Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-03-11 11:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Shiva.Thorny said: »
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Better than someone that thinks the changes to PLD werent gamechanging and completely shaking up meta comps and what can realistically be run simply by having whm no longer be mandatory.

A cute theory, except PLD's m.eva is ***and most meaningful AOE come with status effects. Let's just ditch our whm and rely on cure4-ga from the guy who's going to be standing in aoe stun/petrify/terror/para/silenced. Which, by the way, has to be removed mostly one character at a time because you didn't want a yagrush WHM.

It's a niche patch that allows pld to function with rdm healer in a few very specific bits of content. RUN going hybrid is still offering more than using rdm over whm ever will on weaker foes, and defensive RUN has far more sturdiness for fights that are more threatening.

You still have a rdm or sch who is capable of handling most cures if need be, however now that pld has the utility to main heal when it is able to (and it almost always will be able to), you can have a sch or rdm doing other things besides healing, something whm is largely unable to do. Not to mention most statuses can just be removed via medicine. Gil isnt an issue anymore, so DDs can just spam remedies and panacea all day. But even without them; a rdm can usually handle a couple of DDs that need removal, and SCH can remove more than a whm usually until they have mythic (mythics are a terrible argument to use, as you dont balance around top tier gear. If everyone has it, its no longer really a top tier thing) Usually meds will go off well before a whm is able to respond anyway.

If you think RUN is more sturdy than a pld... youre just off your rocker.

I think the thing is, if you look at tank and healer combinations, RUN + WHM buys you more than any other combo. RUN + WHM- Gambit, Rayke, Cureskin, AoE -na, 220+ barspell, Foil, higher dps when that matters. PLD + RDM- Addle2/Para2/Slow2/Distract3, Haste2 maybe allowing you to change bard songs, but you lose a lot of healing power and sustain. PLD + SCH- good sustain, Regen V makes healing style more enjoyable IMO than WHM, Adloquium, maaaybe party enspells. Healing is more unbalanced than tanking right now and that compounds paladin's issues.

All that said, paladin is... fine, I guess? It's workable, you can tank damn near anything with it, and I think the community overstates the gap between RUN and PLD. For tanking lots of trash mobs paladin is still pretty awesome with Ochain. Rune fencer does fine too between Stoneskin and Phalanx gear. My LS has been using paladin for wave 3s and it's not an issue. We mostly used paladin for last month's Ambuscade. Majesty is cool and you're right, there are plenty of fights where you can run with paladin and forego white mage, and then there are a few fights mechanics lend themselves to a tank being able to do self-cures. It's nice having paladin's built-in toughness and shield blocks. I personally enjoy playing paladin more than rune fencer so I put that as points in its favor, lol.

Unfortunately the game design doesn't really favor paladin just because the dangerous stuff is all magical or status effects. If that ever changed paladin would be better off. I do think paladin needs something analogous to Foil and a shorter cooldown timer for Fealty.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-03-11 12:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I miss BG where strategy thread were just about info for new event.

Anyways did a solo run this morning and got about 100 scales from just killing trash in first floor. Wondering what others are getting from parting up vs solo.

edit: Also can you hold one Moglophone KI on you, and then have the moogle hold one?
[+]
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2020-03-11 12:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »

Anyways did a solo run this morning and got about 100 scales from just killing trash in first floor. Wondering what others are getting from parting up vs solo.

edit: Also can you hold one Moglophone KI on you, and then have the moogle hold one?

I was wondering this too. I picked up my KI last night and am holding it until later today and going to see if I can run two times in a row.
By SimonSes 2020-03-11 12:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I got 93 on THF but got bad mobs (jelly and skeletons) and Tauret that i started using with 10 min remaining seems much better than R15 Twashtar, so next time I should be able to clear more. That being said it all depends on what you get from chests. I got box and 2 scales from both chests, but on my other chars I got just 3 scales from both boxes and thats a matter of like 25+ scales.
 Cerberus.Hideka
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-03-11 13:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

I got 93 on THF but got bad mobs (jelly and skeletons) and Tauret that i started using with 10 min remaining seems much better than R15 Twashtar, so next time I should be able to clear more. That being said it all depends on what you get from chests. I got box and 2 scales from both chests, but on my other chars I got just 3 scales from both boxes and thats a matter of like 25+ scales.

THF can do some pretty beefy sanguine blades in there to deal with jellies; give that a try with a naegling/kaja sword.
By SimonSes 2020-03-11 13:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Biglovin said: »

I was wondering this too. I picked up my KI last night and am holding it until later today and going to see if I can run two times in a row.

You can. I used my ki after few hours yesterday and when I checked moogle timer was at 15h, so it was going down while I had KI on me.
By SimonSes 2020-03-11 13:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hideka said: »

THF can do some pretty beefy sanguine blades in there to deal with jellies; give that a try with a naegling/kaja sword.

You talking solo? I was more concerned about fluid spread one shoting some of my trusts lol
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-03-11 13:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You talking solo? I was more concerned about fluid spread one shoting some of my trusts lol

yea i was talkin solo- if your trusts get dropped that will keep you alive NP. its always double dark in there. Right now my rdm drops about 30-40k with it. thf in the right setup should be able to hit 15-20kish on jellies.
By SimonSes 2020-03-11 13:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

yea i was talkin solo- if your trusts get dropped that will keep you alive NP. its always double dark in there. Right now my rdm drops about 30-40k with it. thf in the right setup should be able to hit 15-20kish on jellies.

