Smn Burn getting crowded and expensive
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Ramuh.Kalyna
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-27 10:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Spency said:
You'll be singing a different tune when we take over the world.
Final Fantasy theme =P
 Sylph.Spency
Server: Sylph
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-04-27 10:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Soooooooon...
 Ramuh.Kalyna
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-27 10:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Spency said:
Soooooooon...
xD
 Shiva.Lorielain
Server: Shiva
user: Atrithk
By Shiva.Lorielain 2010-04-27 11:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

AB only for subjobs. I've leveled them the normal way on other characters, so I don't give a *** about the skills levels. That said, I dont' want to shell out ~200k or so for an AB party, so I'll solo the ones that need 37 up a bit and probably sync them in qufim island or something.
 Sylph.Pwrlessgirl
user: Pwrless
By Sylph.Pwrlessgirl 2010-04-27 12:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Thunderz said:
smn burn your sub jobs dont burn to 1~75~99 gonna make you gimp and ppl who smn burn their smn your all fecking idiots, skilling up SMN skill is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE as hell. GL in failing your not saving anytime at all. all the time you save on lvl'ing your gonna lose on skilling up. so yeah

Good point.
I just finished SMN 75 (never BURNed) did it on non-stop fisherman XP parties (with COR/BRD/THF). It already take a long tike to summon avatars here and there, buff up, and use their attacks to skill up your magik while you XP and still have not been able to max skill. So why people SMN or not pay gil, to end up countless hours in AlZahbi skilling up SMN or fighting manticores in CapeTerrigan.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-04-27 12:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you saying POwerless, that To get into a smn burn, ppl actually pay?

Im just asking b.c I don't play a summoner...not my field of expertise
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-04-27 15:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

On Shiva people have been /shouting 300k leech spots.

I don't know who in their right mind would do this for 40k exp.. if that.

I've never burned, never will. I prefer to play the game properly, and even if SE allows it now, I still consider it improper at best. Only reason I believe SE doesn't crack down on it, is that they'd have to seriously alter game mechanics and punish half the ff population.

[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-04-27 16:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

"Proper" is really just a personal thing. Some people the "proper" way to level is to never level sync, use FOV, or have a PL in anyway support you.

Asura.Despayn
Server: Asura
user: Parhelia
By Asura.Despayn 2010-04-27 16:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I said this in another thread, I'll go ahead and post it here.

There is nothing wrong with astral burns. They are more efficient then leveling the traditional way, as its possible to get 75 within a matter of days as opposed to traditional. This angers people, which is understandable. However, only because you think its wrong does not mean it is. There's nothing wrong with astral burning simply because there's nothing in the ToS about it.

I'd much rather level the traditional way than astral burning, because I find it fun. That's a personal opinion, therefore it doesn't make astral burning wrong.

Also, astral burning has been around for quite some time now. It was only made mainstream because of level syncs, but summoners have been astral burning for a long time.

If Korroloka Tunnel is getting overcrowded, find new zones. There are a lot of other zones out there you can astral burn (Jungles comes to mind), however they may or may not be better than Korroloka. However, its an alternative.
 Bismarck.Chasuro
Server: Bismarck
user: Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2010-04-27 16:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Superdan said:
On Shiva people have been /shouting 300k leech spots.

I don't know who in their right mind would do this for 40k exp.. if that.

I've never burned, never will. I prefer to play the game properly, and even if SE allows it now, I still consider it improper at best. Only reason I believe SE doesn't crack down on it, is that they'd have to seriously alter game mechanics and punish half the ff population.

You should get 45k+ per burn. It shouldn't take longer than an hour to gather mobs and finish them. 45k+ an hour.

Why SE doesn't crack down on it is that there is nothing to crack down on.

