Cerberus.Quipto
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2010-03-09 15:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Chasuro said:
Hades.Neheyiama said:
Smn burn shows no skills. It kills the game how other people who played the game fair and such got their skills from it while others are noob and yet 75. I saw a 75 rdm somehow died from soloing that headlong belt, i was like you got to be kidding me.
I'd challenge your Summoner skills against mine if I could. I got my smn to 75 with af burns. I then skilled up my smn and enjoy it so much I'm working on my skills soloing and in pt's. Because of AF burns I was also able to easily merit my smn job. Because friends in my af burn pt's needed the gear, we have a nice group to fight nm's that drop smn gear. The person who chooses not to learn or skill up their job is going to be a douche regardless of how they get to 75. It is possible that because of af burns, these people stand out more. Be glad. Please have an open mind. There are many solutions to the same problem. For instance, one solution could be doing your own thing and not caring what other people are doing.
A-***-men to that.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-09 15:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no problem with the Summoners or the pullers, I have a problem with the leechers.

If I get a Leecher in a 37 ER(s) or Wajoam party they'll get kicked.
 Seraph.Chasuro
Server: Seraph
user: Chasuro
By Seraph.Chasuro 2010-03-09 15:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Bismarck.Klikevil said:
it's a blatant abuse of the level sync system.

So is people hitting 75 in Qufim Island, East Ronfaure(S) and Lv.55 Wajaom Woodlands PT's..

Right?

Yes some people do.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-03-09 16:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Chasuro said:
Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Bismarck.Klikevil said:

So is people hitting 75 in Qufim Island, East Ronfaure(S) and Lv.55 Wajaom Woodlands PT's..

Right?

Yes some people do.

I think you might've missed my point. Astral Burns are "a blatant abuse of the level sync system" yet these parties are generally deemed fine and dandy. Even though, they too abuse the level sync system in the exact same manner.
[+]
 Seraph.Chasuro
By Seraph.Chasuro 2010-03-09 16:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

yep I did, I was just about to delete it. :p

It's not abuse. It is a clever use of game mechanics. If you don't like it, don't do it.
 Seraph.Corleonis
By Seraph.Corleonis 2010-03-09 16:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

People used a "clever use of the game mechanics" in salvage, and look how that turned out. I highly doubt SE intended people to ding 75 in a single zone, as a job in the teens, with minimal effort.
[+]
 Fairy.Brenda
Server: Fairy
user: Jornna
By Fairy.Brenda 2010-03-09 16:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So if someone goes from 20-75 all in Qufim, they should be banned?
 Remora.Frotaut
Server: Remora
user: frotaut
By Remora.Frotaut 2010-03-09 16:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

100-200k in remora
 Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-03-09 16:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol @ the butt hurt^^
SMN burn's QQ QQ and QQ some more.
Se said if they get 500k butt hurt QQers
by the 2nd update they will remove smn out the game
but only if the 500k butt hurt QQ for 5 days strait and
4 baby taru are sacraficed to Geruda 0.o
[+]
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-03-09 16:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Ignore him, as he has 0 clue what he's talking about and even if it does happen, he doesn't know that, as he is just guessing.
Don't take my word for it then. But then again, thats one source of income gone when it does become true, huh?

yeah i too saw this somewhere. I can't remember where, and for some reason i can't find it again. Illusion maybe? Still, to see another person saying the same makes me wonder. I'm not going crazy then?

The other thread we had on this some guy told me it's already 15 the max number of mobs that smn aoe can hit. But if it goes down to 10, that's 66% of the current performance. So yeah one would get less exp like this or would need some extra smns to fix it up.
 Carbuncle.Akada
Server: Carbuncle
user: Akada
By Carbuncle.Akada 2010-03-09 16:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

What if a 75 does it for a quick buffer? (Mind you, the skills are all capped) I don't do it but I am just pondering on the thought. o.o Is it as bad as burning a job to 75?
 Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone 2010-03-09 17:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Klikevil said:

What about LVL 37 Colibri parties? How about Qufim parties? Those players that go to 75 in these parties are just as gimp as the people in SMN burn parties. Let's get rid of level sync and everyone will be happy. Deal?

I've burned my SMN to 75 and my SCH. My WHM, BLM and RDM have been done the normal way.

