Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 149 150 151 ... 238 239 240
By Vaerix 2021-07-17 03:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Only doing this lineup for a couple more kills but works well.

Xevioso T3 Bee
Sam/Cor/Brd/Whm/Geo/Smn
HM/Min x3/Scherzo
Monk/Sam
EA/TP Bonus/Shining Ruby/H2/Mew during fight

Henwen T2 Pig
Drg/Pup/Bst/Dnc/Blu/War

Sgili T1 Umbril
Blm/Run/Nin/Rdm/ANY/Sch
By zixxer 2021-07-17 04:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Asura.Tydis said: »
As a guy who only did Odyssey to clear it because I wasn't too into the game at the time and ended up taking a 3 month break, what is the best way to tackle Odyssey?

I figured I'd start with Sheol A to get my bearings, from what information I have found I was thinking maybe kill Agon mobs and then use Izzat to spawn NMs to work on Moogle Mastery or something.

I don't really understand much of this event though, would anyone be able to advise?

Join segment parties to farm segments.
Kill NMs in shaol: Gaol using segments to unlock ability to buy equipment from moogle. Kill more NMs at higher difficulties to obtain RP to augment that equipment.
Leveling MM has currently no benefits other than making your trusts significantly stronger, but you can't solo Atonement 3 and 4 NMs (and those unlocks/augment best armor sets) at higher difficulties anyway even with MM level 45. So it's up to you if you want to level MM for achievement or if you think SE can some day decide to make MM relevant for something more.

Another benefit is acquiring max mm will lower the cost of unity materials to pop mobs.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-07-17 06:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Has it been confirmed if that's related to MM or if it's actually related to "number of times you popped NMs in that zone"?

Because the same thing (being related to MM) was said about chests too, whereas it was found out only later that there is no relation and the Izzat price required to open chests goes down exclusively with "number of times you've opened chests of the same type before".

Given that, I wouldn't be surprised if the number of mats required followed the same logic and hence being completely unrelated to MM.
By Taint 2021-07-17 06:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It’s the same logic as the chest.

The more you pop the cheaper it gets. Nothing to do with MM.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-07-17 07:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah at this point I don't even try to correct people about it. I lost count how many times people come out of nowhere and try to inform people about MM affecting chests or number of unity NM pop items.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-07-17 09:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't blame them when it's been said multiple times on these boards (in the past) and when the BG wiki pages still haven't been updated =/
By SimonSes 2021-07-17 09:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Can't blame them when it's been said multiple times on these boards (in the past) and when the BG wiki pages still haven't been updated =/

True I blame people who said it like a fact when they were only guessing it. On the other hand I was trying to correct that here for very early days of Odyssey like 10 times now.

Edit: and people who updated wiki with this false info.
I deleted that part from wiki now.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-07-17 11:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's a lineup I am working on with my group. Only tried it once but I think it will work, given how well we did the first time trying it.

Ngai
MNK PUP WAR (blunt) BRD COR WHM
-Standard bounce hate between 3 DDs. PUP must be geared for DPS. Can deploy a healer robot from afar if you want, for additional support (if Marine Mayhem kills it, just run away and resummon it). Can can WS during aura to help proc blue.

Sgili
SCH RUN SMN (SAM DNC THF - any DD works fine)
Might need Tabula to guarantee Cursna's go off on everybody, but easy enough fight even if people die.

Marmorkrebs
PLD BLU*(RDM in future) BST GEO RNG BLM
-GEO Malaise, Indi-INT or Acumen. BLM nukes nonstop during windows. PLD tanks in corner (Aegis), heals self, Savage Blades for SC. BLU heals PLD with Magic Fruit. BST uses Slug for -Attack or Tulfaire to participate in SC with RNG + PLD. Can also use Swooping Frenzy to land MDB-25% (Bredo may also be used, but hard to shuffle through pets. Might be best to stay with Tulfaire). RNG can open and close a 3-step light of Jishnu's Radiance > Savage Blade > Jishnu's Radiance. You don't have to bother moving for Hover shot, since the damage is mostly resisted. So TP speed will go up. You can sub out the last WS in the chain for Tulfaire's Pentapeck, which creates the same 3-step SC (you can use Last stand as well at the start).

We used BLU instead of RDM for the first time we did this, but I think RDM is far superior as a slot here for multiple reasons and I will start bringing it in the future. RDM with Ullr (Kaja Bow) and Malignance can participate in 3-step with PLD + RNG: Empyreal Arrow > Savage Blade > Jishnu's Radiance (double light). Keeps PLD Refreshed, healed, Phalanx 2, RNG and himself Flurry 2 (RDM can also build an easy snapshot+50 set from Taeon augments). Distract III and Frazzle III, as well as Bio3, Slow II, Paralyze II (can throw in Impact) all add a bunch of usefulness to the fight. RDM can also just revert to nuking duties to add DPS if it doesn't have shooting set, or it can be 100% support, as BLM can carry the damage on this fight (GEO can help out too). We got it to about 17% despite the PLD not being hasted the entire fight, and with the BST dying due to a badly-timed Sundering Snip. PLD went down due to no MP to heal. Ended up Shadowbinding at the end to kill time for RP, but this is an easily doable fight in the time allowed with only a few necessary jobs. Also is a relatively fun setup to try.
[+]
By Vaerix 2021-07-17 13:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Here's a lineup I am working on with my group. Only tried it once but I think it will work, given how well we did the first time trying it.

