New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Solo Dynamis Farming
Solo Dynamis Farming
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14
By kenshynofshiva 2012-10-25 12:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
I dunno about white procs, I think you'd be better off dnc/thf for an increased chance of drops. TH2 on every mob in weeks of runs vs a rare hundred piece? I don't know anything about pup in dynamis but did you say ws proc? When I dual box, I like to have both chars /dnc for fast procing. The faster I proc it the faster I kill it and the more coins I get.

Yeah the puppet's attachments are capable of proccing mobs during ws time. Just trying to figure out how much better is th7 vs Th2 vs increased kill speed of having another heavy DD vs a so so geared thf/dnc....
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-10-25 13:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I couldn't give you statistics but the general consensus I get from people is that TH2 has a pretty drastic impact but anything higher than that has significantly diminished returns.

Perhaps others can give better exact advice, but I always went blu/dnc + brd/dnc so I had no th at all.
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-10-25 13:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
When I have Qufim DC to my own, I'm sitting on repops at Diremites (there are 9), and I kill about 10 or 11 of both bats before they start repopping, 3boxing thf mnk whm, and I average about 450.

Tried out Valkurm last night since someone was in my spot in Qufim, did Hippos, Treants, Flytraps (probably should have done funguar instead, wouldnt have to worry about whm's positioning), and wound up with 454. Had no competition until 2 duo's rolled up with 20 min to go, but I probably only lost maybe 3 minutes collectively in that time looking for repops since they killed slow.
Today with THF/DNC, DNC/WAR and WHM/SCH (2box mule) in Valk on DC Shroom/Sheep/Tree, we got 587 and yesterday we got 591.

500 is an attainable average for well-geared players, even without a mule, if you either don't have competition or do flytrap/cactus/manticore to avoid them. Haven't gotten below 500 in Valk in months.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2012-10-25 13:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Paulu said: »
When I have Qufim DC to my own, I'm sitting on repops at Diremites (there are 9), and I kill about 10 or 11 of both bats before they start repopping, 3boxing thf mnk whm, and I average about 450.

Tried out Valkurm last night since someone was in my spot in Qufim, did Hippos, Treants, Flytraps (probably should have done funguar instead, wouldnt have to worry about whm's positioning), and wound up with 454. Had no competition until 2 duo's rolled up with 20 min to go, but I probably only lost maybe 3 minutes collectively in that time looking for repops since they killed slow.
That avg still seems low. Maybe triple boxing is actually slowing you down compared to a real two human duo? I did Valk last night sam/dnc + thf/dnc and we got 524. We even had the thf die to a yagudo link near trees. It would take some crap luck for us to drop below 500 but 500-550 is our average range.

What I'm wondering is maybe it's your killspeed. we're really quick as long as procs hold up. Mandalic stab + 99kaiten will kill or nearly kill anything. It's good teamwork though. He'll know when to pull the next mob and let me finish it off and whatnot.
My kill speed is related to my proc speed. Trust me when I tell you this, I'm a very efficient multiboxer. You know those people who suck so bad, you think they're 2boxing? I'm actually good at this where people think its actually two separate people. The only time people realize I'm multiboxing is when my alt's are following me everywhere.

And I'd like to point this out: when you duo with a human partner "500 average", you get 250 average. When I 3box my "450 average", I get 450 average. If your partner is being nice and giving you all the currency, you're just abusing someone's time. This still applies if you're working as a team upgrading 1 relic and then another, since you're still getting 250 each in the end.

Phoenix.Suji said: »
Today with THF/DNC, DNC/WAR and WHM/SCH (2box mule) in Valk on DC Shroom/Sheep/Tree, we got 587 and yesterday we got 591.

500 is an attainable average for well-geared players, even without a mule, if you either don't have competition or do flytrap/cactus/manticore to avoid them. Haven't gotten below 500 in Valk in months.

Like I said, if I had not done flytraps and did Funguar instead, I probably could have gotten more currency since I lost time trying to maneuver my whm around. Having to keep her 20' from the traps really screwed with my efficiency. As good as I am at multiboxing, its still 1 brain at the helm lol.

White proc is a joke. Its not worth it, since you're relying on one character to proc mobs instead of 2/3.
 Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-10-25 14:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

And I'd like to point this out: when you duo with a human partner "500 average", you get 250 average. When I 3box my "450 average", I get 450 average. If your partner is being nice and giving you all the currency, you're just abusing someone's time.
yeah, that's definitely the case :p I lose 20~40 currency a day by going with my partner (since I'm the one with the mule) but I wouldn't be motivated to go so often without him, so it's worth the price to me, plus it's fun hanging out with a friend.

