Smn Burn getting crowded and expensive
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Fenrir.Shindo
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2010-03-09 23:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if people would pay a known RMT to pull for them. It'd be difficult to give out instructions in Chinese.

On a side note, if you pull slimes, you get Diaga'd. I farm them sometimes.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-03-09 23:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Shindo said:
On a side note, if you pull slimes, you get Diaga'd. I farm them sometimes.

I wasn't aware Slime Oil only drops from Jellies in Korroloka. =o
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-03-09 23:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

smn burn your sub jobs

dont burn to 1~75~99 gonna make you gimp

and ppl who smn burn their smn

your all fecking idiots, skilling up SMN skill is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE as hell. GL in failing

your not saving anytime at all. all the time you save on lvl'ing your gonna lose on skilling up.

so yeah

Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-03-09 23:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Thunderz said:
your not saving anytime at all. all the time you save on lvl'ing your gonna lose on skilling up.

so yeah

That's what macros are for. It's something to do whilst waiting for HNMs to pop or something, idk. It's a valid point, but it's not valid enough to stop anyone from SMN burning. Level Sync does the EXACT same thing as SMN burning, just on a larger scale.

Asura.Shamaya
Server: Asura
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2010-03-09 23:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

My recommendation to the topic of people wanting to do Smn burns is:

