First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 21 22 23
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-17 06:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Came upon a building full of raiders, slowly made my way through killing them all, kept going downstairs and then the stairs stopped but I noticed I could get down using a couple platforms but I wouldn't be able to get back up, no big deal right?

Seems pretty quiet down here, oh hang on what's that growling? Ahh *** what just hit me like a truck? Oh God it's a Deathclaw, with a skull next to it's name! (Fallout 4's way of indicating an enemy is at least several levels higher than you). *** run dude! Oh no it cornered me, oh no it's picked me up....RIP
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-11-17 07:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Came upon a building full of raiders, slowly made my way through killing them all, kept going downstairs and then the stairs stopped but I noticed I could get down using a couple platforms but I wouldn't be able to get back up, no big deal right?

Seems pretty quiet down here, oh hang on what's that growling? Ahh *** what just hit me like a truck? Oh God it's a Deathclaw, with a skull next to it's name! (Fallout 4's way of indicating an enemy is at least several levels higher than you). *** run dude! Oh no it cornered me, oh no it's picked me up....RIP

Tangentially related point: normally NPCs labeled "settlers" are default friendly. Has anyone else experienced in this particular game -- without firing a shot or stealing a thing -- some settlers are default hostile? I'm not sure if I'm somehow inadvertently offending random wasteland denizens or if some of them are just ***; both possibilities seem equally likely in the Commonwealth...I mean...it is *** Boston. have you seen Bruins fans?

Now, to the more directly-related point, I took down a Mr. Handy last night that was attacking me because it was friendly with a Settler who decided I was apparently with the Super Mutants that were attacking him, even though they were attacking me too.

His Mr. Handy was a beast with that little skull, but through some clever use of cover, the blessings the alt-key steadying of sniping, and the judicious use of a few stims, I took down both agencies in that particular firefight and felt pretty good about myself.

Of course, the legendary raider I subsequently encountered killed me three times and when I reloaded for the fourth time and went back to get my power armor and minigun, when I went back there was a legendary bloat fly there instead. =(
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2015-11-17 08:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno about them being aggressive by default or anything, I have had them become hostile due to a rogue grenade or in one case where I was using explosive rounds (the small explosion has a mini-aoe and hurts friendlies).
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-17 08:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

One of the tips in the loading screen told me you can put away your weapon and it might make hostile NPCs friendly again.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-11-17 08:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Settlers won't fight me, but maybe it has something to do with the side you're on? I'm part of the Minutemen, so there's a possibility that maaaaaaybe you have to be in cahoots with them?

I have had this problem with scavengers, though. They've been aggressive since I first came upon them.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-11-17 08:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

gonna be fun when you get to the point of being able to tame deathclaws, screw dogmeat, I'll stroll with deathclawmeat
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-17 08:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I activated a Protectron in policeman mode and he started off friendly and was fighting raiders but at one point turned hostile, dunno what triggered it.
By Ramyrez 2015-11-17 08:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
I have had this problem with scavengers, though. They've been aggressive since I first came upon them.

Oh.

Oh, maybe it was a scavenger, not a settler.

Similarly names, and when they're hostile I shoot first and ask questions later.

Can't be too careful out there in the heat.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-11-17 08:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
gonna be fun when you get to the point of being able to tame deathclaws, screw dogmeat, I'll stroll with deathclawmeat

I'm still rocking the lone wanderer perk.

Dogmeat's awesome, but I like him more than I like myself; I definitely like him too much to make the poor guy face death every 10 minutes. He can stay in sanctuary with teddy bears and I'll visit him and bring him dog food.
By Ramyrez 2015-11-17 08:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »
I dunno about them being aggressive by default or anything, I have had them become hostile due to a rogue grenade or in one case where I was using explosive rounds (the small explosion has a mini-aoe and hurts friendlies).

Nah, I think subsequent to the comment above I realized it may have been a scavenger, not a settler.

