First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Fairy.Seriin
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Seriin
By Fairy.Seriin 2010-03-11 09:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
To me, it would be more impressive and praise worthy to play your job correctly and with skill than it would to say you leveled up legitimately through parties instead of astral burn or whatever.

I really don't care how you got to 75, but if you can carry your weight and then some, then it's all good. Otherwise, don't expect much from me or the EGLS for that matter.

I was typing something that was along these lines before I read this. Knowing your job is the important part.. not testing your patience lfp in dunes/qufim/jungle/crawlers nest/ERs/quicksand/wajoam etc.

To be perfectly fair, most of the people that I see burning are the ones who have done all of these camps on multiple jobs before and are great players that just want to try something new in endgame or bcnms or just want a new subjob without having to spend months at it. It isn't all just noobs who want to rush to endgame.

Carbuncle.Kyhira said:
You can make the money back by selling the account with all 75's all missions, all gear back to someone else who needs a bigger epeen.

Who has burned and is now bragging about how many levels they have gotten or how "better they are"? Only ones I see with an ego about this are the old players who did everything the old way..
[+]
By semimmortal 2010-03-11 13:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kalyna said:
i don't mind the dunes, i just don't really want to sit there lfp as NIN/DNC with seeking party comment as "I don't tank." then have people ASKING Me to tank. (already happened... and i'm only 14nin/7dnc) i swear people don't effing read.
I know how you feel, but the best way IMO to level your sub jobs (solo) would be to sub it with BST.
So much fun, and pretty fast solo EXP :P
Leveled my DNC, THF and NIN to the 50's this way (for the incoming update!), and soon my other jobs like RDM and WHM.

Never once tried to get a PT on NIN other than that one LS pt where I was the only one LFP in it, and said I would not Main tank (was in the 40's, so it's kinda easier to DD I guess, so no harm done O.o).
Luckily it's a NIN burn pt too lol... Who mained tanked in it anyways?
 Seraph.Azagthoth
Server: Seraph
user: Azagthoth
By Seraph.Azagthoth 2010-03-11 19:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't like the idea of smn burns personally, but it's pointless to *** openly about it, as it's considered a legitimate part of the game at this point.

You do realize that skill ups aren't going to be an issue for most of these people either, because they can always just use a bot.

And besides, a lot of players do a hell of a lot worse things than astral burning; I don't see why people are focusing on something so trivial in comparison.
 Carbuncle.Kyhira
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Kyhira 2010-03-12 08:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Azagthoth said:
I don't like the idea of smn burns personally, but it's pointless to *** openly about it, as it's considered a legitimate part of the game at this point.

You do realize that skill ups aren't going to be an issue for most of these people either, because they can always just use a bot.

And besides, a lot of players do a hell of a lot worse things than astral burning; I don't see why people are focusing on something so trivial in comparison.

Because someone who fishbot dont use a whole zone and believe they own that zone, they dont come to this forum and QQ everytime someone else catch a fish?
[+]
 Ramuh.Yimoa
Server: Ramuh
user: Yimoa
By Ramuh.Yimoa 2010-03-12 08:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalyna: you mustave had some pretty poor NINs tanking then or something to that effect,I've never had problems holding my own tanking.
NIN/DRK tank omega often with zero issues,Sometimes I can't shed hate when I need to.
Support effects it too^^/ slow response can make any tank look bad,btw.
Besides situational is situational.
 Asura.Kimiyo
Server: Asura
user: Kimikacat
By Asura.Kimiyo 2010-03-12 09:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Garuda.Snuffy
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Snuffy 2010-03-12 10:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the basis for the prices listed? Is it per hour, per level, to 75, or just for 1 cycle of 2hrs?
 Carbuncle.Xandor
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Xandor 2010-03-12 10:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jetzabel said:
Ramuh.Kalyna said:

did i say i want it 75?

i want to be DNC/NIN (and when i'm NIN i get bugged to tank and i don't like tanking)

here let me rephrase that:
I don't enjoy playing jobs other people expect something different of.
Example: RDM main healer (lol they don't heal very well. they're main focus is ENFEEBLING MAGIC aka casting Dia, Paralyze, and so on with good accuracy as well as refreshing. Convert is what makes them main healers)

another Example: NIN tanks. If it wasn't for Utsusemi, they'd suck as tanks. They're more DD Enfeeble instead of tanking. Do you really expect them to go thru 20k/party just to tank for 2 hours when they can use that stuff on other tools or DD equipment. (I mean they dual wield! DUAL WIELD!!!!!! WAR/WHM decently equiped can tank better than a NIN/WAR. This is coming from a WHM main job. NIN tanks are MP drainers more than WAR main as tanks. Hell DRK are better tanks than NIN.)

Whut?

Sorry, NIN & DRK here and getting a little tired of all the NIN hatred I'm seeing around since I got back to the game. DRK is a better tank than NIN? whut?