Like I said, if I had not done flytraps and did Funguar instead, I probably could have gotten more currency since I lost time trying to maneuver my whm around. Having to keep her 20' from the traps really screwed with my efficiency. As good as I am at multiboxing, its still 1 brain at the helm lol.
You can avoid the 20' problem if you only hit them a couple of times for TP, turn until you proc them, and then kill them before they unstagger. Pretty much have to do the Cactus this way unless want to stress about stunning the whole time. Also, by doing hippos you couldn't eat RCB. I'm not sure if dia2+acid without food caps attack there.
By xenomasterkenshin 2012-10-25 14:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Did a run today and couldnt believe the crowding lol, did bubu just before the JP midnight and duos and parties of ppl doing EP mobs lol, what is wrong with people? are they just afraid to try DC mobs as a trio (more when u are a bst, thf and a blu lol)?

Whenever i duo, unless its a city (where i stick to EP), i just do DC mobs for the most part since a duo can take em down quite fast (more when u have a blu stun locking), more coins overall and less stress for the soloers who do their daily runs, ill never understand people.
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-10-25 16:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
And I'd like to point this out: when you duo with a human partner "500 average", you get 250 average. When I 3box my "450 average", I get 450 average. If your partner is being nice and giving you all the currency, you're just abusing someone's time. This still applies if you're working as a team upgrading 1 relic and then another, since you're still getting 250 each in the end.
I get the difference between a multiboxer and splitting with people. You said 500 avg sounded unobtainable and could only be a max not an average. Most of the time I do dualbox and have pulled in over 400 currency before. That wasn't the point though, or I missed the part where you were comparing your multboxing 450 to someone else's multiboxing 500+.

On the subject of multiboxing, a thf in my ls averages over 400 dualbox using his 99mandau and his rdm/dnc proc mule. He usually runs Qufim.
By Aikawa 2012-10-25 16:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont believe too much on ppl that get 500+ Dual/Triple Boxing.. I have over 2 months doing it, BST(KC or OA2-4) and THF w/ SCH mule, all depends on Proc Rate, since Evis > Ruinator(2500-4000) > Dark SC (2500-4000) = Mob Dead.

Why multiboxing is "better" than a partner coz I know when I can use Evis, even If On the BST still not 100% TP, coz next atk round will get it and do SC.

3 days ago Started going as NIN instead BST, coz sold KC to make Annihilator, only diference is that can take me some time to find the 20min TE, besides that, NIN > Bst. My Hi Average 2300, less than Ruinator, and Cant close Dark SC but somehow doing 30~ more currency when I used to go as BST.

I Normally do in Dynamis V. 450~ only once did 503, closer to that was 489 yesterday.

1 Byne 190 - 220 (Embrava on second round)
O. Bronze 140-160
T. Shell 120-130 (I enter in T. Shell timeframe)
~40-60 touches.

The only reason I Triplebox is coz a friend(the THF I use) is on a break, When He come back, I might try that THF and RDM/DNC, might me fun.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-10-25 16:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

There are some people who have this down to an art and get amazing results from it because of the tiny details. Every little thing can make you get more or less but you have to consider factors such as competition and luck that you can do nothing about but when you say average, you need to include both your lows and highs. I can make anything look good when I exclude half the data! But that isn't to say a 500 average isn't possible or even that it is incredibly rare to achieve but that kind of play style is very intensive and I'd tire of it very quickly.
By geigei 2012-10-25 18:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

People duo/trio on ep's beacuse they're HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, i know a group of 5 doing only ep's but hey...if everyone would be very good at dyna prices could be way lower.
 Ragnarok.Transitioneer
By Ragnarok.Transitioneer 2012-10-25 19:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps others can give better exact advice, but I always went blu/dnc + brd/dnc so I had no th at all.
You should at least have TH1 on BLU.
There was a noticeable difference for me going from TH2 > TH1 on BLU in dynamis when I forgot to set TH via spells once. Obviously it wasn't a long test, nor was it parsed, but there was clearly a difference that I could notice... I dunno about any higher tiers though.

And yeah, people just don't like doing DCs even in a duo/trio. I told this THF/DNC + DNC duo to go do DCs because them doing EP was slowing things down for the both of us, and I was told to "just shut up." I then took some time to spam Heavy Strike on their mobs when they were fighting two at once, a tactic I usually only reserve for lolBST who pull from the circle of sleeping mobs I have around me... some free coins when they turn yellow, cos yellow=fair game, mirite? Always fun in dynamis

I just moved on to doing DCs while dualboxing BLU/DNC + WHM/RDM
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-10-25 19:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Transitioneer said: »
There was a noticeable difference for me going from TH2 > TH1 on BLU in dynamis when I forgot to set TH via spells once. Obviously it wasn't a long test, nor was it parsed, but there was clearly a difference that I could notice... I dunno about any higher tiers though.