Let's examine the af burn.
Level Sync - perfectly legit
Gathering unclaimed mobs in a zone to kill as a pt. - perfectly legit
Using 2 hour and your avatar to lay waste to the mobs? - legit

So quit your whining. If you don't like it you don't have to do it. :)
[+]
 Bismarck.Chasuro
user: Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2010-04-27 16:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Thunderz said:
smn burn your sub jobs dont burn to 1~75~99 gonna make you gimp and ppl who smn burn their smn your all fecking idiots, skilling up SMN skill is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE as hell. GL in failing your not saving anytime at all. all the time you save on lvl'ing your gonna lose on skilling up. so yeah

You are wrong. Nothing more to say.
[+]
 Asura.Despayn
By Asura.Despayn 2010-04-27 16:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

My SMN is 75 with only 3 avatars.

lol I'm so cool.
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-04-28 02:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Here on Ifrit is goes for 100 to 200 K per burn. It is way to make fast gil. Not that I ever tried it. LOL
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2010-04-28 02:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

whats fun is casting diaga on the mobs as u run by and they most likely wont notice and will use thier 2hours anyways.

/fun
[+]
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-04-28 02:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I have done that to if the people burning are douches.
[+]
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2010-04-28 02:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

eh i dont mind ppl doin it for merits or w/e. i just hate ppl who have no skill and by that i mean healing mag skill or smn skill or gk skill. and are in merits or in a pick up group im shouting for whether it be a mission or some other event and they cant land a sleep...or just something where i know they are a burner.
[+]
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-04-28 03:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm, I burned with my summoner from 48-75 and then for a load of merits but still think it is a negative effect on the game. Not gonna lie either, if asked I'll no doubt join a group again. Hell whether they like me or hate me I don't care but I think half of my server at least knows of me from all the xp parties I've been in. Kinda lose out on meeting as many people afbing too.

These people that are trying to xp the "proper" way are having a harder and harder time finding parties or creating parties. Not as many people lfp anymore since they either have or can afb their jobs.

Killing xp parties will hurt the game, how many noobs do you think even know what an afb is. So the game will lose new people due to lack of a way to xp with people who know game mechanics and can show them stuff let alone getting bored soloing for so long. As many FF's I've played one thing is certain in all, the patience of the slow xp grind. XP grind IS FF. Not being able to handle that just seems like to me this is the wrong game for you.

The easy route and wanting it handed to ya seems more of a WoW mindset to me, don't quote me though, never played the game or had any interest but I hear it's grade school easy.

AND! For the real noobs paying this 150-300k a pop for afb, where the hell they buy their gil at to be able to afford it?

inb4 brogames >.>
[+]
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2010-04-28 03:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Moldtech said:

AND! For the real noobs paying this 150-300k a pop for afb, where the hell they buy their gil at to be able to afford it?

inb4 brogames >.>

i know right? i was curious too...was like...how are they affording 2-300k for 40k...all the way to 75..thats millions of gilz..but w/e lol
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2010-04-28 03:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I burned my smn 1-75, then I used kirin to skillup XD netehr blasting a few kirins is great skillups!
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-04-28 04:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Kuni came to kirin with ~200 skill /fail.

I understand why it costing 100k-300k for pulls, they are horrible, I get to pissed with mobs swarming me trying to pull them that it's almost enough to make me say fu.ck it. Then I change to smn and watch the chains roll by and forget about it....
[+]
 Asura.Despayn
By Asura.Despayn 2010-04-28 09:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Phenomena said:
whats fun is casting diaga on the mobs as u run by and they most likely wont notice and will use thier 2hours anyways.

/fun

I threaten to do this on a mule which is on an alternate account to people. I actually gave the go ahead for a friend of mine to do it to a certain someone on that account if they ever see them summoner burning.

I'm not opposed to SMN burning at all. I'm just opposed to idiots.
 Bismarck.Rellz
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-04-28 09:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It only annoys me when people burn a job 10-75 that is not smn. usually ends up so gimp at that point.

People who pay massive amounts of money are just stupid. 200k or so for 40k xp? id rather just exp never paid for a burn likely never will.

As for people who ruin burns. you have nothing better to do then ruin exp for people?

If people want to be gimp in skill level and general skill i say let them. laugh at um and continue on.
[+]
 Sylph.Spency
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-04-28 09:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Re-rail!

Never leave home without it!
 Fairy.Aquilo
Server: Fairy
user: aquaman
By Fairy.Aquilo 2010-04-28 10:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm now on sylph server but to burn i charge 150k - 200k per spot, and there will be 2 positions per pull. its really funny on sylph as quite a lot of people dont seem to understand what you are doing so they follow you around whilst you pulling or like today a guy thought i was in trouble so he blasted up my pull.. mobs nearly killed him... alas no gil for me on that pull
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9