NIN WS damage is inconsistent at best, and it costs a fortune to make the best out of ninjitsu and shurikens. As for the point you are trying to make that NIN is some kind of god awful tank, apart from PLD, NIN is one of the best jobs to tank. Maybe you have only partied with sucky NINs, or maybe you suck at NIN (and a FYI, DNC is designed to be able to tank in many situations, I suggest to quit the job now if you think you will never have to tank, otherwise you are just going to be a half assed DNC. Not trying to be offensive, but that comes straight from SE). Either way, NIN can be a great tank in many situations - don't write something off just because you can't do it or don't want to do it.

As for RDM - Good luck levelling it to 37 even, with "I'll only cast dia" in your /seacom ><

Thats why they smn burn their nin and rdm lol

"QQ dont make me main heal, RDM = ENFEEBELING onry!"

"QQ Dont make me tank on NIN, because I is gud DD on NIN/DNC"
 Fairy.Pwrlessgirl
user: Pwrless
By Fairy.Pwrlessgirl 2010-03-12 11:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Generally is 150k in Fairy for 40-50k XP
Just add up the XP it takes to take a SYNC lvl 12 spot to level 22.

I never done SMN burn on this main character... I only did couple of sync spots on 2 mules out of curiosity, that's about it. I enjoy more doing PWR XP parties (yes I do carry a pocket tarutaru) HOWEVER, all(16/20 so far) my jobs i have taken to 75 on XP parties. I laugh at those ppl paying 150k to burn their jobs on a leech spot and then spend 8-10 hours in CAPE TERRIGAN skilling up. TRUST ME you DON'T want to get to NYZUL ISLE on a MERIT PARTY UNDERSKILLED (LOW ACC/LOW WEAPON SKILL/ETC. And it doesn't matter if you have PL or NOT. People are just lazy to from parties.

It is very simple /sea all invite 67-75 or whatever, Get a TANK, GET a HEALER, GET a few DD's and/or a Fisherman.
If you are not able to perform this simple task then /sea all pwr and ask me (im usually leader on XP parties)
I won't be able to fetch the 40-50k per hour but on a good day we can fetch 100-120k XP

Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2010-03-12 11:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If we RANDOMLY CAPITALIZE stuff it adds emphasis rather than using the emphasis TAGS.

I really think people forget that EXP is a means to the end, not an end to the means.
 Fairy.Seriin
user: Seriin
By Fairy.Seriin 2010-03-12 11:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Snuffy said:
What is the basis for the prices listed? Is it per hour, per level, to 75, or just for 1 cycle of 2hrs?

It is usually based on per cycle of 2hrs. Depending on the amount of pullers and how well they are working together the pull can be anywhere from 20 minutes (counting the 10 minute repop time on mobs) to about 45 minutes or so.
 Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone 2010-03-12 12:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Snuffy said:

For me, it's the cost of the desired "leech" spot. It's for the ability to get exp on a job that isn't used for a SMN burn.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [46 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Nalien
Server: Bismarck
user: juro
By Bismarck.Nalien 2010-04-27 05:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Neither is killing a bunch of mobs via AoEs exploiting any game mechanics in any way.

BLMs have -aga'd ***around years before ToAU.
[+]
 Fenrir.Fdeath
Server: Fenrir
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Fdeath 2010-04-27 05:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Pwrlessgirl said:
Generally is 150k in Fairy for 40-50k XP
Just add up the XP it takes to take a SYNC lvl 12 spot to level 22.

I never done SMN burn on this main character... I only did couple of sync spots on 2 mules out of curiosity, that's about it. I enjoy more doing PWR XP parties (yes I do carry a pocket tarutaru) HOWEVER, all(16/20 so far) my jobs i have taken to 75 on XP parties. I laugh at those ppl paying 150k to burn their jobs on a leech spot and then spend 8-10 hours in CAPE TERRIGAN skilling up. TRUST ME you DON'T want to get to NYZUL ISLE on a MERIT PARTY UNDERSKILLED (LOW ACC/LOW WEAPON SKILL/ETC. And it doesn't matter if you have PL or NOT. People are just lazy to from parties.

It is very simple /sea all invite 67-75 or whatever, Get a TANK, GET a HEALER, GET a few DD's and/or a Fisherman.
If you are not able to perform this simple task then /sea all pwr and ask me (im usually leader on XP parties)
I won't be able to fetch the 40-50k per hour but on a good day we can fetch 100-120k XP

[UNDERSKILLED] What about ppl doing campaign Battle from 60 to 75.

idk about other server, but on fenrir is getting harder and harder to get/build a PT. No need to say how ppl can act sometime and leave PT randomly just bc they not doing enought EXP/h.

