Forum » FFXI » General » Smn Burn getting crowded and expensive
Smn Burn getting crowded and expensive
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Phoenix.Crimsontears
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Crimsontears 2010-03-09 13:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

On Phoenix it's about 200-250k to get in on a leach spot. There's always groups down there doing it though, the place is never empty anymore. Tons of shouts daily here on this server for it too :| As far as the possible nerf of Astral Flow parties- I've heard some rumors about it happenin' but no valid proof. To be honest, with the level cap being raised in the near future.. if they don't nerf it... Astral parties are gonna be even bigger hot sh*t >_<.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-03-09 14:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Im my personal opinion I can say that...
People raise concern and voice negatively towards SMN-Burn simply because the nubs burning their jobs today will be the uncapped, underskilled, nub-knuckles who will be applying to your LS later down the line and mucking up the runs with their fail-*** attempts at playing their jobs.

But, again, that's just me.

Then don't accept them into your LS? Nothing says you have to accept *** idiots who screw everything up.
[+]
 Fairy.Usua
Server: Fairy
user: Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2010-03-09 14:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

lol I offered 50k just to leech one pull for buffer points on my drk and got 0 offers. Guess I'll just stick to FoV in Ro'meeve.
 Hades.Neheyiama
Server: Hades
user: Focusal
By Hades.Neheyiama 2010-03-09 14:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Smn burn shows no skills. It kills the game how other people who played the game fair and such got their skills from it while others are noob and yet 75. I saw a 75 rdm somehow died from soloing that headlong belt, i was like you got to be kidding me.
[+]
 Fairy.Brenda
user: Jornna
By Fairy.Brenda 2010-03-09 14:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Because RDM in exp parties are the same as RDM soloing.
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-03-09 14:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
Then don't accept them into your LS? Nothing says you have to accept *** idiots who screw everything up.

We work round the clock not too

Kujata.Segaia
Server: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2010-03-09 14:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

doing AFBs too often is a slap in the own face.

Have fun leveling your 0-10 summoning skill to max and enjoy your minimum buff duration - it will stay there a looooooong time.

Oh you lack in mp?... QUICK!!! Use your elemental syphon for an awesome 50 mp boost!!!!

gotta love gimp smns.
[+]
 Phoenix.Juggalo
Server: Phoenix
user: Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2010-03-09 14:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't wait until SE finds some way to just nerf this cheap *** ("cheating," as Hitler put it) exp gain.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zoltar
Server: Bahamut
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2010-03-09 14:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

All i hear is wah wah wah...the above are ppl who dont get invites therefore they will always have sandy vaginas
[+]
 Asura.Ericka
Server: Asura
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2010-03-09 14:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You can cry whine and *** all night long~ ppl gonna burn their jobs and there's nothing you can do but complain..

or! you could go to where they're burning and *** block!

lol @ you for paying to lvl a job. better kiss some *** and/or make some friends..

[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-03-09 14:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zoltar said:
All i hear is wah wah wah...the above are ppl who dont get invites therefore they will always have sandy vaginas

Yeah because all jobs get constant invites right? I personally find paying for exp hilarious, but hey, if SMNs found a way to make gil and exp in a different way other than being a cure-bot, more power to them. I'm surprised BRDs and RDMs aren't charging for merit parties yet.

To stay on topic, I've seen from 100k-200k for a leech spot in SMN burns.
[+]
 Seraph.Chasuro
Server: Seraph
user: Chasuro
By Seraph.Chasuro 2010-03-09 14:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Neheyiama said:
Smn burn shows no skills. It kills the game how other people who played the game fair and such got their skills from it while others are noob and yet 75. I saw a 75 rdm somehow died from soloing that headlong belt, i was like you got to be kidding me.

I'd challenge your Summoner skills against mine if I could.

I got my smn to 75 with af burns. I then skilled up my smn and enjoy it so much I'm working on my skills soloing and in pt's. Because of AF burns I was also able to easily merit my smn job. Because friends in my af burn pt's needed the gear, we have a nice group to fight nm's that drop smn gear.

The person who chooses not to learn or skill up their job is going to be a douche regardless of how they get to 75. It is possible that because of af burns, these people stand out more. Be glad.

Please have an open mind. There are many solutions to the same problem. For instance, one solution could be doing your own thing and not caring what other people are doing.
[+]
 Asura.Ericka
By Asura.Ericka 2010-03-09 14:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

ive seen 200-500k for 12-75 leech spot. this was before it was so popular so the price was crazy high. still find it lol to pay for lvls...

[+]
 Siren.Buddah
Server: Siren
user: Buddah278
By Siren.Buddah 2010-03-09 15:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

All i gotta say is; watch out for me in your smn burn cuz i dont give a ***. If ur burning in my farming zone i will 'aga your unclaimed batch and /farewell XD
[+]
 Asura.Ericka
By Asura.Ericka 2010-03-09 15:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ericka said:

you could go to where they're burning and *** block!

Siren.Buddah said:
All i gotta say is; watch out for me in your smn burn cuz i dont give a ***. If ur burning in my farming zone i will 'aga your unclaimed batch and /farewell XD

[+]
 Bismarck.Klikevil
Server: Bismarck
user: klikevil
By Bismarck.Klikevil 2010-03-09 15:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Take action against SMN burners, go "farm" in korrolla tunnel, as long as you don't say you're taking all the mobs from them on purpose to them or the GMs you're fine, play the role of the innocent victim, say all the mobs they had were unclaimed and they weren't killing them within a reasonable amount of time so you assumed they were just being ***. bust out a blm and thundaga 3 all the mobs that they pull as someone uses astral flow lol. Or go kill the call for help mobs, unfortunately i have 2 strikes on me for mpk with my summoner so I just have to stay out of sight out of mind, but i despise fallow rats (clever anagram/slur for astral burners, it's astral flow rearranged!). Or you can go about it the legitimate way and file a complaint on it on POL's suggestion thingy. If it gets enough support astral flow burns will be disallowed.
[+]
 Shiva.Weewoo
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-03-09 15:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

AF burns help make the unskilled idiots stand out alot more than those who would get 75 traditionally. Thus making it easier to weed out the morons from getting into big endgame stuff and screwing it up for everyone.

