Solo Dynamis Farming
First Page 2 3 4 ... 12 13 14
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-05-19 14:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

My views have always been that if someone has intentionally pulled a mob to kill it, leave it alone. If they link and it won't kill them, then I leave it. If it does kill them, then I'll yoink it.

If a camp is at critical mass and I find myself wandering around looking for mobs, I'll find a new camp unless the person has done something to piss me off. I prefer not to ruin my own, as well as everyone else's farming just cause I don't want to move.

I generally don't have that much competition since since I do DC mobs and avoid crowded camps and I do it at non prime times.

I know other's don't share my way of doing things but I prefer not to make enemies.
[+]
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-05-19 14:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgiving *** for tat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0Oa4Lp5fLE#t=31m00s
(Go to 0:31:00 if the timecode skip fails.)
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-05-19 15:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

No competition - mob stealing is unnecessary and a *** move
High competition - free-for-all and i don't feel bad about it
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-05-19 15:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love nothing more than my pet fighting a mob while I proc another and that's it. High competition brings out the bad side of me lol
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2012-05-19 15:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
No competition - mob stealing is unnecessary and a *** move
High competition - free-for-all and i don't feel bad about it

Essentially this.

Plenty of mobs to go around? Do your lolbst thing and do the "hold several mobs at once" routine.

If there are no mobs up, I'd much rather "steal" one of yours than wait on a repop.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [57 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Stani
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Stani 2012-07-15 03:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Stani said: »
Got 220 and 2 touches in Valk first time solo. STR Thokcha/Oynos/Acids fulltime, minor competition, and about 50/50 red/yellow curry to avoid a Hippo Dispelling 10k (and the 10-15 minutes of walking around while doing TEs). Gear is mostly composed of VW spoils because they're free and my THF is largely for-profit/THwhoring (career mage). If it weren't for Exen, I'd be in some serious trouble!

I could see a WMD picking up my count by a good 30-60. Not only because faster kills directly increase returns, but also because killing mobs before they unstagger and WS me saves me HP, TP, and JA delay dancing around instead of swingin'.

In case anyone still cared about this thread's topics, I just pulled in 327 singles and 20 forgottens THF/DNC solo. Mandy 99, Acid Bolts, RCB, Oynos/STR Thokcha swap, largely top of the line Melee, SA Mercy, and Exen sets.

Tonight was my first time doing my new strategy because my usual partner was missing in action, so I can't call 327+20 an average or anything. I think I had pretty good luck with procs at times tonight, but there was also considerable downtime running in circles looking for mobs due to competition. Mobs certainly did die before they unstaggered with a good SA Mercy applied to the rear end.

New goal is 350 >:O!
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
Server: Carbuncle
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2012-07-15 04:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I solo Pup/Thf 99 in Dyna bubu, 26% haste rcb +1 WS hours, I normally don't leave with more than 180-200. If I'm doing really good I might get 220-240 :/ any advice? TE takes me a bout 10-25m depending on if there are people camping the 5th TE
 Bismarck.Stani
By Bismarck.Stani 2012-07-15 04:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I don't know much about PUP, WS procing, or Dyna Bubu... But I do know food!

Why use RCB +1? They appear to give the same stats as the NQ. Unless you're in that razor thin Attack range where the higher Attack%+ on RCB+1 takes you to cap, and NQ don't. Even then though, I'm not sure the HQ would be worth paying double for a sliver of attack. I'd go as far as to say that they're a colossal ripoff. It's my last shred of faith in humanity that allows me to chose to believe, against all evidence to the contrary, that the wikis are wrong and they actually last 60 minutes, rather than people paying double for squat.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-07-15 04:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Lunatone said: »
I solo Pup/Thf 99 in Dyna bubu, 26% haste rcb +1 WS hours, I normally don't leave with more than 180-200. If I'm doing really good I might get 220-240 :/ any advice? TE takes me a bout 10-25m depending on if there are people camping the 5th TE
180-200 is pretty much where you should be for a pup in dynamis w/o vere.
 Carbuncle.Ceruleanknight
user: Ideki
By Carbuncle.Ceruleanknight 2012-07-15 07:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

In case anyone still cared about this thread's topics, I just pulled in 327 singles and 20 forgottens THF/DNC solo. Mandy 99, Acid Bolts, RCB, Oynos/STR Thokcha swap, largely top of the line Melee, SA Mercy, and Exen sets.

