about dimitriaz
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-11 13:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

lolWooooodumb... The meaning of the paragraph is that this guy most likely didn't understand the deal fully. And it was probably closer to "We'll take you on 5 runs and you pay 2.5 mil. If the item drops, you lot it without competition."

And as Takisha said, the OP either can't understand "Erase us" or is just plain HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

The OP saying that Dimitriaz "never play for winning the battle" is more like "I don't know how to play well enough to help the group succeed so I can get the item I paid for."
[+]
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-11 13:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I love FFXI to death, but the community is definitely starting to turn towards a more "Hurray for me; *** you" attitude. I realize that there are still plenty of decent people playing (most of the posters here strike me as being decent people, anyways) but because of the few bad apples out there, I wouldn't trust ANYONE that I didn't know pretty damn well. I mean, look at all the "ninja-lotting, stole my +1, etc" posts there have been lately...

Or course, this isolationist attitude on my part is going to impair my ability to do certain events and get certain gears...but that doesn't bother ME too much.

At any rate, given the OPs english skills (not criticizing in any way, just making an observation) there was obviously a misunderstanding between the two people; personally, I would have either given SOME of the money back to the OP, minus the expenses incurred in doing the runs and a fee for time spent doing it, or at least helped him get his piece...but I'm also the type to give people free tele's when I'm running around on WHM and such, or craft for people for free (provided I'm not busy and they provide the mats), so that's just me.

I'm not familiar with doing these runs...is 2.5 million a reasonable amount to pay/charge for just a CHANCE to get the drop?
 Asura.Yotevol
Server: Asura
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-02-11 13:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Yotevol said:
Just don't pay for R/Ex items and earn them, you won't have this problem.
You're a very sound thinker, but this logic is seriously flawed. "Don't leave your house and you can't get mugged."

Woooooodum,
You and I have different opinions, like normal people. My logic is that, mine.
I fully believe that I earn the R/Ex gear I have and I will never pay someone to work for me.
That's why I've had the same Dynamis LS for 2 years (Beerfest).
If I paid for a run just to get a piece of relic, and it didn't drop, I would feel betrayed and not want to pay.
So, my logic is, if I earn it by attendence and the help of the people in my Dyanmis LS, then I earned it.
All I need to have is time and patience and I don't have to "pay" for a lot of items.

For instance, I am about to join a major LS that does sponserships to KSNM99s.
I take the time, research their past and talk with the leaders.
When I choose to join and eventually sponser a KSNM99 with seals, if I don't get the speed belt on the 1st run I won't get pissed. I'll just remain patient and eventually I will sponser again and hopefully get it.

As I said, it's just my opinion and how I play. I don't look down on others, but I'm not afraid to voice my opinion.

~Yote
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-11 13:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
lolWooooodumb...

Zing!

You know somebody's losing a debate when they start making fun of somebody else's name.

Edit: Yotevol, I wasn't implying you should not have your own opinions. As I said, you are a very sound thinker, and what I perceive as a flaw in your logic comes as a little bit of a surprise, to be honest! Of course, it is your opinion, but I just happen to disagree with it on this occasion.

Oh, and 2.5m is not a reasonable amount for the potential of any drop, least of all Nyzul drops.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-02-11 13:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree numbertwo, I believe there is a miscommunication and probbaly doesn't know much english when you type to him either so its always a conflict.

However, if he did not try to make his runs work well it is also his fault too. Though they should have not let him go again if the run went really bad from his mistakes and took a different buyer instead. So I think its both faults and I say I agree with some gil returned but that is up to the group to decide since they decided to do more runs with him to have fails.
 Asura.Yotevol
Server: Asura
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-02-11 13:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Understood and some of my friends agree with you.
Some do not.

The reason I am able to be friends with both, is because I don't push my views, just voice them.
When something like this happens (and it has to one of my friends),
He got a friendly "I told you so", but followed with me doing whatever I could to get him the item he wanted.
Thanks for voice though. :-)

~Yote
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-11 13:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

lolConchita... Once again... We come back to Gears and the comment I made in the other thread because the thread was becoming a discussion about Gears not the thread's intended purpose. If you didn't want to offer me a spot when you did ZNM's, you really had no reason to post there. :P

Now then... On the OP's issue... This is exactly why in the business world you have contracts.
You lay everything out nice and neat so there can be no argument about how it was supposed to go. The reason I say he could be lying is because he really has no proof that what he says is true.
Which brings me to a nice little acronym that I've heard several times in business: CYA (Cover Your ***).

