Guildwork no longer has charcter linked
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Asura.Manaconda
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: bignig
By Asura.Manaconda 2021-08-11 17:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Just testing the waters to see if this is a common issue since the update.

I noticed when logging in today that now my GW message says to add this character use flush --add.

this character has been linked previously, but since the update that seems to have dropped off.

Also, when I do try to add my character, it states its "Already added by another user"

as stated, I'm unsure if this is due to the update and something broke with GW, but figured I would ask
 Bismarck.Drakelth
Server: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2021-08-11 19:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed guildworks isn't flushing with //gw flush on my characters
[+]
 Asura.Manaconda
By Asura.Manaconda 2021-08-11 20:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you
I will post this over on the Broken Plugins forum
By Jetackuu 2021-08-11 20:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that is likely a guildwork issue, not windower.
 Asura.Nilats
user: Kaisr
By Asura.Nilats 2021-08-13 12:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm seeing the same, really wish it would get fixed I'd like to add my character in and have it tracked
 Asura.Manaconda
By Asura.Manaconda 2021-08-13 14:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nilats said: »
I'm seeing the same, really wish it would get fixed I'd like to add my character in and have it tracked
Seems it also killed ffxiah shouts
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-08-13 16:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Manaconda said: »
Asura.Nilats said: »
Seems it also killed ffxiah shouts

And bazaars (if those are related somehow)

But definitely killed guildwork flushing! (my key items/titles show up literally instantly when its working)
By Kaisr 2021-08-13 16:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we summon Rooks or someone to take a look at it or is support so beyond dead at this point its pointless to try?
 Asura.Manaconda
By Asura.Manaconda 2021-08-13 17:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaisr said: »
Can we summon Rooks or someone to take a look at it or is support so beyond dead at this point its pointless to try?
I’m not sure, I know I spoke with Rooks a few months back about another issue with GW. I don’t think it’s that far beyond dead honestly, I just think there was a small hiccup with this update.
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2021-08-13 18:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Guildwork has been fundamentally broken for 10+ years.
[+]
 Asura.Manaconda
By Asura.Manaconda 2021-08-13 18:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »
Guildwork has been fundamentally broken for 10+ years.
It did okay for a while, and for the most part functions well for veteran players, just had big issues when LS community closed its doors and the new players trying to setup after that.
 Asura.Theodus
user: Theodus
By Asura.Theodus 2021-08-14 01:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

This issue also seems to mess up the bazaar listings. It shows players belonging to the incorrect server.

For example this screenshot shows Alexeina on Unicorn but he's never been on Unicorn. He's currently on Asura.

Link to screenshot since I can't post images

I think it also listed the same character multiple times on different servers but I didn't get a screenshot of that.
 Asura.Manaconda
By Asura.Manaconda 2021-08-14 09:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Theodus said: »
This issue also seems to mess up the bazaar listings. It shows players belonging to the incorrect server.

For example this screenshot shows Alexeina on Unicorn but he's never been on Unicorn. He's currently on Asura.

Link to screenshot since I can't post images

I think it also listed the same character multiple times on different servers but I didn't get a screenshot of that.

Yeah it seems to have thrown a wrench in the whole works. Bazaars, shouts, flush, everything.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-08-17 20:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanting to know who I need to pay to fix the gw flushing for my titles. Gotta start workin on those ballista titles!
 Asura.Manaconda
By Asura.Manaconda 2021-08-17 20:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Just wanting to know who I need to pay to fix the gw flushing for my titles. Gotta start workin on those ballista titles!
I still think its up to Scraggs and Rooks, im not sure if anyone has contacted them yet about it or not
By Jetackuu 2021-08-17 22:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I still think its up to Scraggs and Rooks, im not sure if anyone has contacted them yet about it or not
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/18542/random-thoughtswhat-are-you-thinking/21931/#3590441
 Asura.Manaconda
By Asura.Manaconda 2021-08-17 22:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/18542/random-thoughtswhat-are-you-thinking/21931/#3590441
yeah i shot him a message before seeing this, his reply was as follows.