Tonight was my first time doing my new strategy because my usual partner was missing in action, so I can't call 327+20 an average or anything. I think I had pretty good luck with procs at times tonight, but there was also considerable downtime running in circles looking for mobs due to competition. Mobs certainly did die before they unstaggered with a good SA Mercy applied to the rear end.

I'm pointing this out because this whole proc process let me perplex, is there anything i ignore about Dynamis Procing or this is just random luck?

I've a partner to do Dyna with & whenever we're on the process to proc, he does proc way more easily then i do, sometimes i end up using up to 10-15 JA (maybe more) & the mobs is still not proc'd..

I really don't get it.. O.o
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2012-07-15 07:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

it's just luck.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ceruleanknight
user: Ideki
By Carbuncle.Ceruleanknight 2012-07-15 07:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said: »
it's just luck.

Thanks you for the light in my lantern :)
Guess i've got a very bad luck then :(
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2012-07-15 08:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Stani-
Sorry I really wasn't thinking the rcb +1 is just what I had on me in my last solo run so thats what I listed xD. Normally its ycb nq/hq or rcb nq/hq. I try my best to stagger every monster I'd say I only miss...5-10 staggers a run. Still missing my TH sash from Aby ltp ;; but I don't know how much of a difference TH III will make from II (would only macro it in before killshot). I normally see still 1-2 coins a mob, with the occasional 3 and every now and then 4. Mobs seems to drop 1 coin more often than 2 still w/ TH II
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-07-15 09:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

183 in 55mins is my best solo, for a 2 hour run about 270 avg 250 low 295 high. Te takes 10-15mins. Shows how random proc luck is, I get a decent period followed by a ***period, or vice versa.
 Asura.Leairc
Server: Asura
user: Leairc
By Asura.Leairc 2012-07-16 14:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Very interesting thread. Thx much to you all <3

So... aftering figuring out w/my THF/DNC Aluh Jam/ThokSTR, abv average gear... net average of coins would be 200 a run "conservatively," give or take lil less, alot more, I'm getting from the sum of all this.

I want an Aegis for my PLD. So, after all that totalling up, it'd take me roughly 29 days of farming everyday non-stop... then however much time to do the battles and crap. WELL OK! That's better than spending 3 years fighting a bunch of 12 y/o who get you killed by SMNs in DynaSandy!~~~~~~ happy joy
 Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-07-16 19:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a little confused. Are you saying the your new strategy is the bolded part above? I'm guessing these were DCs since you got the normal amount of touches? Also, did you kill stuff even if you couldn't proc or did you backtank and proc every mob?

thanks
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-07-16 20:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Suji said: »
I'm guessing these were DCs since you got the normal amount of touches?

Been scratching my head at this part of your post, if anything dc's for 330 coins would probably of given more touches by that point 30-40. So why would you guess they were dc as he got the "normal" ammount of touches, besides thats not normal or average anyway for solo, its about 5-15 forgotten items solo on ep. As for dc you wont be soloing 330 coins, maybe 20 forgotten items tho.

Id say on dc for every 100 currency you farm its about 10 forgotten items, for ep its around 3.
 Sylph.Binckry
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-07-16 21:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Leairc said: »
I want an Aegis for my PLD. So, after all that totalling up, it'd take me roughly 29 days of farming everyday non-stop... then however much time to do the battles and crap. WELL OK! That's better than spending 3 years fighting a bunch of 12 y/o who get you killed by SMNs in DynaSandy!~~~~~~ happy joy
When I was 12 a few years ago I didn't get people killed by SMNs in Dyna sandy :/
[+]
 Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-07-16 21:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said: »
I'm guessing these were DCs since you got the normal amount of touches?

Been scratching my head at this part of your post, if anything dc's for 330 coins would probably of given more touches by that point 30-40. So why would you guess they were dc as he got the "normal" ammount of touches, besides thats not normal or average anyway for solo, its about 5-15 forgotten items solo on ep. As for dc you wont be soloing 330 coins, maybe 20 forgotten items tho.

Id say on dc for every 100 currency you farm its about 10 forgotten items, for ep its around 3.
Fair enough, but what I meant is that on EPs it's normally way lower. I've noticed quite a lot of variance with the touches on DCs since TH is what it is though. Today my partner and I got 567 currency and 45 touches, which is ~13:1, your example for DC was 10:1 and his, if it was DC, was ~16:1. Our average is about 12.5:1 but we've seen days with higher currency and lower touches too. +2s on EPs are usually closer to 60:1.

