Guildwork no longer has charcter linked
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Bahamut.Lunatix
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Lunatix 2021-09-07 22:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kurosen said: »
so is guildwork completely broken/down? i tried updating my character and it never would, tried unlinking and relinking, but it says its still linked to an account now that it isn't, made a new account and tried linking it there and still the same problem...

same thing happens to me. I actually noticed a few times people showing up in Unicorn server. My bazaar came back a few days ago, but is no longer showing :(

Not too worried about my stats, even though it's nice to keep track of progress and see what I have, but the bazaar not showing is a bummer.
By Jetackuu 2021-09-07 22:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niflheim said: »
The issue with the guildwork plugin is not some grand conspiracy or some explicit lack of effort. Issue is very simple a component necessary for the plugin to work can not currently be rebuilt due to an undocumented/unknown build environment, being unable to replicate something you have no really information on will prove to be difficult. If you have ever worked at a small company(or sadly some large ones) which have legacy software build you can understand the that this is a very common problem.

and lastly it is being worked on, discussion happen in our private discord channel.
Just quoting this for people who don't want to look back, afaik this is still the current status.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-09-08 00:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Slight update Arcon gave up on it but I asked Rooks and Scagg for access and got it this morning. I'll poke at it tomorrow.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zabitaru
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zabimaru
By Ragnarok.Zabitaru 2021-09-08 00:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Slight update Arcon gave up on it but I asked Rooks and Scagg for access and got it this morning. I'll poke at it tomorrow.

Thanks.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-09-08 06:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yooo, let's go

Extra donation moolah if you find someway to get gw to track/update mission status here
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-09-08 17:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

at least Chiaia kind of plays the game.

the longer this thread goes on the more my posts should ring true, but they won't
 Asura.Kurosen
user: Kurosen
By Asura.Kurosen 2021-09-11 21:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

That would be legit, I kinda screwed my accounts up though...is anything gonna happen with the site? I'd love for my bazaars to show up again
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-09-15 07:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Do we know yet if there is any possibility of fixing at all? No rush on anything and don't need a timeframe, I just want to know if I should unsubscribe the 4 extra accounts I have waiting to help me earn/flush ballista titles

Gotta save that money!
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-09-17 02:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Do we know yet if there is any possibility of fixing at all? No rush on anything and don't need a timeframe, I just want to know if I should unsubscribe the 4 extra accounts I have waiting to help me earn/flush ballista titles

Gotta save that money!
I got quite a bit further then Arcon did in the first night I tried, 48 hours after access, my free time is normally none XI event nights which is 3-4 nights depending on the week problem is 2 of my friends caught Covid that run with my other friend so I been filling in one of the spots so their Ody group doesn't stop (so pretty much 7 nights a week). Oh yea also Update night happened and I focused on that the one night.

Once everything goes back to normal I think GW data will be back up and running.

Edit: I stand corrected by my friend one person caught Covid the other was taking a month and half break to further their career, tests.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-09-17 02:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for your efforts
[+]
 Asura.Kurosen
By Asura.Kurosen 2021-09-18 20:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

will this affect the website at all? I don't think I can re-add my character due to the linkshell requirement thing.
By Jetackuu 2021-09-18 22:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kurosen said: »
will this affect the website at all? I don't think I can re-add my character due to the linkshell requirement thing.

I'm fairly certain they're just trying to fix the data acquisition portion of the plugin due to it needing updating, nothing more.
[+]
 Asura.Kurosen
By Asura.Kurosen 2021-09-19 14:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

welp i guess I'm SoL then lol
 Lakshmi.Cesil
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-09-20 09:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Lakshmi.Cesil said: »
Apologies if this doesn't go here...

How do I update my characters gear, weapons, etc on ffixah? I've tired so many times with //gw flush since returning to ffxi and my gear on ffxiah has not updated since like 2016. ><

Its not that important, but mostly curious if I am doing something wrong. ; ;

It's down currently. If you moved servers it's probably even more down even if it weren't entirely down. After thr plugin is reworked, likely (kindly) poke Rooks about it if it still doesn't work.

