users online
Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 150 151 152 ... 237 238 239
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Padisharcreel 2021-07-20 09:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Our setup for clears on Arebati was RUN, RNG, COR, GEO, BRD, RDM.

Don't need to burn 1 of the 2 good healers on this guy. I think I cast 2 cures total over the 4 fights. RUN rides pulse timer and uses panacea. RDM recasts shell > haste, etc. after dispel.. When we start RPing Mpaca, we'll probably go with this same setup, but I think we'll replace the GEO with BLU or something for def down. Bst would probably be ideal, but we don't have one.

For lower tier mobs in this rotation I'm thinking MB setup with PUP , SCH, BLM, SMN, NIN, whatever and Blunt setup with PLD, MNK, GEO, WHM, DNC, whatever.
By macsdf1 2021-07-21 01:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

What are u guys using to proc blue on arebati? we usualy just shoot him with fetters up but maybe better way.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2021-07-21 03:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Best setup ever:

BLM SCH COR RUN BRD and lvl 96 dnc u will kill V15 ongo in 10mins with dnc afk in the corner, with dunce cap cause they messed up while doign entrusts and were on 96 dnc instead of geo. XD beware when changing subs for entrusts.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-07-21 05:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
Best setup ever:

BLM SCH COR RUN BRD and lvl 96 dnc u will kill V15 ongo in 10mins with dnc afk in the corner, with dunce cap cause they messed up while doign entrusts and were on 96 dnc instead of geo. XD beware when changing subs for entrusts.
Yea its the same setup we ran before the 1hr change outside of the dnc lol. People claimed it changed did you notice a difference I haven't setup a group to test yet.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2021-07-21 05:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Yea its the same setup we ran before the 1hr change outside of the dnc lol. People claimed it changed did you notice a difference I haven't setup a group to test yet.

Not sure what you mean, i guess i'm not understanding what u are saying, it's late/early as *** lol (rephrase? or send me a tell i'm working on lolRUNsets atm)

I keep editing this damn post:

If u mean using SPs before entering, we never ever did that, just entrusts XD.

I don't think using SPs before entering would have mattered much with Ongo anyways tbh.

(All I know is if we got MAB aura down or Macc aura down we might have been ***, we got lucky with that, but the SCH RUN BLM and BRD were me, Misc, Samboy, Dp so was Ateam peoples)

COR was one of Thelia's alts, (but all they have to do is open with sniper shot occasionally, and keep rolls/earth shot with empy feet)

Wild Card did reset Tabula Rasa though I should note.

Apparently u don't need a GEO for this if those 4 jobs are geared, and the COR is n't useless.

I won't mention who the GEO was supposed to be as to avoid their potentially embarrassing them in public lol (they were a literal leech lol at lvl 96 DNC, naked lol)

(Was more like 12.5 mins on the timer though, 2.5mins of buff/set up time, 10 mins of actually nuking the thing)
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2021-07-21 05:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

On that note, Rua post your new Dimidiation set plz. :P
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-07-21 06:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure what you mean, i guess i'm not understanding what u are saying, it's late/early as *** lol (rephrase? or send me a tell i'm working on lolRUNsets atm)

I keep editing this damn post:

If u mean using SPs before entering, we never ever did that, just entrusts XD.

I don't think using SPs before entering would have mattered much with Ongo anyways tbh.

(All I know is if we got MAB aura down or Macc aura down we might have been ***, we got lucky with that, but the SCH RUN BLM and BRD were me, Misc, Samboy, Dp so was Ateam peoples)

COR was one of Thelia's alts, (but all they have to do is open with sniper shot occasionally, and keep rolls/earth shot with empy feet)

Wild Card did reset Tabula Rasa though I should note.

Apparently u don't need a GEO for this if those 4 jobs are geared, and the COR is n't useless.