I would rather just change floor and kill something else. 15-20k means I would need to make like 3 WSs to kill them, since they take low damage from melee too. I would need to resummon trusts few times which also takes time. Skeletons were actually going pretty okish with Karambit.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2020-03-11 13:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You can hold 1 and have 1 ready to pick up yes. I just done my 2 runs back to back.
[+]
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2020-03-11 14:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Thorbean said: »

You can hold 1 and have 1 ready to pick up yes. I just done my 2 runs back to back.

Good to know, thank you!
By Viciouss 2020-03-11 14:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Did we figure out if wearing the piece of gear increases RP?
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-03-11 14:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Did we figure out if wearing the piece of gear increases RP?

it wasnt mentioned in the patch info, so i doubt it. This is clearly 'busy work' from SE, so expect it to take forever. on average itll probably take about two weeks for an item to Full RP if your soloing.

Praise Tanaka if you happen to be one of the few classes that only needs 1-2 pieces of this. RDM Needs like half of it ;_;
By Viciouss 2020-03-11 15:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, I'm not convinced my Sam needs any of it, as for Blu, haven't looked too seriously, but nothing jumped out. I plan on saving scales for future content.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-11 15:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sell em now buy em back later for 1/10th the price. Buy before the 125 patch and resell at 10,000% mark up. Then buy them back at 1/100th the price.

Then worry about using them or repeat for the 128 patch. repeat.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-03-11 15:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, I'm not convinced my Sam needs any of it, as for Blu, haven't looked too seriously, but nothing jumped out. I plan on saving scales for future content.

There are several pieces for BLU. Just depends how serious you are about the job.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-03-11 15:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

10% Critical hit rate and 35 ACC 34 Dex? didnt jump out at you for CDC?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-11 15:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't matter how serious you are. Nothing in the augments is worth that amount of gil. let the idiots pay the tax.

(Yes, it still costs a hundred million even if you farm your own scales)
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-03-11 15:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Doesn't matter how serious you are. Nothing in the augments is worth that amount of gil. let the idiots pay the tax.

Money not made is money lost.
By Viciouss 2020-03-11 15:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I pretty much never use CDC, have put zero effort in gearing for it.
By SimonSes 2020-03-11 15:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If you think about Imperial Wing Hairpin, then I seriously doubt it can beat Adhemar +1. Adhemar +1 is only 3 dex less (assuming you are in highest Unity), but has 6% crit damage which is more valuable than crit rate at this point and also will most likely give you 2-4% of crit rate from set bonus. Then you have 4% Triple Attack that should seal the deal.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-03-11 15:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

There are several pieces for BLU. Just depends how serious you are about the job.

I notice you completely passed over Sam^^
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-11 15:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Every job should have gelatinous on it's radar

Sam, because it doesn't have moonlight ring
By SimonSes 2020-03-11 15:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Or you can simply forget about it and farm and USE your stuff instead of making millions to buy toys that rot in your MH (which you like to remind us every time you can).

I will upgrade things and use it asap to enjoy powercreep and maybe try to push limit on something. I'm not gonna wait months to buy everything in bulk, same as I havent used first 5000 of my DI points on selling Wyrm Ash, same as I haven't waited with upgrading Relic to +3 or REMA to R15.

It's much more fun to actually grind for stuff that you gonna use and make constant smooth progress instead of trying to be businessman and hold your progress for months only to cap gils on another alt.

I don't expect you to understand that tho. You sell gils and that's your job, so you probably not even treat this game as entertainment anymore, but as a source to fund other entertainments.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-03-11 15:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Well not because I don't think there is nothing for SAM, but because I don't play it, while BLU is my main, so I have stuff for BLU already worked out.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-11 15:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean you don't have to sell to know that it's stupid to "use" 100m when it will be half that tomorrow.

You gonna get 50m worth of kills in by then? Is it going to improve your farm speed by 2 million gil per hour?

I mean, people can't even see your accessories or augments as a lockstyle, so you can't even use that argument lol.
By SimonSes 2020-03-11 16:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean you don't have to sell to know that it's stupid to "use" 100m when it will be half that tomorrow.

You gonna get 50m worth of kills in by then? Is it going to improve your farm speed by 2 million gil per hour?

It wont be half and also I doubt you can even buy much on Bahamut at this point and when people will start selling it at a serious rate, gilbuyers will keep price high for a very long time, because they dont care if its overpriced.

Ultimately it doesnt matter tho. I will just keep R15 an item every several days and be happy with it without overthinking if I could sell scales now and buy 30% more in several weeks.

I mean, people can't even see your accessories or augments as a lockstyle, so you can't even use that argument lol.

And who tried to use that argument, because for sure not me.
By kingkitt 2020-03-11 16:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone found out if the entire party needs to reach final destination to unlock augment or will any party member work?
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-03-11 16:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

For SAM:
Unmoving Collar +1: Great for keeping HP up in Enmity set
Sailfi Belt +1: WS/TP when accuracy is capped RIP Metalsinger
Gelatinous Ring +1: PDT/HP
Lugra Earring +1: Even better for WS now

Should have already been using all this but Sailfi belt really to be honest. Shouldn't have been that hard to see what was good for SAM.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-03-11 16:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I already have all those, except I stopped messing around with lugra after Thrud came out.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 237 238 239