I am allied with the Minutemen atm, so, yeah.

I activated a Protectron in policeman mode and he started off friendly and was fighting raiders but at one point turned hostile, dunno what triggered it.

I have had absolutely zero good times with Protectrons. Activate them as medics, they mill around uselessly. Activate them as anything else they just end up aggressive to me at some point.

I'll just keep shooting them while they're deactivated. They're worth exp and don't fight back that way.

...I may still be upset about Protectron Bad Touch in New Vegas. There aren't a lot of counselors in the wasteland.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-11-17 08:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't get around to playing last night. Night before I decided I would explore the under ground of Concord. Came across a legendary radroach and netted a sweet +50% dmg on ghouls pipe rifle. Got chased around by some murkmires then headed topside to a railway station where a battalion of feral ghouls chased me around for a few minutes...then I ran into a synth being held at gun point by it's counterpart who I told to just kill him. Turned out it was the right one cause the dead guy had synth components... Good times. Something tells it would be more fun to have killed the human though.
By Ramyrez 2015-11-17 09:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I really hate the stupid pipe guns, but came to the realization last night that I really need to start using them when I discovered I have literally, by a factor of 10, more ammunition for them than any other caliber.

Edit: Also, this may sound odd, but this is the most fun I've had not cheating in a Bethesda game since I first got Fallout 3 for PS3 upon its release.

I normally play them through once without cheating and then arbitrarily decide what cheating is okay and not, giving myself unlimited caps/lock picks and god mode if it would mean dying and losing progress otherwise.

But even dying in this game is fun! (See my legendary molerat story from yesterday.)
[+]
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-11-19 17:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never, ever played a Fallout game before this one, nor have I really played many games like it at all, so I'm not really sure if I'm doing things "right" or not.

I'll be somewhat vague, because I don't know what constitutes spoilers or not.

After escaping the vault, I came across a big satelite dish, went inside a building, found some raiders, died after a bit of trying to proceed inward... ventured off, found the Minutemen, helped them with some ***, and after a while there was a Deathclaw with a skull next to it's name roaming the street outside. Tried to snipe it from a rooftop while this dude shot it with a rail gun thing, but it kept running away. Decided to aggro pull it, ran inside a shop, and the Deathclaw kept trying and failing to get inside. All the while, the dude with the gun shot at it, and it eventually died. So I killed a Deathclaw at level 3... sort of. Yay, is that good? Is it even supposed to happen? Now these guys moved out, and want beds.

Went inside a tunnel at Walden Pond, and died horribly to the guy past some dangling tin cans. I think the dog died too because he's gone. Hope he respawns.

Now in Diamond City at level 4. Learned very quickly not to try to shoot the guards. Yeah, that didn't go over well.

So my few questions:

- Should I just sell any and all "junk" or will I need certain things later and regret it?

- There's obviously a specific goal of this game (looking for something/someone specific), but aside from that, is this game completely open, or is there some linearity to the story. Can I/should I go wherever I want?

Game just seems huge, kind of overwhelming and a bit unclear at what objectives matter towards the main story and what doesn't... Off-hand, I'm supposed to be crafting beds for one group, and going to visit a reporter for another objective.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-19 17:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like that deathclaw was the story based one you encounter in the first minutemen quest, did it come out of the ground and you were wearing power armour?

As for your questions...
Shiva.Francisco said: »
- Should I just sell any and all "junk" or will I need certain things later and regret it?
It seems all junk can be converted into a material used in crafting, because of that I've been hoarding it all then storing it all in crafting stations, as far as I can tell the materials are stored across the crafting stations in all your unlocked settlements.
- There's obviously a specific goal of this game (looking for something/someone specific), but aside from that, is this game completely open, or is there some linearity to the story. Can I/should I go wherever I want?
Bethesda games are always very open and yes explore to your hearts content, you usually find some useful stuff in these weird locations and often some funny or bizarre situations.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-11-19 17:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

as far as I can tell the materials are stored across the crafting stations in all your unlocked settlements.