Yeah, SE broke the server ID signature - the windower team has to fix this, but they're on it. Sorry for the hassle.

thank you for the link Jeta
 Asura.Nilats
By Asura.Nilats 2021-08-21 00:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice to know that yearly sub i paid to gw is worth the money /s
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-08-21 01:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

hasn't been worth it in ages. people in charge of the ffxi related projects are relatively absentee. anyone remember when that usagi moron took over guildwork? jesus

i dont blame them, its just a fact
 Asura.Nilats
By Asura.Nilats 2021-08-21 08:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I know its been degrading for a while, but I want to be able to support those who have brought great addons and features to a 20 year old game. Just wish it was at least maintained.
By Draylo 2021-08-21 08:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly seems to be the thing with this game lol, sadly as people get older they just lose interest. When the company in charge barely supports and never promotes the game, its easy to see why little by little things get abandoned. If there was a way to directly donate to motivate someone to effectively run XI related sites and addons, I'm sure many would happily do so. I personally would not put my money towards GW given the utter lack of care in the bare minimum of maintenance, even if it trickles down.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Flamey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Flamey
By Quetzalcoatl.Flamey 2021-08-22 18:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem is noticed is that it seems to think my character is on a different server now. Super weird.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-08-22 22:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Few things here...

1st) Stan handed over GW to Scragg last year maybe 2019 for the purposes of FFXIAH data mostly. If you have a sub to GW what you're really supporting is FFXIAH at this point. Since almost nothing GW does outside of handing data to FFXIAH is really worked on by Rooks.

2nd) The fix is super simple(memloc location change) for server ID, the problem at hand is it's not the GW Plugin but the exe file the plugin grabs that needs the update and to be recompiled. Outside of Stan no one has tried the compile the thing in like 7+ years but everyone's dev environment has drastically changed since back then.

Rooks has gotten Scragg to give Arcon(Windower Team) access to the exe repo but he's having a hell of time getting it to compile.

This one might take a while.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2021-08-22 22:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

How many and in what order C++ libraries do you need to install? :D
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-08-23 08:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Few things here...

1st) Stan handed over GW to Scragg last year maybe 2019 for the purposes of FFXIAH data mostly. If you have a sub to GW what you're really supporting is FFXIAH at this point. Since almost nothing GW does outside of handing data to FFXIAH is really worked on by Rooks.

2nd) The fix is super simple(memloc location change) for server ID, the problem at hand is it's not the GW Plugin but the exe file the plugin grabs that needs the update and to be recompiled. Outside of Stan no one has tried the compile the thing in like 7+ years but everyone's dev environment has drastically changed since back then.

Rooks has gotten Scragg to give Arcon(Windower Team) access to the exe repo but he's having a hell of time getting it to compile.

no offense but other than rooks that's a bunch of names who look at ffxi once a year. i'm in strong agreement with draylo, which is painful to say. would be nice if someone would maintain these things that's invested in the game. seems unlikely though. also from a programmatic look at things if you have the source changing something this simple even with the most spaghetti of code should at max take an hour. i'm gonna say it hasn't been looked at.

at the same time though if there's no money in it, like is claimed, they should have no problem passing the project off to someone who actually wants to work on them.

i'm guessing the "theres no money in it" is a complete lie though. hosting costs are basically nothing these days
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-08-23 08:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Where do I send the money that makes someone fix it by the end of the day

What a bad time to buy and rank up 4 new accounts so I can solo farm and gw flush all of the ballista Titles. OOF
[+]
 Sylph.Ketsui
Server: Sylph
user: Lutia
By Sylph.Ketsui 2021-08-24 13:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Heck even I would take a look at it instantly, if the source code was available.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zabitaru
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zabimaru
By Ragnarok.Zabitaru 2021-08-24 15:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Few things here...

Thanks for the info. Any updates will be appreciated.
[+]
 Bismarck.Drakelth
Server: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2021-08-24 17:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Would some one EiLi5 why a replacement addon is way more work or impossible? J/w if anyone has considered just making something new? Will add I am a complete idiot in programming, coding and whatever else this would entail. I am just curious and not asking anyone to do anything.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9