FFXIV Beta ps3
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 21 22 23
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-06-22 04:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Played for about 5 hours, got bored of doing the same type of "find X or kill X amount of mobs" quests and grinding. I know it's still beta but this game hasn't captured any of my interest yet that even makes me look forward to the final product. Think I'll stick to XI.
[+]
 Odin.Cyprias
Server: Odin
user: Cyprias
By Odin.Cyprias 2013-06-22 04:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
Played for about 5 hours, got bored of doing the same type of "find X or kill X amount of mobs" quests and grinding. I know it's still beta but this game hasn't captured any of my interest yet that even makes me look forward to the final product. Think I'll stick to XI.

Well yeah, do you feel excited in your early levels in FFXI? Basically the same thing. I'm more curious what endgame is like.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-06-22 04:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Cyprias said: »

Well yeah, do you feel excited in your early levels in FFXI? Basically the same thing. I'm more curious what endgame is like.

I did actually, starting FFXI in 2004 was exciting. This isn't for me.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-06-22 05:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Early levels in FFXI wasn't the same as current-gen MMO. It's about travelling to ALL the way to dunes/Jeuno and get killed by gobs on the way, HPed and walk ALL the way back from windy, because noob forgot to set HP in Selbina :(

Early levels in FFXI is also about waiting for pt invite for hours, until you learn to make connections and rely on other players :(

And when you finally got pt invite, you gonna face more gob aggros, gob link and wipe, /shout for raise, got raise, be thankful for that kind WHM, and get terrible XP/hr after all that.

Basically, early levels in FFXI, at least at lv 75 era, punishes player for every little mistake they made, and face slap every newer players, until player learned how weak and useless they are without others. Once a player overcomes everything, it's an unforgettable experience that you won't find in current-gen MMOs.

I don't think this formula would work in current-gen MMOs, majority of players hate this, and would rather want a fast paced MMO that can make progress, and have fun while doing so. Players that enjoyed this kind of masochistic gameplay are minority.

If you're developing a new MMO, you want your game to please the majorty, not minority. Otherwise you won't make money.
[+]
By Synria 2013-06-22 07:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Kimble2013 said: »
my girlfriend is in a totally different starting town than me. is there anyway for her to go to the one im at?
Super easy to run between the 3 cities at level one, so long as you're attentive to the aggroing mobs (red tags mean aggro) and avoid high level FATEs.
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-06-22 12:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Feels like the more of this I play, the less I want to play it. The more of the story I learn, the less I wanna see it. Getting my 50s back really just made me want to play it less too. I be a sad red panda :(

It's a beautiful game and no doubt better overall than 1.0 but I just can't get excited about it anymore it seems. Thinking of cancelling my pre-order and putting that $80 towards Tales of Xillia.
By Quiznor 2013-06-22 12:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dasanuffadat said: »
Feels like the more of this I play, the less I want to play it. The more of the story I learn, the less I wanna see it. Getting my 50s back really just made me want to play it less too. I be a sad red panda :(

It's a beautiful game and no doubt better overall than 1.0 but I just can't get excited about it anymore it seems. Thinking of cancelling my pre-order and putting that $80 towards Tales of Xillia.

"I have no beta content to do with my old max level characters,worst game ever"
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-06-22 12:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »
Sylph.Dasanuffadat said: »

"I have no beta content to do with my old max level characters,worst game ever"

Not what I'm saying in the slightest. The abilities are all entirely reworked so its overwhelming starting at 50 now in my opinion. There's a TON of content to do in beta, just none of it is really grabbing me. Ton to do as 50 too with the level syncing features. Also didn't say it was the worst game ever, it's definitely better than many MMO's on the market nowadays but it's just so... repetitive? Not sure, can't get into it anymore is all.
By Shamian 2013-06-22 12:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

i dont think its a bad game. playing the beta atm and can say its great.. looks pretty nice on pc, skill, achievment and battle system is new but fits in the ff universe. sure its not a ffxi but as some others already mentioned, i dont think you can come up with an MMO like ffxi these days. people want a more fast paced game, which is easy to get in.
i´m lvl 20 now and have to say the story is good so far.. so is the quest design...
they did a lot since ffxiv 1.0 and you will still find alot of ffxi in it so think also ffxi veterans will sure have fun with this product.
 Valefor.Ceuabara
Server: Valefor
user: Ceuabara
By Valefor.Ceuabara 2013-06-22 12:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIV was a flop. I think SE should have left it at that. They spent so much money making a new game that they pretty much copied from themselves, failed at that and now trying yet again. They would have been better off revamping FFXI to bring it's player base back instead of pushing it further into the ground by making them choose between FFXI and FFXIV. I beta tested FFXI in 2001-2002 on PS2 before NA release and it was exciting. Here I am in 2013 still playing and still loving it. SquareEnix please start using all that wasted money on FFXIV for revamping FFXI and advertising. As well as putting FFXI on other ports such as the new PSVita and the PlayStation 4.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-06-22 12:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