This is only true if you have supply lines connecting them all together. Each settlement has a separate workshop inventory otherwise.
[+]
 Shiva.Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-11-19 17:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like that deathclaw was the story based one you encounter in the first minutemen quest, did it come out of the ground and you were wearing power armour?

Yeah, that's the one, thought I didn't see it come out of the ground - I wasn't able to kill it from the roof, which is what I think I was supposed to do... I blew all my Minigun bullets destroying the Raiders... When I tried to use other weapons, he kept running into an alley preventing me from killing it... ran out of ammo on all my guns pretty fast actually, and failed in trying to kill it straight up.

My tactic of aggroing the Deathclaw and running into the corner store across from the Hall of Freedom worked, although it took the Minuteman guy a while to kill it, as his aim kinda sucked. Even though it worked, I feel like I "did it wrong".
By Ackeron 2015-11-19 19:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know where I can find a collected list of all the side quests?

Just unlocked the final mission and I want to finish everything else first.
By Grumpy Cat 2015-11-19 19:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
as far as I can tell the materials are stored across the crafting stations in all your unlocked settlements.

This is only true if you have supply lines connecting them all together. Each settlement has a separate workshop inventory otherwise.

Yup this works, it just wont display all your junk in the workbenches at every outpost. If you try to build things though, it lets you use the resouces of the ones that are connected.
 Asura.Ninjaface
Server: Asura
user: Ninjaface
By Asura.Ninjaface 2015-11-19 22:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Activate them as medics, they mill around uselessly.
medic gives them a defibrillator weapon instead of a beam. it' stupid. they don't heal you or anything, they just become melee instead of ranged.

When I tried to use other weapons, he kept running into an alley preventing me from killing it... ran out of ammo on all my guns pretty fast actually, and failed in trying to kill it straight up.
I wound up having to melee mine to death on survival mode.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-11-19 22:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Even with supply lines it doesn't work this way. Supply lines will allow outposts to share primary resources that might be in excess in certain areas meaning Water and Food.

Your crafting materials still have to be moved manually between outposts which really bummed me out after I finally got my supply lines running thinking it would be easier to build in some of the crappier outposts.

Seems off, I definitely didn't drop off over 5000 wood and steel at Greygarden. Bug maybe?
[+]
 Shiva.Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-11-19 22:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ninjaface said: »
Ramyrez said: »
Activate them as medics, they mill around uselessly.
medic gives them a defibrillator weapon instead of a beam. it' stupid. they don't heal you or anything, they just become melee instead of ranged.

When I tried to use other weapons, he kept running into an alley preventing me from killing it... ran out of ammo on all my guns pretty fast actually, and failed in trying to kill it straight up.
I wound up having to melee mine to death on survival mode.

Survival mode? No idea what that is... but I do know my attempt to melee the Deathclaw did NOT go well, even in the Power Armor.

Currently like level 5, and I die repeatedly going into like Copley or Park Street - so I probably need to level up. Finding I die rather quickly to a lot of enemies, especially if there are multiples.
By Grumpy Cat 2015-11-19 23:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Even with supply lines it doesn't work this way. Supply lines will allow outposts to share primary resources that might be in excess in certain areas meaning Water and Food.

Your crafting materials still have to be moved manually between outposts which really bummed me out after I finally got my supply lines running thinking it would be easier to build in some of the crappier outposts.

Seems off, I definitely didn't drop off over 5000 wood and steel at Greygarden. Bug maybe?

I figured out what was going on, I'll edit my earlier post.

I was going off what was in the workbench when you hit Transfer. I assumed (incorrectly) that since I was not seeing my resources there, that there was not reason to try entering to build menu.

Once I decided to randomly try it somewhere and realized I can make 55 turrets in an outpost that had only 50 wood in the workbench I realized it must be working as intended.

