Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FFXIV Beta ps3
FFXIV Beta ps3
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 21 22 23
By DracoFox 2013-06-21 17:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone got a free NA code that I can hook my friend up with?
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-06-21 17:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Got bored after a while, them damn quests.

Ya the start always feels like a tutorial. think i got to level 15 in the beta in a few hours. I didn't mind the quests, enjoyed them.. though they do seem like they go on forever. and i'm someone who will do any quest that i can get xD
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-06-21 17:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So Just read the FFXIV ARR email I got letting me know to register my character for a world transfer. Though it only lists (Below) and some of my friends said that they would be having a Leviathan server. Figured i'd just go there... were they wrong? or is leviathan a server for newbies only?

Version 1.0 FFXIV: ARR
World Name Location World Name Location
Ridill Japan >>> Ridill Japan
Masamune Japan >>> Masamune Japan
Durandal Japan >>> Durandal Japan
Aegis Japan >>> Aegis Japan
Gungnir Japan >>> Gungnir Japan
Sargatanas Japan >>> Sargatanas North America/Europe
Balmung Japan >>> Balmung North America/Europe
Hyperion Japan >>> Hyperion North America/Europe
Excalibur Japan >>> Excalibur North America/Europe
Ragnarok Japan >>> Ragnarok North America/Europe
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-06-21 17:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan is a server on the beta atm, I'm on it. I don't think its going to be a real server though?
 Cerberus.Diabolique
Server: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-06-21 17:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Was nice getting to run around on my character again, and get to see the different openings.
My elf had a pretty "standard" opening, trying to teach me about the world and all that with the big nose hyur.
My taru was, I guess, counted as an actual adventurer present at the end of the age battle. Sort of cool how they did that. Momodi actually sort of recognized me on the taru as well, which was also a nice touch.

Got bored in game fast though. Did a fate that I was way to high level for, did a couple quests that weren't so interesting, but I know they're just tutorial stuff.
There's to much mouse use in the mouse and keyboard settings. Have to go back to controller I guess.

I can see why GC don't exist right now and stuff, but I'm not sure if they realized this would block people from actually equipping some of their gear. My only marauder weapon requires me to be a member of the Maelstrom...
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-06-21 17:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan is a server on the beta atm, I'm on it. I don't think its going to be a real server though?

Damn... Was hoping it would be. would of made finding a server for everyone to join easier.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-06-21 17:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I'm pretty conflicted myself, so many of my friends are going to 4 different servers lol. I don't really see myself playing this that much over XI though, it just doesn't interest me as much. Maybe once I get to try out my Lv50 BLM when they let us.
By DjenadiofAsura 2013-06-21 17:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone getting a "maintenance" message when trying to link accounts (SE/PSN)? Couldn't get on due to this message during last weeks live beta and am currently having this same issue today during its active beta phase. Maybe im jus having bad luck lol.
By daddyrabbit4444 2013-06-21 18:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

so atm this game is for PC and ps3 right? they said anything about it coming to 360?
 Ragnarok.Surrie
Server: Ragnarok
user: Surrie
By Ragnarok.Surrie 2013-06-21 18:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

yay get to make a character!!! game looks absolutely beautiful!!!
 Asura.Abysswalker
Server: Asura
By Asura.Abysswalker 2013-06-21 18:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not coming to xbox. SE and M$ don't get along.
oldish..
The Xbox 360 version was announced to be cancelled, after Tanaka revealed the Xbox Live system and Microsoft's "different point of view" proved to be incompatible with his and Square Enix's own, hinting that Microsoft required a version with separate servers from the eventual PlayStation 3 release.
I think Tanaka is the one who left? Either way if it was coming out on 360 it would have been said. Sorry :/
[+]
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2013-06-21 18:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I just did a mission/quest/bcnm thing where there was a bunch of mobs in the arena and I just ran around like crazy spamming my arrows and the the mobs couldn't hit me because they were melee and I wouldn't sit still.

awesome.

I keep telling myself not to do too much because I'll have to start all over again at the release but I'm having too much fun T_T
[+]
By Enuyasha 2013-06-21 18:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Luvbunny1 said: »
Sylph.Dasanuffadat said: »
By pressing Escape or the cancel button on controller you can choose to skip the cutscenes. Handy for mule characters.

Thanks, I know a few friends who hate the FF CS, not sure why, but yeah handy for mules for sure. Just not sure the leveling system for your other classes though, I mean each starting areas has quests that you go do once. After that if you switch to another class then those one time quests are done for and you get to level via hunting guide and FATE, plus repeatable Leve. I wish there are repeatable quests, leve needs to refresh faster though, after a week off, I got 30, that works for casual but hardcore will not be happy.