Just a question/observation was wondering why you're doing 2 Magic NM's in the same run, wouldn't it be easier to sub out umbril or crab until you're done with rp on one and then do the other? i know your group might be better set for these comps but could do a piercing NM like tulfaire/butterfly or a slashing NM like chapuli(in 3rd spot)

My guess is things that your group wants RP on, however you could always do a diff NM for 4 runs, turn in RP for segments and get 9x on 2 NMs at a time on useful ones, should speed up your rp/item time.

Just my thoughts.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-07-17 13:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sgili isn't really a magic NM. We just kill it with a normal DD setup, it's just cursna/holy waters for survival. Pretty tame otherwise. I have never used MB for Sgili, though it works out fine. We've capped points on many of the other T1s and T2s we wanted RP on, so Sgili and Marmokrebs are basically all that's left. Procne is done, Butterfly is basically done/filler, and the Chapuli is actually harder to kill with secondary jobs than a Craklaw. And nobody really needs the dagger RP.

We can split out runs and do it that way, but you get RP for even losing, and with the amplifier, it's close enough to the full RP for a "filler" NM. And since I know we can do it for 3x kills, why not?
By Vaerix 2021-07-20 01:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

New NM set, gonna be the line up for atleast a couple weeks.

Ngai (A3) Shark
MNK/COR/BRD/WHM/GEO/SMN
Monk/Samurai
Scherzo/HM/Min x3
EA/TP Bonus/Shining Ruby/H2

Henwen (A2) Pig
DRG/PUP/BST/DNC/BLU/WAR

Marmokrebs (A2) Crab
BLM/RUN/NIN/RDM/ANY/SCH
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-07-20 01:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody got lineups for Kalunga and Arebati?
Curious what you folks are pairing with them.
By Ruaumoko 2021-07-20 01:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalunga was RUN/WHM/COR/BRD/GEO/DRK.
Arebati is currently RUN/SCH/COR/BRD/GEO/RNG.

Honestly think the GEO is overkill on Arebati and that a BST could rep them. Plantoid and Killer Instinct for the damage dealt buff then get Slug out for -33% DEF. I say this because our BRD once got DC'd on entry and we tried Arebati without one, still got it to 33% before timeout.

SCH is the superior healer for Arebati going off experience. Embrava cannot be dispelled so it and a Pianissimo March is Haste cap for the RUN. SCH re-applies Shell V and Regen V after every dispel. Caper Emissarius is a life saver, use it at 40% and drop the party's hate on the RUN; completely removes the risk of the RNG pulling hate.
[+]
By Guyford 2021-07-20 01:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

We do WHM BRD COR GEO SAM PLD for Kalunga with cor and sam and occasionally brd dding

For Arebati its RNG COR PLD WHM BRD GEO.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-07-20 01:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah uhm, I probably posted in a confusing way.
I meant more which two NMs you guys pair with Kalunga and Arebati, and which jobs for each of those 2 NMs :D

Just like the Lineup for Ngai that Vaerix and Buukki posted, sort of :D
By Guyford 2021-07-20 02:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I havent really ironed out those details yet since our pup is also our bst and theres a lack of healing problem for 2nd NM when using whm and pld for first fight and sch for 3rd, but it would be something like:

2nd fight Gigelorum - mnk pup smn blu (bst?) (???) with blu healing the mnk and smn using pacifying ruby on mnk.

and 3rd fight Marmorkrebs - SCH RUN BLM RDM NIN any
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-07-20 02:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't Gigelorum be super annoying to do without a BRD?
And using a PUP tank without Dirge, relying on Pacifying Ruby for two DDs (MNK and BLU with clubs, right?), while also relying on the SMN to reapply stuff like Hastega2 and whatnot.

Uhm... not like Gigelorum is the hardest NM around of course, but that doesn't seem particularly effective on paper D:

The one time we did Gigelorum long time ago our tank was struggling to keep hate from MNK and WAR (clubs), and both had SV Dirge from BRD.
Pacifying Ruby would make things easier of course, but without Dirge AND with a PUP tank hmmmm, I'm a bit skeptic.
Glad to be proved wrong of course!
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2021-07-20 02:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Isnt ruby a much better enmity tool than dirge. SV doesn't boost potency of it, just duration. That NM uses full dispel frequently which gives puppet a big advantage over pld and run.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-07-20 02:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you're mixing up things Bixbite.
Ghorn and "Song+" gear in general do NOT affect Dirge potency, but Soul Voice does.

Without SV Dirge gives ~32 enmity reduction, with SV you reach the cap of 50.

