ok lol
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-17 12:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Siren.Fupafighters said: »
K stop lying saying you making 300. Are you hiding something, like say you have a dual box whm so you never need to cure? Are you not handling any links ever? Are you getting 4 pieces a drop lol? There is no way you averaging anything over 250 "solo". I can destroy them over and over on thf too and I can't pull 220 on a good day.

Never said I don't use Curing Waltz 3 ever, I just said I use it a lot less with Drain Samba II up.

No one ever mentioned anything about links, yes I got links on occasion, but unless it's more than one add, it's not hard to ignore lol. They have piss poor accuracy, even more so if you bring Signet along. Which, I might add makes a huge difference in your survivability. I notice the difference when I forget to get Signet.

Every little bit adds up...
I too use red curry buns. I too use 26% haste. I too use signet. I too use probably the same weaponskill set, if not better than you. And I do not make 250+ a run ever. You can just be honest. Bullshitting a guy with "mediocre" gear into thinking he will ever pull in 250+ solo is just bad. Yes my exent spike into the 4k. Yes my rudra spike into the 3500s. You must be proccing 1/1 JA on every mob and 1 shotting every other mob to get 250+.
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-05-17 12:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I just pulled in 250 about a week ago on thf/dnc in Qufim and like a tard I was using a thief's knife. So I'd imagine you could get do at least that well in Bubu if TE's weren't terrible and you used a decent off-hand dagger. I stick with bison steak because it's easy.

Edit - I would say I have much better than average gear (5/5 Thaumas, Mandau, etc.) but that was also my first thf run in dyna apart from exp. trials as I usually go bst so I can shut my brain off for 2 hours.
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-05-17 12:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

To OP an average geared thf can also solo Arrapago Remnants full clear for gil if needed assuming you can find 2 people to dc you inside this is usually anything from between 20-200 alex. Just take care with the qiqirn astrologers, the mega boss is easier than those guys if you lack an MDT set or violent flourish misses and they get 2 strong nukes off. Id say if anything for thf/dnc this feels much easier/safer than dynamis well esp safer than a dodgy TE pull.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-17 12:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess the rest of us are just doing it completely wrong then lol....
Grats on your 250+ runs >.>
[+]
 Bahamut.Bekisa
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2012-05-17 12:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Comparing haste to drain sambas; isn't haste samba only like 5%. Does is weaken from being subbed too? Not sure -- not a dnc myself. You're gear can be perfect but you are still going to get hit for those 5-100 damage magic aoes and need to remove the occasional para/slow. Less healing is tp saved, which is more weapon skills.

Valefor.Omerta said: »
Go kill them. If people are gonna be greedy, kill their white mobs. I play BST in Dyna (yeah arsehole etc) but it's rare i take more than two mobs, cause it just isn't fair.

Yeah, I do sometimes depending on how much comp there is or what mood I'm in. Unclaimed is unclaimed. Always love people who leave their pet on one, run to grab another, and expect no one to take it. If there are lots of mobs available I won't touch it just because I don't want to deal with Q.Q; but if I'm fighting over mob spawns, I'll take it in a heartbeat.
By xenomasterkenshin 2012-05-17 13:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn and i thought averaging 190~ as pup/thf in bubu was cool lol, guess i was wrong.

Btw when ppl say they average 40 forgotten items and almost 300/run, is this on DC mobs? because i did a valk not too long ago on DC stuff (BLU SAM THF) and we netted 600ish and like 25-30 (mind you this was the blu and thf staggering almost instant the mobs, the sam never stopped killing crap), so was wondering how a solo dnc can do 40 lol.

Peace!

(of course, unless its BS)
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-05-17 13:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Only way i did 600+ on DC mobs was in party (brd, sam/dnc, thf/dnc) iirc we did 670 or close to this number. Someone doing 600+ solo on DC mobs must be hiding something or just lying.
[+]
 Siren.Mcclane
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-05-17 13:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

xenomasterkenshin said: »
Damn and i thought averaging 190~ as pup/thf in bubu was cool lol, guess i was wrong.

Btw when ppl say they average 40 forgotten items and almost 300/run, is this on DC mobs? because i did a valk not too long ago on DC stuff (BLU SAM THF) and we netted 600ish and like 25-30 (mind you this was the blu and thf staggering almost instant the mobs, the sam never stopped killing crap), so was wondering how a solo dnc can do 40 lol.

Peace!

