Guildwork no longer has charcter linked
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-25 19:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna and Vyre post every now and then, they're the mods. They just seem to go more hands off lately for...reasons I guess.

Reporting is probably infrequent too though, apathy hits hard
By Jetackuu 2021-08-25 19:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niflheim said: »
Arcon or Iryoku and tell them, they are really nice guys they don't bite.
Maybe small bites. So'k tho.
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-08-25 19:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Anna and Vyre post every now and then, they're the mods. They just seem to go more hands off lately for...reasons I guess.

Reporting is probably infrequent too though, apathy hits hard
you'd be amazed. ffxi players are insanely petty. i bet a post a page gets reported and by multiple people. i've seen some of the screenshots of things that people on BG report, not ffxiah but another ffxi forum.

it's likely this hasn't been locked/i haven't been topic banned because no one has looked at it
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-08-25 19:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tsm said: »
ffxi players are insanely petty. i bet a post a page gets reported and by multiple people

Sounds like it's justifiable if multiple people are reporting then. Hard to grasp that one I guess.
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2021-08-25 20:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

regardless it doesn't sound like you want help judging by how that was walked back. you just want people to sit in your discord and answer gearswap questions.

i brought windower up to reference a relatively abandoned project that people stick to instead of embracing a newer more active project(ashita), albeit not as abandoned as ffxiah/guildwork.

you were my example
I think they said you're welcome to ask if you can join the team. I mean you could do that or you could continue to suck your own *** ITT.
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-08-25 20:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
ffxi players are insanely petty. i bet a post a page gets reported and by multiple people

Sounds like it's justifiable if multiple people are reporting then. Hard to grasp that one I guess.

they're somewhere in their mid 30-40s reporting someone on an auction house internet forum for a 20 year old game. i don't think i'm the one not grasping something

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
regardless it doesn't sound like you want help judging by how that was walked back. you just want people to sit in your discord and answer gearswap questions.

i brought windower up to reference a relatively abandoned project that people stick to instead of embracing a newer more active project(ashita), albeit not as abandoned as ffxiah/guildwork.

you were my example
I think they said you're welcome to ask if you can join the team. I mean you could do that or you could continue to suck your own *** ITT.

there's a 0% chance the source of anything that needs fixed is going to be given to anyone. i know quite a few people who put years and hours and hours of effort into windower and barely got to see the source of luacore. it was a bluff, he got called, he folded.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-08-25 20:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

lol you're literally here bashing and shitposting every chance you get, are you that obtuse? How much rent do your parents charge you? lol
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2021-08-25 20:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure there are ways to contribute but that would actually be doing something useful.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2021-08-25 22:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »

you were my example

there's a 0% chance the source of anything that needs fixed is going to be given to anyone. i know quite a few people who put years and hours and hours of effort into windower and barely got to see the source of luacore. it was a bluff, he got called, he folded.

I think you might have misspoke here, luacore is easy to get access to it is also nothing special, the hook on the other hand is not. you can think of luacore as a plugin, mostly because its in the plugins repo.

That all said the hook is basically unchanging, this most recent issue was all in the plugin side of the application.

Also you're welcome to call it a bluff, but i got the unobtainable access to luacore. I did it by simply DMing Arcon when he bumped this post in 2017. I wanted to give back to the project that sparked my joy in programming. I have learned a lot and its a fun project to be a part of.

As much as you want it to be a monolithic leet club of programmers, it really just a simple group, with a literal standing invitation for people to join... just no one ever asks to join. I think a lot of people are intimidated by the idea of what they make it up to be in their head so they think their not good enough.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-08-25 23:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

We can all just be honest and admit not many probably have the time or passion to support stuff for this game. I just wish, like I said earlier, we can somehow donate directly so that things get done. I wouldn't mind that in the least knowing it motivates people to do something for the game. That's just me though, I'm fully aware and prepared that eventually these people will give up and move on from their projects like many have done in the past.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cesil
Server: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-08-26 01:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Apologies if this doesn't go here...

How do I update my characters gear, weapons, etc on ffixah? I've tired so many times with //gw flush since returning to ffxi and my gear on ffxiah has not updated since like 2016. ><

Its not that important, but mostly curious if I am doing something wrong. ; ;
[+]
 Valefor.Worlace
Server: Valefor
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2021-08-26 05:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
We can all just be honest and admit not many probably have the time or passion to support stuff for this game. I just wish, like I said earlier, we can somehow donate directly so that things get done. I wouldn't mind that in the least knowing it motivates people to do something for the game. That's just me though, I'm fully aware and prepared that eventually these people will give up and move on from their projects like many have done in the past.