Early levels in FFXI wasn't the same as current-gen MMO. It's about travelling to ALL the way to dunes/Jeuno and get killed by gobs on the way, HPed and walk ALL the way back from windy, because noob forgot to set HP in Selbina :(

Early levels in FFXI is also about waiting for pt invite for hours, until you learn to make connections and rely on other players :(

And when you finally got pt invite, you gonna face more gob aggros, gob link and wipe, /shout for raise, got raise, be thankful for that kind WHM, and get terrible XP/hr after all that.

Basically, early levels in FFXI, at least at lv 75 era, punishes player for every little mistake they made, and face slap every newer players, until player learned how weak and useless they are without others. Once a player overcomes everything, it's an unforgettable experience that you won't find in current-gen MMOs.

I don't think this formula would work in current-gen MMOs, majority of players hate this, and would rather want a fast paced MMO that can make progress, and have fun while doing so. Players that enjoyed this kind of masochistic gameplay are minority.

If you're developing a new MMO, you want your game to please the majorty, not minority. Otherwise you won't make money.

Exactly this. I was never an MMO fan, FFXI was the rare exception that got me hooked. If you're into the WoW kind of MMO I guess this game would be a blast for you. If you prefer oldschool FFXI and thought this game was going to be a throwback and have that brand new adventuring feel to it, it's kinda not.

Everyone bashed those shitty Dunes and Jungle parties from back in the day, but that's the reason why I LOVED this game. It brought everyone so much closer together, you met a whole bunch of people on the way and shared laughs every time you messed up. You got to have conversations with your party members while you were waiting around looking for that PLD or WHM to go lfp. It was an awesome experience that I thought was going to be refabricated but sadly it isn't. It's just a really shiny generic MMO.
By DracoFox 2013-06-22 13:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, the Vita port cannot happen due to the gig space to run it. If it can exceed like 64gigs, then it wold be possible.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-06-22 14:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Too bad these lovely memories people recall of times in FF11 don't even exist anymore, and FFXIV didn't even influence that.

Stick around in Final Fantasy XI though, I'm sure they'll be able to pump out more than 3 events worth doing, 1 of them not remotely casual-friendly, and will only get worse in the foreseeable future.

Infact the foreseeable future is Skirmish II and Delve II, with the latter possibly negating the former, aswell as blowing out the rest of content that was previously on life-support due to Delve I.

Delve I and Delve II friends, let us hope you generate more of these lovely memories through these, shall we?

Anyway, while the beta of FFXIV is absolutely delicious, I, and possiblely many others, don't really feel very motivated into doing a lot due to the inevitable data wipe.

I didn't play 1.0, so I have to say, the areas really do look fantastic, and the music in a lot of areas are really cool, I found myself muting a lot of FFXI's music quite quickly (bar Adoulin, not gonna lie it has some nice tracks)
[+]
 Fenrir.Reece
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Reece 2013-06-22 14:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
So glad someone could explain it better than I could to others.
Sick of XIs lack of.. Interesting and fun content which keeps you coming back rather than this recycable ***.

I'm enjoying XIV so much now, yeah the data wipe will be horrible but I'm using to test out as much as I can for what I wanna do in release
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-22 14:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I did the 3 different dungeons run last night, with 3 other random groups. It is very fun to do, and it brought back the memory of playing old FF games dungeons. Sprawling dungeons with more than 6-7 objectives, around 30-45 mnts to clear (you get 90 mnts to clear). Getting to the dungeons is FAST, no longer you have to deal with 45 mnts waiting for everyone to get there, takes no more than 5-10 mnts even with waiting for your other members getting their CS and walk around there, and taking airship and getting access to the area.

Honestly it was not that easy peasy. The first one is a bit more straightforward but by the third one you do feel the difficulty is ramping up rather quickly. There are tons of mini bosses scattered about. The bosses are not straight forward kill zerg either, in fact, you cannot zerg kill. A lot of them have weakness, unless you figure this out, you will die over and over. Dying does not mean game over, it brings you back to the dungeon entrance and let you have shortcut if you are further in the dungeons, which is amazing idea. I can see the Crystal Tower will be quite hardcore and punish those who are not ready.

