Forum » FFXI » General » Smn Burn getting crowded and expensive
Smn Burn getting crowded and expensive
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 07:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Well on what level? There are so many differences between them I don't even know where to start.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
Server: Sylph
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-04-27 07:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kalyna said:
My mindset is of old MMO and D&D where the tank takes ALL the hate and noone else should take the hate away from them. DRK can take hate easilly with Black Magic and rediculously high WS damage. Only reason why people like NIN tanks is because they think Copy Image is effective. It's not. Get over it. I've been with people claiming they're the best NIN tanks. They don't take hate. They get the party killed then leave claiming the 5 other people are bad players, whereas, when we replace him with a, let's say, WAR/DNC, we survive and do good EXP for hours.

I know DNC can be a tanking class (after seeing Animated Flourish at lvl20) For me, i'll only use it to take the mobs away from the mages, assuming we have a main tank. But DNC being a main tank would be a bad idea because you basically need TP and finishing moves to get the party going whereas WAR and PLD/WAR have their JA of "Provoke" (40WAR/20DNC and higher have both provoke and animated flourish, great way to keep hate alongside their decently high damage and decent armor)

as for RDM: I'll be healing. I like to heal. I don't mind healing but a healing RDM is basically a dumbdown version of a WHM which is why they have access to convert and refresh, cuz they waste mp more than a WHM until then assuming no BRD.
Sorry, but imo youre wrong on both, NIN + RDM

My main job is RDM, I’ve been playing it since 2006. In exp /merit & all kinds of endgame. Except for some certain cases (like when stona’s needed on some HNM bosses or w/e). a RDM healer can easily keep up with a good whm and should be able to mainheal. You just need the right equip & SJ, its not really hard. So then how can RDM be a gimp healer? Just sub /whm or /sch (for Addendum: White) and voila! You’ll do great cures. Never seen a RDM who only enfeebles the mobs, that’s ridiculous. If you cant handle to cure / enfeeble / buff as RDM, you fail.

And wtf .... war/dnc as the uber tank? It sounds like some kind of solution cause no “real” tank was seeking which might work (also depending if you have a PL or not). But you cant tell me in endgame or higher level parties / merit you’d use a war/dnc lol.

Btw the idea of a tank is not having the most hate and DIE, like a drk or blm would do. seriously. just lol. The idea of a tank is to be able to evade / take hits and survive, like a blood or blink tank do. If you only had gimp nin tanks who had no hate, thats probably because it was pre level 37 and no NI or they were cheap and didnt use elemental wheel.
 Valefor.Eirinne
Server: Valefor
user: Eirinne
By Valefor.Eirinne 2010-04-27 07:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
Ramuh.Kalyna said:

And wtf .... war/dnc as the uber tank? It sounds like some kind of solution cause no “real” tank was seeking which might work (also depending if you have a PL or not). But you cant tell me in endgame or higher level parties / merit you’d use a war/dnc lol.

Btw the idea of a tank is not having the most hate and DIE, like a drk or blm would do. seriously. just lol. The idea of a tank is to be able to evade / take hits and survive, like a blood or blink tank do. If you only had gimp nin tanks who had no hate, thats probably because it was pre level 37 and no NI or they were cheap and didnt use elemental wheel.
yes!! Die!! Leaving your party to fend for themselves while you grab a snack, get a juicebox, and enjoy work-free levelling. :D
Srsly though War/Dnc? Wtf?
...and tanks aren't supposed to die.
 Valefor.Eirinne
Server: Valefor
user: Eirinne
By Valefor.Eirinne 2010-04-27 07:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

oops, cut that wrong. oh well.
 Ramuh.Kalyna
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-27 07:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

/doesn't feel like quoting and deleting your quote of me,lotus

RDM was meant to be 1/3 healer 1/3 enfeebling 1/3 melee but S-E messed up (honestly, have you ever played FF1 before?) but people only see it as 3/3 healer in exp parties (plus they suck at melee) Yeah, with the right gear it can get up to an ungimped WHM healer and it can heal efficiently but i have seen many parties (me being non-healing class) where the RDM can't keep up with the healing to where i'd go /whm (if i'm like BLM or SMN) and stay back and half nuke/send pet out and half heal just so we have a fighting chance.

I'd rather use WAR/DNC than NIN/WAR. Much more effective and much faster exp.

With a smart healer, the tank won't die. By smart healer i mean non-banish spammer. (i mean once in a while is fine if you wanna get some dmg in, but it just wastes MP and adds hate to you). Also how are you going ot take hits if you don't have hate?
 Fenrir.Fdeath
Server: Fenrir
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Fdeath 2010-04-27 07:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Well on what level? There are so many differences between them I don't even know where to start.