If you discuss something with someone verbally, you ALWAYS follow it up with an e-mail outlining the call making sure that what you discussed and heard on the call is exactly how it is supposed to be so that if it comes back to you, you can point to the evidence.
 Fairy.Conchita
user: Conchita
By Fairy.Conchita 2009-02-11 14:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

And what exactly was your reason to post in the OPs threads at first other than correcting his spelling? See that?
 Bahamut.Pjohn
Server: Bahamut
user: Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2009-02-11 14:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Well Takisha sound pretty simple if you guys are unable to get him the piece of armor that he has paid for because of his skill or the comunication barrier. Give him his gil back and move on to buyers that you are able to provide the services or goods you are trying to sell.

Side note:
If he wants an askar piece must mean he has some sort of DD. Have him go DD and mindlessly hit stuff?

I've gotten Nysle Isle armor for 1/2 my LS members and a buyer or 2. I never take a new comer a or buyer as anything but DD or lolDDs.
RDM and 1 other job are too important to just let someone you dont know make things harder than they have to be.

Mfive you have a 75 DD and can make it thursday 6PST for 2 runs my group will sell you an askar piece "IF" it drops. PM or send tell in game.

GL
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-11 14:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
However, if he did not try to make his runs work well it is also his fault too. Though they should have not let him go again if the run went really bad from his mistakes and took a different buyer instead. So I think its both faults and I say I agree with some gil returned but that is up to the group to decide since they decided to do more runs with him to have fails.

Yeah, I didn't see that rebuttal post until after I had already posted mine (my fault for going AFK halfway through posting lol) so yeah, I can see where if he wasn't doing his job correctly then I'd be a little miffed, too.

However, I WOULDN'T continue to take money from the guy knowing that it wasn't going to work out. Seems to me like that's just kind of a *** move, almost (but not exactly) like taking advantage of someone that doesn't know any better. If I started a run that someone was paying me to do, and I saw that he just wasn't gonna cut it, I would have at the very least kept the expenses incurred for the initial run, given him back the remainder, and told him that he was more than welcome to come back and attempt at a later date.

Then again, I've worked in retail customer service for 10+ years (selling computers the last 3...shudder) so I tend to be more accommodating, especially with those that don't have any clue what I'm talking about lol
 Cerberus.Cecilharvey
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Cecilharvey 2009-02-11 15:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

/troll ON

Tbest said:
lolWooooodumb...

LOL *** ! come back later & TRY AGAIN !

/troll OFF

on another note: there is a saying, "Customers are alway the kings" he paid for something, who care if he sucked all the runs, he paid point. if he don't get his goods its called stealing.

Also, the way this group proceed is dishonest, you don't ask money until you are sure to be able to sell the wanted item in question, after if the buyer don't pay attention to that, we can't blame the group for it, but they still stay a team of THF for scamming someone money & being unable to give this person his goods.
 Hades.Dizzmal
Server: Hades
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-02-11 15:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, the only way I make a deal to buy or sell R/E gear ( I have never bought r/e gear but that doesn't mean I wouldn't.) I make sure the item that the player wants, has dropped. Only then do I collect gil for the item. I run a sky LS that sell a majority of the items that drop from sky. I can honestly say that we haven't had a bad transaction. IF it was a Nyzul run, I would collect the gil for that Item before the run then let the buyer lot the item if it did drop. If it didn't drop i'd give the gil back. If that person was the reason for the failed run, I wouldn't accept them as a buyer in future runs.

