Frustrated
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2021-02-03 19:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

And it was long established that spamming lower difficulties solo was better than teaming up for VD runs if you aren't killing fetters.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2021-02-03 21:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xelltrix said: »
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
"Yeah, but, it cant faceroll an apex mob so it needs help"

lmao, Apex mobs are one of the only things that BLMs DO faceroll. Why would you use that as an example?

Nah their not even good for that as you can multi-step them faster then a BLM can nuke.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-03 21:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

spamming lower difficulties solo was better

How exactly is it better?
 Shiva.Xelltrix
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2021-02-03 22:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Since you are stuck with one slot if you don't kill the Wardens and you have to bring more than one person to kill VD, you're dividing up the drops from one slot between however many people are going whereas soloing it on E is much faster and guarantees you get all of the drops. The drop rate on the higher difficulties isn't even that much higher for Lilith IIRC so there is very little point to partying up for her if don't kill Spite Wardens.

Asura.Saevel said: »
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
"Yeah, but, it cant faceroll an apex mob so it needs help"

lmao, Apex mobs are one of the only things that BLMs DO faceroll. Why would you use that as an example?

Nah their not even good for that as you can multi-step them faster then a BLM can nuke.

Ehhh, it's about the same. Two steps that can one shot the mob without an MB are faster but at least the time difference isn't really that big since one MB should kill the mob too.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-03 22:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Since you are stuck with one slot if you don't kill the Wardens and you have to bring more than one person to kill VD, you're dividing up the drops from one slot between however many people are going whereas soloing it on E is much faster and guarantees you get all of the drops. The drop rate on the higher difficulties isn't even that much higher for Lilith IIRC so there is very little point to partying up for her if don't kill Spite Wardens.

You're not wrong for the case you presented, but that's just a convenient way of phrasing "it's better". The person doing VD could very well be multiboxers, which isn't uncommon. In that case, the gear is all yours so spamming sp kills is clearly faster. If you do it with a consistent group of people, not only is the drop rates still better, but the kills are faster and you will spend less time overall spamming merits to repeat fights.

To say that the drop rate "isn't even that much higher" on VD is simply not true. It's clearly higher, just the majority of people would rather guarantee a win on a lower difficulty with all the drops (even if it takes them months) vs split drops in a group with a better chance of drops, with the extra risk of losing with strangers. Plus it's really annoying losing an item to someone when you needed it.

Now if you're 0/5 malignance, it makes perfect sense to solo so you can get some pieces to yourself and not have to fight with anybody. But once you get 3/5 or 4/5, that last piece can take FOREVER to get, because you have everything else. In that case, grouping up with people and doing fights with a better drop rate for a targeted drop is going to get your last piece much faster than soloing
By Afania 2021-02-04 06:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

IIRC so there is very little point to partying up for her if don't kill Spite Wardens.

Unless there is a new cheese strat for wardens that I dont know about, no fetter VD run is slightly more efficient IMO.

If you do no warden run with BLM, and each run takes 2 min, 4x2=8, it takes 8 min to complete 4 runs for 4 drop slots.

Even if getting KI takes 2 min, getting 3 more KI to retry only takes 6 more min for 14 min total.

In other words, unless you can kill all 3 wardens in VD in less than 14 min, or theres a long wait between each try, you arent beating no fetter run in terms of efficiency.

Never mind the fact that in BLM setup only RUN, SCH, BLM amd GEO needs to be geared and have playing skill, the other 2 people can just be a roll *** and TH *** that just sits there spamming absorb TP.

In other words, in BLM setup you can find any 2 people for last 2 slots as long as they can spam absorb TP. They can be people needing different drops, or nice people that just wants to help, or your mules, whatever.

In a warden kill run the other 5 people has to be well geared players that you would invite to difficult content, then you have to hope they need different pieces.

If you 4 box BLM setup should be far easier to pull off since GEO SCH BLM can be automated quite easily. Then all you need to do is finding 2 other leechs that needs different pieces.
By SimonSes 2021-02-04 07:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Even if getting KI takes 2 min, getting 3 more KI to retry only takes 6 more min for 14 min total.

In other words, unless you can kill all 3 wardens in VD in less than 14 min, or theres a long wait between each try, you arent beating no fetter run in terms of efficiency.

Someone (Maybe Papesse?) showed results of 20+ runs with fetters kills and it looked like it was FAR more efficient, simply because weapons/accessories seems to have much higher chance to roll for that 1st slot and having more than one slot increased drop rate of armor a lot. I think there was even some pools with double armor.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-04 07:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The point was specifically, not killing fetters. Don't do the thing where you go 5 pages on a tangent...

Is it "better" to kill all the wardens, yeah, probably efficiency wise.
And it was long established that spamming lower difficulties solo was better than teaming up for VD runs if you aren't killing fetters.

And it's not even about blm regardless, blm probably the single least useful job for lillyface in any scenario.

...Single least useful job for absolutely everything, just sayin... not even the best job to be on to warp someone

The first step in getting something fixed is acknowledging something needs fixing. Being a fanboy is counterproductive.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-02-04 08:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
The first step in getting something fixed is acknowledging something needs fixing. Being a fanboy is counterproductive.

this is really understated, to the point i felt a + wasn't enough

(though i'd still rather they nerf the ***out of the other 21 jobs than buff blm)
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-04 08:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »

this is really understated, to the point i felt a + wasn't enough

(though i'd still rather they nerf the ***out of the other 21 jobs than buff blm)

If the expected trend is no more difficulty in content for the next 2+ years, I wholeheartedly agree.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-04 08:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

That's my stance too.

Bursts work when DD aren't attacking faster than the animations allow. Bursts are slow, calculated. The Game, is no longer slow.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-02-04 12:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Only time I actively look for magic bursts in the year of our lord 2021 is when I have magic burst objectives in omen for my poverty cards.
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2021-02-04 12:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

sucks because that's THE gimmick to ffxi gameplay. otherwise you just faceroll everything, skillchain + magic burst at least requires some teamwork and coordination beyond just being in a party with someone.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-05 08:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

All jobs adjustment 2022 (their big things for the 20th ani) This should be an obvious place to do elemental magic overhaul. Holding off on adjustments for a "full rebalance".

Only ~15 more months of nothing, then, maybe.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-05 09:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

All jobs adjustment 2022 (their big things for the 20th ani) This should be an obvious place to do elemental magic overhaul. Holding off on adjustments for a "full rebalance".

Only ~15 more months of nothing, then, maybe.

yeah...rebalance everything right at the last update the game will ever see ;)
[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2021-02-05 18:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Naughtydread said: »
Hello, I am looking for advice. IT seems almost impossible to get parties with a BLM even my LS won't bring me. Does anyone have any suggestions for being able to play as a BLM. I tried SMN and did not enjoy the job.

Make more characters and be your own one man alliance!
By Numquam 2021-02-10 07:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not reading the whole thing. If you're still playing, I'm on Asura. Name is Numquam. I'll CP with you.
[+]
By Kasumuni88 2021-02-11 10:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

i'll join for Capacity points
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-14 19:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***a shout for a BLM

TWO DIFFERENT SHOUTS SEEKING BLM OMG
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-02-14 20:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2021-02-14 23:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »

I think it is if you remove the Valentine's thing.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8