Which Prime Is Lining Up To Be Most Job Changing?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Which Prime is lining up to be most Job changing?
Which Prime is lining up to be most Job changing?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Sylph.Pve
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: zsky
By Sylph.Pve 2024-01-26 13:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

tallica said: »
Genoxd said: »
Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Sometimes we 5 man our 8 boss runs with WAR COR BRD SMN GEO. SMN can stun lock ACDEG bosses with Ramuh, totally prevent Degei/Aita TP moves/fetters with Mewing Lullaby and pretty much trivializes Gartell with Perfect Defense/Conduit.

Could you expand on the strat here a bit? I'd love to try running this as SMN. For E are you stun locking with just shock squall or also doing Volt Strike? We usually run with SAM so my concern would be killing their 4step
I second this.

I third this. Does the SAM go all out or pace itself for mewings? Does other jobs use /DRK for absorb-TP ?
By SimonSes 2024-01-26 14:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Pve said: »
I third this. Does the SAM go all out or pace itself for mewings? Does other jobs use /DRK for absorb-TP ?

What SAM? they use WAR :)

Volt Strike is Fragmentation, so it's pretty easy to use it on start and follow up on WAR to make light and Radiance with Chango. Then you can Shock Squall when stun from Volt Strike wears off. Then Volt Strike again to open for another SC. Even if E and G will TP once ot twice between Stuns it's not a big deal.

Nobody is using Absorb-TP, because it won't work on D and H. They will resist each cast. It's probably just a matter of at least 55% Subtle blow and Mewing every 20 sec.

The only thing I don't understand is why Conduit on Gartell. What exactly it is used for there? For mewing or damage? Opening SC for WAR or Magic Bursting with BP?
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2024-01-26 20:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Pve said: »
tallica said: »
Genoxd said: »
Sometimes we 5 man our 8 boss runs with WAR COR BRD SMN GEO. SMN can stun lock ACDEG bosses with Ramuh, totally prevent Degei/Aita TP moves/fetters with Mewing Lullaby and pretty much trivializes Gartell with Perfect Defense/Conduit.

Could you expand on the strat here a bit? I'd love to try running this as SMN. For E are you stun locking with just shock squall or also doing Volt Strike? We usually run with SAM so my concern would be killing their 4step
I second this.

Woah, I'm positively surprised to see that many people interested in SMN.

Aita: Mew is used every 20-26 seconds, the WAR is SCing with a Subtle Blow set. As I have already mentioned, Aita doesn't have regain and Mew is not nerfed at all, it's very easy to prevent TP moves on him (much easier than on Ody bosses for sure)

Dhartok: Shock Squall and Thunderstorm MBs

Triboulex: Shock Squall and Volt Strike, of course not at the same time to avoid a "no effect" on stun. It's not very important but still worth mentioning that the Malicious Spire adds don't attack and thus cannot inflict amnesia/paralyze while Triboulex is stunned. Fleet Wind is obviously nice if we have Haunt debuff.

Gartell: The COR buff me with Beast Roll on the way. If Gartell is in wind mode I add more buffs like Ecliptic Growl against the absorb move.
Perfect Defense is used right before the start of the fight then I summon Siren for AC Hysteric Assault and throw some Curagas after Conduit ended (SMN can now Curaga III for over 1k HP with Raetic Rod +1, Aurorastorm and Soothing Current). Usually Gartell dies at the same time PD wears off with WAR, BRD, COR and Siren zerging it.

Also, this is super situational but I would like to point out that the Endrain from Heavenward Howl is crazy strong with the recent gear/power creep, our WAR can drain up to 1000-1500 HP with a lucky crit/triple dmg hit proc and becomes almost unkillable. Too bad this Endrain gives more TP to a mob (it turned out to be less an issue than I thought but still...) and is based on the moon phase so it's very niche.
[+]
By Genoxd 2024-01-27 02:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Great info, thanks
[+]
By SimonSes 2024-01-27 05:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, this is super situational but I would like to point out that the Endrain from Heavenward Howl is crazy strong with the recent gear/power creep, our WAR can drain up to 1000-1500 HP with a lucky crit/triple dmg hit proc and becomes almost unkillable. Too bad this Endrain gives more TP to a mob (it turned out to be less an issue than I thought but still...) and is based on the moon phase so it's very niche.

I guess you haven't tested if that drain effect is affected by subtle blow?

Also does it work well on some bosses too? All of them have either 5% resist rank or absorb dark damage, so it would be logical that drain should be really bad on them, but maybe it's some weird non elemental drain or doesn't have macc check?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-01-27 08:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

From the looks of it it's just a percentage of damage dealt as added drain damage with no other considerations. JP sources indicate that they don't think it can resist but that bears either an attestation from Papesse or testing

As he already said though it would be next to useless for like 50-60% of the vanadiel moon cycle. Half the time it does aspir and it probably wouldn't be as valuable during the smaller drain phases. That said it'd beat the ***out of most other smn buffs when it's a good phase assuming it works the way it seems to.
By SimonSes 2024-01-27 11:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

With Ukonvasara it would be OP even with 5% tbh.
 Shiva.Myamoto
Server: Shiva
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-01-27 11:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, I have seen my ukon crits spike as high as 17k before and 22k with the rare empy armor + AM3 triple damage proc combo. That 22k was pre aria as well so could even be higher now at this point on the off chance you get the combo proc. 5% of even say the average of 14-15k AM3 hits is still draining ~700 give or take a bit. Does this drain effect work on both hits of an attack round? because if so that is stupid strong and I want to get SMN buffed right meow lol.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2024-01-27 12:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

If it gives more TP to the mob, I would assume it's processed as a second hit and actually adds damage to each hit?
By SimonSes 2024-01-27 12:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
If it gives more TP to the mob, I would assume it's processed as a second hit and actually adds damage to each hit?

Yes
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2024-01-27 13:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The endrain cannot be resisted, works on subsequent hits, gives as much TP as the initial hit and is affected by Subtle Blow, it basically double the amount of TP given. This sounds terrible but actually not that much if it almost negate the need to cure and it doesn't make much a difference when you have 3-4 DDs feeding TP.
To give you an idea of how busted this buff can be sometimes, we recently did the Shadow Lord Master Trial with WAR SAM BRD COR GEO SMN setup, the melees were back to full health between every AoE, the only person who needed cure was the GEO. Again, this is a very situational buff but it's quite fun when it works.
[+]
By K123 2024-01-27 14:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

So you can time doing content around moon phase to make it easier to win now? All those moonphase jokes we told for decades SE troller us back with?
By smii 2024-01-28 07:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The endrain cannot be resisted, works on subsequent hits, gives as much TP as the initial hit and is affected by Subtle Blow, it basically double the amount of TP given. This sounds terrible but actually not that much if it almost negate the need to cure and it doesn't make much a difference when you have 3-4 DDs feeding TP.
To give you an idea of how busted this buff can be sometimes, we recently did the Shadow Lord Master Trial with WAR SAM BRD COR GEO SMN setup, the melees were back to full health between every AoE, the only person who needed cure was the GEO. Again, this is a very situational buff but it's quite fun when it works.

I did some testing with Heavenward, as mentioned with the multi attacks it's a T1 enspell, the drain is not affected by weather or O. Sash. As expected it doesn't work on undead. Overwritten by and overwrites ifrits enfire, assuming is messes with Auspice and other elemental enspells.

The references on the BGwiki shows the testing was done over a decade ago. I don't have any of the newer augments with avatar main stats and would be curious to see if it does anything. If nothing else SMN can mitigate the TP feed some amount with Siren's favor, or go nyan cat and Conduit > Mewing.
[+]