I would also happily donate to both this forum or the windower project. For the amount of hours I’ve used either one, a donation is the least I can do.
[+]
 Phoenix.Enochroot
Server: Phoenix
user: enoch
By Phoenix.Enochroot 2021-08-26 10:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Another elephant in the room and obstacle to building a community around supporting the game is SE's stance on working with the community. I suspect it'd be an entirely different story if they exposed their own API for folks to poke at and build on. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise that they've not done so, as *** things up seems to be second nature to them. /shrug

Let's face it, building community tools for this game is thankless and adversarial. It doesn't need to be that way, but those are the cards we've been dealt.
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-08-26 12:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

it's really quite simple, someone needs to make something that offers the features that the community wants and charge for it and actually maintain the project. we are all in our mid to late 30s and 40s. most of us have stable jobs and should be able to support a $5/month project. this is what guildwork kind of was when it was abandoned. doing it this way makes it worth it for the person to maintain the project and deal with shitty users like me and others.

instead we get cloak and dagger ad revenue services and people paying for guildwork premium with no real visibility or front facing "company" for lack of a better word.

donations are inconsistent and lead to problems like what the top cheating programs out there run into, most months they get $25 to $50 in donations, months that things break they get $500. tens of thousands of people using them and making pennies per user. sadly this rarely even pays for upkeep and i don't think its going to motivate any individual or group of individuals to continue to maintain a project for a 20 year old game.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2021-08-26 12:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Cesil said: »

How do I update my characters gear, weapons, etc on ffixah? I've tired so many times with //gw flush since returning to ffxi and my gear on ffxiah has not updated since like 2016. ><

It's down currently. If you moved servers it's probably even more down even if it weren't entirely down. After thr plugin is reworked, likely (kindly) poke Rooks about it if it still doesn't work.
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2021-08-29 15:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

It's down currently. If you moved servers it's probably even more down even if it weren't entirely down. After thr plugin is reworked, likely (kindly) poke Rooks about it if it still doesn't work.

Yeah I'm having the same problem as well, I finally Mastered my SMN yesterday and was flushing the guildwork plugin and it still hasn't updated to display on ffxiah. Also I think a lot of people have this issue but none of my completed story missions have ever showed on my char profiles. I take it someone has to notify Rooks about getting guildwork fixed?
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-08-29 15:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiehna said: »
Also I think a lot of people have this issue but none of my completed story missions have ever showed on my char profiles.
GW never collected this data the SE Community Beta website did, that closed years ago.
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2021-08-29 16:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Asura.Shiehna said: »
Also I think a lot of people have this issue but none of my completed story missions have ever showed on my char profiles.
GW never collected this data the SE Community Beta website did, that closed years ago.

Oh okay, well that is a shame then. I guess there is no other way to update those on here. But things like jobs mastered and REMA weapons I'm assuming is still handled by guildwork.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-08-29 19:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I say we make our own Guildwork! With Missions! And Mastery rank! And blackjack! and Hookers!

youknowwhatforgettheguildwork.gif
[+]
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2021-08-30 09:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

do you believe Rooks would fix it?

I think if he could it would be fixed by now.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2021-08-30 19:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kuroganashi said: »

do you believe Rooks would fix it?

I think if he could it would be fixed by now.

You could just ask the guy.
 Bahamut.Raycian
Server: Bahamut
user: raycian
By Bahamut.Raycian 2021-08-30 21:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

No u.
[+]
By joemamma 2021-08-31 01:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

How will people know how great you are at FFXI without all these internet points ?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-08-31 01:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

joemamma said: »
How will people know how great you are at FFXI without all these internet points ?
[+]
 Asura.Kurosen
user: Kurosen
By Asura.Kurosen 2021-09-01 17:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

so is guildwork completely broken/down? i tried updating my character and it never would, tried unlinking and relinking, but it says its still linked to an account now that it isn't, made a new account and tried linking it there and still the same problem...
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2021-09-01 17:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
I say we make our own Guildwork! With Missions! And Mastery rank! And blackjack! and Hookers!

youknowwhatforgettheguildwork.gif
You could call it Guildactuallyworkswetotallypromise
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-09-01 20:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Any points/title collecting are just for me to keep track of my personal progress. I can't imagine that anyone feels otherwise and thinks of it as some kind of weird showing off.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2021-09-01 20:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Any points/title collecting are just for me to keep track of my personal progress. I can't imagine that anyone feels otherwise and thinks of it as some kind of weird showing off.

I know that you know better than this. :P
FFXI is always about who has the girthiest of meats.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-09-01 20:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »

993 titles and counting, baybee!
[+]
By joemamma 2021-09-07 17:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »

993 titles and counting, baybee!

That's nothing I'm so good at FFXI that I hired some guy in Taiwan to play it for me.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9