And yeah, people just don't like doing DCs even in a duo/trio. I told this THF/DNC + DNC duo to go do DCs because them doing EP was slowing things down for the both of us, and I was told to "just shut up." I then took some time to spam Heavy Strike on their mobs when they were fighting two at once, a tactic I usually only reserve for lolBST who pull from the circle of sleeping mobs I have around me... some free coins when they turn yellow, cos yellow=fair game, mirite? Always fun in dynamis

Oh right derp... I did have TH1 from the trait despite how annoying it is to make point space for it... I didn't have a sash though and that was what I was thinking about. Why do I forget about our trait ^^;
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-25 19:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Transitioneer said: »

Oh right derp... I did have TH1 from the trait despite how annoying it is to make point space for it... I didn't have a sash though and that was what I was thinking about. Why do I forget about our trait ^^;
LOL. Soon as I got Tarutaru Sash for BLU, I pretty much retired my THF. Just no point now. My BLU has more procs, more damage, more versatility, and pretty much the same effective TH. My thf is... good for evasion tanking I guess.

*Edit* just realized my post looks like I'm knocking on thieves which wasn't my purpose at all. It was a knock on my own thief, not thieves in general.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-10-25 19:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Peldin said: »
LOL. Soon as I got Tarutaru Sash for BLU, I pretty much retired my THF. Just no point now. My BLU has more procs, more damage, more versatility, and pretty much the same effective TH. My thf is... good for evasion tanking I guess.

*Edit* just realized my post looks like I'm knocking on thieves which wasn't my purpose at all. It was a knock on my own thief, not thieves in general.

More procs? You don't mean JA procs do you? THF actually has more since blu has 0 ja procs on it's own.

Don't thf's get Steal/Mug/despoil and Bully on top of /dnc procs? Not that I'd go thf, I prefer blu but I'm pretty sure THF wins JA proc wise.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2012-10-25 20:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Steal and despoil are on the same timer, not that ive ever seen steal proc, same with Mug. I think the only JA proc thf has is bully.
[+]
 Asura.Aikchan
Server: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2012-10-25 20:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Steal and despoil are on the same timer, not that ive ever seen steal proc, same with Mug. I think the only JA proc thf has is bully.
Mug/Steal works.. if you can mug/steal the target (so practically just beastmens).
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-10-25 20:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I suppose that makes those worthless, but 1 > 0 so a win is a win.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-25 20:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I was referring more in general, as in VW and Abyssea as well. But yeah, in dynamis, BLU still has magic procs which is nice when you are fighting beastmen/demons/fomor.

Also, steal and despoil share the same cooldown. I've never proc'd with steal because Nightmare mobs don't have anything to steal or mug though since nightmare mobs don't have coins or anything to steal (don't quote me on that but I'm 60% sure). Bully can definitely proc though and it doesn't miss.

*edit* wow I got beat soo bad. VW group stopped me from hitting submit =P
But anyway, yeah THF has bully so they get about 30ish more chances to proc over the course of a dyna run if you're only fighting JA mobs during JA times. But hey I usually get a magic proc every 4-5 runs though!
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2012-10-26 01:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Suji said: »
You can avoid the 20' problem if you only hit them a couple of times for TP, turn until you proc them, and then kill them before they unstagger. Pretty much have to do the Cactus this way unless want to stress about stunning the whole time. Also, by doing hippos you couldn't eat RCB. I'm not sure if dia2+acid without food caps attack there.
Seems kinda backwards to say "just proc the flytraps and kill before they get a TP move off" then say "you cant eat food with hippogryph", since the same mechanics should apply.
[+]
 Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-10-26 04:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems kinda backwards to say "just proc the flytraps and kill before they get a TP move off" then say "you cant eat food with hippogryph", since the same mechanics should apply.
You're right to point that out and it's true that you can do the same thing on hippos but I think if you give cactaur a shot with the same technique, you'll never want to do hippos again. Tried it a few times that way to save our RCB and it was more of a pain in the *** than it was worth since they like to run all the way across the map to link and hit pretty hard too. Cactaur are squishy pansies.. unless you let 'em get 4k needles off :p
By geigei 2012-10-26 11:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You should work more on your thf Peldin cause blu is way bellow.

Steal proc on nightmare too, berserk, eva, def moves etc can be stolen, i get 1 maybe 2 procs/run this way.