I don't see why some people think that because you paid gil for an item you didn't "Earn" it.
There is alot of end game events that a player can do. So many in fact that unless you devote 10hrs+ to FFXI a day that you most likly wont have time to do all of them. Some people would rather make gil during that time to bypass the things that might turn them off of end game.( LS drama, poor drop rates, loss of exp ... etc.)
It is their time spent on the game. Rather than have an obligation to be at a certain place at a certain time, they can work to make gil and enjoy the free time they have. They have "earned" the item they got just as much as the guy that spent 2 years after the same item. They just spent their time in a different way.
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2009-02-11 16:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Well said Dizzmal.
 Bahamut.Takisha
user: Elmarpo
By Bahamut.Takisha 2009-02-11 16:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

so.... hes not entitled to anything for the time spent trying to get this item? At the end of the day, you cant predict the drop, you could go for a load of runs before it finally dropped. But if Mfive has suddenly decided not to continue, shouldn't Dimitriaz be entitled to something for the time he spent trying? Or do you not think the runs we attempted are worth anything?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-02-11 17:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Takisha said:
so.... hes not entitled to anything for the time spent trying to get this item? At the end of the day, you cant predict the drop, you could go for a load of runs before it finally dropped. But if Mfive has suddenly decided not to continue, shouldn't Dimitriaz be entitled to something for the time he spent trying? Or do you not think the runs we attempted are worth anything?

Obviously this Dimitriaz guy got something out of it, like 2.5 Mil. And as you say yourself drops cant be predicted and it can take loads of runs before a drop. You think that Mfive should continue paying 500k /run for an unknown time, when the deal was 500k x 5 to begin with?
 Hades.Dizzmal
Server: Hades
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-02-11 17:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Takisha said:

Let me ask you if your group has the skill to sell these items, isn't it your job to make sure that the item in question can't be obtained with out the help of the buyer? 2.5M for an item that your group is selling. You are providing a service to a customer. It is your job to make sure your customer is satisfied. I'll put it like this: You wouldn't go to a shop for an oil change, pay the price for a full service,helping with the service, then having the engine lock up on you and the shop blame you because you didn't do your job. No you would expect to pay for a service and receive a professional service while you wait for your car. It is the same thing for an item in the game. you provide an item. the buyer provides the gil. you should do everything in your power to make sure your customer is happy.

Only bad thing about nyzul is that items must drop while your in zone. so you must take the buyer in with you. But honestly you shouldn't have to depend on the buyer for the sucess of then run. He should have come another job that wasn't so heavly dependent on. At the end of the day, you have a pissed off customer that has wasted his time with your group. He has nothing to show but lost exp and -2.5M. Yes your group has lost a good deal of your time as well. But assuming that you have sold a few of these items already, you know that the drop rate on these suck and that it can take several runs before anything may drop. That is the risk you take by selling items. That my friend is why ya'll are charging 2.5M for your items. Some times you win .. some times you lose.
 Bahamut.Pjohn
user: Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2009-02-11 17:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

We all know the the drop rate on these items.
I think this is the risk you take for selling R/E items. Not to mention the 2 other pieces of gear that drop, weapons, and ??? items that the remaining 5 people will benifit from.

So with that said if he can't provide the item that is being purchased then he should give the gil back.

RL comparision time:

I prepay for a game at the local game store with the promise it will be instock or released soon.

***goes bad the game is recalled for some reason and will never be released.

So what should happen now?

Should the store keep some or all of my money for attempting to get the game?

Should I be refunded 100% of my money despite the stores efforts to fufill my order/request?
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-02-11 17:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to add This

Checking his bazaar stuff here states that he sell askar gear for 1.5 M each, so the 2.5 M seems to be 1 M overprice already from the first agreement.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-11 17:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Dimitriaz said:
All prices negotiable. Contact me Ingame or PM for more info on how/when to obtain. No time-waisters! Dont be afraid to ask for anything that is not on the list. PLEASE NOTE: People who want nyzul gear must be fluent in English.

That last little add-on made me lol.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-02-11 17:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Dimitriaz said:
All prices negotiable. Contact me Ingame or PM for more info on how/when to obtain. No time-waisters! Dont be afraid to ask for anything that is not on the list. PLEASE NOTE: People who want nyzul gear must be fluent in English.

