Solo Dynamis Farming
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14
 Shiva.Denore
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Denore
By Shiva.Denore 2012-10-26 14:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Super curious Prothescar, what does a well-geared, proficient BLU pull in solo (not dual box, I don't have that option) on DCs? Like low/average/high?
I don't solo too much, most often duo, but could be really fun to try out my baby BLU sometime, change things up from THF!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-10-26 14:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't solo D/Cs, generally dualbox or duo on those for far more efficient currency than soloing EPs, but when I used to solo Tav I'd get 200~220 or so coins per run. Wasn't worth it after forgotten items crashed so I stopped going, should be soloing 240~250 coins per run on EPs, but I haven't done it in a while and apparently competition has multiplied, so can't speak for how effective soloing EPs is now.

tl;dr soloing DCs was pretty nice when forgotten items were worth money, soloing EPs is pretty ***compared to dual boxing or duoing DCs.
 Shiva.Denore
Server: Shiva
user: Denore
By Shiva.Denore 2012-10-26 14:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, ok.
My freshie blu is not going to be standing up to my thf anytime soon, but it still might be worth a try for fun.
Don't know if I can go back to EPs though.. DCs are just so much less.. mind-numbingly boring?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-10-26 14:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. I mean, lots of people tout the killspeed difference between EP and DC, but it really comes down to average proc time. I can keep wailing on a DC as I wait for a proc (even have to turn my back still sometimes...), have to stop damage altogether on an EP. It evens the score quite a ways, though I won't say it closes the gap considering you can pull more EPs at a time and hold them all while proccing/weakening them provided competition isn't huge.
[+]
 Asura.Aikchan
Server: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2012-10-26 14:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said:
You're eyeballing. Present me with some statistical evidence to back your claims aside from two anon-geared jobs being used in different ways (the DNC being less efficient from the sounds) and we'll talk. Fyi, a THF will be superior damage over time than a DNC in Dynamis.
Not sure what evidence you want? That th3 > th2?? I did 2 runs and that was enough for me... Or that thf is better damage dealer?

Dnc did only offer me 10% haste samba 1 extra proc ja and evis.
Thf, th3+ and evis.

I triple box bst as my main, thf and sch. Using dualsend, both toons just follow and assist me, so anything that I can do darkness sc with ruinator could work, I said not matter who is the best dps there coz as soon I get proc I just do evis > ruinator as the mob dies, with dancer I was just looking to get tp faster with the extra 5% from haste samba but I was getting less coin in average per mob so went back to thf.

No matter how good is the damage output of any of those they are just a tool for me, ruinator > Darness SC = overkill on any dc mob.
By geigei 2012-10-26 14:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Aikchan you have to understand Prothescar claims th2 is equal to th6 and if you say otherwise he wants solid proof.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-10-26 17:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aikchan said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said:
You're eyeballing. Present me with some statistical evidence to back your claims aside from two anon-geared jobs being used in different ways (the DNC being less efficient from the sounds) and we'll talk. Fyi, a THF will be superior damage over time than a DNC in Dynamis.
Not sure what evidence you want? That th3 > th2?? I did 2 runs and that was enough for me...

Want statistics for this. What you're saying goes against the evidence that's already compiled for Treasure Hunter. Any tier passed 2 isn't providing as much of a boost, 1 and 2 are currently believed to double drop rates, while 3+ add 1% +/-. That != an extra 40-60 coins per Dynamis, sorry to tell you. Two runs of eyeballing while offering very little information, such as gear setups and whatnot, to the audience isn't nearly enough proof to persuade anyone.

You'll need a statistically significant sample size under controlled conditions.

As for the mental midget who posted below you, ignore his drivel. He's just mad that someone called him on his ***.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-10-26 17:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Prothescar claims th2 is equal to th6
You can't even read. Do you understand the difference between "small increase not worth fussing over" and "equality"?
[+]
 Cerberus.Sephrin
Server: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2012-10-26 17:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I pull about 200-250 as BST/DNC in Dyna-Qufim on EP. I don't do DC because as stated before, the crashing of forgotten stuff.

With my Dyna partner we duo as BST/DNC and THF/DNC. We usually pull in 350-400 coins with moderate competition on EP. IF competition is heavy we jump to DC, but on Cerberus Dynamis has picked up somewhat. Probably due to the crashing of choco blinkers or something.