Most bosses will have adds to deal with, some have waves and waves of them, so if you are not quick in thinking, you will wipe. Some you may have to kite. Battle is very fast pace and fun. Constantly on the move, and you will be close to running out of mp even with the minikin style refresh. Make sure to ask your tank to stop for 30 seconds so you can regain full mp before proceeding. It's hard to chat and kill since the battle is very fast pace and you better quick with your healing. Most of the players I played with never heard of FFXI which is a great thing, if you have played FFXI then the content will be so much at home and not too difficult to grasp what to do.

I think it is going to be a great game, it gives you two ways of play, you can solo most of it similar to Skyrim, Elderscrolls, and old school FF games (which is about quests, side quests, and main story). Then you have your grouping experience for better weapons and to further along your main story (and where the jobs will play more specific part). Item loot is exactly like WoW, you can NEED or GREED, so you can see really quick who is the azzhole in your group. Definitely not for FFXI die hard hardcore though. I love it, you log play and have a blast with very minimal downtime. It is not 100% perfect but I am willing to give it time to evolve.
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2013-06-22 14:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Server congestion! Got kicked off...so very laggy.

Tried that to guard a guardian quest...wtf happened!? Not kewl. How do I beat second half? I walk in and die.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-06-22 14:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that the one with f'in Tobi Uchiha (Masked Man)? if so, just kite the Lesser Gargoyle for like 2mins, then some tough NPC's run in and support you. If you're on like Lancer or Gladiator though, probably don't need to kite, and I'd say 16 is the minimum level, although it can probably be done at 15.
 Bismarck.Faelar
Server: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2013-06-22 14:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Played for about 5 hours, got bored of doing the same type of "find X or kill X amount of mobs" quests and grinding.

Have fun finding another MMO that doesnt do that.
[+]
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2013-06-22 14:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

its the masked robed wizard guy and the white gargoyle...so just kite it around? cause I was kiting it and attacking the wizard and died near instantaneously lol

I'm a lvl16 archer
 Lakshmi.Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-06-22 14:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Faelar said: »
Played for about 5 hours, got bored of doing the same type of "find X or kill X amount of mobs" quests and grinding.

I won't, XI is my last one. =)
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-06-22 15:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Faelar said: »

Guild Wars 2 comes to mind. That game has some exceptional quest design for an MMO, actually for an RPG in general.

I still find the look of it far too distasteful though, that's a preference thing though.

Star Wars: The Old Republic does a pretty good job of avoiding the grindygrind style quests until your personal class story is over, then it dives headlong into the *** with Gusto.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-06-22 15:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I really like the fact that guard npcs stationed..well, anywhere will run to you and help kill your aggro if you get close enough to them. Infact they kill any aggressive monster that runs into the vicinity of them, attacking people or not.

Like, you remember that time in FFXI you'd run for your life in west ronfoure(sp?) from an Orc (elvaan's big enemy, mind you) and you'd get to the gate and the gate guards just stood there? well, they actually care now in FFXIV!! haha.
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2013-06-22 17:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Beat that boss then jumped into a neighboring fate and game froze
 Lakshmi.Cledant
user: Latifah
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2013-06-22 17:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

i like how you can recruit anyone from all servers on ff14 if you're dong a pt or quest/ anything, its not limited to your server only, just like gw2

they should implement this feature on ffxi. But that will take a lot of coding i guess/memory problems
By arhat 2013-06-22 23:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Luvbunny1 said: »
I did the 3 different dungeons run last night, with 3 other random groups. It is very fun to do, and it brought back the memory of playing old FF games dungeons. Sprawling dungeons with more than 6-7 objectives, around 30-45 mnts to clear (you get 90 mnts to clear). Getting to the dungeons is FAST, no longer you have to deal with 45 mnts waiting for everyone to get there, takes no more than 5-10 mnts even with waiting for your other members getting their CS and walk around there, and taking airship and getting access to the area.

Honestly it was not that easy peasy. The first one is a bit more straightforward but by the third one you do feel the difficulty is ramping up rather quickly. There are tons of mini bosses scattered about. The bosses are not straight forward kill zerg either, in fact, you cannot zerg kill. A lot of them have weakness, unless you figure this out, you will die over and over. Dying does not mean game over, it brings you back to the dungeon entrance and let you have shortcut if you are further in the dungeons, which is amazing idea. I can see the Crystal Tower will be quite hardcore and punish those who are not ready.