Sorry for any confusion I caused anyone.
[+]
By Grumpy Cat 2015-11-19 23:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

At the risk of double posting... perhaps this system is still a bit buggy.

I just went to another outpost that was under attack, again with limited resources and this time NOT in my supply lines, and it still had access to all my resources... wtf?
By Ackeron 2015-11-20 01:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Found my first wild Behemoth and Mirelurker Queen. Not at the same time thank god but still, they were each a hell of a fight.

Currently Lv40, how about you guys?
By Grumpy Cat 2015-11-20 03:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ackeron said: »
Found my first wild Behemoth and Mirelurker Queen. Not at the same time thank god but still, they were each a hell of a fight.

50~something.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-11-20 18:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that's the one, thought I didn't see it come out of the ground - I wasn't able to kill it from the roof, which is what I think I was supposed to do... I blew all my Minigun bullets destroying the Raiders... When I tried to use other weapons, he kept running into an alley preventing me from killing it... ran out of ammo on all my guns pretty fast actually, and failed in trying to kill it straight up.

My tactic of aggroing the Deathclaw and running into the corner store across from the Hall of Freedom worked, although it took the Minuteman guy a while to kill it, as his aim kinda sucked. Even though it worked, I feel like I "did it wrong".

A better method is to run in and use the power armor as a meat shield, melee all the raiders to death (Saving ammo), when the deathclaw spawns Let it go after the remaining raiders and shoot the cars near them, when these explode they Deal MASSIVE damage to the thing, around 30% of his HP shaved off.

Then you Cripple his legs so his movement is restricted and you can kite his *** while shooting (to some degree), take your strongest single shot weapon and kite while your AP bar fills and Head shot that *** to hell. and obviously Unload you minigun to his face.

You can also exit the Power armor at low hp, Kite the Deathclaw and Shoot the power core on the back for an atomic explosion (Not as powerful as a nuke from a Bigboy) and it'll Wreck him.

Also note, when fighting *** with power armor, send in your dog, or ally to get the initial Aggro/Sight form the target, or pin and Shoot the power cell, It disables his armor, triples the damage he takes plus its a nice Area Explosion crippling most enemies nearby saving you a ton of ammo and time.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-11-20 18:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a fun night playing Fallout, found a dump site with loads of mole rats that had a sniper rifle hiding inside, I then found and killed the legendary Jackal, followed by sniping a red spot on a Super Mutant's hand which turned out to be an explosive.

Which made sense when I collected the spoils and his name was "Suicider Super Mutant"

EDIT: Sorry, Legendary Mongrel, I'm clearly getting MGS and Fallout mixed up.

If you want to find Hell on Earth, There's a place near the Jamiacan Centre (bottom Right Quad of map), I hope you enjoy relentless wtf hoardmode.

Or for those truly insane...
By Ackeron 2015-11-20 19:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
I had a fun night playing Fallout, found a dump site with loads of mole rats that had a sniper rifle hiding inside, I then found and killed the legendary Jackal, followed by sniping a red spot on a Super Mutant's hand which turned out to be an explosive.

Which made sense when I collected the spoils and his name was "Suicider Super Mutant"

EDIT: Sorry, Legendary Mongrel, I'm clearly getting MGS and Fallout mixed up.

If you want to find Hell on Earth, There's a place near the Jamiacan Centre (bottom Right Quad of map), I hope you enjoy relentless wtf hoardmode.

Or for those truly insane...
Jamiacan was fun, but for your spoiler,

Anyone else have a companion body slam people when they get into melee range? ***is amazing! I just want them to shout, "OH YEAH!!!" like the Machoman.
By Grumpy Cat 2015-11-21 18:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So, incest.
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2015-11-21 18:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ackeron said: »

theres i think 2 more behemoths and swan < a named one that drops an awesome unique named fist weapon> you need to kill for the Harder they fall trophy/achievement
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 21 22 23