Get a 2nd account w/ a PL

If this is at least an option, then you're just going to make better exp/time by sticking to: East Ronafure S, MMM exp mazes, etc, than you ever will by bothering with smn burning.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-03-09 23:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I use to PL myself all the time with my bros acct

~~~

Yes, Level sync does the same stuff but if you lvl 3 times im pretty sure you can catch up your skills compared to 15~20 lvls.

but mainly smn who smn burn to 75 and have like 10~20 smn skill piss me off. your gimp as ***, never play the job damn
 Valefor.Lisamarie
Server: Valefor
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2010-03-10 00:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys, guys, guys. Seriously.

FFXI is not hard.

Anyone can AB any of the 20 jobs to 75 and know how to play them. Reading and comprehension is hard. There's numerous websites that give rundowns of jobs, their abilities, and what gear to wear.

Do you learn how to PLD/nin tank by tanking in exp parties as PLD/war 10-74? Hell no. Do you learn how to croud control EXPing or soloing BLM [and in extension RDM, SCH, BRD] 1-75? Hell no.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jeronlmo
Server: Fenrir
user: Jeronlmo
By Fenrir.Jeronlmo 2010-03-10 00:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Average rate seems to be about 10k/1k xp for a leech spot.
Some groups can pull 50k pulls = 500k.
I cant imagine paying that, but it happens.
[+]
 Valefor.Lisamarie
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2010-03-10 01:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

generally AB PTs take about 1minute to get 1k exp. (45 minutes for a pull, 45k exp in that pull)

So really, they're paying 10k per minute.
[+]
 Seraph.Chasuro
Server: Seraph
user: Chasuro
By Seraph.Chasuro 2010-03-10 02:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Thunderz said:
smn burn your sub jobs

your all fecking idiots, skilling up SMN skill is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE as hell. GL in failing

so yeah

I disagree.

As SMN75 you can solo everything you need to skill up as well as do besieged. You will get .5 skill ups very often. Granted I had 170skill by the time I got to smn75 so it didn't take me long for me.

Considering you can get a job to lvl 75 in a couple days, then spend a week or so skilling up, I wouldn't say it was slower by any means.
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-03-10 02:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Spots for for 150k here.

AFB is not the route of all evil. It does result in some rubbish players with lvl 75 (and soon lvl 99) jobs, but I can assure you all, we had them long before level sync and AFB.

Personally I see it as a nice way to level sub jobs or get a few quick merits. I wouldn't burn a main job.

But I could and it wouldn't be that gimp. I already have every magic skill capped on my jobs and most of my combat skills, so at the very worst I would burn a THF 75 with only 240 dagger skill, nothing that a few hours in The B Tree won't fix.

Some jobs (SMN, BLU, SAM, NIN etc) use unique* weapons/magic so aren't really suited to burning as you will end up being gimp.
 Valefor.Lisamarie
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2010-03-10 03:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh lord, I remember doing an LS event with a person who AB'd BLU to 75, he only had spells up to Deathscissors because his magic skill wasn't high enough yet.

Needless to say, he wasn't allowed to come BLU until his magic was capped :/

Also, Martial Master = <3 for skillups
 Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone 2010-03-10 10:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Cailleach said:
Chigo burns > Astral Flow burns .... enough said.

THIS!

Anyone on Quetz got a K.Club for cheap so that I can exploit this?
 Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone
By Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone 2010-03-10 10:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Thunderz said:
but mainly smn who smn burn to 75 and have like 10~20 smn skill piss me off. your gimp as ***, never play the job damn

I burnt my SMN to 75. My Summoning Skill is 237. I don't use it except to burn for merits for my BLM, WHM and RDM. Sometimes I'll FoV in Ro'Maeve on SMN for fun.
 Lakshmi.Karagorn
Server: Lakshmi
user: Karagorn
By Lakshmi.Karagorn 2010-03-10 11:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you think its a waste of time to smn burn and then skill up. I can gain 15 smn skill levels in an hour by skilling up, you cant get that in a pt. Personally ive got all my other skills capped from leveling whm and blm, all you need to do to make your smn "up to par" is level your smn skill. Most likely you have to level it anyway if you only get parties. You can also level smn skill from doing Besieged. You obviously dont know what your talking about and are just upset you can never get into smn burn parties. Smn Burn parties do make people gimp for a few reasons, one of which can be fixed. 1. Skill levels are gimp obviously low. Besieged and the Boyohta Tree Parties can fix this. 2. People dont know how to play the job. (This is what makes people bad) They have no idea how to play the job.
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-03-10 11:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jetzabel said:
Fairy.Cailleach said:
Chigo burns > Astral Flow burns .... enough said.

I've been away from the game for a {long time} apart from a small return midway during break -- can someone explain/tell me about chigo burns? Sounds interesting.

From what I saw, a KC PLD fights a sheep outside of party feeding it TP in order to spawn chigoes. A party, primarily full of BLUs and support kill the chigoes for 60k an hour or something

Edit - Wrong vid
 Gilgamesh.Andras
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Andras
By Gilgamesh.Andras 2010-03-10 11:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

smn burns are bad
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-03-10 11:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I've not looked into them in much, but from what I understand you get a PLD with a low damage multihit weapon (M Kris, K Club) and have them beat a Sheep to death outside Nashmau. The sheep pop 1 chigoe per WS, and with the TP they get from the multihit, they pop chigoe's very quickly.

An outside PT (the ones that want EXP) will kill the chigoes.
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2010-03-10 11:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't talk about the chigoe burns; if you keep talking, then everyone starts to do them. Look at what happened with SMN burning.
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2010-03-10 11:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jetzabel said:
Man, the descriptions make me LMAO, I can just imagine a sheep dropping chigoe turds from it's behind now ><

I'm surprised I hadn't heard about that though, sounds like an even easier way to get exp than af burns. How come there isn't multiple anger topics for it???
Harder to set up. Easier to *** up and wipe.

Also, because how many KC's do you have?
 Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone
By Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone 2010-03-10 13:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

SE fixed Chigoe burns. Sheep only spawn up to 5 Chigoes now. Meaning you have to kill the sheep and pull a new one. Parties are good from 51 to 55 until you need a new sync.
By kaoticforce 2010-03-10 15:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Holder gets paid about 100k+ here but leechers normally just help pull logout and rejoin party. Smn gets the ***end of the exp party stick I say good for smn's to get exp that way. I just wish it didn't mess up merit party's and exp party's. I have pulled and also been a smn in the burns.
By kaoticforce 2010-03-10 16:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh an Smn is a hard job to cap the skill on i'm sitting on 247 skill with it.
 Asura.Shiroineko
Server: Asura
By Asura.Shiroineko 2010-03-10 16:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Like how everyone changed the topic to Chigoe burns now lol.

But yea, I don't get why some people are such *** about SMN burns. Have you ever actually BEEN in one? "Takes a few minutes" my ***! Unless you have /alot/ of pullers, it can easily take 1-2 hours to pull off, for only 40-50k. Yes, only. You ever been in a 20k/hr party? It's just like that, except a lot less monotony. I fully support the farmers of jellies and ghosts in the tunnel, but when someone just comes by and -gas the mobs, ruining all of our hard work just because they want to be an ***... that's not right. We are working hard too. This is by NO means an easy event to pull off. Hell, we have enough problems with noob groups jacking the zones, and other group waiting to go, then to deal with random jackasses coming by to ruin everything. SMN burn screwed you over? I get that excuse alot. Here's an idea, go ruin THEIR summoner burn, not OURS. We are NOT all the same people.

On a note for skillups, I do agree most summoners who burn to 75 do lack them. But you know what? So did I. I had 100 summoning skill when I began, and I got to 75. Then I went out and skilled up the job so I wouldn't be so ashamed to be gimp. And now, I'm asked to be SMN all the time, because I put WORK into getting it as good as it is. JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE SUMMONER BURNS DOESN'T MEAN THEY ARE ALL DOUCHES THAT DON'T HAVE SKILLS OR KNOWS HOW TO PLAY THEIR JOB. So get over it already.

Some people who AFB deserve to be screwed over, but not all of us. So don't lump us all into the same category. This is true for /any/ event in the game. If you hate AFB, good for you, but before you go out of your way to piss us off, at least check to make sure you arn't screwing over a perfectly good person.

And for staying on topic, my shell used to charge 250k for 3 burns, but we have since stopped taking leeches. We want merits more than money.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-03-10 17:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Chasuro said:
Ramuh.Thunderz said:
smn burn your sub jobs

so yeah

I disagree.

As SMN75 you can solo everything you need to skill up as well as do besieged. You will get .5 skill ups very often. Granted I had 170skill by the time I got to smn75 so it didn't take me long for me.

Considering you can get a job to lvl 75 in a couple days, then spend a week or so skilling up, I wouldn't say it was slower by any means.

Ive skilled up many weapons but when I skilled up my bros SMN it was the worst exp evar. also there isn't besiege all the time. his acct was on 360 so freeze ups :/

Also you will miss out on the solo/duo experience.

anyways, if you "Will" skill up after you smn burn, sure grind away my friend but ive seen many smn burn (SMN) have bs smn skill.

By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2010-03-10 17:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jetzabel said:
Apparently it can be done with M.Kris and even Joyeuse. Interesting!

I do wish I had a KC though =P
They suck that way. lol12k/hr burns
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9