I really dont see anything wrong with SMN burn PT.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-04-27 05:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea it took me like 20mins to get an invite on cor,
I was in rage mode >:O
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-04-27 06:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

How is paying to AB any different than paying a merc shell to get your items?

Or offering money to a BRD or COR to join your merit party? lolpaying4exp
 Hades.Neheyiama
Server: Hades
user: Focusal
By Hades.Neheyiama 2010-04-27 06:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Too many MAATS HAT! -.- now i mostly think ppl just bought the hat. buy the smn burn, fight him and poof hat
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 06:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
How is paying to AB any different than paying a merc shell to get your items?

Or offering money to a BRD or COR to join your merit party? lolpaying4exp

Lol I wish people would pay me to join.

Mercing is different imo.
 Fenrir.Fdeath
By Fenrir.Fdeath 2010-04-27 06:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Neheyiama said:
Too many MAATS HAT! -.- now i mostly think ppl just bought the hat. buy the smn burn, fight him and poof hat

>< oh oh here we go, ppl gonna start say everyone with maat cap got it with smn burn.

I didnt get mine that way, i just asked GM and he gave me one. was 1 week before i ask him 1 zillion gil.
Flionheart said:
Mercing is different imo.

hmmm. explain?
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-27 06:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

smnburn is only good for one thing: leveling up a subjob you don't wanna bother with for long.

also wtf is with these necrobumps?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 06:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I really need to explain why mercing is different to smn burning?
 Fenrir.Fdeath
By Fenrir.Fdeath 2010-04-27 06:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

yes?
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-27 06:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Fdeath said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
yes?
first explain what mercing is (i've never done it/never heard of it yet and i'm curious now.)
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
Server: Sylph
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-04-27 07:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

When I started thinking of getting a Maat's Cap I already had 8x 75 Maat Jobs and it was pre Level Sync, FoV, WOTG etc was introduced to FFXI. So I had to level it "old school", having crappy camps like Garlaige, CN etc (eventho I've had some decent parties there).

The other jobs however, I tried to exp in East Ronfaure S from 37 - 55, whenever it was possible. Just to avoid the annoying above said camps (having to go there with 9 jobs and some other SJs was enough ~.~). When I was seeking I never refused any of these camps tho if i got invited there (only refused to exp in the dunes lol).

The only job i REALLY hated to exp was BST. Whenever I had to exp on it I was truly annoyed. I used to form my own parties almost since I started because I hate seeking. But on BST ppl would even reject invites if you wanna start a party <.< (especially when you have to level during JP prime time on a server with not many other EUs). So ya.

When my bst was 61 I was just so sick of the slow progress and of the whole job, I burned the remaining levels to 66 lol. And I was VERY thankful for that. I'd rather pay for a few exp than go on with the BST torture.

I totally understand the ppl who wanna AB the SJs they prolly need but hate to play.

It's kinda poor tho to AB most of the Maat jobs just to obtain the cap. I mean the cap really isnt THAT great, so why blow millions of gil for leech spots just to show off with it? Kinda stupid imo.
 Fairy.Basilo
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-04-27 07:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jetzabel said:
Ramuh.Kalyna said:
did i say i want it 75? i want to be DNC/NIN (and when i'm NIN i get bugged to tank and i don't like tanking) here let me rephrase that: I don't enjoy playing jobs other people expect something different of. Example: RDM main healer (lol they don't heal very well. they're main focus is ENFEEBLING MAGIC aka casting Dia, Paralyze, and so on with good accuracy as well as refreshing. Convert is what makes them main healers) another Example: NIN tanks. If it wasn't for Utsusemi, they'd suck as tanks. They're more DD Enfeeble instead of tanking. Do you really expect them to go thru 20k/party just to tank for 2 hours when they can use that stuff on other tools or DD equipment. (I mean they dual wield! DUAL WIELD!!!!!! WAR/WHM decently equiped can tank better than a NIN/WAR. This is coming from a WHM main job. NIN tanks are MP drainers more than WAR main as tanks. Hell DRK are better tanks than NIN.)
Whut? Sorry, NIN & DRK here and getting a little tired of all the NIN hatred I'm seeing around since I got back to the game. DRK is a better tank than NIN? whut? NIN WS damage is inconsistent at best, and it costs a fortune to make the best out of ninjitsu and shurikens. As for the point you are trying to make that NIN is some kind of god awful tank, apart from PLD, NIN is one of the best jobs to tank. Maybe you have only partied with sucky NINs, or maybe you suck at NIN (and a FYI, DNC is designed to be able to tank in many situations, I suggest to quit the job now if you think you will never have to tank, otherwise you are just going to be a half assed DNC. Not trying to be offensive, but that comes straight from SE). Either way, NIN can be a great tank in many situations - don't write something off just because you can't do it or don't want to do it. As for RDM - Good luck levelling it to 37 even, with "I'll only cast dia" in your /seacom ><