Either way, I like farming on BST better than DNC or BLU. Sometimes I get bored and try diff combinations. But primarily BST is what I like to do. TH3+, in my experience just makes me toss out a crap load of -1s and accessories... OH and that gd JUJU.
[+]
 Phoenix.Valory
user: rori
By Phoenix.Valory 2012-10-26 18:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sephrin said: »

Either way, I like farming on BST better than DNC or BLU. Sometimes I get bored and try diff combinations. But primarily BST is what I like to do. TH3+, in my experience just makes me toss out a crap load of -1s and accessories... OH and that gd JUJU.

God wouldn't it be great if the game prevented you from receiving drops that you have stored on the porter moogle? Drop it on the moogle once and never think about the damn thing again.
[+]
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-26 19:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Around 250 is basically a soft cap on your average if your /dnc and fighting EP. Sure, there will be runs where you get lucky with procs and you can get higher, and there will be runs where you get screwed on procs. But your average isn't really going to get higher on EP if your solo.
As your gear (and subsequently, damage) gets better, you get to the point where getting better gear isn't going to improve your run. It becomes about proc rate. I could see DNC/THF being the best for EP because they will get faster procs, but I don't know if they have the kill speed or not. This all assumes solo play btw.

As for Geigei, we've all pretty much assumed he was just a troll about 4-5 pages back. After reading his garbage recently though, I'd have to downgrade him from troll to just plain retard. Yet, to his credit, I did find one thing that he did say that I learned - Steal can proc mobs. Of course they have to have a buff in order for it to have a chance of procing.

Take this for what it's worth, but I farm best on BLU. I have THF, DNC, BLU, MNK, and BST. I've tried them all in dynamis. I have NIN as well but I don't have Kannagi so I'm not going to waste time trying to see if NIN is even competitive.
A few months ago, I started 2-boxing a bard. Since then, I haven't taken the opportunity to solo dynamis. However, I will say that the best solo run I had was as a BST in Buburimu. With a pet that doesn't benefit from marches/haste, I think my BST would be crappy compared to my other options.
So anyway, I've tried the other jobs with my BRD/WHM mule and the best results I've had are with BLU. I think if my MNK could get TH2 then my MNK would do best, but the since the overall damage is close enough, I think the TH2 on BLU makes it the clear winner.

Now, to be fair to my THF and DNC, they aren't wielding empyreans. My MNK and BLU are. Also, I've obtained some significant upgrades to my jobs over the past month so I will probably take them all through again and see how they do. I'm not sure it will matter much to you guys since most people don't 2-box a bard, but I'll post the results one day anyway and people can take from it what they want.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-26 19:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I also wanted to mention that I am not biased toward any one job, nor do I consider myself to have better skill with one job than another. In fact, of my jobs, BLU gives me the best results, but it's also a job that I only picked up recently. I just unlocked BLU about 2-3 months ago so the results aren't because I can play BLU better than my other jobs.
 Phoenix.Suji
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-10-26 20:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Peldin said: »
Yet, to his credit, I did find one thing that he did say that I learned - Steal can proc mobs. Of course they have to have a buff in order for it to have a chance of procing.
We fight the JA yags in near the shrooms whenever shrooms aren't up as well as the JA orcs near south-manticore (because coins>shells), probably around 5 beastmen per run. I always use Steal to try to proc them. I don't use a +Steal set due to inventory constraints but in my entire time doing dynamis, I've only ever successfully JA proc'd a mob with Steal two times. I don't think you can proc with Steal unless you actually successfully steal (Charm is the same way, can't proc if the bind doesn't stick).

Maybe I'm just doing it wrong, but Steal seems extremely bad to me. Even if you cut my time in there in half because I don't always do those areas (say 6 months of farming), and assume I've only gone four days a week for whatever reason (trials, interruptions, laziness), that's still 1/240 chance for me.

I actually screen-shotted the first time I did it, along with a "HOLY ***!" since I wasn't even sure it was possible before that.
 Sylph.Decimus
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-10-26 20:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I have successfully stolen coins from beastmen (Orcs in Beauc. to be specific) so you can always hope for that too. I think it was 2-3 coins total in about 10 runs when I was just trying the new dyna system.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2012-10-27 00:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You should work more on your thf Peldin cause blu is way bellow.

Steal proc on nightmare too, berserk, eva, def moves etc can be stolen, i get 1 maybe 2 procs/run this way.

Even with diminishing return TH6 will beat TH2, can be 1% can be 20%, doesn't matter.