So I'm all for it.
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-03-09 15:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Klikevil said:
Take action against SMN burners, go "farm" in korrolla tunnel, as long as you don't say you're taking all the mobs from them on purpose to them or the GMs you're fine, play the role of the innocent victim, say all the mobs they had were unclaimed and they weren't killing them within a reasonable amount of time so you assumed they were just being ***. bust out a blm and thundaga 3 all the mobs that they pull as someone uses astral flow lol. Or go kill the call for help mobs, unfortunately i have 2 strikes on me for mpk with my summoner so I just have to stay out of sight out of mind, but i despise fallow rats (clever anagram/slur for astral burners, it's astral flow rearranged!). Or you can go about it the legitimate way and file a complaint on it on POL's suggestion thingy. If it gets enough support astral flow burns will be disallowed.
Why would you go out of your way to piss someone else off? Now you're wasting their time and yours. I'm SURE you can find something better to do than be a straight up *** for no real reason other than "I don't like what they're doing."
[+]
 Bismarck.Klikevil
Server: Bismarck
user: klikevil
By Bismarck.Klikevil 2010-03-09 15:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

it's a blatant abuse of the level sync system.
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-03-09 15:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Klikevil said:
SE has stated themselves that it is not a bannable offense. Therefore, it's legit.
[+]
 Shiva.Weewoo
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-03-09 15:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Klikevil said:

Actually, this method existed before level sync. Although level sync now makes it much easier to use conventionally. And frankly, I think this is exactly how level sync was meant to be used. Allows for people of various level range exp under previous level conditions.
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-03-09 15:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Klikevil said:

Aren't Qufim parties and East Ronfaure (S) parties similar? Awesome endless exp as long as you have a sync.
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-03-09 15:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're against AF parties, are you against PL parties?
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-03-09 15:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Klikevil said:

So is people hitting 75 in Qufim Island, East Ronfaure(S) and Lv.55 Wajaom Woodlands PT's..

Right?
[+]
 Unicorn.Jewkitten
Server: Unicorn
user: Jewkitten
By Unicorn.Jewkitten 2010-03-09 15:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

My only concern is the astral burners on Unicorn also happen to be the douchebag botting fafnirLS (cause their bots can't get any other HNM) so, when the level caps are raised it's those very tards who will be lv80/90/99 first >.>

As for prices my buddy was charging 100/150k a round afew months ago. And personally I found AFB to be more amazing for merits than lvling jobs.

East Ronfaure (S) till 54 then Aht Urgan birds till 75 make lvling stupidly easy with a little time.
[+]
 Cerberus.Oric
Server: Cerberus
user: Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2010-03-09 15:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Chasuro said:
Hades.Neheyiama said:
I'd challenge your Summoner skills against mine if I could. I got my smn to 75 with af burns. I then skilled up my smn and enjoy it so much I'm working on my skills soloing and in pt's. Because of AF burns I was also able to easily merit my smn job. Because friends in my af burn pt's needed the gear, we have a nice group to fight nm's that drop smn gear. The person who chooses not to learn or skill up their job is going to be a douche regardless of how they get to 75. It is possible that because of af burns, these people stand out more. Be glad. Please have an open mind. There are many solutions to the same problem. For instance, one solution could be doing your own thing and not caring what other people are doing.

I agree with Chasuro.

While I have never been much into AFB,I don't really see anything wrong with the exception of the people who AFB to 75 and then don't skill up, that's just silly. If you're going to do something DO IT RIGHT, whether it be AFB or the "old fashion way". After all, it's not SMN's faults no one wants them in a normal EXP parties and they resort to other methods, I mean, if you don't want them to AFB then invite them to your parties, am I right?

But yeah, if you're going to AFB, just do it right and skill your ***up afterwards, and stop making all the others look bad. It's the least you can do.
[+]
 Odin.Kraytos
Server: Odin
user: Tyseng
By Odin.Kraytos 2010-03-09 15:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Neheyiama said:
because if you get to 75 in a regular party you have skills? this game is so old people know how to play from seeing others play the job over and over day after day
[+]
 Remora.Llianon
Server: Remora
user: Llianon
By Remora.Llianon 2010-03-09 15:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
AFB is going away anyway. SE is limiting the number of mobs you can kill with AF to 10 in this next update.

he may have no clue of what he's talking about but with the entry of odin's AF they gonna have to do with the number of kills or the news ABparty gonna be 1 fisher 5 leech with 1/cor and 1smn doing odin AF and party done chain 250...but if it's like that it gonna be faster to chain parties imo
 Fairy.Brenda
user: Jornna
By Fairy.Brenda 2010-03-09 15:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure it caps out at 50 mobs so I dont think Odin will do as much as people think.
 Asura.Israfel
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-03-09 15:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kraytos said:
Hades.Neheyiama said:
because if you get to 75 in a regular party you have skills? this game is so old people know how to play from seeing others play the job over and over day after day

I agree with this somewhat, but there's still so much you can only learn with experience.
A good player can learn by example, a great player learns from doing ;)
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9