Thank you very much for your response, most appreciated! :) I just reinstalled the guildwork plugin, logged in, and typed //gw flush and no dice. I also tried to "Update" my character on the guildwork site, but it doesn't seem to be adding my new items and titles ; ;

From my understanding, we are patiently waiting for it to be updated and fixed? Just want to make sure I am doing to commands properly.

Thank you all so much for all your hard work on this!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2021-09-20 10:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I'm not doing jack squat. Just somewhat trying to pay attention.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-09-20 12:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Oh I'm not doing jack squat. Just the only person somewhat trying to pay attention.
 Ragnarok.Zabitaru
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zabimaru
By Ragnarok.Zabitaru 2021-10-02 07:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Any progress/updates?
[+]
By ksoze 2021-10-02 07:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the ffxiah shout box related to this?
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-10-02 08:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Petition to move this thread to:
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/forum/53/undead/
because ***ain't never gonna die.

Curious because the only thing that comes up more often is new "Fast and Furious" sequels.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2021-10-02 08:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

ksoze said: »
Is the ffxiah shout box related to this?
yes
 Asura.Slugger
user: Beau
By Asura.Slugger 2021-10-02 10:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

And the bazaar functions are also related I assume?
 Asura.Kurosen
By Asura.Kurosen 2021-10-05 14:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Slugger said: »
And the bazaar functions are also related I assume?

also yes
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-10-05 16:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I finally had some time to work on this this last Sunday sadly GW plugin won't connect to the gw server atm so I had to stop. I had pinged Rooks because the server cert had expired and he updated it really fast and that got the website working again but for some reason the plugin still won't connect, about to ping him again.

Edit: I have pinged him in discord. We'll see...

Edit 2: Rooks will look into it tonight for me.

Edit 3: No word from Rooks tonight.
[+]
By Tanag 2021-10-05 20:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome to hear some progress is being made.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-10-06 06:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Indeed, tyvm for all the effort
 Lakshmi.Cesil
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-10-06 06:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for your hard work :)
[+]
 Phoenix.Enochroot
Server: Phoenix
user: enoch
By Phoenix.Enochroot 2021-10-06 10:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Appreciated!
 Leviathan.Wiccaan
Server: Leviathan
user: Wiccaan
By Leviathan.Wiccaan 2021-10-14 04:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Late to the party since I don't come on this site much at all, but wanted to respond to some things mentioned about me/Ashita. (I am the lead developer of Ashita.)

Asura.Tsm said: »
so just like any ffxi related project the reason is as follows:

generally they don't think they would get support from the community once the old project(in this case guildwork) is fixed by the absentee parents that maintain them because people prefer to stick with what they know.

to put it simply, and to give you a real world example.. someone could make a complete guildwork replacement and some people might use it, but most wouldn't, and the ones who do some would switch back to guildwork once guildwork is fixed.

you can look at this example with windower/ashita. the windower team is very absentee. out of the people who have worked on the project and the main core very few of them pay any attention to ffxi at all. generally they only fix things when people *** excessively and that's why windower 5 has been in the pipes for decade. meanwhile, ashita is ran by people who still are invested in FFXIs interest in some shape or form but the vast majority of people still stick with windower.

tldr blame yourself

I'm not sure what you are trying to imply here, but the whole idea of 'X' project cares more than 'Y' is a bit of a stretch. Ashita and Windower are not at war or see each other as a competing platform. We are both free and welcome anyone to use our stuff. There has always been some weird player-driven 'hate' between the projects that made people think we hate each other. We don't. There isn't any ill-will or bad blood between us at all.

As for my 'invested interest' into FFXI. Something a lot of people don't know is that I don't play the game. I haven't for years. I quit back before Abyssea came out. I came back for 1 month towards the end of Abyssea and quit again. Then came back for about 2-3 months about 2 years ago and quit again. I hate retail. I have no interest in it at all. I just work on Ashita/FFXI because it has been something I've loved for years and have done since I started playing the game originally. But to say I have a bigger interest in it than Windowers team is a huge stretch and not really accurate at all.

nah, unfortunately i've known most of your core devs(and guildworkds) throughout their cycles of inactivity. the majority of support is done by randos in the community.