(of course, unless its BS)

You aren't getting 40+ Forgotten items unless you're on DC mobs, have a thf, and have more than one person. If a DNC claimed they got 40 forgotten items in one run, it's BS like you said.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pukushu
user: pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2012-05-17 13:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I would think that 200-300 is possible. If you got an average 2 currency per kill that's 100 kills in 2 hours. If your average was a bit higher and you killed a few more then you could hit 300 (2.5*120=300). Of course you would need high end gear and have a very good strategy. If you really worked on streamlining your process and got lucky I could see this happening. Also If you got lucky and killed a nm or two per run every once in a while you could go from a 200 avg to 300+.

Thf may not be 'the top dd', but it has a lot of advantages for this. It gets tp rather quickly, it has some unique ja procs in addition to the Dnc procs, it can SA once procced for quick kill, oh and it has TH 6.

I was curious for those who do 200+, do you have any dyna specific gear that you use? How do you go about getting TE and are people willing to leach/share TE?
 Cerberus.Pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2012-05-17 13:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said: »
Only way i did 600+ on DC mobs was in party (brd, sam/dnc, thf/dnc) iirc we did 670 or close to this number. Someone doing 600+ solo on DC mobs must be hiding something or just lying.

They had 3 ppl
i did a valk not too long ago on DC stuff (BLU SAM THF) and we netted 600ish and like 25-30
 Asura.Nimrot
Server: Asura
user: Nimrot
By Asura.Nimrot 2012-05-17 14:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

im hardcore bst and even with pre-nerf pets i never breaked the 300 solo (without 100drops)i rarely need to cure myself bstpets can easiely hold 6 7 or more mobs if you super greedy and killspeed is not the prob too well for me there is realy no way i can c to break the 300 in singel drops if you not super mega lucky
By xenomasterkenshin 2012-05-17 14:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

i meant the 600+ as a trio but read some posts back some1 as dnc was rocking 300+ and 40 forgotten, so im just wondering where is the trick lol
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-05-17 14:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, you said you can't even get 220+ which should raise some pretty serious redflags about your tactics. I'm still skeptical about someone who claims 300 average as that's pretty ridiculous, but getting in the high 200s on THF is totally doable and accepting this rather than calling everyone liars would be a good first step towards analyzing how to improve your game.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-05-17 14:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, I take my mage mules into dyna with me and my best was around 325. Average, assuming no wipes or whatnot, would be around 300. All singles, of course.

250+ solo is pretty crazy. Some of you guys know something the rest of us don't know.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-05-17 14:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Eww thf's knife
[+]
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-05-17 14:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Hmm, I take my mage mules into dyna with me and my best was around 325. Average, assuming no wipes or whatnot, would be around 300. All singles, of course.

250+ solo is pretty crazy. Some of you guys know something the rest of us don't know.
I think it's more a factor of how much competition you have and your proc speed luck for the day, with mules not helping an enormous amount.

I use Oynos and swap it out for Fire Thokcha whenever haste is up (with is the majority of the time because Oynos is hax), so we'd be mostly even on haste. EPs die so fast that you often end up with TP overflow before you're able to proc, thereby providing TP for healing, so the healing advantage of having mules isn't huge either. You can swap to PDT when having trouble to proc as well to further reduce the healing load (never +evasion!).

I mean, it would be absurd to claim that your mules aren't helping but I'm asking, "How much?" The difference between 250 and your 300+mule average is only 20% and that sounds about right to me, unless your mages are /DNC and help procing.

You said yourself elsewhere that you haven't done anything without your mage mules since like 2008. I bet your totals would be higher than you think without them.

Edit: To clarify, I mean on EP only. I'm sure your mules would enable you to do DC efficiently, thereby farming more gil due to the extra forgotten items, but this thread has mostly been focused on maximal currency (ignoring liquid asset equivalence).
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-17 15:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Suji said: »
Well, you said you can't even get 220+ which should raise some pretty serious redflags about your tactics. I'm still skeptical about someone who claims 300 average as that's pretty ridiculous, but getting in the high 200s on THF is totally doable and accepting this rather than calling everyone liars would be a good first step towards analyzing how to improve your game.
Because I prefer qufim, and our server has a bunch of perle bsts running around all easy prey camps. I just prefer dnc/thf over thf/dnc. When zone is clear, its hard to pull say a bat w.o getting 3 links. And from my experience, thf doesn't do well with adds.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-17 15:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I did dnc/thf and then thf/dnc for a few months each just to test it out. Highest I ever got was 240 on my dnc/thf in a basically empty zone. And dnc kills hell of alot faster than thf.... The whole 300 average is just a flat out lie unless your version of solo is "I solo.....with my whm mule". I'm not even gonna argue anymore. People trying to brag about things they just flat out aren't achieving amazes lol.
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-05-17 15:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: To clarify, I mean on EP only. I'm sure your mules would enable you to do DC efficiently, thereby farming more gil due to the extra forgotten items, but this thread has mostly been focused on maximal currency (ignoring liquid asset equivalence).
If you can do DC efficiently, there is an obvious increase in currency. I started doing DC Raptors in Qufim because of competition (and just to test out the drop difference), and it went way better than expected. Definitely takes more attention to do.
[+]
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-17 15:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
If you can do DC efficiently, there is an obvious increase in currency. I started doing DC Raptors in Qufim because of competition (and just to test out the drop difference), and it went way better than expected. Definitely takes more attention to do.
Very true too. I just stoped going near easy prey altogether. But sometimes decent challenge are just evil. Like say you get 2 decent challenge raptor on you and they paralyze you and you cant cure or remove para...***sucks. I've died a couple times just because I couldn't get a cure or healing waltz to work lol. Definately alot better with just a duo. If you're in dynamis with ANYONE, avoid easy prey.
By erroneous42 2012-05-17 16:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