Do you know how to get into the first dungeon quests? do you get this after the 3 cities airship quest?
Leves are not meant to be a main source of leveling,even in v1.0. The leves are a bridge for fast EXP through rough spots where you dont have quests for that level and you have done all the hunting logs.

Anyway, anyone having trouble getting their 1.0 characters setup? Mine keeps trying to create a new character it seems.
 Ragnarok.Surrie
Server: Ragnarok
user: Surrie
By Ragnarok.Surrie 2013-06-21 18:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a nerd.. I made a black/blue haired mithra named Rukia Kuchiki XD
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-06-21 18:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »
By pressing Escape or the cancel button on controller you can choose to skip the cutscenes. Handy for mule characters.

Thanks, I know a few friends who hate the FF CS, not sure why, but yeah handy for mules for sure. Just not sure the leveling system for your other classes though, I mean each starting areas has quests that you go do once. After that if you switch to another class then those one time quests are done for and you get to level via hunting guide and FATE, plus repeatable Leve. I wish there are repeatable quests, leve needs to refresh faster though, after a week off, I got 30, that works for casual but hardcore will not be happy.

Do you know how to get into the first dungeon quests? do you get this after the 3 cities airship quest?
Leves are not meant to be a main source of leveling,even in v1.0. The leves are a bridge for fast EXP through rough spots where you dont have quests for that level and you have done all the hunting logs.

Anyway, anyone having trouble getting their 1.0 characters setup? Mine keeps trying to create a new character it seems.

Haven't tried yet. Email just said world transfer. I didnt know they were doing it immediately... thought they were waiting until phase 4
By Enuyasha 2013-06-21 18:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Phenomena said: »

Haven't tried yet. Email just said world transfer. I didnt know they were doing it immediately... thought they were waiting until phase 4
The data is there, but it seems they arent implemented or something :( Excalibur is full anyway...
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-21 18:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Daus said: »
I keep telling myself not to do too much because I'll have to start all over again at the release but I'm having too much fun T_T

I know, that's the problem, once you unlock airship and get to travel around the other 2 cities, unlocking all the jobs and crafts, exploring areas, etc. You just wanna play another 60 mnts and another and another, 6-8 hours easily gone and you still want to keep going. Granted hitting 1-3 on your KB gets old but at least the battle is fun and fast pace. I hope the end game and other activities are just as fun and more updates coming at faster pace once it launches.

I may just wait till phase 4 since you get to keep your progress then but even at this stage, the game is too much fun to stop playing....
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-06-21 18:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Phenomena said: »

The data is there, but it seems they arent implemented or something :( Excalibur is full anyway...

Damn i was going to try that one... might have to go to balmung or hyperion.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-06-21 19:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally found out how to bring back my 1.0 character. Wow so awesome haha.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-06-21 19:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The way I did it, you have to click on "World" change it to your original 1.0's world and your character should have transferred there.
 Bismarck.Faelar
Server: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2013-06-21 19:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone play on Cerberus server?

Think my goal is to make a Duskwight Elezen Dragoon.
By Enuyasha 2013-06-21 19:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The way I did it, you have to click on "World" change it to your original 1.0's world and your character should have transferred there.
Yea, i do that and it acts as though im trying to make a new character. Atually, there is no character at all. Should i try re-registering the beta code?
By daddyrabbit4444 2013-06-21 20:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

well ps3 are what now like 200 bucks? think I will just go buy one no big deal Im a little tired of xi and so is everyone else I have spoken too
By daddyrabbit4444 2013-06-21 20:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess it will be on ps4 platform as well right? probably better grafics
By Quiznor 2013-06-21 20:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

daddyrabbit4444 said: »
I guess it will be on ps4 platform as well right? probably better grafics

yeah ps4 next year,better graphics and performance
By Kimble2013 2013-06-21 22:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

my girlfriend is in a totally different starting town than me. is there anyway for her to go to the one im at?
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-06-21 22:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

PS3 limitations
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-06-21 23:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Kimble2013 said: »
my girlfriend is in a totally different starting town than me. is there anyway for her to go to the one im at?
The easiest fix would be for one of you to reroll and pick a job that starts in the same city.
[+]
By Kimble2013 2013-06-22 01:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Kimble2013 said: »
The easiest fix would be for one of you to reroll and pick a job that starts in the same city.

yeah, we just realized starting city was tied to town, lol.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2013-06-22 02:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Technically you can walk, but living is unlikely. Around level 14-16 you get an airship pass from the main story. Doesn't take long to get there.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 21 22 23