bonkers that there are people willing to publicly post POCs(which they probably made relatively quickly) of things you guys can't fix in months. wild isn't it? but we'll take your word you're working on it

pearl clutching goblins

edit: may seem that i'm being harsh but this problem is very very simple. if you don't have the time or passion to handle a project don't take it on. pass it off to someone who wants to work on it. if you've worked at any company ever you should understand this concept :). pretending you're some altruistic do gooder who spends 2 hours a year on ffxi is not impressing anyone

It's easy for you, as a player, to sit and assume how something works and just ***on the work of others when something breaks. This is often why a lot of open source, freeware, etc. developers get burnt out and leave. Guildwork is not just the plugin that either project, Ashita or Windower, has. The plugin actually does close to nothing. It simply downloads the current Guildwork.exe, and forwards some data to it. The Guildwork.exe maintains the rest of the data handling that is read from the client memory. However, this is not even close to any of the real guts of what makes Guildwork exist/work. All the data handling/processing is done on the server end, which the Guildwork.exe sends back to.

Ashita and Windower's teams have access to the plugin's source, and the Guildwork.exe source (python). We do not have access to the website side of things. (At least I am not aware of anyone but a small set of people in the past having any access to it, none of which were devs for either project.) At this time, as far as I know, only Rooks and one other person have access to the server/site side of things.

Fixing the plugin and exe isn't a big deal, and getting the exe updated and uploaded to be downloaded is a matter of just getting Rooks to deal with whoever is in charge of the aws instance now. But any actual site-sided processing and other related handling that is broken needs to be handled by Rooks or whoever else actually has access to the website side.

This isn't a matter of us not caring or bothering to fix it. It's simply that we can't fix the main problems.

Either way the solution is simple. Pass the project off to people who care.

The issue with this is that Scraggs won't.

Recreating FFXIAH isn't exactly rocket science either though, but it's a matter of no one being interested in investing the time and resources into doing it now this late into the game. Connecting to the AH servers as a headless client and dumping history is extremely easy to do.

i brought windower up to reference a relatively abandoned project that people stick to instead of embracing a newer more active project(ashita), albeit not as abandoned as ffxiah/guildwork.

Windower is far from abandoned lol..

Phoenix.Enochroot said: »
I'm an oldschool windower user so based on tsm's post I went to look at ashita and what they're up to these days. Seems pretty disorganized. Changelog last updated 3 years ago. Wiki last updated 4 years ago. Github issue tracker with all of 2 issues in it. Poking around a bit more, found the self-hosted git repo and that at least looks current.

Our resources are a bit scattered, which will be addressed when Ashita v4 is finalized and released. Things mainly happened in a manner that caused me to lose time over the years and not be able to sink it into the lesser parts of the project (ie. docs) which hardly anyone ever reads anyway. It's easier to just help/walk someone through things on Discord at this point than to worry about a docs page being available for every little detail.

Our wiki(s) are 'locked' and no longer used and mostly just kept for a previous reference point. The changelog happens on Discord now as well since we plan to move [nearly] entirely off of having a website besides a landing page when v4 is released as well. Our GitHub tracker is not used yet as our Git handling has been done on personal hosting rather than using GitHub due to how we coded our launcher years ago for auto-updates. GitHub did not allow the setup we were needing at the time so we opt'd to host ourselves. So most of the things you listed are just not actually used or being discontinued in the somewhat near future.

Going forward though, v4 will be on GitHub entirely as the platform has greatly improved since we originally first wrote our launcher that had auto-updates.

If anyone is interested in Ashita, you can find us/our changelog and any other info in regards to Ashita on Discord here: https://discord.gg/Ashita
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-10-14 05:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

"Fixing the plugin and exe isn't a big deal, and getting the exe updated and uploaded to be downloaded is a matter of just getting Rooks to deal with whoever is in charge of the aws instance now"

[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-10-14 07:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
"Fixing the plugin and exe isn't a big deal, and getting the exe updated and uploaded to be downloaded is a matter of just getting Rooks to deal with whoever is in charge of the aws instance now"
Also Rooks did look into it either the next night or the following it's above him and he sent it up to Scragg. I can't say when he'll get to it, so for now it'll sit broken.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9