Forum » FFXI » General » FFXIV Beta ps3
FFXIV Beta ps3
First Page 2 3 4 ... 21 22 23
 Fenrir.Reece
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Reece 2013-06-16 01:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So when part 1 finishes when is part 2 up? Because if it's friday like people ingame are saying then really it's more or less a 72/96 hour phase beta..
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
Server: Bismarck
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-06-16 01:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I think thats what it is honestly and next phase is friday but i dont really keep up with it

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-06-16 01:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

this whole weekend only beta is somewhat HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE imo :/ how are you going to fully test the game and servers in just a weekend ._.;
[+]
 Fenrir.Reece
By Fenrir.Reece 2013-06-16 01:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Mabrook Eslim said: »
Can you give me that code so I can play FF14 now instead of later, I love you long time for it :o

:)
By time you get the code, download the client and 4/5gb updates. I'll either be down in like half hour or be down already until friday
 Cerberus.Mirril
Server: Cerberus
user: flywacket
By Cerberus.Mirril 2013-06-16 02:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Did anyone else get an email with a PC code AND a PS3 code (for phase 3)? Can the PS3 code be registered to a different account or no? I want to side by side compare the gameplay on my mid-range PC and PS3 using two accounts. (I can't imagine why they'd send two codes unless they wanted people to do that)
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-06-16 02:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Reece said: »
Can you give me that code so I can play FF14 now instead of later, I love you long time for it :o

:)
By time you get the code, download the client and 4/5gb updates. I'll either be down in like half hour or be down already until friday

i can't even get on the *** game, the patcher has been broken for me and like 100 other people on the forums posting about it. they haven't even said they are acknowledge the problem even :/
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-06-16 02:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
this whole weekend only beta is somewhat HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE imo :/ how are you going to fully test the game and servers in just a weekend ._.;
It was just meant to test basic game functionality and how well the servers handle a shitload of people logging in :(

Post deleted by User.
By Synria 2013-06-16 05:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mirril said: »
Did anyone else get an email with a PC code AND a PS3 code (for phase 3)? Can the PS3 code be registered to a different account or no? I want to side by side compare the gameplay on my mid-range PC and PS3 using two accounts. (I can't imagine why they'd send two codes unless they wanted people to do that)
Which do you want to use? Cuz ff14 on PC is better for freedom of moving around but it'll cost a bit for a laptop or desktop; if you not gonna use one of them I'd love a reg code for ps3 cuz I haven't got one yet :|

They both have the same freedom of movement and if you got the PS3 Beta invite, you just register that and then download the client (says in the same email) for PC as well.
By Quiznor 2013-06-16 05:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mirril said: »

the first code is your content ID,the 2nd code,the ps3 one,is the PSN voucher to download it on PSN
By Enuyasha 2013-06-16 06:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
It was just meant to test basic game functionality and how well the servers handle a shitload of people logging in :(
There are still 3 more "parts" to this phase :< This was just a system functionality and server load test :<

The last "part" (3.3) will be a long continuous running of the servers.

Unless they changed something,which they could have.
[+]
By Kimble2013 2013-06-16 12:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a list some where of when you can play for phase 3?
By sorge74 2013-06-16 14:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically just making sure nothing is broken and that the servers work.

Also an infinite amount of tweaks. If players play 48 hours that gives developers 5 days to poor over the data and make adjustments.

I can say that after playing for about 12 hours total that I'll be switching. Somehow farming delve seems boring now.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Fmaxgluttony
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Fmaxgluttony 2013-06-16 14:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Dammit i'm having withdrawals already from playing the beta. I was enjoying it way too much.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cobblers
user: Ntfc
By Fenrir.Cobblers 2013-06-16 16:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

download only took 1h 45-2hr on ps3 for me, really enjoyed it shame I did not get more time on it but look forward to next stage, has made up my mind to purchase on release already though
 Asura.Silverware
Server: Asura
By Asura.Silverware 2013-06-16 16:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh yea I'm going through withdrawal as well.. Friend and I played it for like 10+ hours each day it was up. And now I'm bored as hell.
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2013-06-16 16:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You're not alone, I think this will officially kill off XI for me. Hard to get motivated to do ANYTHING on XI now lol
 Bahamut.Feisei
Server: Bahamut
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2013-06-16 16:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm making the switch to 14 hands down. Been playing 11 on/off the past 6months. Get invited to beta, *** love 14, never going back. I just wish it was live or atleast beta lasted more than the weekend(i know it will last longer, later).
By fonewear 2013-06-16 16:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I played some FFXI today after doing the beta and it just isn't the same anymore. If I didn't have so much time and effort invested in XI I would delete my character and move on. I'm going to hope they do something by the time FFXIV comes out. You know it is bad when lately the only reason I even log in is because Mog Bonaza is coming up soon.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-06-16 16:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The beta was *** awesome. I got an email invite to play the beta on PC, and loved most of the early quests. My PC isn't the best, so lag was a bit notable on my end, and I did see some other issues, though quite minor that were already posted on the forums.

Highlighted NPC's, etc., but the playability was fairly smooth. I should have gotten a pc friendly controller for this, since even on PC you had that option instead of using a keyboard/mouse mode.
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-06-16 17:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont see what the hype is really. Its just like every other MMO. At least before it didnt clone everything.
 Bahamut.Feisei
Server: Bahamut
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2013-06-16 17:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats the thing, it didnt feel like every other mmo to me. ive played a few trying to find the starting nostalgia 11 once gave me and 14 is the only mmo ive played able to recreate that starting feeling
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-06-16 17:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Feisei said: »
Thats the thing, it didnt feel like every other mmo to me. ive played a few trying to find the starting nostalgia 11 once gave me and 14 is the only mmo ive played able to recreate that starting feeling

I agree it was fun. After i hit 15 and unlocked leves inn guildhest etc it was great but before that i got kinda bored.

I have a 50 mnk from the original game il be using so alot of that stuff wont be a problem to me
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-06-16 17:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The hype is that it only "cloned" the best parts of games for the current generation of gamers. the EXP reward system for completing quests allows the use of establishment stories for quests. In FFXI, as previously stated, there was at best, mediocre rewards, with 0 experience, and little to no currency generation required to purchase or craft-level for newer equipment.

Add into the experience generation from the Hunting Log after level 5 for your job guild, such as the lancer's guild, as each completed hunt registry offers an experience reward, as well as the experience earned from defeating those monsters. Many of these hunt registries can also be done in conjunction with other quests at the same time as well, making it much easier to level.

The other thing is, quite a few people are comparing FFXI and FFXIV and the mechanics between them, when they are meant to be different.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-06-16 17:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The early leveling experience in an MMO is dull and uneventful. Who knew?!
 Phoenix.Salmijr
Server: Phoenix
user: Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2013-06-16 17:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

So, if one is already on the PC beta, how can we apply for ps3 beta, or is it too late till phase 4?
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-06-16 17:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The early leveling experience in an MMO is dull and uneventful. Who knew?!

Eh, not always. It's more tied to if you've played the game already or not, sort of like NG+. For first-timers, even low-level crap is a totally new experience. Think back to early FFXI and all the "Need to run to Jeuno" stories. But after your first job is 50+ that kind of magic doesn't happen anymore.
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
Server: Ragnarok
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-06-16 17:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to emphasize the point of "Beta Testing." While a lot of core mechanics will likely not change at this point, that doesn't mean they won't work to tweak them. If I recall correctly, Phase 4 will be considered the "Demo" of the full release. With that said, you're more so there to test the waters and make sure everything is okay right now, rather than trying to fully enjoy the game just yet.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 21 22 23