i meant the 600+ as a trio but read some posts back some1 as dnc was rocking 300+ and 40 forgotten, so im just wondering where is the trick lol

the trick is to lie about it, get with the program =)
[+]
 Cerberus.Pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2012-05-17 17:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Cerberus.Pukushu said: »
Thf may not be 'the top dd', but it has a lot of advantages for this. It gets tp rather quickly, it has some unique ja procs in addition to the Dnc procs, it can SA once procced for quick kill, oh and it has TH 6.
thief actually has th7 now with gear and thf's knife

To use thf knife you would have to either swap weapons every monster which is a huge waste of tp and would slow down kills or you would have to off hand it permanently which would hurt your damage as well. Neither is a good option which is why I said TH6. You can put TH6 gear into your JA or RA macro and never loose any damage.

I forgot to mention 18% move speed and flee for getting around the zone quickly as assets of Thf.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2012-05-17 17:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

What was your point then? I didnt say that the max TH could have was TH6. The information I gave was both technically correct and the proper usage of gear. Why even bother saying TH7?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Stani
By Bismarck.Stani 2012-05-19 06:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Got 220 and 2 touches in Valk first time solo. STR Thokcha/Oynos/Acids fulltime, minor competition, and about 50/50 red/yellow curry to avoid a Hippo Dispelling 10k (and the 10-15 minutes of walking around while doing TEs). Gear is mostly composed of VW spoils because they're free and my THF is largely for-profit/THwhoring (career mage). If it weren't for Exen, I'd be in some serious trouble!

I could see a WMD picking up my count by a good 30-60. Not only because faster kills directly increase returns, but also because killing mobs before they unstagger and WS me saves me HP, TP, and JA delay dancing around instead of swingin'.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-05-19 13:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Pardon me for the small derail but this thread is getting attention. I'm curious as to what the community thinks about "mob stealing" in dynamis. Of course we know SE's stand is if the mob is yellow it is fair game. Here are some scenarios that may occur.

Player A = Another person/party in dynamis
Player B = You

1) Player A pulls a mob and links other mobs. Player B attacks one of the links because it is a safer pull for B with no threat of his own links.

2) Player A (Beastmaster) has multiple mobs attacking his pet. Player B sees a mob below 100% and takes it anyways for an easy pull.

3) Player A (Beastmaster) has multiple mobs attacking his pet. Player B notices a proc'd mob below 10% in HP and is being ignored from A's pet because it is not actively attacking the pet to draw its attention. Player B attacks and kills the mob for easy coins.

4) Player A (Beastmaster) claims a mob that has can use sleep (flytrap or sheep) and procs it. Has pet attack it and uses snarl then runs away to find a new mob to claim. Mob sleeps the pet at 5% hp and becomes unclaimed. Player B kills mob for easy coins.

5) Player A is fighting a mob and another spawns nearby and agros him. A finishes proc'ing the first and switches to the agro's mob at the same as Player B attacks it. Mob stays yellow after first attack round because that's how the system works. Player A desperately tries to pull hate to get the claim on the mob, B does the same. Either B ends up winning the hate battle or mob ends up dying without proc from weapons kill spam from players trying to grab hate for claim.

Which are more acceptable and which are *** moves? I myself am guilty of all of these but in turn have had them happen to me. In my opinion if you're playing greedy and don't keep your mobs claimed then you're just asking for it :D
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-05-19 13:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I dislike people who try to claim multiple mobs at once. I'm personally okay with 1, 2, and 5.

I really do not like stealing proc'd mobs.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14