Most bosses will have adds to deal with, some have waves and waves of them, so if you are not quick in thinking, you will wipe. Some you may have to kite. Battle is very fast pace and fun. Constantly on the move, and you will be close to running out of mp even with the minikin style refresh. Make sure to ask your tank to stop for 30 seconds so you can regain full mp before proceeding. It's hard to chat and kill since the battle is very fast pace and you better quick with your healing. Most of the players I played with never heard of FFXI which is a great thing, if you have played FFXI then the content will be so much at home and not too difficult to grasp what to do.

I think it is going to be a great game, it gives you two ways of play, you can solo most of it similar to Skyrim, Elderscrolls, and old school FF games (which is about quests, side quests, and main story). Then you have your grouping experience for better weapons and to further along your main story (and where the jobs will play more specific part). Item loot is exactly like WoW, you can NEED or GREED, so you can see really quick who is the azzhole in your group. Definitely not for FFXI die hard hardcore though. I love it, you log play and have a blast with very minimal downtime. It is not 100% perfect but I am willing to give it time to evolve.

I agree with most of your assessment except about the mana. I've dumped all my attributes into MND and still have absolutely no issue with mana on my 22 CNJ. I'm a little irked by how ridiculously easy healing is compared to other MMOs I've played when mana seems so infinite. Even had a group standing in the electrified water on that boss in Halatali and healed through it. I wish our resource actually mattered. The game has been pretty generous with CNJ loot for me though, my heals heal for too much I feel like.

Ifrit groups with people who stand in the circles of fire before they explode havebeen the only instances where my mana was stretched.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-06-22 23:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Things like Balancing and difficulty is exactly what they're trying to hammer out this late in a beta, so put feedback like that somewhere where a dev could see it (If you haven't already), that's the exact kind of thing they're looking for at this stage of the game.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2013-06-22 23:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the autoregaineverything stop inside dungeons? That'd be the only way i could see you losing MP fast enough that you'd have go go into passive.
By arhat 2013-06-22 23:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Mechanics are part of the problem though I feel like. Or maybe they want to ease us into something unfamiliar since the mechanics of dungeons in this game are vastly different than fights in XI. A great deal of boss fights in this game have damage that is easily, entirely avoidable. Makes it so you're just pre-healing the tank every other hit.

I have 525 mana, if my group doesn't stand in the water at all on that fight with the electrified water, then I won't dip below 480 because only the tank ever takes damage and not much. The elementals he summons die so fast, or maybe my DPS were just good players. When I did that boss with my first group and we died and people decided to pull onto the side ramp out of the water I thought: "Okay, he can't do massive aoe damage. So maybe there's a tradeoff and he'll hit the tank harder." but no. I was kind of disappointed.

Outside of Inferno or whatever that move is, all of Ifrit's damage is entirely avoidable. Get out of circles and only tank in front to avoid that frontal aoe. I guess if the tank decides to be a jerk and face Ifrit towards the healer after INferno when he runs in for Medica you could actually die? The Copperbell Mines final boss is just a bunch of trash and periodically he uses a move that does big damage. Other than the scare from that move (Colossal Slam I think?) the fight is incredibly laid back.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-06-22 23:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like everything is intentionally easy, when you think about it, difficulty is one of the easiest things to modify, so I wouldn't worry too much about it; just make sure everyone knows you think the game is too easy. And that isn't sarcasm.

Considering it's still in Beta, and 2 months away from release, they could have some high-level content in the works for the actual launch. Is it that unreasonable to assume that the game is lacking "Endgame" when it isn't even out yet?
[+]
By arhat 2013-06-22 23:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
Sounds like everything is intentionally easy, when you think about it, difficulty is one of the easiest things to modify, so I wouldn't worry too much about it; just make sure everyone knows you think the game is too easy. And that isn't sarcasm.

Considering it's still in Beta, and 2 months away from release, they could have some high-level content in the works for the actual launch. Is it that unreasonable to assume that the game is lacking "Endgame" when it isn't even out yet?

Yeah, I'm hoping so.

I don't think it's actually set too low since I ran Copperbell Mines a lot of times to help people in linkshell and help a friend and the one time I had a Gladiator tank it was particularly painful. I think it was like 6 attempts before we beat the final boss. But I am not sure if that's because he was undergeared, unskilled, or if Gladiator is a bad tank for that fight. I hear Marauder is the better tank for multiple targets and Gladiator for single targets but Colossal Slam barely dented my friend on his Marauder and took my 550 health Gladiator tank to like 120.

The game might just be tuned so that if you have even a modest amount of gear the difficulty drops significantly and I was getting a lot of gear from dungeons.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 21 22 23