Do you really plan to elaborate more?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 07:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Fdeath said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

You elaborate, what is your justification for saying SMN burning is the same as mercing?

inb4 efficiency.

If efficiency was the only factor you'd simply ninja lot the items.
 Bismarck.Ondara
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ondara 2010-04-27 08:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
Think its ~2-300k on bismarck.

from what ive seen its running about 200k on bismarck. though apparently some of the holders will make deals for multiple burns. i find it kinda disgusting ppl will pay that much.
[+]
 Fenrir.Fdeath
By Fenrir.Fdeath 2010-04-27 08:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Fdeath said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

You elaborate, what is your justification for saying SMN burning is the same as mercing?

inb4 efficiency.

Wait i never said anything like that, why dont you just explain your version.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-04-27 08:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, but thats just totally not true.

Well... we are talking about FF11 and not FF1 tho lol. Are you seriously comparing how to play jobs by this? XD sorry.

In FFXI a RDM (in a party!) is supposed to buff / debuff and cure – thats it. In certain occasions you might be needed to nuke, like in Nyzul, or on certain mobs (like puddings). But let’s talk about exp. Pre 75 w/o REALLY good nuking / int / ele magic gear, RDM nukes are pure ***. Sorry, but that’s how it is. So why would I invite a RDM to my party to have him waist MP for nuking a Thunder 2 on the mob for like 20 dmg while the tank is dying? doesnt make sense. I dont ever wanna see a RDM nuke in my parties, unless there’s really nothing to do, mp are good and / or have a PL anyway. Now let’s talk about RDM melee dmg. Its even more ridiculous than the nukes. Of course, in dunes parties or even qufim, why not. but other than that or solo, why would i want a meleeing RDM in a let’s say 60ish party who refuses to cure? When the said RDM is meleeing in “Mage” gear he won’t hit the mob once or do dmg under 10 lol and while meleeing he can’t rest mp = donwtime for the whole party.

Maybe SE wanted RDM to be different when they decided to have RDM in FFXI 10 years ago, but apparently it hasnt worked out. If you wanna be a meleeing mage who doesnt have to cure, go ahead and level BLU.

And about the „If you have a smart healer the tank wont die“ thing... this is ridiculous. Now you have your war/dnc tank who will get hit for ***, you have to cure bomb him because he would die otherwise. If you do so, you’ll prolly end up dying yourself. so where’s the smart part about this? You or the tank die? Or wait... when you have hate and die, YOU must be the better tank :P

Edit: why would anyone spam banish?Oo
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 08:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Fdeath said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Fdeath said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

inb4 efficiency.

Wait i never said anything like that, why dont you just explain your version.

You justify it first, I honestly don't know where your coming from.

Clearly you have no argument for it, and are just expelling verbal diarrhoea as per normal.
 Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone 2010-04-27 08:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Segaia said:
doing AFBs too often is a slap in the own face.

Have fun leveling your 0-10 summoning skill to max and enjoy your minimum buff duration - it will stay there a looooooong time.

Oh you lack in mp?... QUICK!!! Use your elemental syphon for an awesome 50 mp boost!!!!

gotta love gimp smns.

I burnt my SMN from 12 to 75. Guess what my Summoning skill is? No, it's not 0-10. It's 237. I've been skilling up and doing FoV solo in Ro'Maeve to practice SMN.

Yeah, I'm gimp, but I use my other 75 jobs for endgame. Granted they're useless jobs, but who knows, maybe someone can use a capped WHM, RDM or BLM that I did level the legit way. Or maybe my Dynamis shell should just kick me from tank main heal (for which I've been for the last 1.5 years) for being such a gimp n00b.

Oh, wait. Why do we play this game? To... To... To... Oh, make our e-peen bigger... No... Wait! To have fun! Maybe my fun is different than your fun and the other way around.

On topic. I haven't burnt in a couple weeks, as I've been working more. I don't give up the leech spot. I take the leech spot for myself and a friend. We have our own characters (alternates) tank and we also pull ourselves. I find that a lot of SMN that want to burn don't have a job capable of pulling, so, in effect, they are "leeching" a bit themselves. I often get asked for the leech spot and people will offer anywhere from 150k to 200k.
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-27 08:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
Maybe SE wanted RDM to be different when they decided to have RDM in FFXI 10 years ago, but apparently it hasnt worked out. If you wanna be a meleeing mage who doesnt have to cure, go ahead and level BLU.