I won't mention who the GEO was supposed to be as to avoid their potentially embarrassing them in public lol (they were a literal leech lol at lvl 96 DNC, naked lol)

(Was more like 12.5 mins on the timer though, 2.5mins of buff/set up time, 10 mins of actually nuking the thing)
Sorry I'm at work lol people said damage was way less than before and he seems to take way less damage from nukes than before. Maybe I misunderstood them or they wanted something way faster not sure. We never used the sp stuff before entering so yew that don't matter. What I was more so getting at was did damage seem different than before his 1hr change? Its sounding like no and we just had geo nuking and it felt fine last time. Cor and run doing sc.
By SimonSes 2021-07-21 06:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Hot shot is better to open btw, because it cant miss. EDIT: At least I think magic part of hybrid WS cant miss right?
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2021-07-21 06:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Hot shot is better to open btw, because it cant miss. EDIT: At least I think magic part of hybrid WS cant miss right?

Not sure if Hot shot---> w/e immanence SCH was doing would result in scision/gravitation (which was the goal). I guess it would be better if that would result in Scission :o. Should be 95% hit rate regardless with sniper shot? (with a max RA set on COR + or food)
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-07-21 06:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

See we did the run to cor sc and did double darkness for the sc. Everything else the same had blm sch and geo nuking think we had like 5 or so mins left on clock.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2021-07-21 06:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry I'm at work lol people said damage was way less than before and he seems to take way less damage from nukes than before. Maybe I misunderstood them or they wanted something way faster not sure. We never used the sp stuff before entering so yew that don't matter. What I was more so getting at was did damage seem different than before his 1hr change? Its sounding like no and we just had geo nuking and it felt fine last time. Cor and run doing sc.

Oh nah, it's about the same as back before (dmg wise) I guess derping and healing it during Sforzo for big numbers could *** some people.

The only change we did from the initial V15 win was (and made our runs faster than a race against the clock): RUN RDM SCH GEO BLM COR was drop the RDM for BRD once Rua's group reported a faster time. BRD is really nice if u can keep SV Earth threnody on at start, and stick it again when N/T is reset as needed.

I personally don't understand doing a super long multistep strat when it's not needed, SCH and BLM can kill it just fine, with plenty of time, and with GEO nuking on 2nd Voley (also not needed) or during aura.

We have n't noticed it take less dmg, or more, since before they changed his Sp, or w/e fails SE decides to do lol
By SimonSes 2021-07-21 06:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if Hot shot---> w/e immanence SCH was doing would result in scision/gravitation (which was the goal).

It has exactly the same sc properties, so it would be the same.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2021-07-21 06:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

See we did the run to cor sc and did double darkness for the sc. Everything else the same had blm sch and geo nuking think we had like 5 or so mins left on clock.

^ i would n't do more than what u guys do, for a multistep, no need to complicate things, but if it helps some groups win, i guess no harm.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-07-21 06:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

^ i would n't do more than what u guys do, for a multistep, no need to complicate things, but if it helps some groups win, i guess no harm.
Cool all u needed to know thanks
 Sylph.Ticktick
Server: Sylph
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2021-07-21 21:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Hot shot can miss. If the physical shot misses the whole thing misses.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2021-07-22 01:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

So my group has timed out on a lot of NMs at various amounts "for science" and there's usually someone not using an amplifier on a given fight so we've been keeping track of the RP gained before amplifier on v15 and noticed the RP we were getting didn't seem to match the formula on BG and instead followed a step function.
HP remaining | RP earned
100-95 0 (no credit for amplifier)
94-90 9
89-85 19
84-80 29
79-75 39
74-70 49
69-65 58
64-60 68
59-55 78
54-50 88
49-45 98
44-40 107
39-35 117
34-30 127
29-25 137
24-20 147
19-15 156
14-10 166
9-5 176
4-1 186
0 (win) 196x2=392

Upon further review I see that you could use the formula on BG to find these steps if you know that it is for making a step function, plug in the values for every 5% and you get the step below and it even predicts when it will increase by 9 RP instead of 10
for example
floor(.4*980*(1-.50)/2) = 98 which is what is observe for 49-45% hp remaining
floor(.4*980*(1-.45)/2) = 107 which is what is observed for 44-40%

So in conclusion the RP comes in steps and while the formula as presented on BG may have caused some confusion for my group its not so much wrong as its lacking the key info that its part of a step function and how it defines that step function.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-07-22 01:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Has it been found out why sometimes you get like 404 RP (or whatever it is) instead of 392?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-07-22 01:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Purulent Ooze drops the monster's HP by 10%, and then the effect wears off. Apparently with the way they coded RP to be rewarded based on how much HP is remaining on the monster, you get rewarded the extra RP tacked onto the end, even though you killed it for the full bonus.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-07-22 02:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

