job to 75 would be enough experience to let others think they can rely on you to play the job.

Cyr, its not about that, the guy should not have to move a finger in the runs. he should be able to come & /sit at the runic just to pull it to active the teleportation to the next lv.

A group who sell items from Nyzul must be able to do it w/o the help of the customer, thats where this excuse fail, saying the guy sucked to most the runs can't be a valuable excuse.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-12 12:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cyr said:
It wouldn't happen to me, because I'd either:

A: get them myself

or B: Find another seller.

You say that, and yet...
 Bahamut.Cyr
By Bahamut.Cyr 2009-02-12 12:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

and yet...?
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-02-12 12:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If it were me, as the customer I would help out. But stuff happens and people have bad moments. I remember messing up in an enm with my cousin and me and him fighting over it when it was both our fault. Since stuff get's resolved between us and we know each other it does not happen again. I wonder if using auto translate would have helped with the OP. Because seeing that english is not his first language.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-12 12:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Stanflame said:
I wonder if using auto translate would have helped with the OP. Because seeing that english is not his first language.

Why bother? They knew that they could try and weasel him out of 500k a run, so why actually try to succeed? Failing=more money for them.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-02-12 12:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Capitalism at it's finest.
 Bahamut.Mfive
user: Mfive
By Bahamut.Mfive 2009-02-12 12:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

last run when i made the trade and gave him 500k (alltogater 2.5 mills )he said the armor is mine . and 6th run he told me to give him another 500k for the run . but i refuse becouse it reachs already 2.5 mills and it is more that the gil he wants in this website . after i refuse he said he only can run 1 more time for free .
the main thing is he trap me in this situation where i have to pay him more money and there is no security or i just leave him with my 2.5 mil . and this tread i didn't make for myself ... it's been made for other people who maybe getting in this trouble where i am . i know i cannot get my gills back but i dont want any one lose their gills too .
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-12 13:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

We understand Mfive but thing is you paid for the item, they should either give the gil back or get the item for you.

You paid the 2.5 mil for it so you are entitled to receive it. Otherwise they just steal your gil and you lose 2.5 mil.
 Bahamut.Pjohn
user: Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2009-02-12 13:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cyr grow up. Leave Mfive alone he could be some 10~15 year old kid, he may be an adult. But we both know english isnt his native language and calling him names or degrading him for his lack of understanding a lauguage everyone who reads this can tell isnt his own just isnt right.

The OP is just trying to do the right thing and have people use caution if dealing with the swindler so not to be swindled.

You and the swindler remind me of some car salesmen i use to know in my drag racing days.
They use to brag about how the sold cars for 5 and 8 thousand dollars than they were worth......
Yeah those were good people.......
 Bahamut.Cyr
By Bahamut.Cyr 2009-02-12 13:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

QQ

Its not the fact that English isn't his native language; its the fact that he entered into an agreement without full knowledge or understanding of what he was getting into.

Also, because he sucks ;;
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-12 13:22:07
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Just because someone didn't have a full grasp of the business agreement doesn't make it right for someone to take advantage of it. Nuff said.
 Bahamut.Cyr
By Bahamut.Cyr 2009-02-12 13:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Just because someone didn't have a full grasp of the business agreement doesn't make it right for someone to take advantage of it. Nuff said.

I'd call it good business tactics
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-12 13:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cyr said:

You would.

Cyr said:
and yet...?

-:

Cyr said:

You do say some pretty dim things.
 Hades.Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-02-12 13:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cyr said:
QQ Its not the fact that English isn't his native language; its the fact that he entered into an agreement without full knowledge or understanding of what he was getting into. Also, because he sucks ;;

Has nothing to do with the point that he was screwed out of his gil by people that knew what they were doing.

It is sad that the group that did this is to the OP would stoop to this level. 500k/ea wow ya'll must be really hard up for gil to screw this person out of that little of gil. your reputation has been tanished and I'm fairly sure that anyone checking your profile will be directed to this post. you will lose customers in the end. Welcome to bad business, ppl that don't get what they pay for complain.
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-12 13:31:38
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Yakutatazu said:
Capitalism at it's finest.

This ^

Edit: Obviously this was a bad business tactic since the end result was this thread which a majority seem to agree with the OP.
 Bahamut.Cyr
By Bahamut.Cyr 2009-02-12 13:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Cyr said:

You would.

Cyr said:
and yet...?

-:

Cyr said:

You do say some pretty dim things.

I'm lost ;;

I am pretty dim, I suppose :\
 Cerberus.Cecilharvey
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Cecilharvey 2009-02-12 13:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cyr said:
Also, because he sucks ;;

because what Dimitriaz said is like god saying ? you would care more if this ***was happening to one of your friend.
 Bahamut.Cyr
By Bahamut.Cyr 2009-02-12 13:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

And because Takisha backed up the information provided.

And because I've never been a fan of people who play poorly. >_>;
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-12 13:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow... Just wow... I agree with Cyr.
I know... Shocking.
Or maybe not so much... >.>

Is the OP really so stupid that they didn't think after 2-3 that they might want to actually 'help' the group succeed?
I know if I was paying out the *** to get a piece of armor, I'd want to give the group the best possible chance of winning to ensure I got said armor. Maybe that's just me though. I don't expect the world handed to me on a silver platter. (I prefer platinum. :P)

As far as the 'they must be able to do it with five people and the buyer should be able to go afk for the run'... That's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Let's take a step back, then take a deep breath and look at this logically shall we? Sure, most groups can complete a floor in Nyzul with five people. Heck, most groups can complete a boss floor with five people. But... Just for the heck of it, let's throw in a SIXTH person. I know, it's crazy, right!? So now those five people that 'can' succeed whether with or without difficulty and with or without good luck on floor setups can win EASILY.
But I guess since the buyer is paying for them to get up to the Boss floor level, and then spend their tokens to enter (yes, I realize they get tokens back with the number varying on who has the band and what floor it is), and spend their tokens for temp items from the box, as well as possibly using food for the run/boss, along with various other medicines/rr/etc. they don't have to do anything but sit on their ***.

Seriously though... All of you people that are so upset about this make me giggle.

My final conclusion on this is the OP got exactly what he paid for.
He most likely bought his account and has no real knowledge of the jobs he has at 75.
He seems to be at least mildly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, even if his first language isn't English. (Which btw... It very well could be. We haven't seen him demonstrate otherwise.)
And he's a fool for agreeing to such a contract instead of doing it himself. What a sense of accomplishment you can get when you pay for something (most likely with gil bought from gilsellers) to have it handed to you with no effort on your part.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8