What dmg you're talking about? the ability to self sc is useless unless you do dc's cause on ep's mercy will cut maybe 70% of hp bar, if you do want dc's how many mobs till you run out of mp? same thing for your versatility, you buff yourself? i steal pro or shell while changing camps, you heal more? i waltz myself for 400 and very rarely i wanted more cause getting lower on my hp bar means i'm exposed to nasty moves or DA crit which will probably kill me, you can aoe sleep...cool, i can hold up to 6 ep's rotating bolts while still proccing.

Flee/hide is a huge boost over blu and you cannot compensate that.

Eva tanking? really? i bet you're one of those who claim agi dagger (agi ktn) are good beacuse they give eva AND ws mod.

In response to hippo vs cactuar, everytime you do cactuar turned around waiting for proc you actually lose money, hippo won't dispel your rcb if you keep samba up (not 100% sure but i never got stolen this way) and flytraps/sheeps are bad unless other camps taken, time spent sleeping=time spent not doing money.
Seriously, after this huge rant of absolute *** garbage, it makes your "i average 550 per run" even more ridiculous.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-28 02:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

He only claimed 300, not 550. I think it was me that said 550, or 5500 or something like that. I can't remember all my sarcastic comments =D
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2012-10-29 23:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Thf+mnk i find to be the best choice on dc for 500.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-10-29 23:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

People mentioning steal as proc, I should mention that since beastmen are left alone a lot they tend to get protect and such from surrounding WHMs so you can always just aura steal them (Though all the beastmen have self-buff TP moves so you can go for that too). Aura steal procs them and it's a nice fallback if you're doing anything that can buff itself like Crawlers, Snolls, Kraken etc.

Steal by itself is an awful proc though, yes. The steal rate for coins is pitifully low.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [56 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Jeyman
Server: Bahamut
user: Dejet
By Bahamut.Jeyman 2012-12-24 13:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

im a full af3+2 bst with axe's and what not but its getting old. Looking to my thf now. I can dual box a 95 whm(not well geared but meh like that matters) my bst pulls in around 220 solo if thf can do the same it be nice.

Looking to do bub as thats the zone I did mostly with bst. Is this an ok zone for thf.

Next are JA's the way to go or WS(AE) spam? I see most say dual box = DC so im looking into that, really what would I be better off doing JAs or WS's?

Everyone seems to go around JAs so I would guess this?

I know neco but really where else can I ask this lol
 Bismarck.Lucried
Server: Bismarck
user: Lucried
By Bismarck.Lucried 2012-12-24 13:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

unless you got a kraken club im guessing ja procs are still they way to go. even with one i cant be sure it would be better than ja procs. thf+brd works well on dc if you happen to have brd on that char.
 Phoenix.Valory
user: rori
By Phoenix.Valory 2012-12-24 13:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Whm/Bst can be nice(only need level 5 or 10 or something on the sub for Charm) if you dont have/dont want to level Brd (/dnc would be better, but if you're lazy like me you don't mind sacrificing efficiency). Drop dia2 on everything and spam Charm for extra proc chances. but until your thf is rocking one of the higher end gearsets you probably will wanna stay away from DCs.

JA are pretty much always the way to go because you can proc it, then run behind it to SA->WS for the kill and then go pull/proc another while SA resets.

With your Mule you can also TA if the situation calls for it (early proc before TP is built or something)
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-12-24 14:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lucried said: »
unless you got a kraken club im guessing ja procs are still they way to go. even with one i cant be sure it would be better than ja procs. thf+brd works well on dc if you happen to have brd on that char.

Which zone would u recommend for thf+ brd or dnc+brd?

Did qufim but the damn DC bomb aggro from magic irritates me.
 Bismarck.Lucried
By Bismarck.Lucried 2012-12-24 14:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

dyna valc, i think works the best not as much running around really for dc mobs. but bubu works well to. not a fan of dc mobs in qufim though
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-12-24 14:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lucried said: »
dyna valc, i think works the best not as much running around really for dc mobs. but bubu works well to. not a fan of dc mobs in qufim though

Ill try dyna valk today thanks.

Are you doing marchx2? I find myself killing a bit too fast that i dont have enough process time with marchx2?
 Bismarck.Lucried
By Bismarck.Lucried 2012-12-24 14:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

yes i do x2 marches i do tend to kill a lil fast at time however if i dont proc before its dead i just move to next mob. or rather i should say i dont hold mobs. its inefficient and some mobs are just plain stubborn.
 Bahamut.Jeyman
user: Dejet
By Bahamut.Jeyman 2012-12-25 06:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks so much for the info. As of now my mule is only a whm and a 79 blm(used only for procing) Ill look into abby burning my bard on that account it is 30 so it only take a matter of a day to do that. As for bst it is sub lvl So I can sub bst on my mule account.