I'm not saying anything, just going to, eh, point out a few... ironic things. ^^;
 Bahamut.Cyr
user: Cyr
By Bahamut.Cyr 2009-02-11 18:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

This just in:

OP has too much oil dripping from his mouth, can't understand a word he is saying ;;

Also, as another player who sells RA/EX gear, I beg you all to actually stick to the deal when purchasing equipment. Don't need more oil sheikhs ruining the business for the rest of us.
[+]
 Fairy.Basilo
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2009-02-11 18:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Pjohn said:
Well Takisha sound pretty simple if you guys are unable to get him the piece of armor that he has paid for because of his skill or the comunication barrier. Give him his gil back and move on to buyers that you are able to provide the services or goods you are trying to sell. Side note: If he wants an askar piece must mean he has some sort of DD. Have him go DD and mindlessly hit stuff? I've gotten Nysle Isle armor for 1/2 my LS members and a buyer or 2. I never take a new comer a or buyer as anything but DD or lolDDs. RDM and 1 other job are too important to just let someone you dont know make things harder than they have to be. Mfive you have a 75 DD and can make it thursday 6PST for 2 runs my group will sell you an askar piece "IF" it drops. PM or send tell in game. GL

Probably the only useful response to the OP, and of course my own for bringing it to light again. Your arrangements sound alot fairer.
 Fairy.Basilo
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2009-02-11 19:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

That's still alot of gil though 2.5mil for an askar piece, when your bazaar says 1.5mil. Vaskel and Vytiss of the Fairy server which i spoke to when i wanted askar zucchetto informed me that i wouldnt be parting with any gil (700k-1mil) until the item was in my inventory. Taking into consideration fluctuations in server prices, i still agree with Dimitriaz if those were the arrangements then thats too bad for Mfive. But at the same time i..., imagine taking five dollars/pounds w/e off a five year old in exchange for one lolly and getting him to write his name on a "contract". Everyone would look down on you, its considered taking advantage of someone who doesnt understand the true value of this item.

In my opinion Dimiitriaz has someone what tarnished his said reputation for the terms he just stated even if some people are foolish enough to go with it. Pjohns arrangement sounds alot fairer and your best bet is to go with him over losing 500k each run for what could be forever more.
 Bahamut.Cyr
By Bahamut.Cyr 2009-02-11 19:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Basilo said:
That's still alot of gil though 2.5mil for an askar piece, when your bazaar says 1.5mil. Vaskel and Vytiss of the Fairy server which i spoke to when i wanted askar zucchetto informed me that i wouldnt be parting with any gil (700k-1mil) until the item was in my inventory. Taking into consideration fluctuations in server prices, i still agree with Dimitriaz if those were the arrangements then thats too bad for Mfive. But at the same time i..., imagine taking five dollars/pounds w/e off a five year old in exchange for one lolly and getting him to write his name on a "contract". Everyone would look down on you, its considered taking advantage of someone who doesnt understand the true value of this item.

In my opinion Dimiitriaz has someone what tarnished his said reputation for the terms he just stated even if some people are foolish enough to go with it. Pjohns arrangement sounds alot fairer and your best bet is to go with him over losing 500k each run for what could be forever more.

This entire post is irrelevant.

The buyer agreed to the above-stated pricing - as per Dimitriaz's post.

He did not, however, agree to anything in the section I quoted. This is purely opinion-based. Unfortunately, whether or not you think the bargain was fair, does not change the fact that an agreement was made.

People who are too dumb to understand what they are getting into should not be engaging in these types of bargains. Mfive is completely at fault, and most likely a moron.

It is truly a shame that Dimitriaz has to put up with this topic.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-11 19:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Somebody is lying, I suppose it's down to personal judgement who we decide it is.
 Bahamut.Cyr
By Bahamut.Cyr 2009-02-11 19:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone, quick! Call Lyle! This topic requires more arguing about gear.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-02-11 19:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is there a 1.5M pricetag in the bazaar?

Since when does "negotiable price" means that you'll double an already set price?

People who want nyzul gear must be fluent in English? Took 5 runs and 2.5M to figure out that his english wasn't perfect?
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-11 19:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Zanno said:
Since when does "negotiable price" means that you'll double an already set price?

I was wondering that myself. Seems Dimitriaz is at least guilty of taking advantage.
 Bahamut.Cyr
By Bahamut.Cyr 2009-02-11 19:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Taking advantage of morons is what the whole RA/EX selling business is all about. This man is a saint.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8