You has a good opinion and is hawt, where bouts in England U from?
Fairy.Pwrlessgirl said:
Generally is 150k in Fairy for 40-50k XP Just add up the XP it takes to take a SYNC lvl 12 spot to level 22. I never done SMN burn on this main character... I only did couple of sync spots on 2 mules out of curiosity, that's about it. I enjoy more doing PWR XP parties (yes I do carry a pocket tarutaru) HOWEVER, all(16/20 so far) my jobs i have taken to 75 on XP parties. I laugh at those ppl paying 150k to burn their jobs on a leech spot and then spend 8-10 hours in CAPE TERRIGAN skilling up. TRUST ME you DON'T want to get to NYZUL ISLE on a MERIT PARTY UNDERSKILLED (LOW ACC/LOW WEAPON SKILL/ETC. And it doesn't matter if you have PL or NOT. People are just lazy to from parties. It is very simple /sea all invite 67-75 or whatever, Get a TANK, GET a HEALER, GET a few DD's and/or a Fisherman. If you are not able to perform this simple task then /sea all pwr and ask me (im usually leader on XP parties) I won't be able to fetch the 40-50k per hour but on a good day we can fetch 100-120k XP

I dont know whats worse tbh joining an AFB party or joining a "PWR lvled" party with Pwrless, ego way up at 10, and a taru 75whm that never leaves you. You know dying and making a NORMAL party means one without a PL too is actually fun you know.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 07:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Fdeath said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

yes?

Are you really that dim?
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-27 07:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jetzabel said:
Whut? Sorry, NIN & DRK here and getting a little tired of all the NIN hatred I'm seeing around since I got back to the game. DRK is a better tank than NIN? whut? NIN WS damage is inconsistent at best, and it costs a fortune to make the best out of ninjitsu and shurikens. As for the point you are trying to make that NIN is some kind of god awful tank, apart from PLD, NIN is one of the best jobs to tank. Maybe you have only partied with sucky NINs, or maybe you suck at NIN (and a FYI, DNC is designed to be able to tank in many situations, I suggest to quit the job now if you think you will never have to tank, otherwise you are just going to be a half assed DNC. Not trying to be offensive, but that comes straight from SE). Either way, NIN can be a great tank in many situations - don't write something off just because you can't do it or don't want to do it. As for RDM - Good luck levelling it to 37 even, with "I'll only cast dia" in your /seacom ><
---if you still play and read the forums---

My mindset is of old MMO and D&D where the tank takes ALL the hate and noone else should take the hate away from them. DRK can take hate easilly with Black Magic and rediculously high WS damage. Only reason why people like NIN tanks is because they think Copy Image is effective. It's not. Get over it. I've been with people claiming they're the best NIN tanks. They don't take hate. They get the party killed then leave claiming the 5 other people are bad players, whereas, when we replace him with a, let's say, WAR/DNC, we survive and do good EXP for hours.

I know DNC can be a tanking class (after seeing Animated Flourish at lvl20) For me, i'll only use it to take the mobs away from the mages, assuming we have a main tank. But DNC being a main tank would be a bad idea because you basically need TP and finishing moves to get the party going whereas WAR and PLD/WAR have their JA of "Provoke" (40WAR/20DNC and higher have both provoke and animated flourish, great way to keep hate alongside their decently high damage and decent armor)

as for RDM: I'll be healing. I like to heal. I don't mind healing but a healing RDM is basically a dumbdown version of a WHM which is why they have access to convert and refresh, cuz they waste mp more than a WHM until then assuming no BRD.
 Lakshmi.Snuffy
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Snuffy 2010-04-27 07:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Fdeath said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

yes?

Are you really that dim?
I'm also interested in hearing this answer :popcorn:
 Fenrir.Fdeath
By Fenrir.Fdeath 2010-04-27 07:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
It's kinda poor tho to AB most of the Maat jobs just to obtain the cap. I mean the cap really isnt THAT great, so why blow millions of gil for leech spots just to show off with it? Kinda stupid imo.

I agree with that. I also did my first 14 job 75 'old style' but like i said in previous post, is getting harder and harder on my server to gather together a PT, is even worse if you LFG.

1~11 (solo ez) 12-20 (AB or V.Dune?...) 20~40 Qufim/Kazham/CN/GC ( i can stand these zone ) but 40~55? option is level sync, Quick sand cave again these anoying Ant, GC again BAT with they anoying attack downm or K.Tunel with these crazzy high DEF crab and these bunch of new style player spaming whitout SC/MB freeze/Blizzard... then 55~75 = aht Urhgan zone where the real fun start and TBH at this point i dont see why ppl would AB it..

Alright i probably missed some zone like: in the past, but then you invite someone and he say: Sry no access.
Flionheart said:
Are you really that dim?
Oo are you still trying to figure it out ?! Take your time we all impatient to hear it :)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9