It's hard to compare it with Ruby, ruby isn't a -enmity stuff, it's a straight Enmity % cut. It's potentially more effective but it's bound behind single target and ~20 seconds cooldown, which is shared by other BP Ward cooldowns.

I don't really see a PUP tanking Gigelorum and keeping hate on himself 100% of the time with 2 DDs going all out and relying ONLY on Pacifying ruby for both of them.
As I said before I'm just "skeptic", I'd be more than glad to be proved wrong by someone providing their own personal experience with this setup.
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2021-07-20 03:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Can DDs even go all out with no BRD, no Geo or Cor lol
Someone on pup forum tanked Kalunga v15 with Ruby spam on a full buff DD. So I think low buff DDs would not be a issue with ruby spam. Well not worse then pld or run who struggle on that fight too due to full dispel. That Pup should be swapping in heyoka for pet vokes/flashes.
By Guyford 2021-07-20 03:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Just the mnk would be DDing, the blu is just there for mighty guard, and maybe cures.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-07-20 03:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bixbite said: »
Can DDs even go all out with no BRD, no Geo or Cor lol
Someone on pup forum tanked Kalunga v15 with Ruby spam on a full buff DD.
Yes, read that!
But that DD had Schere Earring, SV Dirge and it was a single DD.
SMN could focus on using pacifying ruby on him and he was building hate slowly thanks to Dirge and Earring.

Without those two hate build would be much faster and you wouldn't reduce enmity fast enough with Pacifying ruby on a single target, imagine on two!
That's how I imagine things at least.

@Guyford
Alright, shame though, BLU gets access to nice gear to exploit Maxentius' Black Halo power.
By Guyford 2021-07-20 03:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

In an earlier iteration of the fight, we had better healing available and put blu and war on it too, but without the healing, best to leave the blu off it probably, not worried about blu pulling hate tho.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-07-20 03:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

In that scenario blu could Magic Fruit the MNK if need be, apply Tenebral Crush on Gigelorum and Mighty Guard once or twice.

No COR to reset Diffusion alas.
I guess BLU could SP2 for... uhm... Tourbillion?

Will the 15 mins be enough with just one DD and no proper buffs? Maybeeee...
By Guyford 2021-07-20 03:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You have smn buffs, and bst slug debuffs, its more than enough
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-07-20 04:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

We did pup tank on our gigelorum kills before. Monk and blue DD, cycling Ruby was enough to keep hate mild. Robot kind of lost hate at last 10% if you go crazy, but summoner using apogee or ac Ruby on DD works fine. Your biggest issue is going to be that -50% defense down move, which you should bring panaceas for, or have the blue use winds.

We did our Gigs in a cycle with either Bumba or kalunga, and a t1.
By Vaerix 2021-07-20 04:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Just putting this out there, the underbuffed fights I've yet to have a problem vs dd's and the pup, with or without odrive, with only pacify. The beginning can be sketchy without odrive and Smn really needs to prioritize hate removal, after getting apogee back hate control is very manageable, pulling 50% enmity off of a player is wonderful, but in the grand scheme of things Pacify >>>>>>> SV Dirge. Partially because SV dirge also comes with all of those wonderful damage buffs that make stuff insane. Dirge slows down the enmity gain but doesn't stop it. In a fight that isn't over quickly dds will still outpace an automaton outside of overdrive and once the dd's overtake the puppet there really isn't a good way to pull it back.

As far as tanking the turtle, between full dispel and zombie the fight is a nightmare for player tanks, light maneuver regen is enough to keep up with damage the entire fight without repair. The problem with the turtle unlike A2 Bird, A2 Pig is that you still need a dedicated healer for the composition because the enemy can damage the whole team. In a lot of comps that use pup smn, they drop a healer because the fight has little to no healing requirements.
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-07-20 07:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So... FYI to all... You do NOT, I repeat do NOT have to have 1 Aurum box opened to get Moogle Mastery 14. It was stated a few times in this thread that you needed 1 Aurum for MM 14 and 16 Aurum for MM 15 in all area's.

I've been opening chest for weeks in C, trying to get my aurum box open with no success. Today I accidentally entered on Ninja instead of Thief so figured, hell might as well farm a bit. I killed two groups of agon mobs, then used the izzat to open chest. Opened chest for 5, coffer for 14 and... MM 14!!!

Current C totals are:

All Nm's 10+ Kills
Chest 250
Coffers 16
Aurum 0!!!

Many have noted that MM15 requires 16 Aurum kills so I have to think getting it another way is going to take ages so this probably wont work for MM15, but for MM14 it looks like opening 250 chest and 16 coffers will do the same thing as 1 Aurum.

Maybe 16 Coffers = 1 Aurum which means you need 256 Coffers opened to equal 16 Aurum... or 250 Coffers Opened and 1 Aurum... you could possibly get MM15. Anyway just speculating, was very surprised to get MM14 without Aurum.

MM level is finally 42! Time to get back to farming segments :)
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-07-20 09:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Need 16 Aurum for MM15, not 20.
First Page 2 3 ... 149 150 151 ... 238 239 240