I don't pay for leech spots. I have had some people offer 150k. I've never accepted though.
 Asura.Riddick
Server: Asura
user: Riddick
By Asura.Riddick 2010-03-09 17:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

SE Please drop a NM in Korr Tunnel so I stop getting merrit parties with people seeking skill ups. Or allow me to view there skill caps when I check them. Either way id be happy.
[+]
 Bismarck.Klikevil
Server: Bismarck
user: klikevil
By Bismarck.Klikevil 2010-03-09 17:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

https://secure.playonline.com/polapps/s/s.kb.html.Qa?ZUID=3&polg_loc=en&id=2652&qs=id%3D0%26c1%3D0%26c2%3D0%26k%3Dcheat%26s%3D0%26o%3D0%26term%3D0%26caseNum%3D10%26polg_loc%3Den

just to clear the air here I feel it should be against the rules because:
[Game Exploits]
Players who take advantage of in-game mechanics not intended as normal means of game play may have their account suspended and all items or experience obtained through those actions confiscated.

<rant>
Paying for 2 hour resets then using your 2 hour repeatedly to gain massive amounts of experience points in a few minutes just doesn't sit well with me, everyone else had to work to get their jobs to 75 and you go and spit on them by *** off and doing it in a few days. Makes a mockery out of all the hard work people put in to the game. Why the so-called administrators of the game don't see it this way I have yet to comprehend. Defend it all you want but there will never be a reason why i will surrender to your advice to change myself I'd rather die; if you don't have the patience to sit down and play the job and experience it growing through the levels then go back to buying your characters you snot nosed little ***. </rant>
[+]
 Bismarck.Apathy
user: ApathyMNK
By Bismarck.Apathy 2010-03-09 18:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Klikevil said:
https://secure.playonline.com/polapps/s/s.kb.html.Qa?ZUID=3&polg_loc=en&id=2652&qs=id=0&c1=0&c2=0&k=cheat&s=0&o=0&term=0&caseNum=10&polg_loc=en

[Game Exploits]
Players who take advantage of in-game mechanics not intended as normal means of game play may have their account suspended and all items or experience obtained through those actions confiscated.

<rant>
Paying for 2 hour resets then using your 2 hour repeatedly to gain massive amounts of experience points in a few minutes just doesn't sit well with me, everyone else had to work to get their jobs to 75 and you go and spit on them by *** off and doing it in a few days. Makes a mockery out of all the hard work people put in to the game. Why the so-called administrators of the game don't see it this way I have yet to comprehend. Defend it all you want but there will never be a reason why i will surrender to your advice to change myself I'd rather die; if you don't have the patience to sit down and play the job and experience it growing through the levels then go back to buying your characters you snot nosed little ***. </rant>

Seriously. Burners can throw technicalites and split hairs about east ronfaure all you want. But there is a huge and obvious difference between taking a different route, and skipping the trip altogether.
[+]
 Fairy.Ticko
user: Tickooo
By Fairy.Ticko 2010-03-09 18:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN burning is just doing things more efficient. PLDs tanking with NIN sub is more efficient then with WAR sub. Either one can get the job done, which one is easier and faster? If you're complaining about people doing things more efficiently, then you should be complaining about 80% of the game. Teleporting is more efficient then running, you gonna complain about that?
[+]
 Bismarck.Apathy
user: ApathyMNK
By Bismarck.Apathy 2010-03-09 18:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha... anyway
[+]
 Fairy.Cailleach
user: Cailleach
By Fairy.Cailleach 2010-03-09 18:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Chigo burns > Astral Flow burns .... enough said.
[+]
By Tickooo 2010-03-09 18:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Cailleach said:
Chigo burns > Astral Flow burns .... enough said.
This.
[+]
 Fairy.Spiriel
user: Spiriel
By Fairy.Spiriel 2010-03-09 18:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Klikevil said:
https://secure.playonline.com/polapps/s/s.kb.html.Qa?ZUID=3&polg_loc=en&id=2652&qs=id=0&c1=0&c2=0&k=cheat&s=0&o=0&term=0&caseNum=10&polg_loc=en

[Game Exploits]

<rant>
Lemme make this easier for you.

Salvage dupers just broke alliance while in Salvage. They did nothing to trick the game mechanics.

SMN burners just use a level sync mule. They do nothing to trick the game mechanics.

Hmm...
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-03-09 18:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is this important?
 Bismarck.Klikevil
user: klikevil
By Bismarck.Klikevil 2010-03-09 18:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spiriel said:
Bismarck.Klikevil said:

[Game Exploits]

<rant>
Lemme make this easier for you.

Salvage dupers just broke alliance while in Salvage. They did nothing to trick the game mechanics.

SMN burners just use a level sync mule. They do nothing to trick the game mechanics.

Hmm...