I agree that 330 would be crazy high for solo on DC with or without a mule healer, although 20 +2s sounds high for EP, which is why I asked.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-07-16 21:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya I was just confused with what you were saying before but I pretty much agree/am thinking what you said on your closing statement just now, 330 very high for dc solo, 20 forgotten item very high for solo ep farm. But im gonna assume his was an ep farm still with an unusually high level of forgotten items.
By Creecreelo 2012-07-17 05:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, so guys I know this isn't Thf/dnc but I just got 378 currency and 23 forgotten touches tonight as solo Dnc/thf in Dyna - Valk off DC mobs. (Funguar/Treants/Sheep)

Weapons were Str Thokcha x2 (with Oynos swap of course). Was pretty happy with this run, procs were generally all very early. Usually I avg around 300 currency solo, but tonight was just really on!
By Solrain 2012-07-17 05:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread has led me to the startling conclusion that I suck at Dynamis.
[+]
 Asura.Leairc
Server: Asura
user: Leairc
By Asura.Leairc 2012-07-17 14:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Binckry said: »
Asura.Leairc said: »
When I was 12 a few years ago I didn't get people killed by SMNs in Dyna sandy :/

Oh awwsumm... You would be the FIRST EVAR. Well cool... want to farm dynamis sometime and be friends? We can split da loot fore we GET TO THA CHOPPA!

Oh.. ur on Slyph.... :[ well darnut... after leavin the game for a year and a half... all my friends moved on to COUGHSKYRIMCOUGH
 Bismarck.Stani
By Bismarck.Stani 2012-07-17 14:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a little confused. Are you saying the your new strategy is the bolded part above? I'm guessing these were DCs since you got the normal amount of touches? Also, did you kill stuff even if you couldn't proc or did you backtank and proc every mob?

thanks

No to the first question. Second, I didn't have to hold very many mobs for procing, the vast majority procd before they were low HP. Waste of TP not pulling a second maybe (ohi unnecessary cure+haste samba), but at least no wasted JA timers.
 Bahamut.Mirya
Server: Bahamut
user: Mirya
By Bahamut.Mirya 2012-07-18 10:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I normally run Twash/STR Thokcha. I tried an Oynos one night, but swapping to Thokcha after it proc'd killed my AM. (I normally SA Rudra on a mob after procing it, and use unstacked Exent at other times.) Should I give up on a) using SA Rudras b) AM or c) Oynos?
 Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-07-18 10:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you saying the your new strategy is the bolded part above

No to the first question.
Sorry if I'm being dense here, but it seems like you're being elusive-- I didn't see you describe this new strategy anywhere. Are you trying to keep it a secret or am I missing something?
 Bismarck.Stani
By Bismarck.Stani 2012-07-18 19:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I decided that spoon feeding to the masses wouldn't help with competition and falling currency prices, so I kept the specifics under my hat. It's nothing anyone with a moderate amount of common sense, dynamis experience, and will to experiment wouldn't come up with. See Bojack in the Exen thread >.>;

Bahamut.Mirya said: »
I normally run Twash/STR Thokcha. I tried an Oynos one night, but swapping to Thokcha after it proc'd killed my AM. (I normally SA Rudra on a mob after procing it, and use unstacked Exent at other times.) Should I give up on a) using SA Rudras b) AM or c) Oynos?

AM almost makes up for loss of Haste in the melee DPS department (but not WS), so you're definitely on to something about missing both Haste and AM when you swap to Oynos. Just go with your intuition on what keeps you safer and kills things faster!

Gun to my head to make a definitive statement... I suppose it's a matter of how vital the AM is to your rythm. If you would have a lot of mobs unstagger and shoot a WS back at you without the AM speeding up un-Hasted kills, that'd be a good case to not swap with AM up and enemy HP still high. If you would kill your mobs anyways without AM, you may as well get haste back up that much sooner.
 Fenrir.Curty
Server: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-07-18 19:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mirya said: »

I actually wonder if it's best to full time Thokcha or oynos... guess it would depend entirely on oynos's proc rate. I don't face the same issue of losing aftermath, so I've had no issues switching daggers once haste procs and I use tp.. but I can see how this gets more complicated with twashtar.
 Bismarck.Stani
By Bismarck.Stani 2012-08-06 15:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So the other day somehow Thaumas Coat didn't swap out during an SAMS... I'll forgive it, this time. 7 hit Mercy!

Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-08-06 16:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

god damn man, nice one
First Page 2 3 4 ... 12 13 14