And about the „If you have a smart healer the tank wont die“ thing... this is ridiculous. Now you have your war/dnc tank who will get hit for ***, you have to cure bomb him because he would die otherwise. If you do so, you’ll prolly end up dying yourself. so where’s the smart part about this? You or the tank die? Or wait... when you have hate and die, YOU must be the better tank :P
1. Why else do you think they added BLU? they failed at making RDM a melee mage.

2. have you ever had a WAR/DNC as a main tank? From the sound of it, it's prolly a "No"

I'd describe a WAR/DNC as a meleeing PLD. not only can he provoke and animated flourish, but he can cure himself, gain TP very easilly and party heal to keep hate. Besides, i said i'd prefer a WAR/DNC than a NIN/WAR tank :P
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-27 08:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
Edit: why would anyone spam banish?Oo
cuz they're stupid. i've seen it too many times already when i'm not a healer.
like i said, it's easy to lose hate as a tank, and the hate calculation is really HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, tho i think they're fixing it.
 Fenrir.Fdeath
By Fenrir.Fdeath 2010-04-27 08:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ondara said:
Bismarck.Altar said:
Think its ~2-300k on bismarck.

from what ive seen its running about 200k on bismarck. though apparently some of the holders will make deals for multiple burns. i find it kinda disgusting ppl will pay that much.

Is not that bad if you consider there alway 2 leecher (100k each for 45k exp ) And trust me is boring enought to stand 1 hours waiting all puller bring you the mob.

I still can farm 60k in 1 hours, if i can do it, everyone can do it. But 45k in 2 hours @ level 12 or level 40~55 is another story.

You also dont need to PAY, just bring a friend holding for you. But GL on that, not many will do it just for the fun of loosing they time where they could hmmm do nothing else, but anyway you know what i mean.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-04-27 08:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, so in fact RDMs are only good for what I said, which means if you wanna be a RDM in an exp party that is supposed to work properly, you'll have to play it that way. And again... RDM is an awesome mainhealer.

If not, gotta party with friends who dont mind, solo or AB it.

Just out of curiousity I'll try how war/dnc is in an exp party when I can't find a NIN or PLD.
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-27 08:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
Yea, so in fact RDMs are only good for what I said, which means if you wanna be a RDM in an exp party that is supposed to work properly, you'll have to play it that way. And again... RDM is an awesome mainhealer. If not, gotta party with friends who dont mind, solo or AB it. Just out of curiousity I'll try how war/dnc is in an exp party when I can't find a NIN or PLD.
i should've said RDM < WHM when it comes to main healing due to what they have access to. lol RDM isn't that bad as a healer but the fact that people would rather find a RDM and die multiple times and only get R1 than a WHM and die less and get the oprotunity to get R2 or R3.

and about the war/dnc -- depends who plays it. most of the war/dnc i've been with knew how to play it as a tanking role. others didn't (hell they didn't even voke even when the mobs were pounding on the healer) people need to learn the word "Teamwork" i swear to God most lack it. (cuz it's so easy to solo in this game)
 Fenrir.Fdeath
By Fenrir.Fdeath 2010-04-27 08:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
How is paying to AB any different than paying a merc shell to get your items?

Or offering money to a BRD or COR to join your merit party? lolpaying4exp

Lol I wish people would pay me to join.

Mercing is different imo.
^^^ Origial POST...
Fdeath said:
hmmm. explain?
Ramuh.Kalyna said:
first explain what mercing is (i've never done it/never heard of it yet and i'm curious now.)
Lakshmi.Snuffy said:
I'm also interested in hearing this answer :popcorn:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fdeat said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Clearly you have no argument for it, and are just expelling verbal diarrhoea as per normal.

Dude explain me how the hell i have to explain something for your own opinion???? I never even say anything about it exept asking you to explain it.
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-27 08:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

oooh i understand what mercing is now.

didn't read kat's post lol

hmmmm well it can be different, Fdeath. 100% of hte smnburn parties i've been to were free for me. (maybe cuz i'm the syncee or a SMN or cuz i knew the people) while mercing, no matter if you knew someone, you have to pay still.

also another difference is that smnburn you can use if you just don't wanna deal leveling a subjob. (like me and ninja) and you just leach mp and get it done faster than if you didn't smnburn, while mercing you just pay some people because you're lazy to hunt an item you'll use when you're 75 lol.

Tho the similarities are that both of them, you use others to your advantage, whether you're lazy or not.
 Fenrir.Fdeath
By Fenrir.Fdeath 2010-04-27 08:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kalyna said:
oooh i understand what mercing is now.

didn't read kat's post lol

hmmmm well it can be different, Fdeath. 100% of hte smnburn parties i've been to were free for me. (maybe cuz i'm the syncee or a SMN or cuz i knew the people) while mercing, no matter if you knew someone, you have to pay still.