Even with diminishing return TH6 will beat TH2, can be 1% can be 20%, doesn't matter.

What dmg you're talking about? the ability to self sc is useless unless you do dc's cause on ep's mercy will cut maybe 70% of hp bar, if you do want dc's how many mobs till you run out of mp? same thing for your versatility, you buff yourself? i steal pro or shell while changing camps, you heal more? i waltz myself for 400 and very rarely i wanted more cause getting lower on my hp bar means i'm exposed to nasty moves or DA crit which will probably kill me, you can aoe sleep...cool, i can hold up to 6 ep's rotating bolts while still proccing.

Flee/hide is a huge boost over blu and you cannot compensate that.

Eva tanking? really? i bet you're one of those who claim agi dagger (agi ktn) are good beacuse they give eva AND ws mod.

In response to hippo vs cactuar, everytime you do cactuar turned around waiting for proc you actually lose money, hippo won't dispel your rcb if you keep samba up (not 100% sure but i never got stolen this way) and flytraps/sheeps are bad unless other camps taken, time spent sleeping=time spent not doing money.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-10-26 11:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't seen so much stupid packed into one post in a long time.
[+]
By geigei 2012-10-26 11:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I haven't seen so much stupid packed into one post in a long time.

..but your post is not that long.
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-10-26 11:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
bellow

Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-10-26 11:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Also problem with sheep? Get a frenzy sallet.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-10-26 11:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel I should clarify really, would be very cruel to leave you in this state.

geigei said: »
You should work more on your thf Peldin cause blu is way bellow.

Steal proc on nightmare too, berserk, eva, def moves etc can be stolen, i get 1 maybe 2 procs/run this way.

Mobs use TP moves?

Quote:
Even with diminishing return TH6 will beat TH2, can be 1% can be 20%, doesn't matter.

Don't even know what to say about this one. Killed too many braincells. The difference between TH2 and TH6 is minute.

Quote:
What dmg you're talking about? the ability to self sc is useless unless you do dc's cause on ep's mercy will cut maybe 70% of hp bar, if you do want dc's how many mobs till you run out of mp?

Oh you know, only the nearly free, spammable damage from Delta Thrust and Heavy Strike and the fantastic damage of a couple of swords. You only cut 70% of an EP's HP with Mercy Stroke? Damn, I'm so sorry. Arguing about EPs is irrelevant in anyb case since they usually die before they're proc'd anyway if you don't hold them for a few seconds. Big boys do DCs.

Quote:
same thing for your versatility, you buff yourself? i steal pro or shell while changing camps

Protect and Shell are probably the most irrelevant buffs you could have come up with, and the fact that you waste 2~5 minutes stealing two worthless buffs between camp changes really speaks volumes for your overall efficiency in Dynamis.

Quote:
you heal more? i waltz myself for 400 and very rarely i wanted more cause getting lower on my hp bar means i'm exposed to nasty moves or DA crit which will probably kill me

We don't waste large amounts of TP to heal, nor do we have to but maybe twice per run. Again, mobs attack and use TP moves? News to me.

Quote:
you can aoe sleep...cool, i can hold up to 6 ep's rotating bolts while still proccing.

BLU can do that too, except we don't have to waste time on using bolts if we can just take 1 or 2 seconds to sleep an entire pack of mobs. Again, your attention to the details of efficiency is extraordinary.

Quote:
Flee/hide is a huge boost over blu and you cannot compensate that.

How? Oh... what's that? They aren't a big deal? Ok thanks for clarifying.

Quote:
Eva tanking? really? i bet you're one of those who claim agi dagger (agi ktn) are good beacuse they give eva AND ws mod.

Ignorance at its best. I find it particularly amusing that one of your previous points was touting the effectiveness of Thief's evasion. Well done, sir.

Quote:
In response to hippo vs cactuar, everytime you do cactuar turned around waiting for proc you actually lose money, hippo won't dispel your rcb if you keep samba up (not 100% sure but i never got stolen this way) and flytraps/sheeps are bad unless other camps taken, time spent sleeping=time spent not doing money.

Says the guy talking about shooting bolts and stealing protect and shell between camp shifts. Get the *** outta here scrub.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-10-26 11:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes you really need that protect, and what you gonna do on your blu!
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-10-26 11:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Sometimes you really need that protect, and what you gonna do on your blu!
FoV book before you enter, would give you protect/shell for like 25 minutes if you don't die!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-10-26 11:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If Protect was anywhere near worth the time of application, BLU has two ways of stealing buffs.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-10-26 11:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

That's where I wanted you! You could steal them, but without the confetti animation! HA!
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14