By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-07-14 03:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

dat music doe.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Luvbunny1 2013-07-14 04:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lordzetta said: »
If this is true then we'll most likely get phase 4 during the second week of august. I think is a good cool down period between the phases and we should then get early access a couple of days afterwards.

Yeah, I would guess they would need a good 3-4 weeks to iron out all the bugs in phase 3 beta. So we probably get to test phase 4 around mid August or sometimes around August 8 at the earliest. Cannot wait for this game to just launch already.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-07-14 09:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk if anyone is playing gathering classes as hardcore as I am, but those 20k/40k exp boost papers + leves = Lv20 to 26 in like 20 leves. ***is balls awesome
 Valefor.Fmaxgluttony
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Fmaxgluttony 2013-07-14 09:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm enjoying botanist and miner a lot myself lol. Also I really hate running dungeons with randoms...I think I'll just run them when the game releases with my friends lol.

3 manning Haukke Manor cause the healer joined the "wrong instance" was beyond fun. I might just dual box and 3 man every dungeon!
 Fenrir.Reece
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Reece 2013-07-14 09:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
Idk if anyone is playing gathering classes as hardcore as I am, but those 20k/40k exp boost papers + leves = Lv20 to 26 in like 20 leves. ***is balls awesome

Yeah I have 23 Mining personally, and found a good way to level up is doing levemetes too.

Alchemy 25, and I used the papers for that and it's not as fast (or just doesn't seem like it)

A friend has Botanist 32 and he does levemetes hardcore.
We figured using allowances for crafting classes when games released instead of general xp
 Bahamut.Lordzetta
user: Zetta
By Bahamut.Lordzetta 2013-07-14 10:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Does your craft need to be a specific level for the leve quests to unlock? I have been going around the towns and none are accessible for me.
 Fenrir.Reece
By Fenrir.Reece 2013-07-14 10:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Does your craft need to be a specific level for the leve quests to unlock? I have been going around the towns and none are accessible for me.

Go back to Adventurer's guild and talk to Levemete person that should just open them up (I think) it's what happened for me.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-07-14 10:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Do crafting leves give you the materials to make the requested items, or do you need to acquire those yourself?
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2013-07-14 10:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Do crafting leves give you the materials to make the requested items, or do you need to acquire those yourself?

you have to acquire them yourself

I want to know why the gathering log doesnt give you an exp reward for finishing a page. BS.
 Fenrir.Reece
By Fenrir.Reece 2013-07-14 10:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Aquire yourself I believe.
A friend who does Carpentry he sees his levemetes he can accept, gathers all the materials in advance and just spams through them.
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2013-07-14 10:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
dat music doe.

this ones better. Its like walking through Harry Potter land all over again
 Lakshmi.Cledant
Server: Lakshmi
user: Latifah
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2013-07-14 13:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

i love Uematsu but he uses way too much synthesizer on his songs, his style is quite repetitive on all songs, this one is rly good and fresh

Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-07-14 13:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

omg did crafting leves for the first time today. I didn't know you could trade in multiple orders on one leve. omg.
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2013-07-14 13:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

omg did crafting leves for the first time today. I didn't know you could trade in multiple orders on one leve. omg.
Say what?
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-07-14 13:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Daus said: »
Say what?

Right, so, I got the level for CUL in Limsa called "Fever pitch". It says I have to trade in 3 Charmomile Teas to an npc in town. I went and gathered 99 of the charmomile plant and just crafted the whole batch, thinking I'd run back to the leve mate each time. However, the NPC was willing to take multiple sets of three from me at once. And I even got a 200% bonus for trading in three HQs I had made. :O And each HQ sync with the exp paper is 2482 at level30 CUL. with 8k from the level. ermahgawd dat exp.

EDIT:
I should clarify that it was 2482 at 100% HQ rate. Normal ones (where I'm just mashing 1 to finish quickly) are 905 with the exp paper.

okay so he lets you trade up to three times, so 9 teas a leve. And 3 HQs with the EXP boost gave 25515 exp each time. Trade 9 HQs at get 76545 exp for one leve. and 2.6k gil each trade isn't bad either. For HQ trades. :x
 Shiva.Garlend
Server: Shiva
user: Garlend
By Shiva.Garlend 2013-07-14 14:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm loving how a lot of the new music in ARR sounds so much like Chrono Cross music.
 Asura.Silverware
Server: Asura
By Asura.Silverware 2013-07-14 14:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

My song contribution. This is fantastic.