Ill try out valc as well.

Next my thf is not all that high end. He has TH7(and will in namis till I get my str daggers done, really screw fire trials. on beast killer right now with 50 to go) So ya its a mix bag of AF3+1/2 and stuff like epons ring and brego gloves. its not a pink ranger by any means.

Ill be going in for the first time. today. Whm/bst or should I jsut go whm/rdm? cant tell if you mean only if I have bard lol
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-12-25 07:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
Which zone would u recommend for thf+ brd or dnc+brd?

Did qufim but the damn DC bomb aggro from magic irritates me.
I box a DNC/THF + BRD/WHM and do anywhere from less than 300 to over 400 coins depending on how fast I get TE's and/or if I die or not. Best run was like 460ish when I went in at the same time as a couple guys who were going to farm EP. I was just able to go kill the 20 min TE and then start farming right away b/c they killed all the 10 min TE.

Valkurm is by far my favorite place to farm decent challenge mobs with my setup. Everything is much more spread out here than in other zones making it easier to get single pulls. I always run Treants -> Funguar -> Sheep. My path for getting TE's is Orc -> Goblin -> Yagudo -> Quadav, and then hunt for the 20 min TE (mazurka is a big benefit when going for it). 2 things to watch out for with these camps. 1) Silence Gas - don't let your mule get hit with it. It hurts and you gotta take off Saber Dancer and use tp to Healing Waltz 2) Sheep Song - usually just more annoying than anything. If I were a pro, I'd use poison potions, but I'm a noob. I usually only get slept 0-3 times over the course of the entire run so it's not really much of an issue.

I want to try Qufim again. Qufim can be really great if you can handle the 2 bat camps and the diremite camp because they are all right next to each other (and you don't need to invis between camps, just sneak). The only problem with the bat camps is that they are clumped together and it's not uncommon to pull 3-4 bats, which can be really devastating depending on how good you are at playing your bard mule.

Buburimu kinda sucks for decent challenge. When I've run it, my route has been Scorpions -> Ravens -> Rabbits. I always mazurka to and from the rabbit camp but it's still a really sucky run. Mandies have nightmare sleep so I avoid that camp. Scorpions have a few dangerous tp moves (poison is 50/tick). Ravens have one tp move that can hit really hard. Rabbits have whirl claws which have done over 1k to my mule before.

For whatever you do, make sure to macro Horde Lullaby II and Foe Lullaby II. Can really save your ***, or at least save you from having to use Fan Dance if you're dnc/thf.

Always double marches for thf/dnc. For dnc/thf you can go march/minuet if the one march caps your delay. If you want to know more about that, you can check the dancer forums where Byrth and I discussed different gear sets to make sure I wasn't going over the delay cap.
 Cerberus.Reiden
Server: Cerberus
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2012-12-28 22:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

way off topic but is there a thf solo/duo ss thread around. was about to make one but didn't want to get flamed if there was one out already
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [174 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-06-20 19:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for the necro bump, started farming Dynamis again sicnce I'm broke and bored, been solo'ing DC's with RCB + Acid Bolt, and been wondering if I'm capped on certain stats on them at 99.

Main hand Mandau99 + offhand Aphotic Kukri(Rank3) was wondering how much I need to reach fSTR/dDEX/Attack caps at 99?
 Sylph.Malizia
user: Malizia
By Sylph.Malizia 2013-06-20 23:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

According to the Motenten spreadsheet (which you should totally download because it's awesome) a DC Nightmare mob has, on average, 435 Defense, 98 AGI, and 95 VIT.

From those values:
98 + 50 = 148 DEX to cap dDEX.
2.25 * floor(435 * .875) = 855 Attack to cap attack, with the 12.5% defense down from acid bolts.

STR cap is a little harder:
Mandau 99 has a weapon rank of floor(55 / 9) = 6.
Aphotic has a weapon rank of floor(91 / 9) = 10.
Upper cap of fSTR is rank + 8, so (18, 14).
fSTR is approximately (STR - VIT + 4) / 4, so:
(18, 14) = (STR - 95 + 4) / 4
(72, 56) = STR - 91
(163, 147) = STR

You'd need 147 STR to cap on Mandau, and 163 for Aphotic.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14