So I guess each time the monster recovers HP through any means, that converts into a small bonus to RP
By SimonSes 2021-07-22 03:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
So I guess each time the monster recovers HP through any means, that converts into a small bonus to RP

I dont think it works like that actually. Ooze actually adds MAX HP to monster when it wears off (even that this max HP that is added is only to go back to normal max hp from the start). Normal healing just adds normal HP within normal HP limit. I think Purulent Ooze is the only thing that can cause more RP, unless there is some other spell/ja/etc. that applies Max HP down effect?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-07-22 03:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes but the thing is that this thing (getting slightly more points than 392) happened to my static several times, and we never used BST not even once.

I can't think of an ability that alters the target's maximum HP% among the jobs we used.
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2021-07-22 04:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If this were true, you'd see far more RP gained from Bumba, as it recovers HP quite frequently throughout the fight.
By Vaerix 2021-07-22 20:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hya said: »
If this were true, you'd see far more RP gained from Bumba, as it recovers HP quite frequently throughout the fight.

So while Bumba recovers HP constantly through the fight, it's like 7k-8k at a time, and over the course of a full 3-4 min encounter I don't think he would ever gain 5%.

Whereas another wierd case of bonus RP is if a boss dies to a helix from SCH, we've received strange rp values over the baseline kill value.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-07-22 22:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Vaerix said: »
Asura.Hya said: »

So while Bumba recovers HP constantly through the fight, it's like 7k-8k at a time, and over the course of a full 3-4 min encounter I don't think he would ever gain 5%.

Whereas another wierd case of bonus RP is if a boss dies to a helix from SCH, we've received strange rp values over the baseline kill value.

With this in mind, and to circle back to Sech's query about extra RP even where no BST was used, it could be that extra healing from large amounts accounts for the bonus RP. For instance, during Aura, Atonement 3 NMs have a massive affinity and absorb their element (a simple light SC will 99k heal Kalunga, for instance). If you mess up during aura and accidentally heal the boss, the game probably records that as additional damage deal when you bring it back down and kill it. So you would end up getting the credit for a full kill, + whatever the amount healed converted to.

As Vaerix mentioned, maybe Bumba's healing isn't so significant to reward any additional RP, but a huge heal from SC might. That might be why you see additional RP even where there was no BST present for Purulent Ooze.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-07-22 23:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Eeeeh, could be.
Wonder if it's intentional.
Feels like a bug to me.
By Guyford 2021-07-22 23:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

We noticed that either slug landing max hp down, or boss getting killed by a DoT (Ongo dying to helix) provided an extra 9 rp.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-07-23 02:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

100% sure it was not the slug for us (we never used BST).
Unsure on the dot but pretty confident that wasn't the case either.

Once it happened to us on Bumba too, doubt any dot killed Bumba.

Sounds more likely to me that this bug/feature or whatever it is, is somehow related to target's HP.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-07-23 07:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

My best guess:
They have a function onHpChange that adds to your RP tally every time the monster drops below a 5% increment. Using ooze lowers real hp before max hp(so even internally it's never over 100%). Lowering real hp triggers 95% and 90% bonuses, then the mob gets set back to 100%(90% of base). When you damage it, you get the 95% and 90% bonuses a second time.

If a healing ability is used specifically at a threshold, you can pass the threshold a second time.

I haven't tested this at all, just theorycrafting based on ways it could be potentially coded that would account for all the comments on this page. Do we know what happens if a mob regens from 94% to 96% while idle? Do you get RP in that case? I believe this is the case, and it would indicate an event occuring when it reaches 95% rather than a simple HP check at timeout.

This would likely be very impractical on higher NMs, but it's possible if this is the case you could exploit it by toggling a 5% range over and over on a mob that you can heal on demand.
[+]
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-07-23 08:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It's probably mob specific, in my experience getting the extra RP was only from dealan dhe
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-07-23 08:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

IIRC, if you do lots of damage to Mboze and then you wipe and he regens to full, you don't get any RP.

Similarly, I remember getting normal RP from a Kalunga I healed 200k-300k.
First Page 2 3 ... 150 151 152 ... 237 238 239