Behest

Leves 1

Boss 1

Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-07-14 14:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If audio and video recordings aren't allowed to be shared, isn't it a breach of NDA to share music?
 Asura.Silverware
Server: Asura
By Asura.Silverware 2013-07-14 14:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Should be. That doesn't seem to be stopping the guy lol.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-07-14 15:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So the Lv30 leve for cornmeal, trading in 15 HQ Cornmeals gave 124,983 EXP. and each HQ synth gave about 4k exp (wasn't 100% on most of them, so yeah). Normal quality stuff with increased quality gave about the same. So it seems you get more exp increasing the quality of normal mats than you would increasing quality with HQ mats.
By Enuyasha 2013-07-14 15:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So the Lv30 leve for cornmeal, trading in 15 HQ Cornmeals gave 124,983 EXP. and each HQ synth gave about 4k exp (wasn't 100% on most of them, so yeah). Normal quality stuff with increased quality gave about the same. So it seems you get more exp increasing the quality of normal mats than you would increasing quality with HQ mats.
I really hope that outrageously awesome number stays...cause i dont want to level a craft as slow as it took in 1.0 >_>
 Valefor.Ivaan
Server: Valefor
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2013-07-14 15:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question, how are we suppose to get early access when we preorder the game?

I had to preorder a normal copy since collector editions were all out. In doing so i didnt get any special code or anything for early access? I am wondering how that will work.
 Bahamut.Lordzetta
By Bahamut.Lordzetta 2013-07-14 15:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ivaan said: »
I have a question, how are we suppose to get early access when we preorder the game?

I had to preorder a normal copy since collector editions were all out. In doing so i didnt get any special code or anything for early access? I am wondering how that will work.

When I preordered from Gamestop I got a code on my receipt.I went to the website to register and now I'm just waiting on a respond.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-07-14 15:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Never played 1.0 so cant say what the level gaining speed in crafting was like, but for ARR, I'm hoping not everyone and their mum will be easily able to attain max crafts.

I mean, not only will it not be a good means of gil making if everyone has 'em..but they'd also be no sense of accomplishment either.

The thing is that for the craft I did, I needed to gather Millcorn. It's from Lv15 lush vegetation in Eastern Thanalan and at lv26BTN I had a 98% chance of getting NQ and 25% chance for HQ. So while you can buy the mats in town from NPCs for lower level crafts... You WILL have to

A) Gather your own materials (for CUL that means fishing and harvesting which I was leveling anyway in 1.0 so.)
B) Buy them off the market wards from players
C) Beg your friends for mats... I suggest against this. >_>

A is the cheapest course imo. But then again, I'm talking from a CUL's point of view. The other crafts I think you'll need items from other crafts (like woodworker will need rivets and stuff from blacksmith and armourer or something and both of those will need ores from Miner.) So yeah.

did normal cornmeals to NPC. 13887 exp for 5; traded 3 times for one leve and was 41,661 exp and 3,678gil for one leve. ermahgawd.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-07-14 23:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

For the final night of phase 3, people are marching from ul'dah to grid on Excalibur. :o
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2013-07-15 10:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

my final night I spent alot of it on botanist...so very exciting I know.

Tried crafting on carpenter again but I was stuck in the craft log because I couldn't get iron ores or whatever I needed. Somebody was selling like..2 on the marketboard for like 4k a piece...was like..newp...

so then I got myself the miner class and got it to 8 before getting bored and I was secretly hoping iron would be in the 5-10 log and it wasn't T_T
 Bahamut.Lordzetta
By Bahamut.Lordzetta 2013-07-15 11:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried crafting on carpenter again but I was stuck in the craft log because I couldn't get iron ores or whatever I needed. Somebody was selling like..2 on the marketboard for like 4k a piece...was like..newp...

so then I got myself the miner class and got it to 8 before getting bored and I was secretly hoping iron would be in the 5-10 log and it wasn't T_T

You could of bought the iron ore at the npc marketplace. They sold from 30-60 gil.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-07-15 15:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

New video show casing the armor in FFXIV: ARR
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2013-07-15 21:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You could of bought the iron ore at the npc marketplace. They sold from 30-60 gil.

I looked for it and couldnt find it at any npc D: I even traveled to uldah with the guilds and couldnt find any.
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23