Let me make it easier for you, if SE had intended for people to use their 2 hours repeatedly to level then they wouldn't take 2 hours to reset on their own.
[+]
 Fairy.Brenda
user: Jornna
By Fairy.Brenda 2010-03-09 18:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

They wouldnt have made Wild Card Either :/
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-03-09 18:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
[+]
 Fairy.Dartt
user: Dartt
By Fairy.Dartt 2010-03-09 19:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The tunnel will be more crowded with the servers merged, so it's likely you'll see leeches willing to pay more to not have to wait too long for a pull. It'll only take an hour after that for pullers to realize they can get more and start raising the price. When looking at a Fairy-Sylph merger (I don't know how big of a thing it is on Sylph), the price will probably go from 150 to 200-250 very quickly.

[/shocked] I actually kept to the original topic of the thread without tossing my 2 cents on what I think of astral burn parties.

But yeah, live and let live. Just enjoy the game. It's a game afterall. No need orgasming on a message board everytime the phrase "SMN BURN" is mentioned. ^^
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-03-09 19:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

To everyone bitching about those bitching and complaining about AFB's... Just let it go, I've been playing this game for years and people always find something to *** about... There's always something a fairly large group of people don't like, and all they do is *** and moan about it... If AFB disappeared tomorrow, there would be a new thing to take it's place by day's end..

Unless you actually farm or EXP in the spot where AFB's are taking place, then wtf are you bitching about in the first place? Just because they're taking the easy and lazy way out? Is it affecting you? If they join your endgame LS and suck, boot them, if they for whatever reason end up in a merit or EXP party you're in, ask the leader to kick them or leave...

Some people just want a reason to piss and moan, unfortunately, from my own experiences, I've learned a lot of those people happen to reside in this game...

BTW for those that are butt hurt because they spent time getting their jobs to 75 and these people are doing it in record time, well you had the same choice to do it as well.. and you'll have the choice to do it again soon when the level cap hits 99... Since you claim you know your job so well because you worked your way up, there should be nothing stopping you (other then not wanting to pay for the EXP and there are other ways around that) from taking advantage of the oppurtunity, if you still choose to do it the traditional way, then don't complain about how you worked to get your job where it is, while they just sit on their *** and get the same result.

BTW, I've never been in a AFB, and don't plan to ever do it.. I'm not that seriously into the game that I can't just level it my way, which is doing FoV's, level syncing with friends/wife, or doing campaign battles.. May take longer, but I'm playing this game to enjoy the game, not grind my *** to level cap as quickly as I possibly can.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-09 19:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

This topic is like beating a dead horse with a stale loaf of bread.

I suggest all topics even mentioning smn burning should immediately be put in the flame core.

People that dislike it wouldn't get so riled up if there wasn't a thread every other week saying how good it is.

And likewise people that pro SMN burning wouldn't get so riled up if there wasn't threads complaining about it every other week.

No-one cares anymore

asdhjsghjkfsdhkasdfa
 Seraph.Chasuro
By Seraph.Chasuro 2010-03-09 22:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Akada said:
What if a 75 does it for a quick buffer? (Mind you, the skills are all capped) I don't do it but I am just pondering on the thought. o.o Is it as bad as burning a job to 75?

AF Meripo's FTW

Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-03-09 23:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Klikevil said:
Let me make it easier for you, if SE had intended for people to use their 2 hours repeatedly to level then they wouldn't take 2 hours to reset on their own.

What kind of argument is that? It's not like the people burning are exploiting a glitch allowing them to two hour repeatedly over and over thusly exploiting their two hours.

It's SE that added Wild Card, not the people ABing. Stupid argument is stupid.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-03-09 23:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spiriel said:
Paying for 2 hour resets then using your 2 hour repeatedly to gain massive amounts of experience points in a few minutes just doesn't sit well with me

Ever actually done an astral burn? It takes at least 30-60+ minutes to pull the zone, and that's with a few pullers (which you have to do if you want a decent amount of experience.) Then it takes at least 15 minutes to do the actual flow itself and kill all the monsters; then to spam subsequent Ramuhs to finish them off.

"A few minutes", rofl. No chance. I'd say the average burn takes an hour to an hour and a half, and that'd be considered quick. When we do it, everyone pulls and it still takes 30-40 mins to even get started with the actual burning. The monsters don't round themselves up to one spot.

Ultimately you're looking at about 30-40k /hour on average; the lower mark being obtainable by an excellent merit party setup. You're comparing the same average experience / hour in an astral burn to an easily obtainable exp / hour in a merit party; yet I don't see anyone saying merit parties are exploiting the game.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9