Oh when i say 100k per leecher, that 100% exclude all SMN job. Idk how it work on other server, but on fenrir is 4 SMN + 2 leecher(random job). Smn never pay anything, that would be real crazzy.

For merc pop, i do farm for friend and is alway free.
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-27 08:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

urgh quote borked

Fdeath: depends on the situation. i've never had to pay to leech yet but as i said, it's prolly cuz i was a SMN or the syncee (cuz they couldn't find anyone willing) or hell, if you're a COR they can keep you for two runs if you wanted to smnburn cor lol
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 09:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Fdeath said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
How is paying to AB any different than paying a merc shell to get your items?

Or offering money to a BRD or COR to join your merit party? lolpaying4exp

Lol I wish people would pay me to join.

Mercing is different imo.
^^^ Origial POST...
Fdeath said:
hmmm. explain?
Ramuh.Kalyna said:
first explain what mercing is (i've never done it/never heard of it yet and i'm curious now.)
Lakshmi.Snuffy said:
I'm also interested in hearing this answer :popcorn:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fdeat said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Dude explain me how the hell i have to explain something for your own opinion???? I never even say anything about it exept asking you to explain it.

Where do I start?

1. It's an item you receive and not levels

2. Merc'd items are typically items that a player cannot obtain through another method due to not having the jobs necessary to join an EGLS (of course there is situations where this isn't the case)

I need to know your justification for saying it is the same, or I can't provide an example as to how it's wrong.

It's like saying hot chocolate tastes the same as Orange juice, they are both drinks but radically different.
 Sylph.Spency
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-04-27 09:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Flion, how's about we make this about zombies?!

Edits - I'm dyslexic this morning it seems ~ Fixed
 Fenrir.Fdeath
By Fenrir.Fdeath 2010-04-27 09:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kalyna said:
urgh quote borked

Fdeath: depends on the situation. i've never had to pay to leech yet but as i said, it's prolly cuz i was a SMN or the syncee (cuz they couldn't find anyone willing) or hell, if you're a COR they can keep you for two runs if you wanted to smnburn cor lol

Yes that explain it. and my bad i made a mistake :( i mean 3 SMN, 1 level sync, 2 leecher, level sync and smn never pay.

RDM end todo 200k/h, of course that pretty good, is why they accept too, in revenge 100k for 45k exp is not that bad, you can probably pay more just on food/ammo/gear/rr/tele for the same Exp. no need to point on lv40~55 you do around 10k per hours in good PT, that mean you save 4 hours of you time, can easy use that time to farm 25k/h [that also exclude the time loosign on LFG of course]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 09:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Spency said:
Flion, how's about we make this about zombies?!

Edits - I'm dyslexic this morning it seems ~ Fixed

You know it -.^
 Sylph.Spency
By Sylph.Spency 2010-04-27 09:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

At least zombie debates may save your life one day.

/nods siriusly
By semimmortal 2010-04-27 09:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Spency said:
At least zombie debates may save your life one day.

/nods siriusly

End of discussion.
/grin
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-27 09:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Fdeath said:
Ramuh.Kalyna said:
urgh quote borked Fdeath: depends on the situation. i've never had to pay to leech yet but as i said, it's prolly cuz i was a SMN or the syncee (cuz they couldn't find anyone willing) or hell, if you're a COR they can keep you for two runs if you wanted to smnburn cor lol
Yes that explain it. and my bad i made a mistake :( i mean 3 SMN, 1 level sync, 2 leecher, level sync and smn never pay. RDM end todo 200k/h, of course that pretty good, is why they accept too, in revenge 100k for 45k exp is not that bad, you can probably pay more just on food/ammo/gear/rr/tele for the same Exp. no need to point on lv40~55 you do around 10k per hours in good PT, that mean you save 4 hours of you time, can easy use that time to farm 25k/h [that also exclude the time loosign on LFG of course]
lol no problem. and yeah, i've heard people paying for it but to save money, i usually just be the syncee and then dreadfully find a party lol
 Sylph.Spency
By Sylph.Spency 2010-04-27 09:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

:<

We have guns >.> Although I don't think I've ever seen one not on a cop
 Fenrir.Fdeath
By Fenrir.Fdeath 2010-04-27 09:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I need to know your justification for saying it is the same, or I can't provide an example as to how it's wrong.

please quote me where i said it was the same or not.
Shiva.Flionheart said:
It's like saying hot chocolate tastes the same as Orange juice, they are both drinks but radically different.

Again what are you defending yourself?

You might have miss the main part of my question, guess it was a hard one.

First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9